IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Any video of the scare feature? My dad has issues with jump scares and I don't want to freak him out too much. Sounds like a fun gimmick on location.

I'd turn it off for your dad. Think of those "screaming" games that fool you and make you jump.

I have mine turned off at the moment for personal play, but I'm going to have a halloween party with a full house of people and that is prime time for something like that.

#152 7 years ago

I'd recommend installing the new code if you want to see more of the game. I've seen 'we came we saw' twice already - and nearly burned up stay puft mode....so much fun. I guess my biggest complaint with the new code is the ball eject sound/flasher.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know you downvoted my post regarding the scare mode criticism, but after 2-3 times of it doing the loud scream it gets old and you will want to disable it. I think the scream volume should be relevant to the volume level that you have set on the machine.

I loved when it happened, didn't read about it before hand and it really did legit scare the hell out of me. lol. But it was late with everyone in bed and it is REALLY LOUD. Couldn't agree more about it being volume controlled. I had the volume down due to it being so late so it was even more jarring.

#154 7 years ago

Awarding modes that time out is awful. Starting WCWS on the left ramp ladder takes only 4 shots; 1.skillhsot-timeout, 2. second mode start-timeout, 3. Third mode start-timeout, 4. WCWS. Done

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Awarding modes that time out is awful. Starting WCWS on the left ramp ladder takes only 4 shots; 1.skillhsot-timeout, 2. second mode start-timeout, 3. Third mode start-timeout, 4. WCWS. Done

Or 3 shots on the left saucer ladder. I agree that getting credit for timing out modes is a awful idea and shouldn't have been the default setting. It really takes all the challenge away and makes modes like Gozer basically irrelevant now.

#156 7 years ago

Wholly crap mine screamed at me today for the first time! It sent a chill through my body, I got goose bumps and my hair stood up. It was loud and blew my socks off! And I LOVED IT!

#157 7 years ago

I agree that I don't like having timed out modes count as being cleared. Never understood why the older games did that. I'm assuming that can be changed on default right? As for the other change they made to modes - the continuation one. Does that mean if I drain on a mode, it allows me to continue where I left off? I guess in the original code 1 drain would result in the mode ending and you needing to start again? hmmmm I might actually like it like that...

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree that I don't like having timed out modes count as being cleared. Never understood why the older games did that. I'm assuming that can be changed on default right? As for the other change they made to modes - the continuation one. Does that mean if I drain on a mode, it allows me to continue where I left off? I guess in the original code 1 drain would result in the mode ending and you needing to start again? hmmmm I might actually like it like that...

Yes, it continues where you were. Personally I don't like it as it locks you into starting with that mode. If I have 2 modes completed I'd rather be able to choose an easier mode to qualify an EB.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes, it continues where you were. Personally I don't like it as it locks you into starting with that mode. If I have 2 modes completed I'd rather be able to choose an easier mode to qualify an EB.

Agreed. I posted earlier in the thread that having time outs being awarded would probably be better defaulted off. Not a big deal I suppose, as you can always just go and shut it off yourself, I am just lazy

And instead of having the mode be in progress at ball start just have the shot for that mode be blinking, ready to resume next time you shoot it. Would bring back the selectable skill shot and give more options while still making it relatively easy to resume a mode.

TBH, the only thing that really bugged me about the way the modes worked in 1.05 is that the skill shot didn't default to the scene start for the last mode you had running. I am always in such a big rush to plunge that I kept forgetting to move the skill shot around. Again, lazy.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'd love the ability to disable the reverse flippers.

They should not only add that option but also make it the default. Inverting controls in any game is a bad idea, and always has been.

#161 7 years ago

The old code remembers progress of modes. Not sure what everyone's talking about with the new code.

#162 7 years ago

I like being able to switch ladders between balls vs. being forced to continue. I usually start games going for the far right ladder but if I don't make good progress on my first 2 balls I usually switch to the Spooked Librarian ladder as it's fairly easy to get past those to modes and reach WCWS.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This code is so buggy!
We were playing a game tonight and the game completely froze on the ESP video mode.. had to reset the game as you couldn't do anything:

Mine does the same thing

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Mine does the same thing

yep, froze during ESP mode for me last night. I turned the game off and on. Apparently you can tilt the machine to get out of it.

#165 7 years ago

Had scare trigger for the first time this morning. That is now disabled. My dog was terrified. I know some here might think that funny, but it will likely cause her serious diguestive problems for the next few days. I knew I should have just disabled it, but I wanted to experience it once.

I like the feature, but ignoring my volume is just unacceptable. I play on volume setting 1 and wish it could be quieter.

#166 7 years ago

After Scare went off it seemed to affect the volume for subsequent callouts/sounds.

#167 7 years ago

Maybe the default for scare should be off?

Rob

#168 7 years ago

New code on, have only seen the issue with E insert in pke rollovers that flickers.

Saw scare mode today, pretty cool. I knew what it did but I still got some shivers. Randomly had a great game and played mass hysteria; holy balls that was crazy with the reversed flippers

IMG_2673 (resized).JPGIMG_2673 (resized).JPG

#169 7 years ago

Have not updated code. Played all day today and love it. I was never really sure why people didn't like 1.05?

I guess the masses were complaining about not being able to experience deep into the game 1 week after they had the machine. Now from everything I'm reading it sounds like we have code that sucks?? I don't even think I want to drop the new code in.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Have not updated code. Played all day today and love it. I was never really sure why people didn't like 1.05?
I guess the masses were complaining about not being able to experience deep into the game 1 week after they had the machine. Now from everything I'm reading it sounds like we have code that sucks?? I don't even think I want to drop the new code in.

agreed... holding off on the new code too...

#171 7 years ago

How many other people have a Slimer that barely registers hits on their LE since updating to 1.10?

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Same, been playing the old code all weekend and it's pretty good. Definitely needs some tweeks, maybe a couple of extra multiballs , but I think they have gone too far making it "easier" on the new code. Im only an average player, and I can get to the last rung on all the mode ladders if that's what I concentrate on. Not every game, but enough to give me incentive to keep playing.

Biggest let down of the new code sounds like timing out modes (plus some bugs).

#173 7 years ago

As a super bad player, I cannot tell the difference between the code, besides some new features in 1.10. Sooo not to sure why people are avoiding it?

#175 7 years ago

I have not yet updated my LE with the new code. My favorit setting regarding mode progression would be simply taking out the respective timer in each mode. But I am Fine with the progression of modes based on the finalization of the Former mode and with losing the mode when draining. Would such a Setting (only cancelling the timer) be possible with the new code 1.10?

#177 7 years ago

its is already in the 1.10 setup... time out & completition mode continue

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Had scare trigger for the first time this morning. That is now disabled. My dog was terrified.

Thanks for the warning. My dog gets terrified in thunderstorms (quite regular here) and likes laying under my pins during storms. The noise drowns the thunder out. Last thing I need to do is drop a scream like that on her when she's already worked up, lol.

I think I will hold off on code till it's more inline with actual volume setting.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are there any points in that though? I think GB is different than ST in that in ST you get a shorter timer, but I think they need to do something with GB so that if you don't hit a shot every X seconds the timer stops like in ST. ST didn't start out like that, but after some snoozefest tournament showings, the timer pause was put in and changed the game to a much better tournament game.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Are there any points in that though? I think GB is different than ST in that in ST you get a shorter timer, but I think they need to do something with GB so that if you don't hit a shot every X seconds the timer stops like in ST. ST didn't start out like that, but after some snoozefest tournament showings, the timer pause was put in and changed the game to a much better tournament game.

By default the mode timers do stop if you hold the ball, just like ST. I think one of the later, big improvements in ST was the addition of medals which gave more incentive to play the missions well. Before that, the missions were just something to wade through to get to a wizard mode. We see kind of the same thing with GB where the scenes are just something to play through to get to the first mini wizard mode (we came we saw). First level scenes always score the same 21 million points on 3 shots which makes them quite boring. There's no real strategy or reward for doing well on these. They don't even have any bonuses some other scenes have like increasing super jackpot from certain shots. I like the way the spinner increases the super jackpot and I would like to see more of these 'side quests' in the game.

Rob

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

By default the mode timers do stop if you hold the ball, just like ST. I think one of the later, big improvements in ST was the addition of medals which gave more incentive to play the missions well. Before that, the missions were just something to wade through to get to a wizard mode. We see kind of the same thing with GB where the scenes are just something to play through to get to the first mini wizard mode (we came we saw). First level scenes always score the same 21 million points on 3 shots which makes them quite boring. There's no real strategy or reward for doing well on these. They don't even have any bonuses some other scenes have like increasing super jackpot from certain shots. I like the way the spinner increases the super jackpot and I would like to see more of these 'side quests' in the game.
Rob

I'd like to see the spinner increase in usage overall. No other reason than I just like spinners and that one isn't a walk in the park to hit.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know you downvoted my post regarding the scare mode criticism, but after 2-3 times of it doing the loud scream it gets old and you will want to disable it. I think the scream volume should be relevant to the volume level that you have set on the machine.

I don't disagree with having the volume match - But I appreciate the effort of adding something cool / fun to the game. I think its important to appreciate it when things are added to our games via code. I am sure he will fix the volume thing.

#183 7 years ago

Since Dwight is reading this, I would love to know why some are having Slimer registering problems and some are not.
It does not make any sense.
My Slimer was registering every single hit just before I installed new code.
After new code he will only register hits from behind him. So I have to aim at the ghost target and hope it bounces off of it to hit
Slimer in the back.
So now if you miss your skill shot on my game you are really screwed because Slimer is jut a bitch to complete now.
I put the game in switch test to confirm. I can bend Slimer all the way back and no switch hit. All the way left and right and no switch hit.
But move him towards the front of the game and he registers every time.
It seems so much like a physical problem, but can't just be coincidence it happened right after new code.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Since Dwight is reading this, I would love to know why some are having Slimer registering problems and some are not.
It does not make any sense.
My Slimer was registering every single hit just before I installed new code.
After new code he will only register hits from behind him. So I have to aim at the ghost target and hope it bounces off of it to hit
Slimer in the back.
So now if you miss your skill shot on my game you are really screwed because Slimer is jut a bitch to complete now.
I put the game in switch test to confirm. I can bend Slimer all the way back and no switch hit. All the way left and right and no switch hit.
But move him towards the front of the game and he registers every time.
It seems so much like a physical problem, but can't just be coincidence it happened right after new code.

This is exactly the same problem I am having. He registers shots only when hit from behind. I put the game in switch test and its strange how it works now- I tried to mess with the cable and couldnt get it to work all that good, so I gave up. Not sure what happened to the code to do this, but I did read in the release notes something about adjusting the sensitivity on Slimer which mine worked perfect before. I don't know why this needed to be screwed with.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is exactly the same problem I am having. He registers shots only when hit from behind. I put the game in switch test and its strange how it works now- I tried to mess with the cable and couldnt get it to work all that good, so I gave up. Not sure what happened to the code to do this, but I did read in the release notes something about adjusting the sensitivity on Slimer which mine worked perfect before. I don't know why this needed to be screwed with.

You said you rebuilt your Slimer mech when you first got it. Perhaps you screwed something up that the new code was supposed to fix.

Another poster mentioned the same issue as you, and when he put his Slimer back the way it was, it was registering correctly with 1.10.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am asking here because I don't know, but are there actually multiple switch circuits on the Slimer? If it is a single circuit, then there is no way to adjust anything via software that would make a difference. The adjustment for sensitivity would have to be a physical one. If there are multiple switch contacts on different paths, then maybe the front one is disabled. We know there are wires going to an LED in the slimmer mech...how many other wires go up to the contacts? I need to look at mine tonight, but I would think that if there were multiple paths, they would be separate switch tests in the matrix....but then again, I have been wrong before.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You said you rebuilt your Slimer mech when you first got it. Perhaps you screwed something up that the new code was supposed to fix.
Another poster mentioned the same issue as you, and when he put his Slimer back the way it was, it was registering correctly with 1.10.

Yeah when I put it back together it worked fine, and was working fine right before I updated the code. Now it doesn't register direct hits. I dont get why a simple code update would affect it, and even others reporting it here. When I took it apart, I didn't really change anything except bolt it down better as the assembly had some loose bolts and I think wasn't put together correctly from the start.

#188 7 years ago

I have not messed with the Slimer mech at all.
So I doubt that is KPG's problem.
He started only registering from behind right after the code update.
I know because I played a test game on 1.05 just before installing 1.10 and he was working great.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have not messed with the Slimer mech at all.
So I doubt that is KPG's problem.
He started only registering from behind right after the code update.
I know because I played a test game on 1.05 just before installing 1.10 and he was working great.

This is just a coincidence. Software has no effect on that mech.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for the input.
My common sense is telling me the same.
But, both of us having the exact same issue right after the install is pretty compelling.
I am seriously thinking about putting 1.05 back on to see if the problem reverts.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The release notes state that there was an adjustment to 'sensitivity' made.. so apparently that mech does have the ability to be affected by software, right?

Tweaks:
- Changed the sound of a couple timer sounds
- Tweaked instant info
- Changed GHOST letters to always reset to one shot away before bringing out
Slimer on MEDIUM or EASY. Changed HARD to be less hard.
- All multiballs now light Add-a-ball at their start.
- Changed Skill shot for top lane P from +5X to +3X
- Changed dozens of speech calls to be a bit brighter.
- Tweaked the colors of modes and features
- Severely reduced how much the Gozer the Gozerian mode increases the Super
Jackpot Value

- Made Slimer less sensitive when he first begins to decend.

- Increased the max ball save time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds
- Delayed Ball Search at end of modes when needed.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for the input.
My common sense is telling me the same.
But, both of us having the exact same issue right after the install is pretty compelling.
I am seriously thinking about putting 1.05 back on to see if the problem reverts.

This alone is making me think twice of updating the code. It would be a bummer if a perfectly good working slimer stops working.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The release notes state that there was an adjustment to 'sensitivity' made.. so apparently that mech does have the ability to be affected by software, right?
Tweaks:
- Changed the sound of a couple timer sounds
- Tweaked instant info
- Changed GHOST letters to always reset to one shot away before bringing out
Slimer on MEDIUM or EASY. Changed HARD to be less hard.
- All multiballs now light Add-a-ball at their start.
- Changed Skill shot for top lane P from +5X to +3X
- Changed dozens of speech calls to be a bit brighter.
- Tweaked the colors of modes and features
- Severely reduced how much the Gozer the Gozerian mode increases the Super
Jackpot Value
- Made Slimer less sensitive when he first begins to decend.
- Increased the max ball save time from 15 seconds to 60 seconds
- Delayed Ball Search at end of modes when needed.

They likely either changed when they start seeing if the switch is being hit, or adjusted the debounce. The original design (what I have) is mechanically flawed in that the cable doesn't have enough room to bend. My issues are intermittent, and actually rare now, but I loosened the plastic covering the cable and that gave it a little more room to flex.

#194 7 years ago

Take the 2 nuts off the top roof plate of your slimer and remove the plate exposing the adjustment plate. Loosen the two nuts on adjustment plate with same tool as top plate nuts and use short small tipped philips from underneath. Move your slotted plate forward or backwards till he reads right.

#195 7 years ago

Slimer switch is binary right? Either hit or not hit? Unless in software they require the switch to be open or closed for a tad bit longer to register in game? But if the software is doing that in game would it mimic in switch test?

Only way to know for sure is to put 1.05 back on and see what happens...

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Slimer switch is binary right? Either hit or not hit? Unless in software they require the switch to be open or closed for a tad bit longer to register in game? But if the software is doing that in game would it mimic in switch test?
Only way to know for sure is to put 1.05 back on and see what happens...

I intend to do that after work tomorrow.
Unless KPG beats me to it.
I will post what happens.

#197 7 years ago

I'd wait for the next update?
Or send an email off to Pat Powers.

Even if Dwight reads this, it helps him and us for Stern Staff to know as well.

Maybe sensitivity can make it into the menu....Id love that too.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'd wait for the next update?
Or send an email off to Pat Powers.
Even if Dwight reads this, it helps him and us for Stern Staff to know as well.
Maybe sensitivity can make it into the menu....Id love that too.

Agree.
Maybe the next update will be quick.
I may call Pat tomorrow if I remember at work. I usually have to leave a message and he will call back the next day though.

#199 7 years ago

Ok so here's what I did. I took apart the mech and adjusted the plates and it seems to work better. But now it's too sensitive and sometimes it registers a hit randomly. Sucks, it worked perfect before.. guess I'll mess with it another time, but something definitely changed here.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do you know? There is a lot you can do in software with even just a leaf switch:

Debounce state
Ignoring multiple hits
Ignoring hit in a specified time window
Ignoring a closed before another open

Lots...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.