(Topic ID: 316523)

New Beavis & Butthead movie. It's time for the pin.

By IdahoRealtor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New Beavis & Butthead movie. It's time for the pin. ”

• I'd buy that 60 votes
      51%
    • I'd pass 35 votes
      30%
    • I'm a fartknocker 22 votes
      19%

(117 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dall-e (resized).png
    0E913F8E-4982-4316-97C1-D1E0D3BEA7B3 (resized).jpeg
    C9797DB0-691C-4706-BF00-AFBE1CC06C17 (resized).jpeg
    A3AEA4F9-C116-45AA-8827-0DDB26945E38 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Like, um, when do we get the pin? How does this work?

Huh, huh. We have to, like, keep asking until we get one.

Yeah! Come on! I need to get chicks. Somebody make this pin or I'll kick your ass.

#2 1 year ago

Cool thread. Use the search! But also, yes.

#3 1 year ago

I just rewatched the entire run a couple months ago. Some of the best dialogue of dumb people explaining to each other what things are. A pin would go on my short list.

#4 1 year ago

Yes please.
    Seems like most of the guys on here prefer pins like Toy Story though.

#5 1 year ago

Those with ankle biters will most likely go for the kiddie themes. Those with grown up ankle biters or non at all, will probably favor adult themes. Some people are very sensitive about what they expose their children to. When I was 10, I was watching Dawn of the Dead, Driller Killer and Cannibal Holocaust on VHS. Would a modern day kid be permanently damaged by a few naughty words from a pinball machine?

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Would a modern day kid be permanently damaged by a few naughty words from a pinball machine?

No, but their parents will.

#7 1 year ago

Ok.. so they were idiots, but were funny at times. Not sure the cartoon lends itself well to a pinball game. But I guess if you like Southpark then..? R&M is successful because of the adult humor. Beavis and Butthead on the hand not so much. There's a number of other themes before this one...

#8 1 year ago

Cornholio multiball!

#9 1 year ago

I have a topper waiting! Animated.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #10 1 year ago

This pin has potential for a great soundtrack as well.

#11 1 year ago

I hope it would include both movies and maybe even some video modes from the genesis game. Totally in!

#12 1 year ago

I love the show but do you think there's enough content to make a compelling pinball theme? The humor would be great but the show isn't a typical good vs. evil show. If anything Beavis and Butthead are the villains as they tend to wreak havoc on those around them. I suppose Principal McVicker is probably their biggest adversary. I guess Stewart could be an "Ally" that you could collect in the game. The show really centers around the music, so I think you would have to have a bunch of licensed songs to make the license work well. The wizard mode would most likely focus on them trying to "score" I would imagine.

#13 1 year ago

Only if the Spin Doctors are playing in it..."This sucks, Beavis..."
    "Look at his Face!"

#14 1 year ago

B&B could be about them getting away with their destructive antics.

Failure: "Whoa, that sucks!"
    Success: Well, you know how excited Beavis gets.

But if you really want a pin about getting away with shit, lobby for Trailer Park Boys!

#15 1 year ago

The music videos were the best part of the show.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I love the show but do you think there's enough content to make a compelling pinball theme? The humor would be great but the show isn't a typical good vs. evil show. If anything Beavis and Butthead are the villains as they tend to wreak havoc on those around them. I suppose Principal McVicker is probably their biggest adversary. I guess Stewart could be an "Ally" that you could collect in the game. The show really centers around the music, so I think you would have to have a bunch of licensed songs to make the license work well. The wizard mode would most likely focus on them trying to "score" I would imagine.

Seriously? Two movies now and how many seasons? South Park was built on less at the time. Enough material for anyone to work with for sure.

#17 1 year ago

Dream theme

A3AEA4F9-C116-45AA-8827-0DDB26945E38 (resized).jpegA3AEA4F9-C116-45AA-8827-0DDB26945E38 (resized).jpeg
    #18 1 year ago

I would be all over this. Time to get revenge on Todd!

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from fallout-ts:

I just rewatched the entire run a couple months ago. Some of the best dialogue of dumb people explaining to each other what things are. A pin would go on my short list.

Where were you able to watch these at? I looked not to long ago but everything was pay-per-view.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

Where were you able to watch these at? I looked not to long ago but everything was pay-per-view.

A huge portion of it is on Youtube, with the videos. Someone even made a supercut of 8 hours or so of JUST videos.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from RGarriott:

I have had them on my home server for streaming for years. I acquired them through file sharing and they are low bit rate vhs tape rips, but they are original airings with music videos intact.

#22 1 year ago

Hadn't Elwin stated a while back that this would be a dream theme for him to design?

#23 1 year ago

Id Love a B&B pin, but maybe a New South Park pin, a bit more.

So why not do what hasnt been done since shrek/FG.....

A great Table skinned for SP, B&B, who knows, Family Guy too.....
    All pros well done...I think 3-4 themes would be exceptional!
    One cabinet Art. change code, and art....Keep the price low....

#24 1 year ago

I could see Mike Judge being down to do the callouts. He voices like half the characters in the show from what I remember. Would be cool to see Daria do some callouts too.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

Would be cool to see Daria do some callouts too.

Uhhhhhh, you mean Diarrhea?

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Uhhhhhh, you mean Diarrhea?

Cha cha cha

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

I could see Mike Judge being down to do the callouts. He voices like half the characters in the show from what I remember. Would be cool to see Daria do some callouts too.

Custom B&B call outs would be amazing!

#28 1 year ago

Best pc game of 1995

C9797DB0-691C-4706-BF00-AFBE1CC06C17 (resized).jpegC9797DB0-691C-4706-BF00-AFBE1CC06C17 (resized).jpeg
    #29 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Best pc game of 1995[quoted image]

I upgraded to Windows 95 for that game!

#30 1 year ago

It’s Flea! It’s Flea! Has to have Flea in it.

#32 1 year ago

Put the coin in the slot! Hee hee yeah!

Uhhhhhh. hehheh… you said slot....hehehe. Hey Beavis, pull my plunger.

Boooooooooing!!!!! Heh heh

The callout possibilities are endless. Especially if Mike Judge was personally involved making a unique game with original content, not just integrated TV show clips. Would blow Rick & Morty away. Do it Stern!

#33 1 year ago

Huh huh you said, “blow”.

#34 1 year ago

How come there aren't any, like, women in this thread? And how come all the guys here like extra balls?

Damn it, Beavis! You just sent my boner to the ground.

Shut up, Butthead. You're never gonna score.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I challenge anyone to name a theme with the potential for better music, better call outs, more entertaining animations, and more laughs.

Metalocalypse

But to be fair, the B&B theme never gets old. Classic. Plus if B&B has music videos for modes, you can't beat that. Plus B&B had way more cultural impact and would likely be a better seller.

#38 1 year ago

Dammit Pantera,I told you to get out there and mow that lawn!

#39 1 year ago

This was one of my favorites.

Lou Reed belongs in GWAR.

You know what... they were huge GWAR fans, especially in the video games.

It should be a B&B w/ GWAR music.

Make it happen Spooky!

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I hope it would include both movies and maybe even some video modes from the genesis game. Totally in!

The genesis game was amazing

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Metalocalypse
    But to be fair, the B&B theme never gets old. Classic. Plus if B&B has music videos for modes, you can't beat that. Plus B&B had way more cultural impact and would likely be a better seller.

0E913F8E-4982-4316-97C1-D1E0D3BEA7B3 (resized).jpeg0E913F8E-4982-4316-97C1-D1E0D3BEA7B3 (resized).jpeg
    #42 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Dammit Pantera,I told you to get out there and mow that lawn!

#43 1 year ago

#44 1 year ago

I remember that GWAR video from the Virtual Stupidity game. Also had Prong, and at least one other band’s video

2 weeks later
    #45 1 year ago

Just saw the movie "Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe" but how would you do the Mir docking and would that make it an adults only pin?

#47 1 year ago

Yes please!

#48 1 year ago

Watched the new movie. Laughed my ass off. I'd buy a movie-based version, but would prefer OG Beavis & Butthead based on episodes + music video commentary. Hw about a shitty little tv on the playfield that comes on for the music videos?

The buy vs pass ratio on this is mopping the floor with TS4.

1 month later
    #49 1 year ago

Good Mike judge interview, "fly on the wall" podcast with dana carvey and david spade. Had no idea he was originally a mechanical engineer and got into animation because he was bored with his job
    https://podcastaddict.com/episode/143294173

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Good Mike judge interview, "fly on the wall" podcast with dana carvey and david spade. Had no idea he was originally a mechanical engineer and got into animation because he was bored with his job
    https://podcastaddict.com/episode/143294173

Just listened to that today. One of their better/best interviews - sometimes it’s all I can do to keep myself from fast forwarding through Dana Carvey taking over the entire show talking about himself and doing so-so impressions. And I LIKE him! But the Judge episode was great, as was the Jim Downey one

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-beavis-amp-butthead-movie-it-s-time-for-the-pin- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.