4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

workbench 2018-08 (resized).jpg
    Tenma-72-6905 (resized).jpg
    power supply Bel Merit PS501A (resized).jpg
    Kepcp PT70 front power off (resized).jpg
    HP 6205C front 2 (resized).jpg
    rd6006 (resized).jpg
    dps5005 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Power supply junkie? You can always use more power! But I went back in time to get mine. This one for $60 from eBay, this is the real-deal old-school shit, not that made in China new stuff. This is after I cleaned it up and removed the old calibration stickers and such. Works great. This is the one I use the most.

HP 6205C front 2 (resized).jpgHP 6205C front 2 (resized).jpg

I also bought this one for no good reason other than it looks cool. Also about $50. It works good too if you just need a few volts here and there.

Kepcp PT70 front power off (resized).jpgKepcp PT70 front power off (resized).jpg

I also got this one for $10 from a local shop that was closing. Seems to work OK.

power supply Bel Merit PS501A (resized).jpgpower supply Bel Merit PS501A (resized).jpg

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

Some really nice power supplies you guys have.
    And xsvtoys, you found some real good bargains.
    Bob

If you don't mind spending a little bit of time searching and monitoring eBay you should be able to find what you want at a good price. You need some patience to wait for what you want to show up for a good price. Or just peruse what shows up when you search for vintage test equipment and if you see something good snatch it up. In fact, I got most of the stuff with local pickup so I didn't have shipping charges, which can get expensive for the heavier stuff. I got the nice Tektronix 465B scope that way. And also the Fluke 8050A multimeter, plus various function generators, frequency counter, and such. All that good stuff from the 80s is being sold off, and I think most it will probably work for a long time. I got the Tektronix in fully tested and operational condition and it is in beautiful cosmetic shape for $150 with probes. That thing probably cost something like $3,500 when it was new, in 1980s dollars.

workbench 2018-08 (resized).jpgworkbench 2018-08 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bench-top-power-supply?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.