1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB37D80E-5153-4A8E-BAD2-8B784C2C0442 (resized).jpeg
FC52414A-2E2F-441A-B2D9-918ADCED03EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

My advice is this.

Play the game first. If you are not sure of something, ask questions. Bring a pin-friend with you and take your time. Negotiables are just that. Negotiable. I have negotiated prices, payment plans and types of payments. Payment in trade... you name it. It is probably negotiable. Don’t get hung up on it, and if the seller says no, it’s their game.

If something doesn’t feel right... don’t get the game. Could be anything. A pressure sale, a technical question, knowledge of the game’s history. This comes to the seller’s dealings with you. An honest “I don’t know” is more valuable than someone who knows better than you and holds you in contempt for it.

Also, make sure to have a fixer lined up. Friend or professional. Get help if you even think you might need a hand. Moving pins is not always easy. Getting some muscle always is appreciated. A dolly will make a difference too. Wrapping your game will protect corners and cabinets.

Does the seller deliver? Will they set up the game at your home? Will pizza and beer make your helpers happier?

Do you have to navigate stairs? Keep asking questions and go through the the path from start to finish. Take notes. Know you will learn and get past as many issues BEFORE you get the game. And if you make mistakes, make them. Learn from those mistakes, and see their value for the experiences you will gain from them.

This will take the stress out of getting it home and then something doesn’t work.

Ask lots of questions here and know that the community is cheering you on. Thanks for listening to the mental vomit and keep asking questions. No, your questions aren’t stupid. But I will try to give you the best and least stupid answers that I can apply to your questions!

Welcome to the sickness!

-c2s

FC52414A-2E2F-441A-B2D9-918ADCED03EC (resized).jpegFC52414A-2E2F-441A-B2D9-918ADCED03EC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-buyer-needs-purchasing-advice?tu=Caucasian2Step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.