7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Agree with everything you said. I just wonder that the reaction would be if someone were to hold a male only pinball tourney

False equivalency.

Look, I believe men and women are equal...hell, I'd go so far to say women are superior - however, you have to take into account that the daily experience of being a woman is so incredibly different than what we as men go through every day. Constantly stared at, catcalled, preyed upon, victims of violence or living with fear of becoming a victim of violence. These are things I've never felt as a man...but it happens every day to women. So, guys - don't be so defensive about things like women's leagues...have some empathy. Imagine what it's like to live a day as a woman, you'd understand why women's leagues are a great thing and has nothing to do with segregation or being anti-man.

This article is an example of what women go through every day:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/20/sexual-harassment-women-curfew?CMP=fb_gu

Daily accounts of sexism:
https://twitter.com/everydaysexism

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This.. I watch stalker (tv show) and the statistics are interesting:
(1 in 6 women will be stalked, only 1 in 19 men will)
(1 in 6 women will be raped or attempted to be raped in their lifetime, men only 1 in 33)
Not that I'm comparing heckling, or being sexist to much more serious crimes, but if we're comparing genders, even a weak threat on a message board could raise flags for some people.

Louie C.K.:
“How do women still go out with guys, when you consider that there is no greater threat to women than men? We’re the number one threat to women! Globally and historically, we’re the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. ... You know what [men's] number one threat is? Heart disease.”

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

No, it's an agenda against male sexual desire and the things heterosexual males for the most part find attractive.

You're still allowed to find women attractive. Just don't be a scary creep about it.

1 year later
#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't listen to the interview, I'll be honest, I didn't even know Nate was doing the podcast again.
Was the context about how it's what on the playfield that matters, and not up on the LCD screen? What's the under glass reference about?

It goes all the way back to his P2k development. Jpop wanted a giant monitor backglass (like JJP) , Gomez fought for the hologram style monitor to keep P2K all pinball and not another hybrid mess like Baby Pac-Man.

George is right - pinball is pinball and pinball is what's under the glass. There's a reason Sterns red Dmd games like ACDC, Metallica, Ghostbusters etc are selling like hot cakes even when the competition has color displays....the score display doesn't matter, the GAME does. That being said, it's time for Dmd to go for the sake of being modern. George said that color display will be cool and informative/enjoyable for onlookers, but will essentially be what the display has always been - for scores, info, and animation....but pinball will always be about pinball

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

When games were 4-4500 for NIB the focus and BOM should have been focused under the glass. With the price point that Stern asked for GBLE it's laughable they didn't even create colored dots for that game. Spooky on their second title did something Stern never did in their entire time creating DMD games. The worst part of the art package on GB is the freaking lousy looking DMD.

There's a location near me that has RZ and GB side by side, and I never thought I'd say this but - I'll take GB's red dots over Spooky's Color display if their games are going to look as shitty as that. The display itself was very washed out, and the animation was created in such a low, blocky resolution - it looks like an Atari 2600 with a dot filter over it. Give me GB's nicely animated scenes in red over that garbage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.