Topic Stats

• 2,288 posts
  • 322 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by C2CPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 308 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
IMG-2023 (resized).JPG
IMG-1864 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG-0990 (resized).jpg
BCC67040-B819-41A8-B34D-D59FEF1BAEB2 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 7.52.28 AM (resized).png
IMG_0938 (resized).jpg
48611 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (6) (resized).jpg
5D6AB88E-C930-4875-9931-778C6A8B6B1A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 5 years ago

Nate, how long until you get your new game? (Not spoiling it for those that haven't listened.)

7 months later
#309 4 years ago

Likely the two best C2CPinball episodes yet.. one round of proper journalism, then a really good interview.

You did say 'so... yeah' at least twice in the last 3-4 episodes, though

2 months later
#349 4 years ago

Before listening I'm kinda sad--I feel like Doug, Jon, and Mark each deserve an ep.

5 months later
#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think it's sad that someone's first thought over another person holding a door open, changing a tire, or trying to be a generally decent person is that they're in some way belittling you. I agree with what Smassa says, our society needs more of that, not less.

The issue isn't 'being nice to women', it's 'being nice to only women'. Guys that hold doors open for women, but not men. Guys that stop to help a woman change a tire, but not a dude (and often won't take no for an answer).

Another everyday example: wine at a restaurant with a decent wine list. A girl I used to date was really up on wine, and I'm not. I'd get handed the wine list, and pass it to her. She would chat with the waiter or sommelier about the wine, and choose a bottle. And then the bottle would turn up and get shown to me. I'd point at her to check if it. Then they would still pour me a taste to make sure it was up to snuff, and I'd have to pass the glass to her as well.

The entire time we dated (three years?) I think exactly one place caught on that she was the wine person, not me.

Don't stop being nice to women. That's not the point. Just stop being sexist about it: if you're going to hold a door open for a woman, hold it open for a guy in the same position.

2 months later
#1128 4 years ago

machines that haven't been available before are typically in short supply, but this is to some extent what PAPA does.

Other problems with driving the bus:
1. It's tedious to watch. I'd much rather watch nine different games than three games chosen three rounds in a row by the #1 seed.
2. It leads to a very particular kind of game being chosen over-and-over again (namely, ones that Elwin likes): very controllable games get picked, centaur does not.
3. It doesn't measure your ability to play 'games' well, just 'game'.
4. Why does #1 get to pick all the games (PAPA-style)? The Euros seem to like 1,2, & 3 each picking one. The Pinburgh style of picking a bank also allows for more variety than the PAPA system.
5. Expo-style head-to-head has player A pick the same game in every round, and player B pick the same game in every round. It's much less likely that those games are close...
6. Another pick-a-game format that I've seen is that someone picks games--but that player can't pick the same game twice. Leads to strategic picks (Fred is bad at AFM) rather than 'this is the game I've been playing all day'.

4 months later
#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Thanks Nate and all the best as you move forward. It will take time to stop checking for a new episode every morning as part of my daily routine. You are one of the few positive voices out there and I've really appreciated your take on all the various aspects of the hobby.

If you listen to other podcasts, subscribe to his podcast feed, so if something does turn up, you'll get it. If you don't, get a newsfeed reader and subscribe to his (podcast) feed on there, which also works. You can take everything you check (or wished you checked) on a daily basis, chuck it in the reader, and it works great. I couldn't live without RSS.

(I use feedly.com, but there's a variety of services out there. I know people that swear by "paper", for instance.)

@Nate: We'll miss you, man!

#1570 3 years ago

I'm tempted to start the 'wild speculation about Nate's news' thread just to see what the grapevine turns up. Can I still buy a T-shirt?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside