7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#958 8 years ago

I think ep 197 was good, but uncomfortable. You can hear the apprehension in Nate's voice before he asks questions. You could feel him thinking "is this question going to make him hang up?". And he did ask many good questions, he was just never going to get a straight answer. After each answer you could hear Nate sigh as he realizes how far off track John can take his ramblings.

ep 198 (first half) This one should not have been needed. I wonder how much email this poor guy got. But worth it because now we get wonder what "falling on his sword" means to John. Maybe he feels he did it during that interview. That admitting he could have done better and spent the money was bringing his ego down enough to be considered and act of attrition.

Funny, Nate was making it from Norwalk CT and that is where I work and was listening to it.

1 week later
#1028 8 years ago

Nate is a dude, right?

#1030 8 years ago

When Josh talks about the feeling of the 90's Wms games I loved it. While he was talking about the Séance Mode / sounds, dots and knocker I could hear and feel it. Like I always tell people about the classics, they just have such heart and personality.

3 weeks later
#1107 8 years ago

Yes, but can Roger show us it is not a gambling device?

1 week later
#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Started listening (at episode 1) shortly after playing in a foursome at Mad Rollin Pinball (late august 2015) with Nate (and Eric and Mike). Just finished #204 today. Now what do i do? im not used to having to wait to hear the next episode...

Go back to the early ones. Like where he say EM games are the Bees Knees and this new fangled Solid State stuff will never catch on.

2 weeks later
#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Can you just call ed robertson every week? Call it the robertson report

Why? So he can say things like he would take a Mustang over and 2 Classic Bally/Williams games?

#1174 8 years ago

He completely misses what Josh has said about heart and feeling in a game.

Oh surprise you have a Mustang.

#1177 8 years ago

Josh gave a great example of couple of episodes ago. He talked about Séance Mode in The Addams Family. How the eerie music kicks in, you hear Gomez prompt to shoot the ramps "Knock Three Times" and as you shoot them the knocker goes off. The DMD, game play, music, voices just everything comes together to make you feel what you are doing as you play the mode. And as you play you know what to expect and want more.

Not just some empty "shoot the ramp get points" mode.

I'm paraphrasing from memory. But anyone who "Gets It" knows.

#1179 8 years ago

Creech dropped you into the drive-in. White Water got your heart pumping when you hit Wet Willie's Cabin. Indiana Jones relived classic scenes from the movies we loved. Scared Stiff and Monster Bash were pretty simple games but every shot carried fun and humor. You got sucked into the game and wanted more. Not all, but enough to make the Bally/Williams days the classics.

1 month later
#1231 8 years ago

Oh, and don't forget you were accused of letting Jpop off the hook.

Edit: I mean too easy on him, not off the hook. Personally I like giving people rope and letting them do the work.

#1255 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I guess I should listen to the new episode. Can't really fault the guy for taking in a sponsor and not bad mouth them.

What do you mean "listen to the episode". You are supposed to give your comments and accuse people of thing first. Get the facts later.

#1331 8 years ago

Funny how everyone thinks about their own pocket book but the get mad when Stern thinks about its own, it is human nature. But Stern wants to stay in business, its not about this one machine its also about the next. Yes, they can sell more cheaper. So they can sell 700 machines at $5K but only 500 machines at $7K. It is the same money but the end result is a market with either 200 people who did buy a machine and less likely to buy the next or 200 people who passed this time around, still have their $ and may go for the next title. They are staying in business with a product that can handle a limited saturation and new companies trying to get in and cut into those dollars.

1 week later
#1407 8 years ago

We need Nate to answer a Poll question.

Do you think of kaneda's Podcast as:

1) Competition that need to be stomped out

2) More talk is always for the betterment of Pinball

3) Who the #$%^ is kaneda?

No Nate, you don't have to answer. We know you will take the high road. (I have not head it yet)

Nate, great show. Aurich, you passion is showing.

#1427 8 years ago

Hey Nate, is this thread for the C2C video discussions also? Well the thread does say one thread for all of the shows -

I just watched your EP1 of Pinball with the Pros and would like to tell you how much I enjoyed it. Then make my obligatory wise cracks because that is what we do.

Keith was great. Looks like he was having a Sam Adams, my beer of choice while playing also. Learned a lot and it was a pretty cool format. Looking forward to more.

But enough being nice. You know how they say you play better when you play with better people? Well I guess the opposite is true also. If Keith loses his next competition I blame you. You could actually see him lose his skills as you guys played.

Just kidding, obviously. Couple of spots where camera focusing was iffy but the overall screen setup was nice. And I like the text descriptions on the left to help clarify what was being said. You could hit pause, read and think without having to try and go back and re-listen to what was said. Very helpful and sinks in better that way. What a good advertisement for ColorDMD without even trying. Anyone going back to their machine and seeing the stock red after that will be disappointed.

I have an AC/DC Pro and watching this video made me happy with my choice. It looks like 99% of the game play and strategies would be the same. Lower playfield and cross over ramp don't really seem to come into play much. But there is so much to learn on that game it is crazy.

Looking forward to more. Can you at least give us a spoiler of guests and games coming up? Bowen can be funny as heck in his PAPA videos [I just watched Jack-Bot and recommend] so I can't wait to see how his one man show translates with you as the straight man.

It is just like you wanted, something cool and good for pinball. Thanks for doing this - Dave

#1435 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

The text is the key part I think.. also the most time consuming.

Worth it for a game so complex. This will become required viewing for the game.

Quoted from C2CPinball:

AND... I do win a couple games in season 1. @!#% YEAH!

So do you start betting mare then $1 I wouldn't

Quoted from C2CPinball:

Also... Elwin just won INDISC. He's all set.

I watched. Some of the game choices are confusing. And it made me sad I let a friend take my Torpedo Alley a dozen years ago. Glad you didn't ruin him

Quoted from keithrh76:

Not sure the technical term, but when the Pros are calling the shot/mode setup, can you draw on the screen like the sportscasters do during football games when showing you the play setup. Might be involved or require special equipment, but would help me, even during live events when people are describing the shots the player is setting up. Also, what do you think about "Coast to Pros"? Maybe too close to "Coast to Ghost".

They did a little of this at INDISC. It was helpful because they didn't over use. When live you don't have time to detail, just give and idea. Also they were smart enough to realize not only this but what it on screen does not always display the same for viewers.

The use of LEDs these days is freaking out the cameras. So unless you already know the game you have no idea what is going on compared to standing there without epilepsy kicking in. Nate doing an "after" rather than live might be able to take advantage of this. But this would also stress his time to an all new level.

His verbal Podcasts are one thing and did take effort. This is a whole new level of time and effort. I'm sure he appreciates the comments, compliments and constructive criticisms. But damn, we are getting a lot more than we paid for.

This is a herculean effort and I hope he gets the support to take this wherever he wants. Obviously the podcast was successful and he going to the next level. Keep going Nate. Hope to see you at The Sanctum when you're back East. (you don't need quarters)

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

um... so what is it for those that aren't in this century...

This century is only starting its 16th year -

4 weeks later
#1488 8 years ago

Sorry about your cat. Only a pet owner gets how it does affect you.

Good choices on background music this time. Starting with a Creech tune and the going to Diner for little ditties throughout was great.

1 week later
#1497 8 years ago

Bump

#1501 8 years ago

I still have not gotten a chance to play GoT and listening to the love is killing me. Do you play Pro / Prem or both? Any large preference?

Yes, the Bowen video on Jackbot beat you to the Papa video collection. You sat on it too long. You need to move these out faster

Waiting for Pinball with the Pros 3.

2 weeks later
#1521 8 years ago

Are you not advertising the Pinball wit the Pros here? Just watched the ST Pro vid. Once again a great watch.

1 week later
#1532 8 years ago

Oh heck yes. The mic issues sucked but still my favorite podcast.

#1538 8 years ago

Great podcast. Steve Bowden is so excited about pinball his energy rubs off. I just wish he would come to The Sanctum some time other than the "24 Hour Battle". Old men like me won't even attempt that (my dog would kill me).

The quick tips on games are great. It is nice to have a an idea of what to do on games you are not familiar with, but also awesome to find a different way to play a game you thought you did know.

#1540 8 years ago

I'm insulted. You think only a person in their 20's can take a good selfie? Sorry, I'm older and wiser. My solution is to just make sure you have a good picture of yourself. Like one with a hat that makes you look cool. This makes it easier to line up all of the elements for a good picture. You, the score and even (on the far right) the flyer on the backglass saying this is a selfie game this month.

SelfieSolution_(resized).jpgSelfieSolution_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1542 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

There's some discussion of C2C referenced in the Kaneda Podcast thread starting around post #1256. It may be overlooked because, well, it's associated with THAT thread. Some constructive criticism and some positive reviews.
I'm still a dedicated listener, however some of the shine has been lost since the tourney talk took over. Here's to 200 more episodes...and maybe a couple more "Going Up/Going Down" segments for those that have little interest I competitive pinball.

The "other" does what he wants, whining and pointing fingers. Not needed here. Notice the lack of drama here (until now, see how it follows). Nate has taken his shows in the direction he wants. Some people do care about how tournaments work. People new to league play want to learn to maximize scores on games. If all these shows were the same it would be boring. If he feels it isn't working he can change. I would much rather watch Nate play AC/DC with Keith Elwin or listen to Bowen tell me tips on Jac-Bot then hear someone complain about the price someone put on a pin.

3 weeks later
#1634 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I can confirm that I will not be playing bagpipes (with or without distortion pedals), in the Barenaked Ladies.

Notice the weasel wording by getting specific and the band name. Still leaves a lot of bag-piping options on the table.

#1646 7 years ago

Time to start a Nate Shivers speculation thread.

2 weeks later
#1714 7 years ago

I'm just glad Nate's C2C thread about "HIS" podcast finally got back to talking about him and his podcast.

2 months later
#1843 7 years ago

You post these at strange hours and it rolled off the first page before I saw it. Thanks as always.

Oh, launching the ball to a risky shot and finding out the Ball Save is off is being "Saviorless".

You are praying "oh please, please, please", but your savior is not listening.

3 weeks later
#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Great show Nate!
Now... About selling your games... Storage!

Na, if he sells them maybe he will finally go and buy that Dr. Who he always wanted.

Also, maybe he can up the price by getting someone famous to sign them, like Theresa.

1 month later
#1982 7 years ago

Great show Theresa! You were good also Nate.

But here is the big question. The name of the show is Coast 2 Coast. I thought that was because you were bouncing between East and West coast USA. With this move does the name remain? Isn't it more of a Fjord 2 Fjord?

#1986 7 years ago

I don't know. Never been out there. How about C2C (Canal 2 Canal) lot of those right?

#1988 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dike2Dike since he'll be in Nethetlands?
Nah - better not.

C2C - Coffehouse 2 Coffeehouse?

#1992 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I would encourage everyone to look at a map of The Netherlands. You should find a coast there somewhere.

I didn't when I was in school so why would I now?

Besides, I thought it is next to Germany. So wouldn't it be "Coast 2 Germany"? That's a pretty bad idea Nate. You should have thought of the global implications in the beginning. At least you got it right with that other show. You know the one you should be working on now.

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Fjord to Fjord? Is he moving to Norway?
It's ok to be pining for the fjords, though

Got to love a good Dead Parrot sketch reference from Monty Python!!!!

Quoted from TaylorVA:

how about Wide World of Pinball?

That was my reference to the other show he should be working on.

I just wonder if Nate is rolling his eyes about these stupid conversations or realizes we are just bumping the thread.

3 weeks later
#2008 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Coast 2 Coast Pinball Episode 231
-Pinball Expo 2016
-Highlights of major news
-Not Live from Thailand
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-231_898811

Correct link

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-231_89881

With all of the conversation on Expo how come this is the first I have heard that Gary addressed the Ghosting issues at Expo? Thank you Nate. People get so crazy about the new stuff they forget about everything else. I'm just not sure how you can call Batman 66 as polished since no one knows anything about playing. Feel of shots and code are what make it polished. Sure it look great, but it is the prices that have everyone's heads spinning.

2 months later
#2030 7 years ago

So funny. When Josh is talking my girlfriend's cat wants to attack the speakers. I'm not being mean in any way. She really does start getting playful and bats at them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.