7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.
#751 8 years ago

Ep. 187 was tolerable (and decent) most of the way through and then she lost me at the "black lives matter" comment. You know they roasted a pig and wrote the officer's name on it? And then they ate it! WTF!

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Ep. 187 was tolerable (and decent) most of the way through and then she lost me at the "black lives matter" comment. You know they roasted a pig and wrote the officer's name on it? And then they ate it! WTF!

It's unfortunate that the pig incident, in your opinion, invalidates an entire movement spanning several years, dozens of protests, and millions(?) of people.

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

People eat pigs all the time. Some of them might have even had names. What people shouldn't do is murder innocent civilians.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from kayluh:

People eat pigs all the time. Some of them might have even had names. What people shouldn't do is murder innocent civilians.

It's the symbolism of the act.

#755 8 years ago

So anyways......has anyone heard Nate's new segment 10/20/30/40/50?

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So anyways......has anyone heard Nate's new segment 10/20/30/40/50?

The name is awkward. Should have called it "Decades" or something. /armchair podcaster

#757 8 years ago

I liked it better when it was Coast2CoastPinball instead of Coast2CoastPolitics.

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Should be called #BlackfaceLivesMatter

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/19/did-black-lives-matter-organiser-shaun-king-mislead-oprah-winfrey-by-pretending-to-be-biracial/

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I liked it better when it was Coast2CoastPinball instead of Coast2CoastPolitics.

I didn't get an overly political vibe either. Now pinball politics, yes, but I want more of it! It's a shame skype cut out at the most interesting moment(down to the syllable) of the episode. The BLM protest across the street incident was interesting to hear about, and the whole episode didn't even slant into that. It was just a story.

Kayluh's input on several matters was refreshing, and a departure from who you normally hear on pinball podcasts. In fact, I suggest listening to her pinball 'cast in addition to them.

As for Nate's segment, I'd call it "ten to fifty".

#760 8 years ago

I still like his "5 slow thoughts" segment best

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from kayluh:

I agree. Eric Holder should be prosecuted and thrown in jail for the rest of his life for obviously screwing up the investigation in ferguson and not seeing it the way the media did.

#762 8 years ago

I find it sad and pathetic that some here have to bring this to a pinball forum.
The lady stated her opinion.
Agree or disagree, but not here.

Nate is a good pinhead.
He does a great service for the community.
Pro or con, take it somewhere else. This is a pinball forum.

#763 8 years ago

...except that the author was profoundly wrong and once again embarrassed by his wildly inaccurate "reporting".
Remember kids, never do Breitbart. Not even once.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I find it sad and pathetic that some here have to bring this to a pinball forum.
The lady stated her opinion.
Agree or disagree, but not here.
Nate is a good pinhead.
He does a great service for the community.
Pro or con, take it somewhere else. This is a pinball forum.

This is a pinball forum built around discussion. Don't see how any of it is "sad & pathetic". I doubt she's losing any sleep cause some of us see things differently then her.

#765 8 years ago

I see things way differently than she does.

I come here for pinball. I listen to c2c for pinball.

No matter what anyone posts here it won't change her mind.

Now lets return to talking about pinball.

#766 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I see things way differently than she does.
I come here for pinball. I listen to c2c for pinball.
No matter what anyone posts here it won't change her mind.
Now lets return to talking about pinball.

Mr. Gone is right.

Our love of pinball brings us together here on Pinside. If we were to all openly discuss our personal beliefs we'd be quickly divided on Pinside and friendships would be torn apart. There's no point in talking politics/religion here since nobody is changing their mind here.
The woman discussed 10+ things in her interview, and you have a personal choice to discuss whatever parts you want, however I would assert that choosing to focus on the non-pinball-related ideas of the interview is wasted energy -- especially on this forum. You can make better choices.

-mof

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Mr. Gone is right.
Our love of pinball brings us together here on Pinside. If we were to all openly discuss our personal beliefs we'd be quickly divided on Pinside and friendships would be torn apart. There's no point in talking politics/religion here since nobody is changing their mind here.
The woman discussed 10+ things in her interview, and you have a personal choice to discuss whatever parts you want, however I would assert that choosing to focus on the non-pinball-related ideas of the interview is wasted energy -- especially on this forum. You can make better choices.
-mof

Well I can only speak for what I commented on and neither were political or religious. Nate himself said at least he got us talking about the issues. Since we all don't have podcasts this is the only place where we all can discuss what was discussed on THE PODCAST! It's not like we just started bringing up things that aren't related to the topics that were brought up on the show.

#768 8 years ago

I'll say one more thing before I'm done with the subject because, like most of you have said, this is a PINBALL forum. C2C is a pinball podcast and I can accept and understand the pinball related opinions. Even if I don't agree with them. Like Robertson's roasting of KISS. That's fine. I don't necessarily agree but...it's related to the subject. Sh!t, I didn't even mind Greet's opinion of Whoa Nelly. Though I wish they would have got into the fact that it, originally, was just a fun project for Dennis and Greg in Dennis's garage. Do you really think they thought it was going to end up a production game from Stern Pinball?

However, the above comment I mentioned from the interview just REALLY got under my skin. Why? For the exact reason that's been stated above. It had absolutely nothing to do with pinball and when I was listening to it on my way home from work... A career choice I made over 12 years ago that's been vilified for the past year as if police officers are some kind of evil persons hell bent on hunting down every minority as if they were the reasons for society's misery. Do you realize what the Ferguson incident has done to the future of law enforcement in this country? When I decided on this career for myself in the 90's, the future of policing candidates were college educated individuals like myself. For the foreseeable future...that is GONE. I know this from personal experience. One of my friend's son (a smart kid who's a senior in high school) was interested in this career. His guidance counselor was trying to talk him out of it. Not necessarily telling him that. Just the "are you sure you want to pursue this?" mentality. I see it where I work too with new hire's. Dumb. Angry. Easily provoked. Why would anyone with a college education want this job anymore?

The point of this was...I just wish I didn't listen to this episode. Really. I love C2C and have been listening since #1. F*ck, I listened to Jeff and Don before that, Rob and Steve before that, Clay and Norm before that....

Pinball is what I want to hear about on a pinball podcast. The lesson for me is to be more careful before listening to an interview in the future.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

The point of this was...I just wish I didn't listen to this episode. Really. I love C2C and have been listening since #1. F*ck, I listened to Jeff and Don before that, Rob and Steve before that, Clay and Norm before that....

Pinball is what I want to hear about on a pinball podcast. The lesson for me is to be more careful before listening to an interview in the future.

I guess trigger warnings next time.

#770 8 years ago

I am in the same boat as those who didn't really like episode 187. It's not worth going into details because there are so many polarizing points on it, but I will say that I did not like it nor did I like the direction that Kayla took some of the conversations. I was VERY close to turning it off.

That said, I'll be diving into 188 today and forgetting 187 ever happened and continue enjoying what Nate does.

#771 8 years ago

Episode 189 "Leave My Quarters In Brooklyn or If You Remake It They Will Come"
-Jackbar in NYC
-Color for MMr
-More Remakes or not?
-Bowen's Cheat Sheet on FUNHOUSE
-First Full Throttle Delivered

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-189-leave-my-quarters-in-brooklyn-or-if-you-remake-it-they-will-come_56510

189.jpg189.jpg

#772 8 years ago

Haven't we had Bowen on FH already? Or did I dream that?

#773 8 years ago

Oh no... did I really post one twice? Can someone else confirm? I thought I checked and double checked...

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Haven't we had Bowen on FH already? Or did I dream that?

I thought it sounded familiar, too. Not a confirmation here, merely another hunch.

#775 8 years ago

I was really paranoid about that, as I have swapped computers since my last Bowen segment, and looked back at the show notes and didn't see Funhouse... I am sure if it is a repeat someone will call me out. However, Bowen's tips are so on point, it probably deserves to be played twice!

#776 8 years ago

It was a repeat. I can't tell you what episode it was but I'm certain it was played before. No big deal either way.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I was really paranoid about that, as I have swapped computers since my last Bowen segment, and looked back at the show notes and didn't see Funhouse... I am sure if it is a repeat someone will call me out. However, Bowen's tips are so on point, it probably deserves to be played twice!

Nate, episode 175 @ 26:40

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/podcast-update-coast-2-coast-pinball-episode-175-reality-tv-check-or-my-favorite-woman/

YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballsupernova

Lee

#778 8 years ago

Like Skins said, no biggy, just thought I was losing it lol.

More Bowen please!!

#779 8 years ago

Where's our Friday night episode?
I can only refresh the O-din thread so many times.

#780 8 years ago

Not tonight, as I am busy with this, among others.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

image.jpg

Nice.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

W T F.
-mof

#783 8 years ago

Nice! Nothing like some quality time with WOOLY! Good luck to Coast2Ghost & the Mothra Twins in the Tourney.

#784 8 years ago

Episode 190 "Not Live From Mad Rollin Pinball 2015"
-Trip Report of Mad Rollin Pinball 2015 in Madison, WI
-Hilton Jones
-Ben Heck

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-190-not-live-from-mad-rollin-pinball_56889

190.jpg190.jpg

#785 8 years ago

Great show Nate. I enjoyed the play by play of the finals at mad Rollin. Keep em coming.

#786 8 years ago

Sounds like Ben's still taking about Bible Adventures any chance he gets.

#787 8 years ago

Great show Nate! You really summed up the Mad Rollin experience well. Was awesome watching Charlie and Bug beat Jason and Art on my machine (Dolly Patton). And I nearly shed a tear when they won and Bug jumped into his dad's arms! I hope to share experiences like that with my son when he is older. I'm glad we ended up in the same 4 pack and that I got to know you a little. I'm usually not much of a podcast listener but will make an effort to start listening on a regular basis.

#788 8 years ago

Episode 191 "More Dots Is More Awesome or PAPAtv Headed Back Your Way"
-MMr Color Animations Are Awesome
-Jon Replogle from PAPAtv joins us, "not live"
-Bowen's Cheat Sheet on NBA Fastbreak
-Lot More!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-191-more-dots-is-more-awesome-or-papatv-headed-back-your-way_57097

191.jpg191.jpg

#790 8 years ago

The MMr LE free colour expectation partly came from this (forum?) quote from Rick @ PPS:

"As we have said MANY MANY times, the colorized DMD is a software upgrade. At this time it will be an free LE upgrade to the software - likely no charge for LE owners,"

So there's wiggle room in the wording, but definitely implies free MMR LE colour upgrade. I paid in on MMR LE later than the original launch and at the time the colour DMD was one of the main reasons for me choosing LE over standard. There was not a lot of difference between the 2 models and colour DMD upgrade was absolutely one of the major selling points for me. Im pretty sure I saw it listed as an LE feature somewhere other than this quote (re-sellers website?), but can't be 100% (maybe 90%).

The dots look great, but I still think its poor form to charge LE buyers.

Edit: Here it is:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/64#post-1557003

#791 8 years ago

Episode 192 "I Predict A Riot or Sharpe Shooters Aim To Texas"
-Scott Gullicks from Riot Pinball with an update on Wrath of Olympus
-Josh Sharpe here to talk TPF 2016 tournament, WWE King of the Ring, Rankings, and more!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-192-i-predict-a-riot-or-sharpe-shooters-aim-to-texas_57253

192.jpg192.jpg

#792 8 years ago

Early invite to Pintastic New England 2016....July 7th to the 9th. Be their!

#793 8 years ago

Wow. We have really got to stay up late in the Eastern and Central time zones to catch these releases.

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. We have really got to stay up late in the Eastern and Central time zones to catch these releases.

Because they disappear right after?

#795 8 years ago

Nate I absolutely love your show and I've been catching up on recent episodes that I missed when I was laid up having surgery/recovering but I have to take umbrage with something you said that really irked me in one of those.

I forget what # episode but you mentioned how you "stole" peoples photos and used them for various things, presumably on your website. Your defense was "I don't make money at this, I'm sorry". Well as a photographer I want to tell you that I'M SORRY, but whether or not you make money at what you are doing DOES NOT make you exempt from any licensing fees and financial responsibility you incur from using someone else's work without permission.

I've had my work stolen and I've had to chase down plenty of people to collect money they owed me for using my work and I've also had to get sites taken down for the same reason. You can bet the farm if you or anyone used my photos without permission I don't care how much you don't make at this, I'm going to come after you for my licensing fee and the fee plus damages if I have to get the legal system involved. Also in your case I'm pretty sure you do make a little bit of money considering you are selling t-shirts well above cost so your defense isn't even an honest one. In the case of using people's work, it is NOT better to ask for forgiveness instead of asking permission.

You didn't steal any of my work so you are free of my wrath in that aspect but the reason I am writing all of this is to try to get you to see it from the other side and think about your actions. Your "I don't make money at this" defense is used by EVERYBODY who steals other people's images and further disrespects and devalues what people like I do to make part of their living. I don't think you'd like it if someone took something you worked on and used it in any way without asking, especially if that work helps put food on your table. It really rubbed me the wrong way hearing you say that and made me lose some respect for you. You are better than that Nate! Maybe a bunch of pinball enthusiasts who took some pictures of games may not mind having their photos used somewhere but that is something you need to find out beforehand. Never assume that it's ok because you are just a hobbyist and you aren't making money at it.

I hope this makes you think about it from the other side moving forward and this bump in the road aside, keep up the good work on the podcast.

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I don't care how much you don't make at this, I'm going to come after you for my licensing fee and the fee plus damages if I have to get the legal system involved

d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpgd4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg

#797 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Nate I absolutely love your show and I've been catching up on recent episodes that I missed when I was laid up having surgery/recovering but I have to take umbrage with something you said that really irked me in one of those.
I forget what # episode but you mentioned how you "stole" peoples photos and used them for various things, presumably on your website. Your defense was "I don't make money at this, I'm sorry". Well as a photographer I want to tell you that I'M SORRY, but whether or not you make money at what you are doing DOES NOT make you exempt from any licensing fees and financial responsibility you incur from using someone else's work without permission.
I've had my work stolen and I've had to chase down plenty of people to collect money they owed me for using my work and I've also had to get sites taken down for the same reason. You can bet the farm if you or anyone used my photos without permission I don't care how much you don't make at this, I'm going to come after you for my licensing fee and the fee plus damages if I have to get the legal system involved. Also in your case I'm pretty sure you do make a little bit of money considering you are selling t-shirts well above cost so your defense isn't even an honest one. In the case of using people's work, it is NOT better to ask for forgiveness instead of asking permission.
You didn't steal any of my work so you are free of my wrath in that aspect but the reason I am writing all of this is to try to get you to see it from the other side and think about your actions. Your "I don't make money at this" defense is used by EVERYBODY who steals other people's images and further disrespects and devalues what people like I do to make part of their living. I don't think you'd like it if someone took something you worked on and used it in any way without asking, especially if that work helps put food on your table. It really rubbed me the wrong way hearing you say that and made me lose some respect for you. You are better than that Nate! Maybe a bunch of pinball enthusiasts who took some pictures of games may not mind having their photos used somewhere but that is something you need to find out beforehand. Never assume that it's ok because you are just a hobbyist and you aren't making money at it.
I hope this makes you think about it from the other side moving forward and this bump in the road aside, keep up the good work on the podcast.

So I am not a photographer. How would anyone know if we stole your work? Are your photos on a website? I am really curious as this copyright stuff interests me.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg

I just think mxv is sending Nate a message that it is not okay to take other people's photos and doesn't want him to get "bit in the arse" by someone.

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So I am not a photographer. How would anyone know if we stole your work? Are your photos on a website? I am really curious as this copyright stuff interests me.

The easy answer is: If you didn't take the photo it is not yours to use unless there is a creative commons licence stating you are free to reproduce the photo.

The even simpler answer is: Just because you found it on the internet doesn't mean it is free to use and in the public domain.

I shoot concerts and pro wrestling shows so my stuff is on many sites. I watermark everything that gets posted but I've had @$$holes crop them out and reuse them on their site. I don't shoot any pinball stuff. My message to Nate was trying to educate him that it's not OK to take other's photos with the defense of "I don't make money at this" and also let him know just how insulting that is to one of my professions.

#800 8 years ago

I'm afraid that, once you've uploaded a photo to a website, you're f*cked. Unless that site has restrictions to prevent hi-res downloads or any copying of a photo at all, it can, and will be taken by someone. Granted, if you see it used in an unauthorized sense, well, you can go after the user for either removal or a monetary compensation. Otherwise, don't post anything on the internet thinking that no-one can or will use it somewhere else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.