IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So if I update and don't like I can go break no problem?

You have to have the 1.05 code, which I and someone else posted a link earlier

#252 7 years ago

If my locations I have access to have that scream thing enabled and it blasts me in the face at full machine volume, I'll kick the coin door in. Screw that crap. I'm glad I saw this before either one of them updated the code, because between this and all the little glitches and other junk (Timing out modes?!! REALLY!?!? HOW DID DWIGHT NOT LEARN HIS LESSON ON THIS WITH STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION!? /facepalm) I'm going to strongly encourage them to either not install the code or let me adjust the defaults to disable these idiotic changes. I rarely EVER complete one mode ladder, much less all of them, and that's the way it should be...not start a mode and sit there with a ball on the flipper to get to Final Frontier, where all the points are. SMMFH.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If my locations I have access to have that scream thing enabled and it blasts me in the face at full machine volume, I'll kick the coin door in. Screw that crap. I'm glad I saw this before either one of them updated the code, because between this and all the little glitches and other junk (Timing out modes?!! REALLY!?!? HOW DID DWIGHT NOT LEARN HIS LESSON ON THIS WITH STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION!? /facepalm) I'm going to strongly encourage them to either not install the code or let me adjust the defaults to disable these idiotic changes. I rarely EVER complete one mode ladder, much less all of them, and that's the way it should be...not start a mode and sit there with a ball on the flipper to get to Final Frontier, where all the points are. SMMFH.

Or perhaps you just turn the option off to time out modes and turn scare feature off? Seriously why complain? You were given options in the software - you don't have to use them.

This is like complaining free play is in the software. Don't want free play? Turn it on coin play.

Wow. People just like to complain sometimes. So many people are complaining about things with no rational basis I think I can't take the Internet anymore.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Or perhaps you just turn the option off to time out modes and turn scare feature off? Seriously why complain? You were given options in the software - you don't have to use them.
This is like complaining free play is in the software. Don't want free play? Turn it on coin play.
Wow. People just like to complain sometimes. So many people are complaining about things with no rational basis I think I can't take the Internet anymore.

The issue is that this is the bulk of the update. It's an adjustment. They literally added more bugs to the game than features or balance updates.

This code release is fairly hollow. If you don't want the easy mode, there's not much here for you. In fact, there's more bad than good. It's really piss poor of Stern to have let this out the door in this state and even worse that a hot fix hasn't been released yet.

#255 7 years ago

I think you're confused. I said "my locations" but perhaps "the locations near to me" would have been more clear. I don't OWN a ghostbusters, I just have access to two of them to play. I don't NECESSARILY have access to turn them off. They're not MINE. I know the owners/operators so there's a good chance I can get them to disable it, but they might also tell me to go jump in a lake, at which point I'll just simply vote with my money.

Go eat a....

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think you're confused. I said "my locations" but perhaps "the locations near to me" would have been more clear. I don't OWN a ghostbusters, I just have access to two of them to play. I don't NECESSARILY have access to turn them off. They're not MINE. I know the owners/operators so there's a good chance I can get them to disable it, but they might also tell me to go jump in a lake, at which point I'll just simply vote with my money.
Go eat a....

Correct it sounded like you owned the games and were complaining about them. I understand better now.

The last comment seems unnecessary... way to take the high road there. I'm sorry you feel the need to talk to someone like that when discussing a pinball game.

#257 7 years ago

I finally got some play on the new code and it's MUUUUCH better. The game is still physically hard as fuck cuz of all the cheap stdm drains and airballs....but now when you get a cheap drain at least the mode is still going....and if you can't make the narrow ass shots or actually get the ball to go up the Prem right ramp (every shot I made stopped at the curve and came back) ...timing out doesn't mean starting the same gaddamn mode again. Much less repetition = more fun.

#258 7 years ago

The last comment seems unnecessary... way to take the high road there. I'm sorry you feel the need to talk to someone like that when discussing a pinball game.

We all have bad days, and I've been on a short fuse in a bad mood all day. I don't edit myself out to make myself look better. /shrug

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I finally got some play on the new code and it's MUUUUCH better. The game is still physically hard as fuck cuz of all the cheap stdm drains and airballs....but now when you get a cheap drain at least the mode is still going....and if you can't make the narrow ass shots or actually get the ball to go up the Prem right ramp (every shot I made stopped at the curve and came back) ...timing out doesn't mean starting the same gaddamn mode again. Much less repetition = more fun.

The first scenes are a snooze fest and not having to replay or restart them doesn't 'fix' that. It's always the same shots and always the same points. The whole point of them being easy was something newbies could finish. Now with the changed default settings, these scenes don't need to be the easy 'gimmee' that they are now. More diverse shots and more points please. If poorer players can't complete it, it doesn't matter anyhow because the game continues on.

Rob

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The first scenes are a snooze fest and not having to replay or restart them doesn't 'fix' that. It's always the same shots and always the same points. The whole point of them being easy was something newbies could finish. Now with the changed default settings, these scenes don't need to be the easy 'gimmee' that they are now. More diverse shots and more points please. If poorer players can't complete it, it doesn't matter anyhow because the game continues on.
Rob

Same as any mode based game. No one complains about it on other games. If poor players can't complete modes they shouldn't be punished by only seeing We Got One or Who Brought the Dog every time they play.

In any case, there's no "gimme" in GB for new or good players since some of the shots are so tight, the flipper trajectory feels off cuz of the droop, and it's so fucking cheap with the 10 mile gap and cheap drains. The game was unplayable and not fun before. It's still pretty unplayable but a bit more fun.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same as any mode based game. No one complains about it on other games. If poor players can't complete modes they shouldn't be punished by only seeing We Got One or Who Brought the Dog every time they play.

The difference in many other games is that the modes may not be linear like they are in GB. I would really like to see the scenes tie into WCWS somehow and offer additional scoring incentives for having played them well. Kind of like how ST has the medals.

Quoted from Rarehero:

In any case, there's no "gimme" in GB for new or good players since some of the shots are so tight, the flipper trajectory feels off cuz of the droop, and it's so fucking cheap with the 10 mile gap and cheap drains. The game was unplayable and not fun before. It's still pretty unplayable but a bit more fun.

GB is more than playable, it just takes practice and learning the shots. I just had my best game of almost 3 billion points where I was really rocking the game. Several aspects of the code do need improvement though. I don't regret my purchase at all. A far better game than KISS which I also bought (and sold).

Rob

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Mine was doing this on 1.05 also. One of the screws had fallen out so the whole switch housing could rotate freely. I kept telling myself that it couldn't be the switch because the ball would eject immediately and make the sound.

It was the switch! Tested it in the switch test, and the ball was only activating the switch for a split second, not holding the switch closed. I loosened the switch, rotated it a bit, and all is well now.

#263 7 years ago

Played 1.10 tonight, had a good time! The LE is a huge improvement over the standard, and I got some good magnasling action. Though I spent some time purposefully hitting the scoops, I never got the screamer, though I kinda wanted to. I will say I'm glad I know about it, I know a few people who can't handle stuff like that and I'd probably be pretty pissed if it came at me without warning. Maybe a content advisory would be appropriate? "Scary mode"?

I did get the video mode lockup, and thankfully the advice in this very thread helped me out! Weird bug, it seems easy enough to encounter that I'm surprised it wasn't caught in play testing.

#264 7 years ago

Finally had time to put the 1.05 code back on my game to see if Slimer would register hits better.
The result was that while it did help he still was not like he was before and I went ahead and put 1.10 code back on the game.
So after futzing with the nuts on the top of his switch I do have him registering better.
At least the game is playable now that we can finish hitting him now to start modes if the skill shot is missed.
Now like everyone else I am just waiting on new code to fix all the game bugs in 1.10.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As far as the right ramp rejects, at first my ramp shots were smooth but then the rejects started. I "adjusted " the left part of the ramp with the blue rubber by hand bending it slightly outwards. Shots were smooth again. I think the air balls are caused by the "trampoline " effect of the two blue stand up targets on either side of the left ramp. I adjusted them a bit and reduced the air balls. I am thinking about replacing the targets with ones that have less spring.

I also think the new code is better.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

As far as the right ramp rejects, at first my ramp shots were smooth but then the rejects started. I "adjusted " the left part of the ramp with the blue rubber by hand bending it slightly outwards. Shots were smooth again. I think the air balls are caused by the "trampoline " effect of the two blue stand up targets on either side of the left ramp. I adjusted them a bit and reduced the air balls. I am thinking about replacing the targets with ones that have less spring.
I also think the new code is better.

Yeah that right ramp is pissing me off. I've tried a few things but still no luck. I just want it to be makeable or pke mode is useless and can't finish the save the ghostbusters mode. So frustrating. How did JT think it was acceptable as is. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Yeah that right ramp is pissing me off. I've tried a few things but still no luck. I just want it to be makeable or pke mode is useless and can't finish the save the ghostbusters mode. So frustrating. How did JT think it was acceptable as is. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Just lower the ramp by replacing the metal spacer that holds the metall guide at the right side by a shorter one, which reduces the hight of the right ramp correspondingly. This was already discussed in another GB threat some weeks ago. Works fine with my GB, more or less every "normal" shot into the right ramp is accepted now. I used a 1.5' metal spacer. And this is an easy fix, takes about5-10 minutes.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Just lower the ramp by replacing the metal spacer that holds the metall guide at the right side by a shorter one, which reduces the hight of the right ramp correspondingly. This was already discussed in another GB threat some weeks ago. Works fine with my GB, more or less every "normal" shot into the right ramp is accepted now. I used a 1.5' metal spacer. And this is an easy fix, takes about5-10 minutes.

I just wish they would have tested the game and figured this stuff out before shipping. Yes, I'm used to dialing in NIB games but what can I say, as the prices have gone up, my expectations have risen as well.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just wish they would have tested the game and figured this stuff out before shipping. Yes, I'm used to dialing in NIB games but what can I say, as the prices have gone up, my expectations have risen as well.

I think if people really had a chance to play this game before ordering they would have lowered their expectations.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think if people really had a chance to play this game before ordering they would have lowered their expectations.

Is it too much to expect a ramp to work? lol

#272 7 years ago

I've never found the right ramp problematic on either the pro or LE. It's a tight shot, but it better be. 6x running and PKE active, you have to make it tough. Clean shots always go through.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The ramp on mine works fine, haven't had to tweak it yet. It is a hard shot to make, but I think that is how it should be. I have had to make a few tweaks in other places on my GB to get it just right, but no more than I had to do on my TWD or Met. YMMV

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've never found the right ramp problematic on either the pro or LE. It's a tight shot, but it better be. 6x running and PKE active, you have to make it tough. Clean shots always go through.

Tightness aside, the ramp has always worked well on the Pros I've played. But on the LEs and Prems I've played it usually stops at the curve & rolls back down. I understand that tolerances & functions can differ from machine to machine....I've heard plenty of people say the magnet/hammer doesn't work well on Metallica LE/Prem...but it works great on mine. So, I get it...but, just offering my experiences so far.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Exactly! PKE jackpots should be a tough shot.

Rob

#276 7 years ago

I like the new code. Sure it has bugs (quite a few from what I've seen) but even with them I think it's more fun than before. I actually can get to the Stay Puft Marshmallow man now which is a really fun and creepy/eerie mode. Makes some of the early wizard modes attainable but keeps the deepest wizard mode still something that I'll have to work super hard at and maybe one day actually see. The thought of a mode ending and moving onto the next when you drain or time runs out isn't exactly a new idea either. One of the most beloved games with mode based rules is LOTR and that has similar rules and actually similar amount of total modes. Seems people like to complain about everything and want changes without really understanding the bigger picture. This game is about building up and working towards something epic. Sure the intro modes are straight-forward and simple, but that's the point, get through them quick and get onto the next more challenging aspect. I think it's great.

As for the right ramp - my game frequently stops right at the turn too, but that's on shots that are not clean. As others have pointed out, that ramp shot can literally be worth close to a billion points if you have it built up enough and have your 2X and 3X multipliers going - damn straight it should be a tough shot. Even though my game stops part way up on sloppy shots, it's fast and clean on every good shot I hit to it. Last night I hit PKE 3 times in a row - just gotta hit it correctly like any other pinball shot.

The game is tough, brutal, but I've found you can save almost everything if you're good enough and the tilt is open (not that I personally can, but much better players I've seen work my game like it's got a half inch gap in the flippers and no outlanes). It's perfect as a home game that you can adjust your tilt as you see fit, fix some of the areas that cause airballs and jumped rails, and add the center post fix to help with some of those middle drains that slap saves just can't reach, etc. On route it's a completely different story...

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tightness aside, the ramp has always worked well on the Pros I've played.

By working well do you mean shots that go up past the split but then come right back down again (typically hitting the rubber post and then shooting over down the left outlane)? Or shots that go all the way up to the one way gate and then register as a left ramp hit? Or shots that go up and then get stuck sitting on a microswitch that then requires a solid nudge to get loose (and then registers as a left ramp shot)? Seems your definition of working well is different than mine...

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

By working well do you mean shots that go up past the split but then come right back down again (typically hitting the rubber post and then shooting over down the left outlane)? Or shots that go all the way up to the one way gate and then register as a left ramp hit? Or shots that go up and then get stuck sitting on a microswitch that then requires a solid nudge to get loose (and then registers as a left ramp shot)? Seems your definition of working well is different than mine...

Haha, OK I guess the Pro ramp sucks too lol....worked well in the sense that it makes it and comes back to the inlane. Perhaps playing it on location, I didn't notice it doing all that funky stuff you listed.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played the first LE that shipped and thought that ramp was impossible and was a huge turnoff and helped push me to toward getting a pro.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

sorry, do you mean the hexagonal post and if so how do i get that out? never done one of them before. do i have to do it from underneath or above because i can't get at it from underneath? sorry appreciate your help. i don't have another hexagonal post but could file it down.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

sorry, do you mean the hexagonal post and if so how do i get that out? never done one of them before. do i have to do it from underneath or above because i can't get at it from underneath? sorry appreciate your help. i don't have another hexagonal post but could file it down.

From the top. Remove the metal ramp.

#282 7 years ago

ok and then just unscrew the post? is that right? sorry for going off topic everyone.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

ok and then just unscrew the post? is that right? sorry for going off topic everyone.

Yes, remove the metal ramp (2 screws), then unscrew the hex spacer from the top, new shorter one in and ramp back again. Lowers the ramp level significantly.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes, remove the metal ramp (2 screws), then unscrew the hex spacer from the top, new shorter one in and ramp back again. Lowers the ramp level significantly.

?!?! thats possible
will it fit with the other parts if you Change the angle?

do you have pics?

#285 7 years ago

thank you very much. I'll get to work

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

thank you very much. I'll get to work

Good you came here this is a great forum..
Looks like you cant get that great info on that idiotic aussie arcade forum lol
Hope you fix the issue

#287 7 years ago

all done. I did a few tests and seems pretty good. Much lower position. here are a few pics of this and the green magnetic tape I put over the ultra bright triangle led's near the slingshots. I have bad eyes and it was just too darn bright. Thanks for everyones help

IMG_1949 (resized).JPGIMG_1949 (resized).JPG
IMG_1951 (resized).JPGIMG_1951 (resized).JPG
IMG_1950 (resized).JPGIMG_1950 (resized).JPG

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

?!?! thats possible
will it fit with the other parts if you Change the angle?
do you have pics?

See the picture in the thread above. Looks pretty much the same as before, you won't notice it. It is not a problem, because the Connection between plastic 270 degree ramp and the metall ramp over the playfield is not fixed, but only stuck together so that there is enough space for a different angle between plastic ramp end and beginning of the metal ramp.

#289 7 years ago

I found that the original was a 2". A 1 1/2 seemed a little low and felt like it tweeked the ramp when re-attaching. I went with the 1 3/4. But you could try the 1 5/8 that is inbetween the two. I felt the 1 3/4 didnt tweek the ramp and seemed pretty good. But I still will get a few rollbacks. It is the metal ramp I am talking about that twists a little, when I say tweek. If you go to pinballlife just search hex spacers. The height difference helps, although if the ball doesnt go up that ramp smoothly. Or get slowed down by the blue foam etc. Its coming back at ya. Even with the height change.
Magicchiz

#290 7 years ago

I took the plunge and updated to the new code. Never had slimer issues besides rubbing which i fixed and the new code works perfect with him. No issues with slimer.

#291 7 years ago

so i fixed the ramp also with a shorter hex
about 6-7 mm shorter

i also bended the mounting of the end of the ramp a little bit
so the ball runs a little bit faster now at the ramp
was very slow after i fixed the loop

words realy better now

i also fixed the hight of the slider
now it moves without to hit the playfieldparts

#292 7 years ago

Started Stay Puft and took it into SFMB and was allowed to RAR the left ramp for about 20 shots, only stopped when I started Super loopin. Seems like a bug.

IMG_0986 (resized).PNGIMG_0986 (resized).PNG

#293 7 years ago

I'm going to pull the trigger on the 1.10 code update today.

Does anyone have a link to the 1.05 code in case I want to roll it back?

Cheers in advance

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Cheers in advance

Just image your old SD card. Takes about 5 minutes.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Cheers in advance

Rooky79, follow the steps of my video to backup your SD card.

#296 7 years ago

This game is a players dream. Get that multiplier skill shot with Stay Puft ready and your hitting 300 million+ shots. Had PKE jackpots at 445 million today and multipliers on and bricked 3 straight 2.6 billion point shots. LOVE THIS GAME

#297 7 years ago

Next code update should have a ball save for right ramp -> left outlane.

edit: do we know what triggers the (potential for a) scream? Unlit scoop?

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Next code update should have a ball save for right ramp -> left outlane.

Once I put the plastic protectors on, the ball doesn't hop over the outlane anymore and the ball exiting the ramp goes into the correct inlane

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Once I put the plastic protectors on, the ball doesn't hop over the outlane anymore and the ball exiting the ramp goes into the correct inlane

Tell that to all the operators here! Please! I beg you!

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

seems logical to me
and as i only got it 1 time, and scoop if often "lighted" with something, should be than...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/6?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.