Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JY64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Curious what new category would be cool for this years Twippy awards!

Also what do u think about inducting a pin from the past into our a ”Twippy hall of fame”??

#2 5 years ago

Best streamed game or highlight? Chuckwurt's TABA on Hobbit or Keith Elwin's masterful scissor flipper play on Harlem Globetrotters to win Pinburgh this year, for example.

#3 5 years ago

Best Pinside thread

#4 5 years ago

Liking it!

#5 5 years ago

Best distributor?

#6 5 years ago

Best Code Update - (Code released in 2018, for pins released prior to 2018)

#7 5 years ago

The most imamaculate pinball machine of 2018

#8 5 years ago

Thought of a few more.

Best Debut - (new artist, designer, podcaster, tourney player, manufacturer or Event... keep it broad to allow for enough nominees)

Best Video/Stream/Podcast "Episode" - separate video vs audio category?
    Best Interview
    Best Pinball Event (meaning expos/fests/conventions/tournaments, not "when <manuafacturer> announced <game>" )
    Favorite Trend - (what is happening more often in pinball in 2018 that is good)
    Worst Trend

And to answer the question regarding the hall of fame: Sure, just make it like other Halls of Fame and require the pin to have been out for at least 5-10 years before it can be a nominee (I'd lean towards longer rather than shorter.)

#9 5 years ago

I would like to see a "Pinball Ambassador" award given to someone who was just a really good person in the pinball community for the year. They could be recognized for helping new people come into the hobby, for charitable efforts, or for whatever they might have done to just make the hobby better.

#10 5 years ago

Lifetime achievement award to a creator, designer, etc..
    Examples- steve ritchie, lyman, eddy...et

#11 5 years ago

Most innovative new game

#12 5 years ago

Biggest flop/dud of the year

#13 5 years ago

I hope jeff, Zach, and the Bone are following this thread!
    Great ideas!

#14 5 years ago

Best seminar at a show.

LTG : )

5 months later
    #15 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Best seminar at a show.
    LTG : )

As much as I think that a good idea I also think too few of us get to the shows even fewer get to multiple shows to see the seminars

1 year later
    #16 4 years ago

Are the twippy's still taking place?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-categories-for-this-years-twippys-suggestions-please?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.