IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 7 years ago

I would like to see the add-a-ball be a setting. Something like 'lit at mb start', '1 captive ball hit' or '2 captive ball hit'. Set the default to 1 ball hit.

Rob

#102 7 years ago

I love the scare feature, but the scream needs to be consistent with what you have the sound set to. I had my sound down because wife and kid were in bed, but the scream came on and seemed to be at max volume. I think my wife thought I murdered someone in the basement.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes I think the default should be one tick harder. Maybe the modes are just lit to start after ball drain rather than auto continue.

That's what the scene start skill shots WERE for. With the scenes auto resuming, scene lighting made easier and scenes not needing to be completed it kind of ruins the scene start skill shots. I really don't like some of the changes in this update. I realize Dwight tried to make the game easier for new players and most of the settings can be changed (back), but I just think the approach needs more thought. For example, if the new video mode can be beaten easy then why would anyone ever play ESP? If scenes are easy to light and finish, why would I ever pick a scene skill shot now?

Rob

#104 7 years ago

I would advise everyone to make a raw copy of the sd card on everyone of their spike-pin.
Incase it breaks, you can't just copy it, there's protection, you need a program like this
http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
(you can make a raw copy to a file on your pc, so you can easily create a new sd card)

The good thing is, if you do that, it keeps your settings and highscores from the moment you do the backup.
If you use a copy to do the upgrade, you can simply downgrade in seconds by switching the sd cards.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I love the scare feature, but the scream needs to be consistent with what you have the sound set to. I had my sound down because wife and kid were in bed, but the scream came on and seemed to be at max volume. I think my wife thought I murdered someone in the basement.

Should get 5 million points for getting screamed at too.

Rob

#106 7 years ago

This code is so buggy!

We were playing a game tonight and the game completely froze on the ESP video mode.. had to reset the game as you couldn't do anything:

IMG_2903 (resized).JPGIMG_2903 (resized).JPG

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This code is so buggy!
We were playing a game tonight and the game completely froze on the ESP video mode.. had to reset the game as you couldn't do anything:

This is how it happens..

Quoted from TimeBandit:

I've crashed it. Replicated with glass off. Hit scoop when lit for video as the skillshot, hit right flipper before your menu choice of which mode you want comes up, it jumps straight to ESP and hangs here...
» YouTube video

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This code is so buggy!

Yeah ! Same thing yesterday!!?
It froze up on me?
I opened the coin door, went in and out the menu and all of a sudden i am in the other new video mode?

#109 7 years ago

Code rushed out for Expo?

#110 7 years ago

Too bad code isn't more polished on this release. And these are quite major bugs..

#111 7 years ago

I'm on the fence about this one, so I think I'll wait.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You would need 1.05 on a flash drive.

Thanks. Is there a place we can download code 1.05? Now that Stern has update 1.10, the old 1.05 seems gone from the site.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I would advise everyone to make a raw copy of the sd card on everyone of their spike-pin.
Incase it breaks, you can't just copy it, there's protection, you need a program like this
http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
(you can make a raw copy to a file on your pc, so you can easily create a new sd card)
The good thing is, if you do that, it keeps your settings and highscores from the moment you do the backup.
If you use a copy to do the upgrade, you can simply downgrade in seconds by switching the sd cards.

If you have a Mac, no 3rd party tool needed. Just use Disk Utility to make an image if the SD card.

#114 7 years ago

I just sold my ghost busters yesterday. Ha! Ha! Ed

#115 7 years ago

I've got a vacation day tomorrow, so tonight will be 'update GB and pour some Jack and Coke' night. I'm excited.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks. Is there a place we can download code 1.05? Now that Stern has update 1.10, the old 1.05 seems gone from the site.

Old code is still out there:

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters-1_05.spk

#117 7 years ago

Maybe it's just me but the magna slings seem more sensitive now and do more ghost things consistently also seems like I am getting ghosts a little quicker n.ow.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I just sold my ghost busters yesterday. Ha! Ha! Ed

That's why they call you "fast-Ed"?

#119 7 years ago

Took your with Dwight. He was a great tour guide, and concerned about bugs...he mentioned it will be fixed asap.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Thanks for the link!
Do you know if it's Pro code or Prem/LE?

looks like pro,
Here is prem/le

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters_le-1_05.spk

#122 7 years ago

I put 1.10 in last night before the local bi-weekly tournament. Scores in general weren't higher, but I think the average scores were certainly higher. It was very much a learning experience for everyone, so scores will likely move higher for everyone as we learn ways to be more efficient. The changes were very well received and some of the bugs were noticed easily, but nothing game breaking.

There was one instance where a player picked ESP mode and the game froze with 10 second on the clock. We waited and waited, and I was about to have to kill the game, but he decided to try to danger/tilt to see what happened. Got a danger and the mode ended and immediately shot the ball out.

I didn't put many games on, but did watch several. We came we saw happened a few times, scare happened once and I thought the game was broken. Somebody got to and finished Stay Puft. I didn't see any of that part, which is good because I haven't been there yet and want to see it when I do it.

I saved the 1.05 and wished I had 1.04 after 1.05 was out for a while. The extra ball issues were really frustrating customers and I would have put 1.04 back in for sure. I'm sure more (small) features are coming and bugs will be fixed, but last night people were having a lot of fun on a very tough game.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

spoiler : which is not as some others players will also do it soon
than, not really as stated in the txt file, the WIZARD MODE "we're ready to believe you" is in !!!
i've just made it
well, fun is back after a great game, but this will go down quickly, as again i'm not happy with this small update
the "no need to finish the mode" is way too easy for those with some skills, even with 3 balls (before i was playing with 5)
i've than played WARTBL, but dont ask me what must be done in there, its a multiball, i didnt watched the DMD
my son did, its was some TV animations with interferences, more later
and quite all of my point we're made in 1 good/long ball only : multiball SF + PKE + multiball MH + add-a-ball (which is now also too easy)

than, as the WIZARD MODE is done, i dont believe we will have lots of others updates, and thats not a good news actually
Dwight please, make me being wrong...

Too easy for those with skills, or too easy for those with long flippers, a center post and whatever other creations are out there?

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I thought it was loud too, but also know that everyone in the rink turned to look at the chuckleheads playing the Ghostbusters pinball machine.

Quoted from kpg:

This code is so buggy!

Get a danger and it will eject the ball and go back to playing. I guess just don't pick that mode until it's fixed.

#126 7 years ago

Wow! Thank you. Downloading now.

Old code is still out there:
(link removed from post)

#127 7 years ago

I backed SD card up and fortunately was able to easily restore my game back. I like the new features but I'll wait for the bugs to work themselves out in the next release. I really like the direction the game is headed though!

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Took your with Dwight. He was a great tour guide, and concerned about bugs...he mentioned it will be fixed asap.

Any chance we might have an option to disable reverse flippers, I'm sick of losing every ball when it starts and when it finishes. I thought I'd like mhmb but I don't the way it is.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Any chance we might have an option to disable reverse flippers, I'm sick of losing every ball when it starts and when it finishes. I thought I'd like mhmb but I don't the way it is.

Hit the captive ball and it reverts back to normal. When MH starts that is the first thing I try to do.

#130 7 years ago

Scare thing is stupid after you hear it the first time, disabled it last night. Probably good for a location game maybe... but annoying after the first time since the volume control doesn't affect the loud voice even late at night when playing it.

#131 7 years ago

Wow this game is great I liked it even on the old code. I find the more I play it the better I get. I think this game stands out among any other recent pins as one of the best. If it is given the love and attention it deserves I could see this as a classic for years to come. I can see how it would be hard for those that are new to pinball or on location. In a home use environment I can't get enough. It's like iron man but better you just want to keep playing.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Wow this game is great I liked it even on the old code. I find the more I play it the better I get. I think this game stands out among any other recent pins as one of the best. If it is given the love and attention it deserves I could see this as a classic for years to come. I can see how it would be hard for those that are new to pinball or on location. In a home use environment I can't get enough. It's like iron man but better you just want to keep playing.

Ya I love this game. I can't get very far, but every few games I see something new! Gonna load the new code on this weekend and try it!

#133 7 years ago

I played for over an hour last night (6 or 7 games) and still didnt get the scare feature going. checked in the settings and it says its turned on. is it that rare to happen, is there just pattern to make it happen that we haven't figured out yet? my wife is terrified when shes playing now because she knows it might be coming at any time!

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I played for over an hour last night (6 or 7 games) and still didnt get the scare feature going. checked in the settings and it says its turned on. is it that rare to happen, is there just pattern to make it happen that we haven't figured out yet? my wife is terrified when shes playing now because she knows it might be coming at any time!

I've only seen it once. It's loud as hell. I will leave it off but when I have large groups/parties, turn it back on.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I played about 30-40 games before i saw it the first time

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Too easy for those with skills, or too easy for those with long flippers, a center post and whatever other creations are out there?

well, as a player point of view, for sure the carrot flippers did gave a little help, but its still quite open there in the middle than you still need some skills too and the outlanes are still eating balls...

again, more a personal feeling on how evbd wants to play it
as said on another post, i have removed the time out mode, now seems i get it just i love it

edit : as said from time already, also removed (do i the only one ?) the bracket at the right exit of the bumpers, in the right lane, that means that all balls caming back from there are dangerous (with the bracket, its 100% safe)

#137 7 years ago

Worth switching or wait for the next update?

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Worth switching or wait for the next update?

Yeah I'm also wondering....

#139 7 years ago

not really needeed for now
the real ask is : will we have a next update !?

#140 7 years ago

Wow. So I make my Saturday morning coffee and decide to play a game of Ghostbusters. Playing with headphones on because the whole house isn't up. One sip of coffee and not quite awake yet, the ball goes in the right scoop, goes black and SCARES the crap out of me!!!!!! My son was freaked out by it but very cool. It's so random it totally works. Really cool Dwight.

Beware: It will use the speakers even if you are using the headphones only.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Playing with headphones on

Where do you plug in headphones? Is this on the stock game, or did you mod it to add a headphone jack?

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from jasino313:

Where do you plug in headphones? Is this on the stock game, or did you mod it to add a headphone jack?

There is a headphone jack in the backbox. Also there is separate headphone volume control in the settings of the game.

You can just run a 3.5 male to female extension from the backbox (maybe out the mesh in the bottom of cab) and plug in from there. Some have wired the extension to the tourney button slot. That's the free / cheap option.

I prefer the cleaner option with added external headphone and volume control. Pinnovators headphone jack / headphone volume / games volume control where the DBA plate used to be in the coin door. $100. Totally worth it to me.

IMG_0047 (resized).JPGIMG_0047 (resized).JPG

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow. So I make my Saturday morning coffee and decide to play a game of Ghostbusters. Playing with headphones on because the whole house isn't up. One sip of coffee and not quite awake yet, the ball goes in the right scoop, goes black and SCARES the crap out of me!!!!!! My son was freaked out by it but very cool. It's so random it totally works. Really cool Dwight.
Beware: It will use the speakers even if you are using the headphones only.

I know you downvoted my post regarding the scare mode criticism, but after 2-3 times of it doing the loud scream it gets old and you will want to disable it. I think the scream volume should be relevant to the volume level that you have set on the machine.

#144 7 years ago

Posted a video of the new code concentrating on melting the stay pufft man - code has some bugs, yes, but easier to see more of the game than the last version.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

In chatting with Dwight, I'll mention it
if I see him today.
Otherwise, he is reading this thread.
If, in a constructive way, we share our
Thoughts, code ideas, etc, I now know they
are being read, discussed, and considered.
Just that the more people who comment,
The more weight it will carry.
Dwight, Jerry, and staff working on GB code,
have to be some of the nicest guys in the Pinball hobby, enjoying expo with all of us.
I'd give him the shirt off my back, and hope that what I don't know, will allow them to polish the code to a mirror shine.
I'm here, but I miss playing my GB, and getting my daily fix.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In chatting with Dwight, I'll mention it
if I see him today.
Otherwise, he is reading this thread.
If, in a constructive way, we share our
Thoughts, code ideas, etc, I now know they
are being read, discussed, and considered.
Just that the more people who comment,
The more weight it will carry.
Dwight, Jerry, and staff working on GB code,
have to be some of the nicest guys in the Pinball hobby, enjoying expo with all of us.
I'd give him the shirt off my back, and hope that what I don't know, will allow them to polish the code to a mirror shine.
I'm here, but I miss playing my GB, and getting my daily fix.

I'd love the ability to disable the reverse flippers. As it stands, I pretty much just tell everyone who plays it to just hit both flippers the whole time which is dumb. I'd much prefer the mode to require you to aim for lit shots, versus mindlessly flipping both at the same time like a 4 year old kid. He doesn't need to remove the mode, but just give the option for the people who prefer it off. Seems simple enough to add in code.

#147 7 years ago

I like how,
OldPinGuy types, it is like
reading
poetry

#148 7 years ago

ok, about flip inversion on MASS HYSTERIA, already noticed, and as a recall would be nice if we get 3 (not 2) options in the menu :

- no flipper inversion at all
- full flipper inversion during all the mode (my preference)
- off & on as now, factory setting

and another small bug, just noticed 1 minute ago : new game, score is 0, and the skillshot in the right lane was "10% of your score", instead of "starting scene"

#149 7 years ago

Any video of the scare feature? My dad has issues with jump scares and I don't want to freak him out too much. Sounds like a fun gimmick on location.

#150 7 years ago

I like the update, makes it seem more of a continued game from ball to ball, more fun really. The scare feature is ok, should be a little shorter but would be funny seing someone react to it! And the cross the streams is ok to still getting used to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.