Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by stashyboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

I think what would really help the may version of this price guide is, rather than Year To Date, replace that with Last 12 Months. The problem with the 90 month averages is that they don't accurately account for the recent growth, but YTD suffers from too little data.

For the time being, I always try to keep the November version bookmarked for comparison, as 6 month old data that spans 11 months of sales is better than current data that only spans 4-5 months in most cases.

I know they have the data, I assume it wouldn't be too hard to update the formulas in their spreadsheets. Hell, if they distributed their original spreadsheet files, we could do all sorts of selected averages. I think 2 year rolling average would be the most useful trade-off between too much and too little data.

But all that being said, I think it's fantastic that they post this data in the first place. My personal theory is that, worst case scenario if the "Pinball Bubble" pops in the short term, these machines will merely drop to their 90 month averages, so this guide helps me tremendously when buying to keep that in mind.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I had high hopes for the next generation of games fully-exploiting the Internet but there doesn't appear to be any signs of that. I guess we will see. IMO, it still remains to be seen if the pinball market is big enough to support the kind of aggressive/creative development that companies employed in its heyday.

You should really check out what multimorphic is doing with the P3. It's the most game changing of any of the new offerings out there and they really are trying to build a product for the general consumer market as well as pinball collectors.

But even though the P3 is the most revolutionary new pinball product out there, IMO, I don't think technical revolutions are enough anymore to devalue a whole class of pins like has occurred in the past. The markets for pins are too different these days. In the past, you had to have the latest greatest to bring in he quarters, so every big new change made the old generation unappealing to short attention span kids. Now with the collector market, you have people prioritizing different things. That's why funhouses demand more than baywatches, despite the latter having much more advanced technology. I think as long as arcade era people are still alive, there will be a market for those games. It's when we all start dying off that we have a problem, but that's a long term problem. Unless these new MFG's fix that by creating new generations of fans...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-boston-pinball-ebay-sales-data?tu=sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.