IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_2673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_2903 (resized).JPG
IMG_2902 (resized).JPG
hi_gb (resized).JPG
IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 7 years ago

Yes I think the default should be one tick harder. Maybe the modes are just lit to start after ball drain rather than auto continue.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes I think the default should be one tick harder. Maybe the modes are just lit to start after ball drain rather than auto continue.

I think that may be good.

I would alos like more explanation of what the new settings actually are supposed to do. It is not really clear.

#53 7 years ago

On Le, I had more than 40 ghosts, but negative reinforcement didn't go on, not even when the mode I was playing, was finished. After I lost my ball and got my next ball it went on.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed. I like the fact that we have been given options, but I don't want to be forced into replaying an unfinished mode on my next ball, be nice to have a choice.

My thoughts:
1) Make the "time out mode" option disabled by default. Feels like a cheat mode to me.

2) If you start a mode, but didn't complete, that mode should be lit to re-start (with progression saved), along with the other standard skillshot options.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

2) If you start a mode, but didn't complete, that mode should be lit to re-start (with progression saved), along with the other standard skillshot options.

this is a really nice idea for an intermediate.

Basically adds a skillshot possibility and more decisions on ball 2.

-go for top lanes
-go for current mode and keep progressing
-bail on current mode and go for new mode

I would expect the original mode to hold progression so you could still go back to it on the next mode choice.

Would be cool also so that on ball 3 you could possibly have 2 modes in mid stream and still select the third ladder to start a new mode.
You could really bail out a bad game on ball 3 then.

This would help level out the game feeling like it all build off ball 1 (currently it is hard to come back from a crappy first ball)

#56 7 years ago

So I unbox mine in the morning. What's the concencus? Update or not? I'm thinking on waiting

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not to mention, they need more experienced eyes that can help to tell them the bugs (there are LOTs of little ones but nothing big or a show stopper in order to play)

I ran into a big one with the new video mode. I think my ball would have ended if I had not increased the ball saver timeout on the right saucer kickout. The kickout delays are annoying too.

Rob

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we know Jody. Thanks for the reminder.

Not too bright, are you?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

So Captain_Kirk = Air_Pinball = Jody?
» YouTube video

Nope.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Not too bright, are you?

It was a joke.

I mean it is obvious you either work for them or want people to think you work for them. Either one is sad since you are hiding on a pinball internet forum. I am not sure which is sadder TBT.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was a joke.
I mean it is obvious you either work for them or want people to think you work for them. Either one is sad since you are hiding on a pinball internet forum. I am not sure which is sadder TBT.

I don't work for Stern. I don't want people to think I work for Stern.

The only thing that's sad here is your pathetic attempts to stir up trouble.

Perhaps some counseling is in order for you? Hopefully, your insurance pays for it.

#62 7 years ago

My official consensus is that this 1.10 should not have been released like this, way too many bugs, Slimer doesnt register proper hits anymore, and its just way too buggy now.

Reverting back to 1.05 as I type this now. 6 months of no updates, and then this is released? Crazy

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My official consensus is that this 1.10 should not have been released like this, way too many bugs, Slimer doesnt register proper hits anymore, and its just way too buggy now.
Reverting back to 1.05 as I type this now. 6 months of no updates, and then this is released? Crazy

You've been slimed!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am tempted to go back to 1.05 as well. As long as it works with the node boards which were updated also. I would maybe ask Stern first before going back to 1.05. I don't have a problem with Slimer, but the new bugs are unwelcome when many of the old ones aren't even fixed yet. I don't want to sound critical of Dwight or whoever did this update, but why did we need another video mode? And then kludge it in with the ESP video mode? Why not have the video mode have more of an effect on the game play rather than just random points. Like ESP for example could award certain bonuses for other features as well as points.. Then it actually is worth playing! Plus award the new mode differently, like a random award from tobin perhaps? That way you don't break the continuity of the playfield inserts to feature matrix.

Rob

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am tempted to go back to 1.05 as well. As long as it works with the node boards which were updated also. I would maybe ask Stern first before going back to 1.05.

You bring up a good point. I can see some people reverting to 1.05, then having even more issues because the node firmware has been updated and expects 1.10.

Said "reverters" will then continue to bash Stern for their problems.

#66 7 years ago

I had the flickering "e" also. I downgraded to 1.05 to make sure it wasn't a node board taking a dump. And the problem went away. I upgraded back up to 1.10 and it hasn't flickered since. Really weird, but im glad it went away.

Brian

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Like ESP for example could award certain bonuses for other features as well as points.

That's a good idea. It's always with the points in video modes. Give game progression as reward.

#68 7 years ago

So what does the scare feature do and how do you get to it?

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If there are bugs I'm confident Dwight will fix them fast. He's solid like that.

Not sure about that.

Last update to ST was 18 months ago and mode bugs / shots not awarding seemed to be known immediately ... albeit, realising that the 2nd and 3rd wizards were bugged (3rd fatally) seems a bit more recent.

#70 7 years ago

This is my first Spike based game. Is there a way to backup the current firmware so I can update, try it and roll back to 1.05 if it isn't to my liking?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You bring up a good point. I can see some people reverting to 1.05, then having even more issues because the node firmware has been updated and expects 1.10.
Said "reverters" will then continue to bash Stern for their problems.

Why do you even comment here if you do not own GB?

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I'm curious about this, too. I heard the game lets out a really loud scream, but is it during game play or attract mode?

#73 7 years ago

So if you turn off the time out mode option, the game plays almost like the old version?

Personally I'd prefer not being able to time out (the progress saved, like the current code), but instead you can select the modes (rather than ladders).

Timing out will make the game way too easy. We'll need to have 2 high score categories - time out/no time out.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

It scares the crap out of you. And you don't get to it. It gets to you.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I had the flickering "e" also. I downgraded to 1.05 to make sure it wasn't a node board taking a dump. And the problem went away. I upgraded back up to 1.10 and it hasn't flickered since. Really weird, but im glad it went away.
Brian

I never saw the E flicker on my game. Someone mentioned in another thread (with video proof) that pressing the left flipper button before the video mode starts will auto start ESP and then the game gets stuck at that point. Perhaps something similar (right button?) caused my game to show 'score: 67' and then drain the ball out of the saucer (dead flippers).

I'm thinking an update comes out pretty quick to fix these bugs as they are pretty major.

Rob

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It scares the crap out of you. And you don't get to it. It gets to you.

Man has heart attack playing pinball..... :O

Rob

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure about that.
Last update to ST was 18 months ago and mode bugs / shots not awarding seemed to be known immediately ... albeit, realising that the 2nd and 3rd wizards were bugged (3rd fatally) seems a bit more recent.

Aurich is referring to Dwight's 1.6.1 patch for Star Trek that came out a week after 1.6, which fixed a few bugs.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why do you even comment here if you do not own GB?

I have a Premium on order. I have skin in Ghostbusters.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Man has heart attack playing pinball..... :O
Rob

Seriously, I'm not the best with scares and shit like that. It f#cked me up. It's done pretty well.

#80 7 years ago

My slimer plays exactly the same as before the code update. Not sure why some are having issues, while others are not. Strange.

#81 7 years ago

ok, I'm not a big fan of the update either. I got to we came we saw a little too fast and thought it could be too easy, also as Jar said I think, the voices were too low, settings change will fix that. so I will probably change the settings back. I still don't like reverse flippers on mhmb and would love the option to turn that off. The timer beeps were better the way they were and I think the new video mode needs more sound effects especially at the end. I would love to see a slimmer multi ball and generally some new sound effects. As someone else said i would also love for scoleri bros to be disabled during looping supers. And WOW air balls everywhere when they weren't there before, I felt like I was going to break everything, this is where games like star trek and spiderman are way better in the sense that they are smooth as butter.

#82 7 years ago

New code update doesn't fix my shitty playfield either!!

IMG_2902 (resized).JPGIMG_2902 (resized).JPG

#83 7 years ago

Put mylar down and the cliffy protector.

#84 7 years ago

It's not that there is a pause between the sound and the flasher, for the kickout/ saucer, it's that there are sometimes two Sounds playing where there only should be one. I guess they added a different Soundeffect for certain occasions without turning the other one of.

So, basically:

Sound1 -> Sound 2+Flasher -> Kickout
-or-
Sound1+Flasher -> Sound 2 -> Kickout

Instead of:
Sound+Flasher -> Kickout

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's not that there is a pause between the sound and the flasher, for the kickout/ saucer, it's that there are sometimes two Sounds playing where there only should be one. I guess they added a different Soundeffect for certain occasions without turning the other one of.
So, basically:
Sound1 -> Sound 2+Flasher -> Kickout
-or-
Sound1+Flasher -> Sound 2 -> Kickout
Instead of:
Sound+Flasher -> Kickout

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Way too many obvious bugs that were not checked before releasing this code.

#86 7 years ago

For me, the Scare happened when I shot the ball in to the left scoop (Extra Ball Shot?!). The game sort of went dead for a second... I thought it had bricked... all of the sudden the Screen filled with a scary face and a horrific scream!!! It actually scared me! Pretty fun feature. The scream was really loud too!

#87 7 years ago

that sounds pretty cool. how often does that happen?

Can anyone confirm if there are new sound clips from the movie/callouts? If not, I'm not sure the scream is enough to deal with the bugs.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that sounds pretty cool. how often does that happen?
Can anyone confirm if there are new sound clips from the movie/callouts? If not, I'm not sure the scream is enough to deal with the bugs.

I heard some new callouts but I've only had the game less than a week so maybe they're just new to me.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

ok, I'm not a big fan of the update either. I got to we came we saw a little too fast and thought it could be too easy, also as Jar said I think, the voices were too low, settings change will fix that. so I will probably change the settings back. I still don't like reverse flippers on mhmb and would love the option to turn that off. The timer beeps were better the way they were and I think the new video mode needs more sound effects especially at the end. I would love to see a slimmer multi ball and generally some new sound effects. As someone else said i would also love for scoleri bros to be disabled during looping supers. And WOW air balls everywhere when they weren't there before, I felt like I was going to break everything, this is where games like star trek and spiderman are way better in the sense that they are smooth as butter.

Yup, I have noticed a big increase in the airballs on my game. Why can't we get a flipper power adjustment in these games? Or the ability to adjust power on all coils individually? I don't even feel like playing my game now (until I made a ramp guard) because it's airball city off the left ramp now. The flippers feel about 20% overpowered now...

Rob

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Aurich is referring to Dwight's 1.6.1 patch for Star Trek that came out a week after 1.6, which fixed a few bugs.

I'm hoping it's the same with this update. I am surprised Stern hasn't pulled this update because of the bugs. But, even aside from the bugs, the seemingly increased flipper power is pissing me off.

Rob

#91 7 years ago

Yep flipper power is higher now, more airballs for sure.

#92 7 years ago

Played a few games. Only difference I could tell were

Modes continue
Add a ball lit when multiballs start.

Two things I was asking for. 2 down 15 to go.

#93 7 years ago

I like the nice new colorfull light shows on this update, and they fixed the annoying unfinished sounding warning sounds. Callouts sound better too, but I still have to tone down the treble -- way to shrill originally. Still no fix for the some of the basic typography though.

It strangely seems to have reduced the power of the left ejector. I liked having it set high, with a little shim inside the saucer to lean the ball over a little so on eject it goes straight and solid to the right flipper. That feels a lot better than a wilted low power eject setting dribbling it safely to the left flipper. Now, at max, it only makes it to the tip of the right flipper. Just barely good enough, but I liked it better before. I also noticed some more power on the flippers, and hit a line drive up to the air ball protector. Will need watch that...

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You must work for Stern in how often you jump to their defense. Good job helping advance the pinball hobby with your snark.

Or I think it's just super ridiculous to complain that game A didn't get updated when they just released an update for game B. The fact that any update came out is good.

#95 7 years ago

Played a few more games with the new code tonight and loving the pin more than ever. No doubt the game is easier to progress through the ladders/modes but it's such a blast and less frustrating than being stranded in 'mode-hell' lol.
I didn't find there was a big difference with Slimer registering and the flickering 'E' stopped flickering- strange.
The Scare Feature is pretty cool and very random it seems- if you haven't seen it yet, it will give you a bit of a jolt.
There seems to be no shortage of haters for this game but IMO this table is a blast- with the old or newly updated code.

#96 7 years ago

Can someone describe the new G H O S T target rule? Are GHO and S lit at the start of each ball?

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Can someone describe the new G H O S T target rule? Are GHO and S lit at the start of each ball?

It's adjustable. Easy has it one hit away, hard has it as it used to be.

Edit: Not sure where medium puts it.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

All are lit, you just need to hit the target once for Slimer to drop down now.

#99 7 years ago

How do you downgrade after the 1.10 update? Is it under Reset > Factory? or do you need to have 1.05 on a flash drive?

Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

How do you downgrade after the 1.10 update? Is it under Reset > Factory? or do you need to have 1.05 on a flash drive?

You would need 1.05 on a flash drive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 103.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 350 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-code-110-ghostbusters/page/2?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.