7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 47.
#1551 8 years ago

Well, that's a bummer(selfishly, for me), but I'm glad it's a result of positive things going on in your life. It feels like pinball is losing its official podcast; and while there's a lot of podcasts out there I don't think there are any that really come close to replacing what you do. Anyway, awesome job on the podcast and I'll be following your Pinball with the Pros series. Thanks for all the free entertainment!

#1552 8 years ago

Hoping the sabbatical is not too long.
Concentrating on playing pinball at PAPA will probably do your chances good.
cheers & good luck

#1553 8 years ago

Thanks Nate and all the best as you move forward. It will take time to stop checking for a new episode every morning as part of my daily routine. You are one of the few positive voices out there and I've really appreciated your take on all the various aspects of the hobby.

#1554 8 years ago

You're the best. competition talk is fine when it comes from someone that is a creditable source. It's not my favorite topic but will listen for the stories and opinions. Drain the Kaneda thread like I just did. That guys 15 minutes will die out soon.

#1555 8 years ago

Great job Nate. Thanks for the amazing episodes!!

#1556 8 years ago

Thank you for all you do/did/have done/will do Nate!

I for one always thought you kept a nice balance between news, interviews, trip reports and competitive pinball. I enjoyed and looked forward to every episode. So glad to hear that cool things are happening!

-Steve

#1557 8 years ago
Quoted from DrScoops:

Thanks Nate and all the best as you move forward. It will take time to stop checking for a new episode every morning as part of my daily routine. You are one of the few positive voices out there and I've really appreciated your take on all the various aspects of the hobby.

If you listen to other podcasts, subscribe to his podcast feed, so if something does turn up, you'll get it. If you don't, get a newsfeed reader and subscribe to his (podcast) feed on there, which also works. You can take everything you check (or wished you checked) on a daily basis, chuck it in the reader, and it works great. I couldn't live without RSS.

(I use feedly.com, but there's a variety of services out there. I know people that swear by "paper", for instance.)

@Nate: We'll miss you, man!

#1558 8 years ago

I've been listening since you posted an announcement for the first episode LATE one night back in 2013.
Looked forward to every show. Really hoping it's not a long pause in shows - but glad that there's good stuff going on in your world.

I kept looking for a PAPA wrapup show the past couple of days. C'mon Nate, just give us your thoughts on the weekend - record it into your phone and slap it on the net. THEN take some time off...

anyhow, thanks for all the great content and making my commutes fly by exactly 45 minutes each way.

#1559 8 years ago

My inbox blew up the past few days. That's what I get for being cryptic. I will have a quick epiosde out later to be just as cryptic and vague, but in a longer form with lots of vocal fry.

All is good. PAPA was awesome. Good things coming.

#1560 8 years ago

hope you give a quick recap on PAPA overall and how you did
in your next quick episode.

#1561 8 years ago

The PAPA finals is a story....but the fact that a man with Autism won the World Championship far eclipses the pinball aspect of it. That is a really cool human interest story. One that will probably shine much more light on pinball then if Keith or Bowen would have just won another one. I have a close friend with 2 Autistic children, and I have been sharing this with her.

So Nate, you can't choose the biggest tournament pinball story ever to stop podcasting......we all want to hear your take on it.

#1562 8 years ago

Both my kids are autistic, and they are in autism programs at their schools. I mentioned the doc to one of the teachers and she was really interested in the class seeing it. And this had nothing to do with me being a pinhead pushing the movie, I didn't even tell her about my "home arcade".

Robert's story is definitely going to reach a much wider audience, more than anything specifically pinball related.

#1563 8 years ago

Another dad with an autistic son here.
My oldest son Malcolm. He just turned 22 April 4th. He now is a better man than I will ever be.

Robert is an example for all of us that if you put your heart into something you love you can do great things.

#1564 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

My inbox blew up the past few days. That's what I get for being cryptic. I will have a quick epiosde out later to be just as cryptic and vague, but in a longer form with lots of vocal fry.
All is good. PAPA was awesome. Good things coming.

Awesome

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

The PAPA finals is a story....but the fact that a man with Autism won the World Championship far eclipses the pinball aspect of it. That is a really cool human interest story. One that will probably shine much more light on pinball then if Keith or Bowen would have just won another one. I have a close friend with 2 Autistic children, and I have been sharing this with her.
So Nate, you can't choose the biggest tournament pinball story ever to stop podcasting......we all want to hear your take on it.

No Question he will podcast this....Give him some time.

#1566 8 years ago

Nooooooooooo!!!!

Nate, I'm saddened -- as already mentioned, very selfishly -- by even a hiatus. But completely understand. As a fellow business traveler, I don't know how you found the energy during all those biz trips to record episode after episode.

Best of luck on the new endeavors!
And don't forget to come visit Austin soon.

#1567 8 years ago

Episode 224 "Until Next Time or Play More Pinball"
-Trip Report to PAPA 19
-The Final Episode of C2C as we know it.
-Thank you all so much for the support and coming along on the ride... More to come...

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-224-until-next-time-or-play-more-pinball_75937

224_(resized).jpg224_(resized).jpg

#1568 8 years ago

Thanks again Nate! Good luck in all the new things you are up to next!

#1569 8 years ago

Nate! I'm seriously gonna miss hearing you so often! I wouldn't be podcasting if it hadn't been for your show and excitement for pinball! Take care my friend! Much much respect to you!

#1570 8 years ago

I'm tempted to start the 'wild speculation about Nate's news' thread just to see what the grapevine turns up. Can I still buy a T-shirt?

#1571 8 years ago

Applause to Nate Shivers. Coast 2 Coast set the bar incredibly high... Truly awesome stuff. class act all the way.

#1572 8 years ago

Thanks so much for all the shows, really had a great time listening to C2C.

#1573 8 years ago

I'm so mad. You didn't say anything! You didn't answer any questions! When am I going to hear something??? Just kidding. Excited to hear your news in 3 weeks-ish. I've appreciated so much getting to explore a wide range of the various aspects of pinball during my commutes or weekend walks. Like 27dnast, "classy" is the word that comes to mind. You've stayed positive, above the fray, and focused on the best parts of this hobby. Congrats in advance on this new beginning. I only hope (selfishly) that it's something where we can continue to hear and see your contributions to and influence on the pinball world.

#1574 8 years ago

Thanks for all the shows Nate. Sorry to see you take a break, hope you will be able to continue in some way, shape or form.

#1575 8 years ago

Huge thanks Nate. Your show was the first I heard that did things just perfectly right. Shows always around the 1hr mark (no waffling and perfect for commute time), frequent updates, interesting guests, great production quality, and I personally loved the way things were headed with tournament coverage.

Will be sorry to see (hear?) you go, but I have high hopes that Jack Danger will pick up the baton. From what I heard of his first two shows it seems like a similar format.

#1576 8 years ago

Sounds like it's just a new show (not C2C) with a more competitive pinball angle. Guess we'll find out in three weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if it was on online video show on youtube or something. Possibly not the host or multiple hosts? Definitely Nate's not going away.

#1577 8 years ago

Maybe Nate is going to be working for one of the manufacturers?

#1578 8 years ago

I haven't followed this thread in a LONG time, but I figured I'd chime in and give my regards to Nate. I could feel the sands shifting, and as bummed as I am that I won't have any new C2C to listen to, I look forward for what's to come.

I suspect he's going to be getting involved with one of the current manufacturers - be it marketing, sales, social media relations, or something along those lines. Or hell - maybe he's getting involved with the "behind the scenes" stuff of competitive pinball.

#1579 8 years ago

Thanks for such a great show Nate. Coast2Coast was my favorite podcast and I'm going to miss it. Best of luck with whatever is next!

#1580 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Maybe Nate is going to be working for one of the manufacturers?

That's what I personally was reading into some of his comments but who knows. At any rate, sorry to see the podcast go

#1581 8 years ago

He will be back that's for sure and i'm sure it well be awesome whatever he has in mind.

#1582 8 years ago

Thanks heaps Nate, really enjoyed listening to all the shows, hope you do something again in the future.

#1583 8 years ago

Great episode and wrapup of the PAPA weekend. I was pretty bummed Josh didn't get the IFPA World Championship win as well. I've come to know and like the guy through your show. I was a fan of the evolution of your podcast, as we could tell you were excited about the competitive pinball scene and it carried over to us through C2C.

Looking forward to the next step. Is it "3-Weeks-Ish" yet??!

#1584 8 years ago

Thanks for all you've done for pinball, Nate! Can't wait to see what you do next!

#1585 8 years ago

Thank you, Nate. You are a voice of reason in pinball. No podcast is even in the same tier as yours. Hope to hear from you soon!

#1586 8 years ago

I'm really bummed that I won't be able to listen to my 2nd favorite podcast on my morning commute. I'm wondering if there are any "Bowen's Cheat Sheet" segments left. Those really helped me think about strategy, more so than the tutorials.

#1587 8 years ago

Nate you are a born communicator. Your passion and love for pinball are infectious, and I will truly miss your coast to coast pods, in the current format. I wish you all the best in life's adventure and hope only good things are heading your way. Thanks so much for sharing your time and energy with our little community, for over 200 episodes!!!

#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

The Final Episode of C2C as we know it.

Tell me it is just a belated april fools day joke?!?

#1589 8 years ago

Bummed, but excited! Nate you are the best. I have always looked forward to your next episode. Sounds like you are going to go full tilt into the competitive side of pinball. I sure hope so. That is what me and most of my pinball buddies are into the most. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck!

#1590 8 years ago

I cut my grass to C2C and it's just getting warm here...

Seriously though. I look forward to the return. Thanks for the lead on Tilt Through.

#1591 8 years ago

I listened during my commute. It can take quite a bit to lift my spirits that early in the morning, seeing a new episode in my feed did that.

Nate is simply a great podcaster. He has a great conversational tone, but was always talking about something, not just rambling or searching for things to say. You can tell he put a lot of care into producing the show.

I don't typically like interview shows.. I understand why some choose that for a format, it can't be easy to find something to talk about every single week. When Nate started bringing on guests I didn't even mind; he interacted with guests naturally, it didn't really feel like it was an interview, but just a good conversation you had a chance to sit in on.

I hope Nate continues to do something for viewers/listeners of pinball, whatever it may be (youtube, documentary, a different podcast). Purely my guess, but I think next he'll be a commentator for PAPA.

200+ episodes (that's 200+ hours of free entertainment), what a great accomplishment!. I feel like I owe Nate something.. maybe a beer?

#1592 8 years ago

Apparently I have not been keeping up with Pinside enough. I did not know C2C was coming to an end. Bummed, but happy for you as it sounds like you have something very cool coming along soon.

I am sure it has all been said above, but did want to say a sincere thank you for all of the energy, effort, time, passion you put into C2C. I really enjoyed it, and while I am definitely not a competitive player.... I am fairly certain it was C2C that got me to sign up for Pinburgh. So see you there.

#1593 8 years ago

Thanks for all the podcasts, the commentary, and your lack of quarters, Nate. I listened to every episode.

Here's hoping all the anti-competition feedback didn't get you down. I enjoyed learning about another aspect of pinball and I'm trying out my first tourney next month.

Looking forward to hearing about what's next. Although, I gotta say, I'm a little bummed we never got to work on some T-shirt art together.

I wish you only the best moving forward,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#1594 8 years ago

Going through C2C withdrawal.
Thanks again, Nate, for all the podcasts.

#1595 8 years ago

bout time for another podcast Nate!

Hook me up...

#1596 8 years ago

I was actually pretty sad listening to 224. Looking forward to the next chapter and chatting at events down the road. Take care, Bear Down.

#1597 7 years ago

Congratulations Nate!!! The baddest pinball Bag Piper I know.

HighWay to Haggis!!!!

Nate_(resized).pngNate_(resized).png

#1598 7 years ago

We are coming close to the three week time frame.
Any updates Nate?
Still looking at just a few more days or will it be extended longer?

#1599 7 years ago

I think he's a bit tied up in band practice.

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I think he's a bit tied up in band practice.

Wth are you talkin bout willis?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.