7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.
#651 8 years ago

Nate, it was a pleasure playing Paragon with you in the consolation tourney. Hopefully next time the Beast Lair treats us both better! Let me know if your travels ever take you to Austin.

#652 8 years ago

Listened to this last show in my way home from ReplayFX, as mentioned. Good stuff.

Nice to meet you at the show, Nate. And nice showing in the loser tournament. I bombed out in two rounds.

#653 8 years ago

wow! your best show yet. keep em coming nate.
please make a batch of shirts with "take that tetris guys" on them.

#654 8 years ago

I sadly missed the Sharpe's talk as I was in the booth for Project Pinball at the worst time, but glad I'll get a chance to listen. Nice meeting you at Pinburgh. Great weekend.

#655 8 years ago

Not a new episode (hopefully tomorrow), but here is a look back at the final of Pinburgh Saturday night.

#656 8 years ago

I have to admit, I was hoping you had the roar on tape - but that was still pretty cool, Nate.

#657 8 years ago

Episode 183 "The Effects of Replay FX or Scoreboards Wanted"
-Replay FX and Pinburgh
-Best Players without a major
-Great Final, almost perfect

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-183-the-effects-of-replay-fx-or-scoreboards-wanted_54566

183.jpg183.jpg

#658 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Episode 182 "A Chat From The Floor With Roger, Zach, and Josh Sharpe"

This was a great ReplayFX moment to be able to experience vicariously. Thanks for recording this. (Really surprised at the sound quality for such an impromptu discussion...with a single device in the middle of you all.) Kudos for sharing this with the community.

#659 8 years ago

Another great episode Nate. Happy Birthday Theresa!

#660 8 years ago

Has there ever been an episode interviewing John Borg?

#661 8 years ago

Thanks for another episode in time for the long drive home!

I don't remember Nate talking to John, maybe in passing at a show for a minute.

Charlie and KT did an interview with him a while back. KT keeps trying to get him to say the BORG are his
favorite Star Trek villain, if i remember correctly...

http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-15/

#662 8 years ago

Thanks for that, I'll take a listen.

Hopefully in the future Nate could get a hold of him as well. I just got a Metallica Pro, would live to hear him talk about the pin in detail-

#663 8 years ago

Episode 184 "The Hobbit Finds Gold or Catching Up On Upcoming"
-Hobbit at Replay FX
- Full Throttle thoughts
-Alien Shot Map
-BOP 2.0 update
-More WOOLY in the world

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-184-the-hobbit-finds-gold-or-catching-up-on-upcoming_54999

184.jpg184.jpg

#664 8 years ago

Episode 185 "Silverball Docs Make Me Happy or Tape That Flipper Down"
-NYC can be weird
-Wizard Mode and One Quarter at a Time Documentaries
-Going Up, Going Down
-Forum Static: Cradle or Not?

http://www.coast2coastpinball.com
Twitter - @c2cpinball
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball
Email - [email protected]
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coast-2-coast-pinball/id665142229?mt=2

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-185-silverball-docs-make-me-happy-or-tape-that-flipper-down_55076

185.jpg185.jpg

#665 8 years ago

Perfect timing.
I'm half way through 184 right now and click over here to see 185 is ready to go.

#666 8 years ago

*Just pretend at the end I say "Oh yeah, and Stern is making more Iron Man VE!"

* AND Met Premiums too.

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Episode 185 "Silverball Docs Make Me Happy or Tape That Flipper Down"
-NYC can be weird
-Wizard Mode and One Quarter at a Time Documentaries
-Going Up, Going Down
-Forum Static: Cradle or Not?
http://www.coast2coastpinball.com
Twitter - @c2cpinball
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball
Email - [email protected]
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coast-2-coast-pinball/id665142229?mt=2
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-185-silverball-docs-make-me-happy-or-tape-that-flipper-down_55076
185.jpg

nate, when do you sleep? keep em coming and get to pin a go go in may.

#668 8 years ago

Episode 186 "More Iron and Monsters or I Hear The Belles"
-Trips to Silverball Museum and Modern Pinball NYC
-Stern running more IMve and MET Prem
-Article on Belles and Chimes and Women in Pinball

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-186-more-iron-and-monsters-or-i-hear-the-belles_55271

186.jpg186.jpg

#669 8 years ago

Sheesh Nate. Slow down.

#670 8 years ago

Episode 200 is around the corner

#671 8 years ago

I got a lot of catching up to do... WOW

#672 8 years ago

Nice. More pinball goodness after work today.

#673 8 years ago

Hey Nate, thanks for the great shows, keep 'em comin'! With all of the "Straight Outta ..." memes going around I always think you need this:image.jpgimage.jpg

#674 8 years ago

Nate:
- Ep. 182: AMAZING.
- Ep. 183: Now feeling convicted, because you nailed it.... Main event finals that are poorly attended and/or not scheduled to be well-attended.... are NOT cool. And I've been on both ends of this.

On the playing end: The finals for the TPF "main" tourney (really just tourney #5 out of 5), Garrett and I were facing off in the final match .... not only while people weren't there to watch (I think there were THREE people besides the tourney director), but while nearly every other pin the ballroom had been folded up and was being moved out. The show was over and done. We were limited in what pins we could pick in the finals -- from the appropriate tourney bank -- because the individuals who graciously brought the pins wanted to go home. It felt great to win, but it was a pathetic anticlimactic way to hold a finals.

On the spectator end: After listening to Ep. 183, I was convicted that I made a poor choice at Pinburgh Finals. I thought, "I just spent a few hours watching and commentating up through the semifinals. I can watch the finals post-ReplayFX on PAPAtv. But I won't have access to all these pins/games after tomorrow. I need to go play all the pins I can't find anywhere else while I have the chance." I should have stuck around and watched all of the finals. Not just because it was a great finals match, and that more spectators are good for competitive pinball.... it's because if I were playing in the finals, I would want to have an electric atmosphere with lots of people cheering and watching. I've got to think that anyone else who aspires to be in a finals or has played in a finals feels the same way.

Thanks, as always, for the podcasts.

#676 8 years ago

Episode 187 "An Evening With Kayla Greet"
-Kayla Greet joins us to talk Seattle, Women in Pinball, Skill Shot Pincast and more!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-187-an-evening-with-kayla-greet_55721

187.jpg187.jpg

#677 8 years ago

Safe spaces. Breasts are evil. #BlackLivesMatter. Helping with tires is now sexist, rather than kind. Huh. Welp, might as well enjoy pinball before everything is declared "problematic".

#678 8 years ago

Yeah, wasn't sure did this pod have anything to do with pinball?

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Yeah, wasn't sure did this pod have anything to do with pinball?

And in the previous podcast he wanted to just talk Pinball with a female.
To bad more of that did not happen.
And no, I am not anti female in pinball. Actually could not be more supportive.

I will also still change a tire for anyone who needs help. And will also let anyone help me with the dishes. I hate doing dishes.

#680 8 years ago

Really enjoyed the interview with Kayla and glad to hear C2C giving some time to social issues within the community.

#681 8 years ago

Whoa Nellie and Luci are awful but we are going to have a tourney called "Babes" in pinland. Hmmm

#682 8 years ago

Interesting discussion in this latest podcast.

I was a little surprised that she found those cartoon translites (lucy and Nellie) so offensive

I can agree with most of the other stuff in the podcast but is Lucy really any worse than, say the Kiss translite with those overblown muscles on the band members?

No disrespect meant toward the person being interviewed. I find different opinions like this refreshing to listen to.

#683 8 years ago

I enjoyed that interview. I see women get nearly bullied off this board all the time (unless they have thick skin), and it's really sort of sad how immature some guys are in this hobby. If you want to see more people getting into pinball, that includes women too.

Quoted from karl:

but is Lucy really any worse than, say the Kiss translite with those overblown muscles on the band members?

I'd say Lucy is really pushing the boundry. Kiss is only showing the top half anyway (which is still covered by vests and gear).
WNBJM is highly offensive, and I'm amazed Stern agreed to it to be honest (but then again, they made playboy). Can you imagine if they made "Woah Tommy, big juicy cucumbers"?

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I enjoyed that interview. I see women get nearly bullied off this board all the time (unless they have thick skin), and it's really sort of sad how immature some guys are in this hobby. If you want to see more people getting into pinball, that includes women too.

I have never seen women shunned in this hobby. Not saying it does not happen, but every event I have attended have plenty of women and I've never heard one person say anything about it.
If anything we all want more.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd say Lucy is really pushing the boundry. Kiss is only showing the top half anyway (which is still covered by vests and gear).
WNBJM is highly offensive, and I'm amazed Stern agreed to it to be honest (but then again, they made playboy). Can you imagine if they made "Woah Tommy, big juicy cucumbers"?

So what you're saying is that Luci would be just fine if they only showed her tits covered by a bikini top???

#686 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have never seen women shunned in this hobby.

I don't know that I've seen women outright "shunned", but I've definitely witnessed more passive examples of exclusion. Most often, women being viewed and treated as lesser players with men talking down to them about how to play the games, sometimes with a tone like they're explaining something to a child. Another big one is assuming they're not interested in competing or are just tagging along with their boyfriend/husband. Whatever the level of exclusion, men need to be more aware of when it's happening and be more vocal about turning it around to be more inclusive within the hobby.

#687 8 years ago

My wife asked where do we send the money, lol.

For wtbjc

#688 8 years ago

Not my favorite C2C podcast. I made it thru most of it but it was the same topic over and over. It got tiring. I understand that women are hassled in gaming. I understand people can be idiots. I also understand people trying to honestly help shouldn't be met with derision. I try to always be courteous to people and expect the same.

Bottom line: If women want to have all female leagues and tournaments, I say go for it. The bottom line is to grow the hobby. More is better.

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

Not my favorite C2C podcast. I made it thru most of it but it was the same topic over and over. It got tiring. I understand that women are hassled in gaming. I understand people can be idiots. I also understand people trying to honestly help shouldn't be met with derision. I try to always be courteous to people and expect the same.
Bottom line: If women want to have all female leagues and tournaments, I say go for it. The bottom line is to grow the hobby. More is better.

Agree with everything you said. I just wonder that the reaction would be if someone were to hold a male only pinball tourney. Yes I heard her response on the podcast was "just like every other tourney". But would she totally be happy without having the option to participate??? Can't imagine a major stink wouldn't be made if that were to happen.

#690 8 years ago

Separate or equal? Pick one.

#691 8 years ago

Can't we all just get along!

#692 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I find your avatar offensive! I don't want to look at Gene's tounge especially will balls coming out of his mouth! Oh wait better sell my Kiss.

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

And what's up with people who ask questions without using question marks?!

#694 8 years ago

I started listening to the podcast but only listened to the first 10-15 minutes. Nothing bothersome so far.

#695 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

And in the previous podcast he wanted to just talk Pinball with a female.
To bad more of that did not happen.

Just wondering which parts, other than Dorky's, weren't about pinball? It really was all we talked about.

I use Babes in an empowering way. Women who are my friends are all babes. It's a word that can be taken casually, and doesn't make women feel objectified like Baby does. And at the very base of it though, it's a play off of Babes in Toyland, obviously.

Separate or equal? I choose equal but not everyone else does. So until that happens, why not create a space for ladies to play and have fun?

I knew I would catch some flack from Pinside about this interview, but it's absolutely worth it to me. I really appreciate being able to have a conversation about these topics and my favorite part of the whole entire thing is that I made you all think about it. Support it or hate it, at least you listened. So thanks for that.

#696 8 years ago
Quoted from kayluh:

I knew I would catch some flack from Pinside

I am not flack.
Your interview was great, and I applaud you for doing it.
I'm certain we would get along fine in any setting, including pinball.
My point was that in the previous podcast he stated that he would really love to do an interview with a female player and just talk pinball and not even get into the whole guy/girls point.
But that is extremely difficult to pull off.
I just play pinball and could care less about someones sex.
I welcome everyone and always have.

#697 8 years ago

I bet we would get along. I've got plenty to talk about in pinball. Your comment was not the flack I was referring to. I offered to Nate to bring up any or all or none of my talking points and I'd be happy to just talk pinball. The conversation evolved into a good discussion though, for which I'm happy. But still, I talked about how I got into it, what sort of games I like, doing Skill Shot, and the Seattle scene at large. There were lots of pinball things talked about, but they're all through my gaze as a woman playing pinball.

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from kayluh:

Just wondering which parts, other than Dorky's, weren't about pinball? It really was all we talked about.
I use Babes in an empowering way. Women who are my friends are all babes. It's a word that can be taken casually, and doesn't make women feel objectified like Baby does.

So it's as you perceived the term. Others may not look at it the same as you. Kinda in the same way offering to help someone out (like for example changing a flat tire) could be someone just being a decent human being without having to be labeled sexist or implying that you aren't capable of doing it on your own.

Blaming all of Pinside gets old & I see it all the time. I've never once posted a pic of a naked chick or anything along those lines as quite a few on here haven't. As with RGP or any large forum you are bound to have a large diversity of forum posters. I also don't need to feel like I'm sexist cause I own a Whoa Nellie or ACDC Luci.

Dont mean to be to critical but 75% of the podcast just came off like an Agenda against guys in what is yes a male dominated hobby.

Good luck with your tournament.

#699 8 years ago

Thank you Kayluh.
I am with you on about 98% of what you said, not that that really matters because as you said it's having knowledge of the issue and getting the conversation started that matters, not if I agree or not.

I am glad Nate had you on and glad you have a league that encourages growth in the hobby from an underserved part of the community. I hope people get the message and don't get wrapped up with needing to feel defensive.

I hope that you don't take any of the following comments tone policing. I just wanted to mention the two things that really bummed me out about the interview.
Using a phrase like " I think it's the most disgusting idea anyone has ever had" is hyperbolic and makes it harder to hear your message, which again, I think is very important.
Using human kindness as an example of something that is inappropriate or wrong is...... I don't know what the word is but it makes it hard to empathize with you even though I understand your point. Having a stranger offer to help you fix your tire, regardless of your gender..... is something we can use more of in our society, not less. You may not appreciate kind acts by strangers but that doesn't mean all kind acts are fueled out of a desire to make you feel lesser than.

Anyways, like I said, thank you and I hope you don't read those comments as anything other than my thoughts, to which you do not need to agree with.

I would really love to hear what a conversation would sound like between you, Dennis and Greg about WNBJM. It would be interesting for sure.
I personally think that it's campy and in poor taste but like John Waters films, that's what I like about it.
For the record I hugely support a custom game where the art is all about dongs. Maybe Woah Tommy: Big Dumb Cocks
I could get behind a chicken farming game.

Thanks again for the interview and for posting here.

#700 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dont mean to be to critical but 75% of the podcast just came off like an Agenda against guys in what is yes a male dominated hobby.

You missed the point. It's not an agenda against guys. It's an agenda for women. That's something you don't need to be afraid of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.