7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#365 9 years ago

Great podcast. Keep them coming.

3 weeks later
#467 9 years ago

These podcasts are awesome. Thanks Nate!

2 months later
#571 8 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Nate you could possibly be on the edge of pinball burnout.To be honest I am not that interested in what josh sharpe has to say on a regular basis regarding pinball.Cheers

Nate stated he was going to do a show with Josh each month on one of his podcasts (I believe the first Josh Sharpe podcast). Nate is interested in the tournament scene. If you are uninterested in these shows, simply don't listen.

2 months later
#691 8 years ago

Can't we all just get along!

#694 8 years ago

I started listening to the podcast but only listened to the first 10-15 minutes. Nothing bothersome so far.

#708 8 years ago

I shower every day.

#755 8 years ago

So anyways......has anyone heard Nate's new segment 10/20/30/40/50?

1 week later
#797 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Nate I absolutely love your show and I've been catching up on recent episodes that I missed when I was laid up having surgery/recovering but I have to take umbrage with something you said that really irked me in one of those.
I forget what # episode but you mentioned how you "stole" peoples photos and used them for various things, presumably on your website. Your defense was "I don't make money at this, I'm sorry". Well as a photographer I want to tell you that I'M SORRY, but whether or not you make money at what you are doing DOES NOT make you exempt from any licensing fees and financial responsibility you incur from using someone else's work without permission.
I've had my work stolen and I've had to chase down plenty of people to collect money they owed me for using my work and I've also had to get sites taken down for the same reason. You can bet the farm if you or anyone used my photos without permission I don't care how much you don't make at this, I'm going to come after you for my licensing fee and the fee plus damages if I have to get the legal system involved. Also in your case I'm pretty sure you do make a little bit of money considering you are selling t-shirts well above cost so your defense isn't even an honest one. In the case of using people's work, it is NOT better to ask for forgiveness instead of asking permission.
You didn't steal any of my work so you are free of my wrath in that aspect but the reason I am writing all of this is to try to get you to see it from the other side and think about your actions. Your "I don't make money at this" defense is used by EVERYBODY who steals other people's images and further disrespects and devalues what people like I do to make part of their living. I don't think you'd like it if someone took something you worked on and used it in any way without asking, especially if that work helps put food on your table. It really rubbed me the wrong way hearing you say that and made me lose some respect for you. You are better than that Nate! Maybe a bunch of pinball enthusiasts who took some pictures of games may not mind having their photos used somewhere but that is something you need to find out beforehand. Never assume that it's ok because you are just a hobbyist and you aren't making money at it.
I hope this makes you think about it from the other side moving forward and this bump in the road aside, keep up the good work on the podcast.

So I am not a photographer. How would anyone know if we stole your work? Are your photos on a website? I am really curious as this copyright stuff interests me.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg

I just think mxv is sending Nate a message that it is not okay to take other people's photos and doesn't want him to get "bit in the arse" by someone.

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Sorry...I thought this was pretty funny

better_yet.jpgThrones.jpgHobbit.jpg

With the amount of light board issues WOZ has it's keeping me from ordering a Hobbit, that and there is no production time table.

Game of thrones looks interesting to me. I hope they will have a premium at expo to play so I can decide if I want one.

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They finally worked out a solid solution on WOZ (just took several tries) -- but The Hobbit has a completely re-done lighting system.

Considering ordering a Hobbit but don't want to pay and play the waiting game.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

better off doing the 'wait to play' game.
I see no reason to get on TH at this point. If anything we saw with WOZ that waiting till delivery happens and then ordering possibly meant you went to the fornt of the line. Current estimate is fall produciton start which tells me we should all get to play a near/early produciton game at expo (alongside GOTprem and GOTpro). I see zero advantage in ordering any of these in advance. Play, then pay.
side note: I also plan to put extensive time on FullT to see if it is better than last year and worth a shot.

I played the game at ReplayFx for the first time. I really enjoyed it. I liked the pop toys, the game played well to me. It felt open until those toys start popping up. Multiball was a lot of fun. With 30+ modes I think it will be very entertaining. I just don't want to sit and wait for years like I did for WOZ.

GoT - code sounds like it will be fun but I really want to try before I buy. The reel pops sound interesting, video mode, choices of houses and how they effect gameplay. Want to see the Premium art as well for the cab.

4 weeks later
#1039 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I don't think Men & Women are equal when it comes to playing Pinball:
1) Men are taller which gives them a better perspective/view of the playfield.
2) Men are stronger which allows them to nudge/slide save better.
My first group at Pinburgh I played with the #1 ranked female in the world Helena Walter. I would say she is taller and stronger then the average female.
My close pinball buddy is ranked in top 16 womens ranking and ive watched her play for many hours. Ive been able to make nudges/move games around to save balls where she is simply unable to. Her primary success comes from knowing the rules, accuracy in shot making and being able to control her nerves.

Ian disagrees with you.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1041 8 years ago

He's not my boy and his Dad has not received their premium yet.

1 week later
#1053 8 years ago

Terrible news. Hope everything will be okay Nate.

1 month later
#1184 8 years ago

Wow 208 is out all ready. Have to go listen. Thanks Nate.

1 week later
#1193 8 years ago

Great podcast as usual. You sold me again on another Spooky game.

3 weeks later
#1229 8 years ago

Nate I think you just convinced me.....you need to buy that Dr Who for $3k in CA.

#1243 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Should I pwn you? Look at the thread about the new spider man. *drops mic*

Should I own You?
Should I pawn you?

WTF?

#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Pwn is internet lingo as old as the Internet. Maybe you should "goggle it"

"Pwn is a leetspeak slang term derived from the verb own, as meaning to appropriate or to conquer to gain ownership. The term implies domination or humiliation of a rival, used primarily in the Internet-based video game culture to taunt an opponent who has just been soundly defeated (e.g., "You just got pwned!")."

Wow. Sounds like some from Idiocracy

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Emotes are posts that require the dexterity of pushing a button. What are you trying to say, sweetheart?

You got pwned!

#1301 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Actually Mustang is currently unusable in any major tournament due to a major bug smassa found.

What is the issue Keith? Curious as I haven't heard anything.

2 weeks later
#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice! what game did you play?

No spoilers.

#1447 8 years ago

Question for Nate: is it really awkward to record with the flipper camera right in front of you when you play?

3 months later
#1662 7 years ago

Nate is joining the band phISH

2 weeks later
#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe Nate's going to bring competitive pinball to the masses.

Pepper Brooks is my Favorite announcer. Nate Shivers would be my second favorite.

1 week later
#1745 7 years ago

Glad to see Nate back and with Josh & Steve. Can't wait to give it a listen.

#1759 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Nice move. End your (over-rated imo) highly successful podcast, to start a podcast 10 people will care about. Can you not come up with an original name for a show? PASS..

You sound like a cheerful guy.

1 week later
#1794 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

So if a format is set that the best player there always wins, what's the point of having a competition? The result is already predetermined.

The best player doesn't always win. That's why you play the game.

You play to win the game! Let me let Herm Edwards explain it to you. lol

#1796 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I was using Football World Cup, can't bring myself to refer to it as the S word, as a base for a tournament format.
8 groups of 4 teams/people where each plays each other once
Top 2 go through from each group - seeded
Then the 16 is reduced to 8, then 4 then 2 finally producing a winner after 7 games.
Everything is constant throughout the tournament , in that, each game is 90mins, or a head to head between 2 players. No 30 minutes games or anything like that.
That is a format for a competition with 32 people which can easily be finished in an afternoon with just 8 machines available.
That is the exact format which is used in one of the comps in the UK. Which earns a massive 4.76 points for the winner in V5, the exact same value as finishing 176th in the EPC last year.

So you start with 32 people and play head to head until 1 remains if I am understanding correctly?

3 weeks later
#1826 7 years ago

Always great to hear Nate on a long pinball journey. Glad C2C is back.

2 years later
#2249 4 years ago

End of era. Still in my eyes the best pinball podcast. Glad to see something else is on the horizon.
Hope to see you at Pinburgh. Take care Nate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.