IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG

There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 7 years ago

and fun, as i just get it few ago, and it was at the left scoop !!!???

btw, i've also just found how marshmallow multipliers are working (as yes, these works !!! lol) :
when starting the mode, already noticed that the GOZER target was blinking before making any shoots ! than yes, its there !

of course, its hard & risky to aim for that before going for main shoots, but its very good from a player point of view of course
what i still dont know is how/which shoot is choosen to being upgrade (may be if someone want to try with his hands !?)
got two shoots at X2 and one at X3... suppose we can go much much higher

cool

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Tell that to all the operators here! Please! I beg you!

I know how you feel The ones I ordered took a while to arrive....it was a long draining wait

#303 7 years ago

so I thought a lot of the reaction to the new scare was REALLY dramatic BUT I just had it happened to me and it's waaaaaaaaay over the top. I was rushing to turn down the noise b/c the scream sounds like someone is being murdered and it was 1130pm, kids sleeping, etc. wtf. I turned that feature off asap. Good idea, bad execution.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I turned that feature off asap. Good idea, bad execution.

You solved it. Just turn it off, and turn it on when its a good opportunity (house party, etc).

It would be like having some jump scare app or something, you aren't going to have it on all the time, just once in a while you set someone up.

#305 7 years ago

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help

So something weird happened yesterday.

On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs

Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.

Any ideas on what this could be?

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey guys I'm going to post this in a couple GB threads. I'd appreciate the help
So something weird happened yesterday.
On Saturday, I updated to 1.10 and played a bunch of games and noticed quite a few bugs
Last night I had a few games and I noticed the left flipper sometimes when I pressed it would stay up.
Any ideas on what this could be?

I had to adjust both the flippers on my GB. The assemblers love to bolt the flipper pawl right to the bushing. There should be a slight gap between the 2. You can usually grab the flipper bat and give it a little up/down movement. If there is zero movement it is too tight and will eventually mechanically bind.
You have to loosen the screw on the pawl and readjust it if it is the case.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I had to adjust both the flippers on my GB. The assemblers love to bolt the flipper pawl right to the bushing. There should be a slight gap between the 2. You can usually grab the flipper bat and give it a little up/down movement. If there is zero movement it is too tight and will eventually mechanically bind.
You have to loosen the screw on the pawl and readjust it if it is the case.

Thanks man appreciate the help.

Only thing is, I'm a bit new to all the tech stuff. Any chance you could take photos or video of what you mean?

No worries if not. Cheers

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Rooky79, follow the steps of my video to backup your SD card.
» YouTube video

Hi Wiggy, I watched your video and I'm prepping to do this. Q: Did you format the card to FAT32 1st or does the program just clone that as well? I'll be using a brand new card.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Thanks man appreciate the help.
Only thing is, I'm a bit new to all the tech stuff. Any chance you could take photos or video of what you mean?
No worries if not. Cheers

Next time I do a flipper rebuild I can.

Great info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers/page/32#post-3367899

#310 7 years ago

ok, here's how the marshmallow multiplicators are (! seems !) working :

when starting the mode, you have the 4 main shots available
on the screen 4 parts corresponding with all mp set at 1X, the first on the left side is more "lighted", its the one to be active

shoot for the GOZER target to increase by 1 this mp
you have no control on how to move/select 1 of these 4 mp, its "moving" with the bumpers

now, or you'll still shoot for gozer & bumpers to increase 1 of the 4 mp...
or (you think you're lucky ennough ! lol) you'll go to complete the mode itself by choosing as your 1st shoot (in fact as requested by the marshmallow) the one corresponding to the higher mp
and this will give you the big points ONLY at the very last shoot of the mode, in the right lane

evbd understand ?

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Hi Wiggy, I watched your video and I'm prepping to do this. Q: Did you format the card to FAT32 1st or does the program just clone that as well? I'll be using a brand new card.

Chuck, the software actually formats the card for you. But I believe the card needs to be formatted in FAT32.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Chuck, the software actually formats the card for you. But I believe the card needs to be formatted in FAT32.

Thanks Wiggy. I just got my SD cards today (same card as in my Ghostbusters (Class 10 Sandisk) . The cards were pre-formatted as FAT32. I cloned my GB Premium using (HDDRawcopy1.10Portable) which created a final card in FAT16. I have not stuck it in my Ghostbusters yet, but I'll try it soon.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks Wiggy. I just got my SD cards today (same card as in my Ghostbusters (Class 10 Sandisk) . The cards were pre-formatted as FAT32. I cloned my GB Premium using (HDDRawcopy1.10Portable) which created a final card in FAT16. I have not stuck it in my Ghostbusters yet, but I'll try it soon.

Tested the backup card and its works perfectly. Best idea ever before updating to a new revision.

#314 7 years ago

Hey all just got my GB premium and it seems to be working well with no major issues...reading through the thread a little here it looks like some folks like the 1.10 and some have issues. Has there been an update to 1.10? I cant make up my mind to down load it or stay on the 1.05 it came with. Is it work with it?

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Hey all just got my GB premium and it seems to be working well with no major issues...reading through the thread a little here it looks like some folks like the 1.10 and some have issues. Has there been an update to 1.10? I cant make up my mind to down load it or stay on the 1.05 it came with. Is it work with it?

There's been no follow-up update, but I say that you might as well update to 1.10. While there are a few bugs, the next revision is going to be a continuation of what we have here, so you may as well start learning the game on the newest code.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Tested the backup card and its works perfectly. Best idea ever before updating to a new revision.

Yup! I did what you did and have 2 SD cards! I can switch versions at will even... and I'm back to running 1.05 waiting for next update.

#317 7 years ago

1.10 actually makes the game fun. Dont believe the Pinside trolls.
1.05 is pretty unforgiving for most players

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Ausfester:

You have all of four posts on this forum and you think you know who the "Pinside trolls" are already? Suspect...

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Ausfester:

btw, i dont think we, the trolls (...) didnt say the game is NOT fun, we've just said its full of bugs

than, fun AND bug free, should be the aim to reach
quite easy to follow the "to do list" as all the big probs are already reported here from time

#320 7 years ago

Did anyone else notice they removed the magna slings adjustable power settings in 1.10? I wonder why?

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did anyone else notice they removed the magna slings adjustable power settings in 1.10? I wonder why?

Maybe it was a mistake... or perhaps raising the power is going to cause cratering in the area above the slings?

Rob

#322 7 years ago

Ok this is driving me crazy, on the plunge 90% of the time the ball hits that upper right switch and activates that shot(or deactivates all the other skill shots). In looking at it I'm not sure how it would avoid that switch. Is this common and happen to everyone, seems that switch needs to be deactivated on plunge to allow it to go around. Help?!

#323 7 years ago

Going back to the scare; happened to me for the first time tonight. My lights were off, wife and baby sleeping.....she literally jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, I nearly shit myself as I went for the switch thinking it froze. It was absolutely bonkers! 50 feet away upstairs my wife hear it scream in her ear practically!!! Baby didn't even wake up, and my heart rate went through the roof.

Friggen cool experience! It legit got me because I had no clue wtf was happening.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ok this is driving me crazy, on the plunge 90% of the time the ball hits that upper right switch and activates that shot(or deactivates all the other skill shots). In looking at it I'm not sure how it would avoid that switch. Is this common and happen to everyone, seems that switch needs to be deactivated on plunge to allow it to go around. Help?!

A full plunge should go all the way around, so something seems off.

Quoted from PinLen83:

Going back to the scare; happened to me for the first time tonight. My lights were off, wife and baby sleeping.....she literally jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, I nearly shit myself as I went for the switch thinking it froze. It was absolutely bonkers! 50 feet away upstairs my wife hear it scream in her ear practically!!! Baby didn't even wake up, and my heart rate went through the roof.
Friggen cool experience! It legit got me because I had no clue wtf was happening.

I had a booth at Tucson Comic Con this weekend and had my GB there. Scare happed 5-6 times over the weekend and got everyone's attention when it happened. Scared the crap out of a few kids too.

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Haha, I just had it happen too for the first time and I updated the code on day one. I actually kept waiting for it and waiting for it and waiting for it for the first week and I finally forgot all about it. Then two nights ago my buddy and his wife were over and he was playing my GBLE while I was next to him playing Star Trek Premium. The lights went out on the machine and I immediately thought that it was midnight madness or something because I hadn't set the clock yet so maybe the game thought it was midnight and then it happened. Me and my buddy were almost in tears we were laughing so hard. My poor dog ended up spending the next 30 mins on the other side of the house since she was in the room when it happened. I'm so glad my wife and our friends were over when it happened. Made it that much better. Kudos Stern.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A full plunge should go all the way around, so something seems off.

I've tried and just doesn't work, so basically a full plunge is supposed to jump over that top right switch and not activate it huh? I guess I have to try and adjust my plunger to see if I can get it to work better.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've tried and just doesn't work, so basically a full plunge is supposed to jump over that top right switch and not activate it huh? I guess I have to try and adjust my plunger to see if I can get it to work better.

Is it hitting anything? I actually went to a green plunger spring because about 5% of plunges would hit Stay Puft and not go all the way around. Now it pretty much never happens.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm not having the plunge problems you are describing, and not sure what you mean by a top right switch it has to jump over. Do you have photos?

#329 7 years ago

I only trip that upper right switch on plunge that's too hard to just fall into the orbit, but not hard enough to make it to the rollovers. It's rare, but it does happen from time to time. It's kind of plunging the Gem shot on Tron. You can probably do it on purpose, but it would be tough. If you're getting it every plunge, something is wonky, yeah.

#330 7 years ago

After getting stuck on Ballroom numerous times, I was thinking I'd love a feature that is a mix of time-out and no time-out, where you either the complete the mode or are given 2 or 3 chances (adjustable), then it continues. I really want to complete each mode but after 3 attempts if I can't do it, move on. I really don't want to have just one shot at it because the timers are fairly short. Which leads me to the next point, make the mode timers adjustable in the menu like in ST.

I also don't like how quickly the captive balls time out. Post passing is possible but not easy on this game and there's not a left/right exchange via ramps. So hang on, don't time out, I'm working on it. Maybe just a timer adjustment would work here as well.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

After getting stuck on Ballroom numerous times, I was thinking I'd love a feature that is a mix of time-out and no time-out, where you either the complete the mode or are given 2 or 3 chances (adjustable), then it continues. I really want to complete each mode but after 3 attempts if I can't do it, move on. I really don't want to have just one shot at it because the timers are fairly short. Which leads me to the next point, make the mode timers adjustable in the menu like in ST.
I also don't like how quickly the captive balls time out. Post passing is possible but not easy on this game and there's not a left/right exchange via ramps. So hang on, don't time out, I'm working on it. Maybe just a timer adjustment would work here as well.

Timer adjustments for the scenes and shot timeouts might be the easiest solution. I remember "Underwater Doom" on Shadow seemed hard to beat on the default timer settings, but thankfully the mission timers could be adjusted (increased) in the settings. It made that mission a lot more fun because I now had a better chance of beating it.

Rob

#332 7 years ago

With the new code is there a way to adjust the modes so that the same mode will no continue from ball to ball if you don't complete it??

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Timer adjustments for the scenes and shot timeouts might be the easiest solution. I remember "Underwater Doom" on Shadow seemed hard to beat on the default timer settings, but thankfully the mission timers could be adjusted (increased) in the settings. It made that mission a lot more fun because I now had a better chance of beating it.
Rob

Mode timers on IJ makes a huge difference as well. And even though you don't have to complete modes on STTNG, I wish the timer for Asteroid Mission was a little longer. I think I've only completed it once in 15 years.

I did discover last night that there is a slight grace period to hit shots after the timer expires. I hit the last shot in one of the modes after the mode had ended and it gave me the final animation.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

With the new code is there a way to adjust the modes so that the same mode will no continue from ball to ball if you don't complete it??

Yeah, you can turn it off. You can turn off timing out modes as well.

That's the real issue with 1.10. Unless you were really looking to make the game a lot easier, there's not much else in the code update aside from a video mode (which often locks the game up) and a scare feature that does nothing to the game.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, you can turn it off. You can turn off timing out modes as well.

where do you go in the menu to turn these off??

thanks
p

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I updated last Tuesday night and STILL have not got the scream. It is turned on in the settings. Will try again tonight after work.

I did not know about this feature as I was playing at 11 pm with sound down and kids in bed. The Spooked Librarian scream scared the bagezzies out of me and my kids - woke them up and wife came out wide-eyed with a WTF was that look???. I had the garage door open so I am sure my neighbors have even more love for me. I do love my GBLE and so does my wife, but we cant play it after 9:00 at night. Which sucks because we cant get enough....hot stuff!!

#337 7 years ago

Just turn the scare feature off and you can play all night!

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I did not know about this feature as I was playing at 11 pm with sound down and kids in bed. The Spooked Librarian scream scared the bagezzies out of me and my kids - woke them up and wife came out wide-eyed with a WTF was that look???. I had the garage door open so I am sure my neighbors have even more love for me. I do love my GBLE and so does my wife, but we cant play it after 9:00 at night. Which sucks because we cant get enough....hot stuff!!

lol best pinside post ever.
you can turn scare mode off in the menus

#339 7 years ago

I still haven't updated because of all the reported bugs & lock ups. I was hoping there would be a fast update just fixing those things until final code (if there is one).
I wish there was at least some communication on expectations. Could be worse I guess (KISS)..

#340 7 years ago

Still to great of a game Butch..... Thank you for hooking me up with plenty of play time on your premium to help decide. I should have mine by next Friday as my dist. said they were expecting them from Stern by next Wends. Cant wait !!!!

Also talked to the wife and she agrees, the 4 of us should all get together for dinner and a night out THX AGAIN !!!

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Still to great of a game Butch..... Thank you for hooking me up with plenty of play time on your premium to help decide. I should have mine by next Friday as my dist. said they were expecting them from Stern by next Wends. Cant wait !!!!
Also talked to the wife and she agrees, the 4 of us should all get together for dinner and a night out THX AGAIN !!!

Anytime! You know where I am

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I still haven't updated because of all the reported bugs & lock ups. I was hoping there would be a fast update just fixing those things until final code (if there is one).
I wish there was at least some communication on expectations. Could be worse I guess (KISS)..

I messaged Dwight on here about the flashers getting left on during PKE frenzy and I didn't get a reply. If it's a bug, I think it's one of the more serious ones in the game. Maybe he can't reply because he works for Stern, but some acknowledgement if it's a bug and will be fixed would be appreciated. I would email [email protected], but I have before and they don't respond from there either. Basically we are all left in the dark... Owners deserve better than this.

Rob

#343 7 years ago

So last night I'm playing my Ghostbusters Pro and I get this really good game going. Three multiballs, 2 extra balls. The clacker fires because I got to a free game about halfway thru the 15 minutes of play. It takes 900,000,000 to get a free play. When it finally ended, I look up to see if I got the new high score and it says 393,000,000. WTF, I guess this latest version of the code is buggy..

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I messaged Dwight on here about the flashers getting left on during PKE frenzy and I didn't get a reply. If it's a bug, I think it's one of the more serious ones in the game. Maybe he can't reply because he works for Stern, but some acknowledgement if it's a bug and will be fixed would be appreciated. I would email [email protected], but I have before and they don't respond from there either. Basically we are all left in the dark... Owners deserve better than this.
Rob

i wish we got better too but personally i'd rather they were working on the code than responding to emails...

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

WTF, I guess this latest version of the code is buggy..

no way, just ghosted, as all is working perfectly

#346 7 years ago

got-slimed-stern-pinball (resized).jpggot-slimed-stern-pinball (resized).jpg

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinnutz:

So last night I'm playing my Ghostbusters Pro and I get this really good game going. Three multiballs, 2 extra balls. The clacker fires because I got to a free game about halfway thru the 15 minutes of play. It takes 900,000,000 to get a free play. When it finally ended, I look up to see if I got the new high score and it says 393,000,000. WTF, I guess this latest version of the code is buggy..

That must be some "special" feature.

#350 7 years ago

There's no option to change flipper strength?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/7?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.