7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I'm going to disagree with this episode being so great. I thought they.... more Ben than Charlie were disrespectful to Nate & we're somewhat annoying. I don't want to put words in Nate's mouth but it really seemed like he wasn't that thrilled with them at times during the episode.

Meh. Some people are simply not good with names. I know, because I'm one of those people. Ben is obviously one, too. Besides, Nate's a big boy. I don't think his feelings were hurt. No harm no foul.

I thought it was a great episode. The way Charlie and Ben riff off each other (on both business and personal issues) is amazing, informative, and hilarious. I lost count of the number of times that I laughed out loud or nodded my head in agreement at the things that Charlie and Ben said during their interview.

IMHO, Spooky Pinball is really doing things right. They're making a great product, they're open and honest with others, they're participating in the community, they're listening to feedback, and they're treating their customers with respect. And I applaud anyone that gives the voices behind this great little company a microphone so they can be heard, because I think their thoughts, words, and actions are good for the community.

Thank you, Nate, for another wonderful podcast!

2 months later
#500 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I was contacted months ago by a local NPR affiliate about doing a piece on the show and the surging popularity of pinball. I answered some questions, but never heard back. They possibly ran something.

What? Not even a free coffee mug, tote bag, or pair of sandals in thanks?!?

2 weeks later
#525 8 years ago

Nate, you should have named Episode 167 the Jerry Maguire episode. The "Help me help you" context of that proposal was surreal...

2 weeks later
#574 8 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Nate you could possibly be on the edge of pinball burnout.To be honest I am not that interested in what josh sharpe has to say on a regular basis regarding pinball.Cheers

Rather than projecting your burnout onto Nate, just own it and be proud of it.

2 months later
#690 8 years ago

Separate or equal? Pick one.

#701 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I just wanted to mention the two things that really bummed me out about the interview.
Using a phrase like " I think it's the most disgusting idea anyone has ever had" is hyperbolic and makes it harder to hear your message, which again, I think is very important.
Using human kindness as an example of something that is inappropriate or wrong is...... I don't know what the word is but it makes it hard to empathize with you even though I understand your point. Having a stranger offer to help you fix your tire, regardless of your gender..... is something we can use more of in our society, not less. You may not appreciate kind acts by strangers but that doesn't mean all kind acts are fueled out of a desire to make you feel lesser than.

I agree.

1 month later
#944 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think people are missing the point. Nate wanted to show the real JPOP to the world. Sure some of you have heard it before, but for most, they've never talked to John or understood how so many people could have been misled for so many years. Now it's crystal clear.
What stood out for me the most was how hard it was for Nate to even finish a question. It's like John would catch a word or two and then go on a huge tangent about something. And that's John. He loves to talk and talk about this stuff.
I've talked to John a bunch of times and I just can't get one question out of my head: WHY would you ever commit to building entire machines for people when you have no expertise doing this? He knew it took a huge team around him to complete pins and yet took tons of money to do it all by himself. I guess I can't relate to this type of blind arrogance (and I'm a pretty arrogant dude at times).

For the record, is this your personal view as kaneda, or your professional view as ZidwarePR?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here?tu=razorbak86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.