4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinRob
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PB_BriteFlips.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1632_B.jpg
    IMG_1631_B.jpg
    IMG_1630_B.jpg
    IMG_1642.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    Blue_pair.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg

#1 4 years ago

SOLD INDIVIDUALLY...*BETA PRODUCT* ***PATENT PENDING ***

Introducing BriteFlips™ beta, the innovative new pinball accessory that instantly adds motion sensing LED lighting to your pinball flippers. Fits standard 3" pinball flipper bats on most all Williams, Bally, Stern, Sega, and Data East machines from the late 1980’s, through present. This is a brand-new and unique product being test marketed in the pinball community!

Each BriteFlip includes a pair of installed 3V batteries, 3 LEDs in your choice of color, a built-in motion sensor, and 2-sided adhesive. The small, white translucent units fit over the tops of your standard flippers, affixed with the included adhesive. After waiting briefly for the adhesive to bond, they can be used in pinball games and the LEDs will flash each time there’s a vibration from flipper action or a ball hit.
    The self-contained batteries have a real-world tested life well in excess of 10,000 flashes. To remove the BriteFlips, simply twist and pull them off your flippers and clean any remaining adhesive with alcohol. They have not been shown to cause any permanent damage or markings to standard smooth, or logoed flippers.

These Beta test products are in very limited quantities while supplies last. Be the first to show off this new product to your fellow Pinheads! Order each unit individually in your choice of matched colors – or mix colors together. They are will be shipped together via USPS.

*** PATENT PENDING ***

Video Demo

Ordering Info

ebay.com link

IMG_1660.jpg
    Blue_pair.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1642.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Sample images of the four current colors...RED, GREEN, BLUE, WHITE...

IMG_1630_B.jpg

IMG_1631_B.jpg

IMG_1632_B.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Any chance of making something that operates on the mechanical action of the flippers? Perhaps like a shake-up flashlight.

#4 4 years ago

Great idea Crash, but unfortunately it would also be more expensive. Maybe version 2?

#5 4 years ago

Very cool! I'll be looking at a set for my GII.

#6 4 years ago

Does it get distracting during gameplay?

#7 4 years ago

Very cool! Any chance of modifying the eBay shipping when you buy more than 1 set? $4.95 shipping for each additional set is putting me off right now.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Same question here. Like the idea and want to maybe add to a few pins but concerned some people may be put off by the distraction. Thoughts?

#9 4 years ago

Shipping - I will modify my ebay ad so the shipping is free.

Distraction - it is not that bright ... the photos make it look brighter than it really is. But that's subjective : )

#10 4 years ago

Okay, the shipping is now free to continental USA locations. Price (each) is $13.95

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

If you have played Medusa and weren't distracted then these won't distract you either. Unless you have ADD, then they might?

#12 4 years ago

great idea

always tried this idea, but mine involved drilling the shaft hollow and running wires to the bat running on games power with transparent bats in your color choice

congrats on this method

#13 4 years ago

Ordered Red, Green and a Blue set. Was hoping there was a purple set

#14 4 years ago

How would they look on on transparent bats??

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If you have played Medusa and weren't distracted then these won't distract you either. Unless you have ADD, then they might?
    » YouTube video

Thanks for the video. Now I want a Medusa after seeing that game! Anyhow, these look similar in brightness but only light for a second when you flip them.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Ordered Red, Green and a Blue set. Was hoping there was a purple set

If these sell, and it looks like they do..then I will get more made in the colors of purple, yellow, orange, green, blue, red, and white.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbali:

How would they look on on transparent bats??

This fix atop your flippers with a double sided tape. You would not see the transparent bats and the light shines up, not down into the bats. Sorry but they would not look different than on regular bats.

#18 4 years ago

These are cool, if they were that price for the pair I'd be ordering quite a few of them.

#19 4 years ago

Cool product! The eBay listing isn't really clear that these are not sold as a set but saw that in your post here. Still would likely be in for yellow when available.

#20 4 years ago

Like the effect. Battery life is questionable, and frankly, I'm always going to take a lot of convincing to buy a "disposable" mod that costs 25 bucks a game, and lasts a few hundred games. At 10k flips battery life, these wouldn't even last the weekend at a show.

#21 4 years ago

Crap, ordered 3 colors thinking they were sold in pairs. My mistake for not reading carefully before ordering.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Like the effect. Battery life is questionable, and frankly, I'm always going to take a lot of convincing to buy a "disposable" mod that costs 25 bucks a game, and lasts a few hundred games. At 10k flips battery life, these wouldn't even last the weekend at a show.

And some games have 4 flippers

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Which is why I suggested something like this to generate the power.

Or...

image_2.jpg

#24 4 years ago

Are the batteries accessible to change them without destroying the adhesive back?

#25 4 years ago

Wire them to in machine so they are constantly on, and make them 10 times thinner, and I'm in. You can make them do cool shit when you flip if that's what you're going for.

#26 4 years ago

Or how about just making flipper bats with leds in them?

#27 4 years ago

What happened if a ball jumps the flipper? Scoring with this mod is cheating.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Or how about just making flipper bats with leds in them?

This has been done. It's really complicated, and the bats are super expensive. Drilling through the steel shaft for the wires is a pain in the arse.

Quoted from Msch:

What happened if a ball jumps the flipper? Scoring with this mod is cheating.

Trolling much?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Crap, ordered 3 colors thinking they were sold in pairs. My mistake for not reading carefully before ordering.

I also ordered thinking these were sold in pairs. I find the original post a bit confusing and also the eBay listing. Makes more sense to sell them in pairs IMO. Now I've got a one blue and they've sold out.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I also ordered thinking these were sold in pairs. I find the original post a bit confusing and also the eBay listing. Makes more sense to sell them in pairs IMO. Now I've got a one blue and they've sold out.

Guess I could send you my blue one, can't use just one.

#31 4 years ago

Or I could send you mine

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Sorry it was not clear in my ad. I modified the ad and added a few more units available on ebay just now. Please hurry and order what you need. I will also PM you about this.. I sell them individually because games can have either odd or even numbers of flippers. Also, people like to sometimes mix colors; like on PinBot.

#33 4 years ago

Here's Red and Blue on PinBot. Hard to photograph on my cell phone.

PB BriteFlips.jpg

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Or I could send you mine

I will be making more soon....

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Though advertised officially at more than 10,000 flips, I built and rig and they flashed continuously for more than 30,000 flips. But at point the brightness is diminished.

#36 4 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback...and the orders! I'm out of this beta test product at the moment and they are no longer on Ebay. Will post again when more are available for sale.

Regards,

calico1997
    BriteMods

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

Though advertised officially at more than 10,000 flips, I built and rig and they flashed continuously for more than 30,000 flips. But at point the brightness is diminished.

Understood. Obviously current isn't just going to go from full to zero. That's a good call advertising the lower number.

I want to check my other games and see how many flips are really on them. I looked at Mustang the other night and it's got over 10k flips on it, but not entirely sure if that's just since I brought it home (like a month ago..), if so, that's kind of crazy.

#38 4 years ago

If the batteries were replaceable then I'd probably buy some.

1 month later
    #39 4 years ago

Bumping for a cool product. Any updates on future production?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.00
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 249.99
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside