7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.
#2001 7 years ago

Fjord to Fjord? Is he moving to Norway?

It's ok to be pining for the fjords, though

#2002 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Fjord to Fjord? Is he moving to Norway?
It's ok to be pining for the fjords, though

Got to love a good Dead Parrot sketch reference from Monty Python!!!!

Quoted from TaylorVA:

how about Wide World of Pinball?

That was my reference to the other show he should be working on.

I just wonder if Nate is rolling his eyes about these stupid conversations or realizes we are just bumping the thread.

#2003 7 years ago

So, are you planning the super deluxe limited anniversary edition for before or after Expo? Where do I get the application to listen? . (Fingers crossed for before with an expo edition after that).

#2004 7 years ago

How about Weed 2 Wenches? Kidding aside, I hope the move goes well for you Nate!

#2005 7 years ago

Totally agree about the application. Even for things I really enjoy, I would not do that. I won't apply to spend fifteen thousand dollars. I would certainly apply to win a fifteen thousand dollar game.

3 weeks later
#2006 7 years ago

Coast 2 Coast Pinball Episode 231
-Pinball Expo 2016
-Highlights of major news
-Not Live from Thailand

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-231_89881

Image-1 (resized).pngImage-1 (resized).png

#2008 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Coast 2 Coast Pinball Episode 231
-Pinball Expo 2016
-Highlights of major news
-Not Live from Thailand
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-231_898811

Correct link

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-231_89881

With all of the conversation on Expo how come this is the first I have heard that Gary addressed the Ghosting issues at Expo? Thank you Nate. People get so crazy about the new stuff they forget about everything else. I'm just not sure how you can call Batman 66 as polished since no one knows anything about playing. Feel of shots and code are what make it polished. Sure it look great, but it is the prices that have everyone's heads spinning.

#2009 7 years ago

Sweet! Been looking forward to this one, can't wait to give it a listen. Thanks Nate!

#2010 7 years ago

Thank you Nate for taking time out of your crazy schedule to provide us with another great show. Please keep them coming when time permits.

#2011 7 years ago

Fun show. Wish you had been at Expo.

I can promise that your review of the revealed games would likely be quite different if you were there. Pinside has gone bonkers while sitting at home while the rest of us were at Expo playing and seeing them first hand.

In general your review of the games is in opposition to the general vibe at Expo from those that experienced it first hand.

I am just guessing your view would be dramatically different if you had been there. As you know Opinions are swayed by experiences so I look forward to hearing your updated opinion once you get some time on DI and experience it for yourself.

Most noteworthy is that there is a whole story for DI and a pretty cool little comic to set the plot line.

Also worth note that the vibe on BM66 seemed to be 50% in favor and 50% seeing it as all cheap gimmick junk. I personally see it as extremely stripped back. I cant really give it a fair shake since it was not flippable and only running attract mode. Was not much to experience so it could be fun, but the Art is the weakest of the hand drawn stuff to date. A friend described it a a Unicorn puked up skittles. The foil look on the SLE was a neat effect.

Alien you are pretty spot on with the vibe of those at the show. Game is great and can only go up from here.

#2012 7 years ago

But also sometimes a perspective from outside of the show excitement can be valuable too. I think all the hype and excitement of a big show like that can also sway opinions one way or another. For the few things that Jack misstepped on, one thing he really nailed was having 5 fully playable games running through the whole show. To me thats a heck of a statement and a masterful move.

As someone who didn't go and maybe unfortunately happened to have free time on my hands to get wrapped up in the pinside hype (had a real extra nasty cold going), I appriciate Nates opinion considering he's probably been too busy to get wrapped up in the hype either way.

All I know for sure is that I REALLY want to play JJP#3 (also in the name dislike camp)...

#2013 7 years ago

Great to see a new Coast2Coast episode and it was interesting to hear Nate's opinion on the name "Dialed In". I wonder what feedback JJP received about the name at the show. It certainly seems to be unpopular on Pinside, but a lot of people are dropping the name into sentences and making jokes using the name so it has that going for it. I also think that part of the thinking behind the name was that they wanted to have a name that reflected the bluetooth capability of the game. A name like "Quantum City", for example, doesn't do that.

#2014 7 years ago

it's not officially Pinball Expo until i get to hear Nate's take on it.
Thanks Nate, can't wait to listen.

#2015 7 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the Alien video Nate mentioned?

#2016 7 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

Does anyone have a link to the Alien video Nate mentioned?

#2017 7 years ago

Thanks!

#2018 7 years ago

Great eps from Nate, but I think that it is a pity to hear of yet another "Stern acting like spoiled children" happening.

Edit: Nate took the whole thing with dignity and offered a truce. Shows great attitude and tact (something that Stern does not deserve)

First the pinball news (who have done so much for pinball and Stern over the years) ban from the Stern party and now a close friend of them, (Nate) that almost started to work for them and have given them so much positive feedback in the past, are given the cold shoulder.
These people have not been talking crap about Stern, they merely questioned the insane Super LE deal.(we all did) That is their job. They report and comment, but they both did it with respect and tact.

Then you have the Gary Stern walk out of the room, when JJP shows their pin, and the suddenly announced stern pizza party when they found out that JJP was having another seminar on Friday. Who has another party the day after their own big party, out of the blue? Have Stern ever given away free pizza like that before? It is so obvious and petty of them.

If these things keep up, it will come back to hurt the company.

Their company policies have already been questioned before, with their Facebook police state and their talking down the competition history.

I remember there was an article about pinball and the growing interest in the hobby a while ago that was focusing on Stern, where the intervjuer, when asking about JJP, just got a short comment that they do not talk about those who should be behind bars (or something similar. It happened around the time of the lawsuit against JJP) It shocked me that they did not get a bigger reaction after that (maybe it was something they said off the record, but still)

Just to be clear here, I have bought and enjoyed many Stern titles and plan to buy more, so I have no agenda here.

It is childish behavior and I really hope they change their tune......soon. Maybe hire a new PR manager?

Edit: Sorry to clog your thread with this long ramble, Nate. I should have started a new thread instead.

#2019 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

talking down the competition history

Yea, like Jody Dankberg making statements like this:
"We probably do 99.9 percent of the games shipped. That's not an industry, it's a monopoly."
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/11/13240766/stern-pinball-photo-essay-tour

So let's do the math on that (nate loves to). Let's say stern builds 10k... let's even say 20k. .1% would be 20 games. I'm pretty sure Jersey jack, Heighway and spooky combined build more than 20 pins a year. It's probably closer to 1,000 pins.

So let's reverse the math then. If the competition builds 1,000 pins a year, and Stern builds 99.9% of the market, then that means Stern builds 990,000 pins a year.. Almost 10 times more than every pinball manufacturer in 1992 built. That would mean 19,038 pins a week, or 3800 pinballs per day. That's twice as many units as Ford builds F-series vehicles.

#2020 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"We probably do 99.9 percent of the games shipped. That's not an industry, it's a monopoly."
So let's do the math on that (nate loves to). Let's say stern builds 10k... let's even say 20k. .1% would be 20 games. I'm pretty sure Jersey jack, Heighway and spooky combined build more than 20 pins a year. It's probably closer to 1,000 pins.
So let's reverse the math then. If the competition builds 1,000 pins a year, and Stern builds 99.9% of the market, then that means Stern builds 990,000 pins a year.. Almost 10 times more than every pinball manufacturer in 1992 built. That would mean 19,038 pins a week, or 3800 pinballs per day. That's twice as many units as Ford builds F-series vehicles.

Perfect example. And I would guess that Stern sell somewhere between 5 - 8 000 max, in a good year. That leaves JJP, Dutch, Heighway, Spooky, etc with only 5-8 games combined, each year

1 week later
#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

why do you have to use logic with your argument? stern's numbers don't look nearly as impressive with logic

unfortunately, this is just another case of jody being jody. his enthusiasm for his company is in the right place, but his facts are far from correct

#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jack said on his Buffalo Pinball streamed tour that he does 300 games a month right now. Spooky is either 3-4 a day or week. They said in the Expo talk, but now I'm drawing a blank. Either way, Stern is not 99.9% of the market. They do have the biggest piece of the pie, but they are also throwing away sales with their attitude towards customers. As much as I want one, I swore off BM66 and will stick with it. Aerosmith might turn into a great machine as well, but as a knowledgeable customer, you have to do more than put out a good product, you have to be better than a chucklehead as well.

#2023 7 years ago

I can't download some of the old episodes to my phone. I use Podcast Addict. For example, I can still download episode 40 which has url

multidesigns-audio.s3.amazonaws.com/272-reno1979/6064508967.mp3

I get a download failure trying to download episode 41 and many more after that. The url is

www.podcastgarden.com/login/audio/272/Episode41mixed.mp3

So I guess there's a problem with the episodes hosted at the later server.

Does anyone else have a problem downloading these episodes?

#2024 7 years ago
Quoted from JohnS:

I can't download some of the old episodes to my phone. I use Podcast Addict. For example, I can still download episode 40 which has url
multidesigns-audio.s3.amazonaws.com/272-reno1979/6064508967.mp3
I get a download failure trying to download episode 41 and many more after that. The url is
http://www.podcastgarden.com/login/audio/272/Episode41mixed.mp3
So I guess there's a problem with the episodes hosted at the later server.
Does anyone else have a problem downloading these episodes?

Yeah, I was having difficulty managing those as well. Finally just downloaded the podcasts app (iPhone) and subscribed which is sweet since it downloads the latest episodes for me and I have them offline. Playing older ones: with the podcasts app I haven't had nearly as much of a problem but there do seem to be at least a few unavailable, episodes 1 & 2 for example.

#2025 7 years ago

I use an app (Podcast Addict) on Android to manage my podcasts. I was able to download episodes 41-54 just a few weeks ago. Now they fail to download. I tried refreshing the rss. Still fails. What changed recently to cause the failures?

1 month later
#2026 7 years ago

WWOP ep 5 - 12/30/16
-...and we're back.
-IFPA housekeeping
-Bowden is really good
-Dialed In chat

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/wwop-ep-5-123016_95307

FullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpg

#2027 7 years ago

Hooray!

#2028 7 years ago

'bout time

hope you and Teresa have settled in nicely

#2029 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

..and we're back.

I see you kept all your games. I hope work chipped in to pay for moving costs

#2030 7 years ago

So funny. When Josh is talking my girlfriend's cat wants to attack the speakers. I'm not being mean in any way. She really does start getting playful and bats at them.

#2031 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I see you kept all your games.

I think Nate talked about selling the Metallica in a past show,
and i bet he also let go of the Skylab and Bride of Pinbot.
He probably is just slow in updating his profile/collection list.

1 week later
#2032 7 years ago

Nate- do you realize that 75% of your podcast episodes are no longer accessible via iTunes? They all error...

#2033 7 years ago

I have emailed ITunes 4 times... no reply.

Apple software sucks. ITunes is garbage.

#2034 7 years ago

it is actually happening for multiple podcasts - your C2C, The Canadian Pinball Podcast and This Flippin Podcast so must be a issue at their end.......

screen-capture-5 (resized).pngscreen-capture-5 (resized).png

#2035 7 years ago

Why use iTunes anyway
As podcastgarden works fine.
Course, i do not have smart phone.

Nate: about time for a new C2C episode
or at least an update on your move
and adjustment to new environment.

#2036 7 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I have emailed ITunes 4 times... no reply.
Apple software sucks. ITunes is garbage.

Are there other podcast apps that still pull it in just fine?

Let's be honest, Nate... it's pretty much impossible to shop out a game without coast 2 coast in the background!

#2037 7 years ago

Nate: podcast garden switched their storage servers. Most of the podcasts hosted there are hosed because podcast garden apparently didn't update their links.

Try emailing podcast garden if you have time.

#2038 7 years ago

I have no issues.. I use gpodder to pull my podcasts from RSS feeds. I ditched itunes 3 years ago when I switched from iphone to android.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/podcast-rss.php?id=164

#2039 7 years ago

I pull mine via RSS and pocket casts. I have the issue. It's a host issue, not an apple issue. toyotaboy try pulling episode 1.

#2040 7 years ago

Pulled open the RSS. You can see that the older episodes were hosted on Amazon's AWS, and now podcast garden has their own storage servers or paid a little more money.

#2041 7 years ago

Will look into it. Still hate ITunes. I use Downcast and it's awesome.

#2042 7 years ago

All this chatter and no new episodes.... Tisk tisk

#2043 7 years ago

I'm still looking for some new Pinball With the Pro's episodes. Nate gives us crack and then makes us jones.LOL

#2044 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm still looking for some new Pinball With the Pro's episodes. Nate gives us crack and then makes us jones.LOL

Nate lost them in the move. Or something like that.

#2045 7 years ago

Yeah, iTunes blows but their Podcasts app is decent.

#2046 7 years ago

Why does everyone hate iTunes/podcast so much?

#2047 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Why does everyone hate iTunes/podcast so much?

If you're on a PC it sucks. It's a hog, you can't access your photos easily.. It's constantly updating. We had an issue at work where our QC CMM machine stopped working, they thought maybe a storm fried something. Nope, the latest itunes update corrupted system files on that computer, starting working again when they uninstalled itunes.

#2048 7 years ago

I don't like iTunes because they make it a PITA to find my music that I bought anymore. Now its all about selling you a subscription to radio or selling more music that I'm not interested in.

I do like the Apple podcast app though, simple and clean, does what its supposed to do, no frill no mess.

#2049 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Nate- do you realize that 75% of your podcast episodes are no longer accessible via iTunes? They all error...

Have you tried sticher? It's a free ap. I just checked their feed and they still have all of the c2c podcasts from episode 1 to current.

#2050 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Have you tried sticher? It's a free ap. I just checked their feed and they still have all of the c2c podcasts from episode 1 to current.

IMG_8550 (resized).PNGIMG_8550 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.