7D498AAE-0127-44A0-97F2-0BD6000DA71A (resized).jpeg
EED73964-BC40-409E-A260-A68CF9E9AD15 (resized).png
F75FF5B6-5924-495E-B2C9-7B8778DA8ECE (resized).png
1B9E1145-EDB7-4723-ACFA-CCFF73F3FBCD (resized).png
IMG-4738 (resized).PNG
9D53DBF1-52B1-4B5E-B136-5855BFD19582 (resized).jpg
Enlight1 (resized).jpg
IMG-2168 (resized).JPG
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 47.
#451 9 years ago

Sorry, no new episode, just a post by your friendly webmaster

Quoted from CNKay:

Nate maybe ask the moderators to let you have a thread that allows only you to post show updates?

Something like this is planned. The idea is that, in the near future, certain threads will be allowed to be designated "announcement only". Still working on the details.

Right now, there is no way to distinguish announcement threads (such as this one probably was intended) and discussion threads (Pinside being a forum, first and foremost). So it's kind of hard to ask people to stop posting to threads. I hope that makes sense. Maybe Nate should create a second thread where people can discuss the latest show(s)? And then keep posting reminders in this one that this is only for Episode announcements. At least until the above idea of announcement threads is implemented.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

All the "drama" , trolling and OT derailing,
sound a whole lot like what used to happen on the RGP site years ago,
before pinside became the forum of choice.

I hear what you're saying, but it's not that bad, is it?
Seriously, since Pinside is a moderated forum I don't think we'll get there. We've had our share of Frank Furthers here, emphasis on "had".

Of course there is something to be said for the argument that there's too much off topic noise on Pinside. It's maybe part of the growth, which is not always easy to manage. Maybe we need more rules, stricter enforcement. But I'm not sure if that's the right direction. We are having a lot of discussion about this (behind the scenes) and I have some ideas to help battle the off topic issue. But it's also important to maintain the aspects of a forum, the stuff that made Pinside what it is today. So in short: yes, we are actively thinking about solutions and no, this will not become a police state forum. I believe in tools that allow people to shape Pinside to your preference. Auto-hiding of NSFW images is one of those choices. Ignore is another one. Drain is another one.

Stay tuned, Pinside is always improving itself (or at least trying hard to)!

#452 9 years ago

Doh!!! Not a problem I will let it slide.
Great idea the post show battle ring!! When we can call Nate silly names for having a Tie in the battle of the pins taxi vs diner there are no ties in pinball.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

But it's also important to maintain the aspects of a forum, the stuff that made Pinside what it is today. So in short: yes, we are actively thinking about solutions and no, this will not become a police state forum.

Great to hear. Level headed approach as usual. Thank you for letting us know where your thinking is Robin.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Episode 150 "An Evening With Mark Ritchie, Live From The Texas Pinball Festival"
-Mark Ritchie interview recorded at TPF 2015
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-150-an-evening-with-mark-ritchie-live-from-the-texas-pinball-festival_43705

150.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ty for covering Mark Ritchie. He's done some brilliant work.
-mof

#455 9 years ago

Episode 151 "Texas Pinball Festival 2015 Part 2"
-Texas Pinball Festival Coverage
-Charlie from Spooky Pinball
-Jonathan from Pinball Magazine
-John from Great Pinball Limited
-Jared from Pinside/Texas/Your Heart

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-151-texas-pinball-festival-2015-part-2_43880

151.jpg151.jpg
#456 9 years ago

Woohoo!
Looking forward to listening to this one tomorrow on the way to work.

GREAT live show with Mark Ritchie! I don't think you could've covered his career much better
in the time you were allowed. I actually got to speak with him for a few minutes - great guy.
I think he'd love to see KINGPIN released at some point just as much as the rest of us would.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

GREAT live show with Mark Ritchie!

Was a good episode. I wish he asked what Steve Ritchie pin was his favorite. Wonder if it's ACDC.

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Episode 151 "Texas Pinball Festival 2015 Part 2"
-Jared from Pinside/Texas/Your Heart

LOL... Your Heart.... oh boy.

#460 9 years ago

Thanks for getting 151 up! I must have refreshed the page forty or fifty times yesterday hoping it would be available after listening to the first two segments. The podcast is fantastic!

#461 9 years ago

Has it been mentioned that this podcast still isn't listed under podcasts in the Mr. Pinball 2015 price guide despite being the most prolific and entertaining pinball podcast there is? Travesty of justice.

#462 9 years ago

Episode 152 "All The WPPRtunities or Let's Go Sharpeshooting"
-Josh Sharpe
-PAPA and Circuit Final
-National Championship and Pin-Masters
-Texas Pinball Festival and WPPR 5.0

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-152-all-the-wpprtunities-or-lets-go-sharpeshooting_44049

152.jpg152.jpg
#463 9 years ago

Funny, just listened to this today, and almost wrote you an email a couple days ago saying you should get Robert on the show...nice to see you touch on how ROCK SOLID homie is playing right now.

#464 9 years ago

Episode 153 "An Evening With Andrew Heighway"
-Andrew Heighway from Heighway Pinball
-Full Throttle in production
-A look towards Alien and beyond

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-153-an-evening-with-andrew-heighway_44154

http://www.coast2coastpinball.com
Twitter - @c2cpinball
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/coast2coastpinball
Email - [email protected]
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coast-2-coast-pinball/id665142229?mt=2

153.jpg153.jpg
#465 9 years ago

Wow, impressive and ambitious
I love it

#466 9 years ago

Been on vaca this week, let all these ep build up, plan on marathoning then on the drive home....YES!!!

#467 9 years ago

These podcasts are awesome. Thanks Nate!

#468 9 years ago

Episode 154 "MGC Preview or Tents, Air Hockey, Magic and VIGs! (Also, lots of Pinball!)
-Dan Loosen and Mark Czarnowski from the Midwest Gaming Classic

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-154-mgc-preview-or-tents-air-hockey-magic-and-vigs-also-lots-of-pinball_44474

154.jpg154.jpg
#469 9 years ago

Every year we hear Dan complain about how hard it is to run a pinball show, and every year I'm very grateful for the increased blood pressure he endures from fighting the city. and OH MAN! oculus rift demos, sweet!

#470 9 years ago

Is there anyway to magically access the podcast that would not be blocked at my work due to "being social media"?

I would like to listen, but work IT does not like podcast garden. Unfortunately no phone reception in my fariday cage so need to access through CPU.

In other words, is the podcast linked at any other sites I can try?

TIA

#471 9 years ago

Hilton, Try using your phone. That is how I access them.
--Scott

#472 9 years ago

thanks, no reception in office (I work in an old norad building with 4 ft thick concrete walls)

#474 9 years ago

You could download them onto your phone before work.

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks, no reception in office (I work in an old norad building with 4 ft thick concrete walls)

they are part of apples/iTunes podcasts, dunno if that helps you or not.

#476 9 years ago

Stitcher radio maybe?

#477 9 years ago

thanks guys. all blocked at work. I will need to dowload to ipod after work tonight.

#478 9 years ago

Maybe you can pay someone to transcribe it for you... haha!
--Scott

#479 9 years ago

Can convert it to dot matrix commands, maybe you still have one laying around your old building?

Sorry for the nonsense

#480 9 years ago

Does anybody happen to know which episodes where Nate talks about Terminator 2.

#481 9 years ago

Episode 155 "An Evening With Bowen Kerins"
-Bowen Kerins joins us to talk PAPA, Replay FX, Strategy, and more!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-155-an-evening-with-bowen-kerins_44613

155.jpg155.jpg
#482 9 years ago

Episode 156 "Bowen's Back or New In New York"
-Bowen Kerins is back for more!
-Bowen's Cheat Sheet Debuts
-Five Fast Thoughts
-Trip Report Creek and The Cave
-#wheresthecode working?
-Scoregasm Master

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-156-bowens-back-or-new-in-new-york_44680

156.jpg156.jpg
#483 9 years ago

Coast2coast going from strength to strength with 'Sharpeshooting' and now Bowen's segment, love it!

#484 9 years ago

Episode 157 "Live (not live) From The Midwest Gaming Classic 2015"
-Audio from MGC 2015
- Dirty Donny
- Day One Pinball
- Dennis Nordman
- Deadflip crew -Jack and Brad
- Scott Danesi from Dutch Pinball, Day One Pinball, Pinball Life
- Charlie is everywhere

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-157-live-not-live-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic-2015_44924

157.jpg157.jpg
#485 9 years ago

Sheet....Nate! I just downloaded the Bowen follow up. New one up already! You're the man!

#486 9 years ago

Episode 158 "An Evening With Greg Dunlap"
- Greg Dunlap joins us to talk Tilt Forums, code for games, working for Williams and Pat Lawlor and much more!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-158-an-evening-with-greg-dunlap_45216

158.jpg158.jpg
#487 9 years ago

Episode 159 "For Whom The Bell Tolls, or One Bride Sold"
-5 Fast Thoughts
-MGC wrap up
-The Skit-B Follow Up
-Metallica is here
-The Machine BOP is gone
-Bowen on TAF
-Rumors, speculation, opinions galore

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-159-for-whom-the-bell-tolls-or-one-bride-sold_45273

159.jpg159.jpg
#488 9 years ago

Really enjoying all the interviews and gameplay / competition focused conversation.

#489 9 years ago

Even though we had six C2C podcasts released in the past 16 days,
the fact that it has been 6 days since the last one
has me "jonesing" for a new one reeeaaaalllll bad.

p.s. Coincidentally met the real Greg Dunlap
and the POP crew at the Portland PinBrawl15 last weekend.

#490 9 years ago

Episode 160 "Color Those Dots or Wrestlemania is Junkyard"
-5 Fast Thoughts
-Color DMD vs ?
-Bowen's Cheat Sheet on The Shadow
-Mailbag on Lyman, complex games, and more!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-160-color-those-dots-or-wrestlemania-is-junkyard_45801

160.jpg160.jpg

#491 9 years ago

In a rental car listening to Sirius radio yesterday and I selected the NPR station. Around noon, a new show starts and I think the host's voice sounds familiar. Soon I think I hear the word pinball, no that can't be. Then I hear the familiar words - Nate and C2C. Woohoo! Podcast was from 01/21 broadcast, one I heard before. Listened to 15 min anyways, and thought you may like to know ... pinball is mainstream now.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nate and C2C. Woohoo! Podcast was from 01/21 broadcast, one I heard before. Listened to 15 min anyways, and thought you may like to know

WOW!!! Congrats Nate!
--Scott

#493 8 years ago

In a rental car listening to Sirius radio yesterday and I selected the NPR station. Around noon, a new show starts and I think the host's voice sounds familiar. Soon I think I hear the word pinball, no that can't be. Then I hear the familiar words - Nate and C2C. Woohoo! Podcast was from 01/21 broadcast, one I heard before. Listened to 15 min anyways, and thought you may like to know ... pinball is mainstream now.

Well....that is pretty awesome.

#494 8 years ago

But was it licensed??

#495 8 years ago

No SH*T?!?

Wow...

#496 8 years ago

That's downright rad.

Is this something that NPR does where they play clips of podcasts or something? I see that you're letting Nate know, would he be unaware that his episode was broadcasted, or are you letting him know that you tuned in?

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's downright rad.
Is this something that NPR does where they play clips of podcasts or something? I see that you're letting Nate know, would he be unaware that his episode was broadcast, or are you letting him know that you tuned in? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was surprised NPR was using a podcast but rationalized that must have been the way they were doing things these days. The show is really a bunch of segments anyways, each with their own names. While the show played the radio display read npr, and c2c was never seen.

So my post was to let the community know and to provide feedback to Nate, in case he wasn't aware. You bring up a good point, how does a broadcaster notify C2C they are hosting their material? Did Nate know beforehand or even after the fact via some official notification?

#498 8 years ago

Episode 161 "Kiss My Iron Throne or Let's Talk Consumer Finance"
-Kiss or GOT?
-Emails Answered (All sorts of subjects)
-Bowen's Cheat Sheet on Xmen
-THERESA RETURNS

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-161-kiss-my-iron-throne-or-lets-talk-consumer-finance_46863

161.jpg161.jpg
#499 8 years ago

I was surprised NPR was using a podcast but rationalized that must have been the way they were doing things these days. The show is really a bunch of segments anyways, each with their own names. While the show played the radio display read npr, and c2c was never seen.
So my post was to let the community know and to provide feedback to Nate, in case he wasn't aware. You bring up a good point, how does a broadcaster notify C2C they are hosting their material? Did Nate know beforehand or even after the fact via some official notification?

I was contacted months ago by a local NPR affiliate about doing a piece on the show and the surging popularity of pinball. I answered some questions, but never heard back. They possibly ran something.

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

I was contacted months ago by a local NPR affiliate about doing a piece on the show and the surging popularity of pinball. I answered some questions, but never heard back. They possibly ran something.

What? Not even a free coffee mug, tote bag, or pair of sandals in thanks?!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-coast-2-coast-pinball-episodes-one-thread-all-listed-here/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.