7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#867 8 years ago

Theresa's reaction was great. I have been defending this game most of the week and I am a huge SR and GOT fan. She really seemed to nail a few key things. Why is the dragon over the Castle? Where is the wall? Lots of cool stuff happend in Kings landing, including a major battle. Why not use that?

Good episode.

3 weeks later
#974 8 years ago

I liked the interview. Thanks Nate.

I have a rhetorical question for JPop buyers that purchased only after meeting him or seeing one of his presentations. What were you thinking? That interview says so much between the words. The big take home message for me, as a potential customer, was "Run Away!!!!!!"

#1026 8 years ago

Congrats on 200

Five fast thoughts

1. This is my favorite and probably the best pinball podcast. Some of my previous favorites have lost my interest.
2. I look forward to new episodes.
3. It feels like an extension of Pinside.
4. I like the tournament coverage even though I don't usually compete.
5. The coin box is my 2nd favorite. Those guys are funny.

2 months later
#1321 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I agree with Nate on this whole thing, but hey, I could be wrong. (can someone at Stern please PM me for my address to send me a check?
If Stern was selling life saving medicine I might get more upset about it, but it's a toy. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter all that much. Life is too short to get upset over the cost of a pinball machine. Enjoy the blessings you have and be positive...you'll have a much better life that way.
I don't think Nate takes himself a fraction as seriously as some on here do. He brings a level head, logic, a strong sense of the business of manufacturing, and most importantly, a passion for pinball. I've listened to the podcast since the early days and I believe he's always called it as he sees it and been consistent and fair in that. He's a great voice for pinball and I'm grateful he does what he does.
I think that his opinions generate so much discussion and differences of opinion is awesome and fun. However, a lot of people on here really can't seem to disagree without getting personal and spiteful. It seems they channel whatever anger, bitterness, frustration they have onto others all the time. I would love for Pinside to be a place where we could respectfully agree or disagree and enjoy good discussion on pinball.
None of us really know the books, as was pointed out earlier on the thread. It's all speculation. It could be that Stern is just creeping the prices north to see how the market will react. Maybe they're trying to find the ceiling on what we'll pay. Like Aurich said, I wish it was 5,800 too. Maybe he's right and it should be 5,800 and Stern will alienate their customer base. If it doesn't sell, I think Stern will adjust.
I think Stern does listen to feedback from customers and I think delivering that feedback in a constructive way, whether it's art or price or whatever is great and could potentially lead to changes.

Yep. I agree totally.

#1330 8 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

HEY! I play out in the wild. $500 is 20 plays once a week for 25 weeks. That's half a year! Don't forget about us location players!

You actually make a pretty good argument not to buy if you have good location pinball close to you.

I don't.

1 week later
#1419 8 years ago

Great interview. Thanks for sharing your story as it relates to Alien.

1 month later
#1520 8 years ago

Good show. Thanks as always.

1 month later
#1590 8 years ago

I cut my grass to C2C and it's just getting warm here...

Seriously though. I look forward to the return. Thanks for the lead on Tilt Through.

2 weeks later
#1665 7 years ago

I was hoping it would be another version of pinball related media. None the less, C2C had a great run and I really enjoyed it.

Another example: TOPcast is no more, but that show has an amazing archive of information and interviews.

3 weeks later
#1767 7 years ago

Glad to see you back Nate. I really enjoy C2C in its standard setup. I felt like the change over time was part of the growth of the show. Not being personal etc here, but you sure hint and tease a lot about things you say shouldn't be mentioned yet. Why not just not mention it?

I'm not sure the WWP is my thing, but I will definitely give it a few episodes. After all, it's summer and pinball podcasts are my listening material when I mow the grass. I have a big yard!

+1 on Frank F... I mean Msch.

Chris

1 month later
#1833 7 years ago

I enjoyed the episode. Bottom line for me: you are a good story teller. Once again I cut my grass yesterday hearing your show (and a few others).

Despite my skepticism, I've given WWP a chance and like it.

Thanks for the content.

1 month later
#1896 7 years ago

I find George Gomez to be a particularly interesting interview subject. He's a very good story teller, IMHO.

I'm looking forward to listening to this one tomorrow.

#1908 7 years ago

Agree Frolic. I think it turns out that the amount of disposable income to buy any NIB pinball machine is at a level where the buyer wants commercial grade high end equipment. Also, they couldn't seem to price the cheap versions like "the pin" low enough. It needed to be below $1000, IMO, for someone to buy it as a one off toy for the family. I guess the low production numbers made that impossible.

#1912 7 years ago

Just finished enjoying the show on my lawnmower.

Two things:
1. I could listen to George Gomez talk to about multivitamins. Great interview. Seriously though, I'm much more excited about the product after listening to him describe it and the development ideas. 90% of the "what if.." Pinside doomsday speculation was rebuffed by Gomez and Dankberg. I hope it's a huge success.

2. Criticism is fair Nate and you take it like a pro. To not mention the ongoing issues at all, or at not least mention that you inquired pre-interview and were given that answer doesn't seem to follow your normally higher standard. At least it appeared that way to me. If I only listened to your podcast and didn't see your comments here, it would seem a little odd comparing your thoughts last show to not even mentioning it in this show. Especially considering who was being interviewed.

Thanks as always for providing an excellent podcast! I think I broke several major grammar rules in paragraph 2.

Chris

#1915 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is a great idea.
I have been wasting all that good pinball listening time riding around all summer with no headphones.

My personal rec:

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00X9KV0HU/ref=sr_1_1

Then standard safety ear muffs over that.

It ain't pretty and it's expensive, but I hear it clear as a bell. I'm all about ear protection. Before I upgraded to noise cancelling, I was listening at a pretty high volume.

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

More than half my collection doesn't even have a DMD, so I'm obviously not a snob about displays being the only way to have a good game. But if you don't think LCD screens give you the ability to do new things with pinball you have no imagination.

I see both sides. All animations get repetitive. The Full Throttle large LCD is nice, but doesn't add much to the gameplay. I think the first time I play Alien in a dark room will be amazing. After a while, I will focus much more on the gameplay.

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think George was merely stressing that what's under the glass is THE MOST important thing.
Batman66 has me really excited. I'm stoked to see what Stern does with the display. It's a KILLER theme.
Bottom line. Gomez+Sheats+New Display+Batman66= Yes Sir, I'm very interested.

Great job AS ALWAYS Nate. Thanks for all the time you put in to C2C. You make it sound easy, but the quality of C2C speaks for itself. It's like a professional radio show for F's sake. You really do a stellar job!

I'll second this stuff.

2 weeks later
#2005 7 years ago

Totally agree about the application. Even for things I really enjoy, I would not do that. I won't apply to spend fifteen thousand dollars. I would certainly apply to win a fifteen thousand dollar game.

9 months later
#2098 6 years ago

Thumbs up. Perfect timing for me to enjoy while mowing! My favorite time for podcast listening.

1 year later
#2248 4 years ago

5 Fast Reflections on C2C.

1. I enjoyed the journey of you going from new to pinball to pinball ambassador.

2. Well done from a listening experience perspective. I don’t know the technical points of podcasting, but I know quality when I hear it.

3. You were critical when appropriate, but generally positive and nice.

4. When a regular production, I looked forward to each new showing up on my phone.

5. Your show will be missed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here?tu=nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.