Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4ABA4620-2AE8-433A-8CCB-5309E3D35E11 (resized).png
    valley (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

I listed this post under "boutique pinball" but it really falls under new pinball manufacturer. I just got a text from my distributer announcing a baseball game from Valley/Dynamo. I believe this game was first announced at the Texas Pinball Festival. Its called "All Star Baseball" which I believe is a remake of Williams All Star Baseball. It looks like the game comes in two versions. Regular baseball and a Zombie version. That game is called Zombie League All Stars. The picture shows the word "Gizmo" under Valley/Dynamo. I assume this is the games designers. The picture also shows that the game will be manufactured in Texas. I just noticed that there is a Gizmo sticker on the coin door. Valley/Dynamo is a large manufacturer of coin-operated pool tables, air hockey tables, foosball tables, and I believe bar type shuffleboard tables. They are a large company not boutique at all. Just new to pinball. Well...almost pinball.

The Zombie version will be my choice. It looks wonderful with a cool art package ( great color choices) and Zombies replacing the traditional baseball players in the running man unit. This is going to look so good next to my Bally Vampire.

#2 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gizmo-games-is-doing-pitch-and-bat#post-3671704

I played the zombie version at MGC this year, it was fun.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the link I never saw that post from 5 months ago. It has much better pictures than the one I got in a text. Any way we learned some new thing from the flyer. I hope they bring one to Expo this year.

#5 6 years ago

Unfortunately... a lot

Quoted from SilverballNut:

$4800 or so for zombies $4500 for retro and shipping in summer.

#6 6 years ago

Is that the final All Star Baseball playfield graphics? No players shown on the field? (regular version one). If so...not liking that bareness...

#7 6 years ago

Too many other options at that price for me.

2 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

I just got the October issue of RePlay, with an ad from Valley-Dynamo and an article on the pitch-and-bat games. It's officially a Valley-Dynamo product, and they have distributors for both coin-op and home game room channels. Built by Valley-Dynamo, designed by Gizmo. Their website has not announced the game as of this writing.

Mike P. says that these games will be displayed (by Gizmo, not Valley-Dynamo) at Pinball Expo.
    .................David Marston

#9 6 years ago

gizmogamedesign.com

1 week later
    #10 6 years ago

I know GRG is always inflated in their prices, but... uh oh...

valley (resized).JPGvalley (resized).JPG

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

I listed this post under "boutique pinball" but it really falls under new pinball manufacturer. I just got a text from my distributer announcing a baseball game from Valley/Dynamo. I believe this game was first announced at the Texas Pinball Festival. Its called "All Star Baseball" which I believe is a remake of Williams All Star Baseball. It looks like the game comes in two versions. Regular baseball and a Zombie version. That game is called Zombie League All Stars. The picture shows the word "Gizmo" under Valley/Dynamo. I assume this is the games designers. The picture also shows that the game will be manufactured in Texas. I just noticed that there is a Gizmo sticker on the coin door. Valley/Dynamo is a large manufacturer of coin-operated pool tables, air hockey tables, foosball tables, and I believe bar type shuffleboard tables. They are a large company not boutique at all. Just new to pinball. Well...almost pinball.
    The Zombie version will be my choice. It looks wonderful with a cool art package ( great color choices) and Zombies replacing the traditional baseball players in the running man unit. This is going to look so good next to my Bally Vampire.

I actually sent them an email about 3 weeks ago, and nobody ever responded. I hope their not another fly by night pipe dream as I'd like to add this my collection....them not responding to inquiries is not a good sign

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I actually sent them an email about 3 weeks ago, and nobody ever responded.

Sent to whom? Valley-Dynamo is handling this through their coin-op distributor channels. Find the distributor for Valley-Dynamo coin-op products that covers your area, and ask them about it. Gizmo might not know a lot about which distributors will carry it.

#13 6 years ago

I sent the email directly through their website....in the area "contact us"....still no reply....my guess its just smoke and mirrors...as summer has passed and still no product....as much as I would like this product I've seen this movie before...I hope I'm wrong....

#14 6 years ago

Gizmo will be at Expo. See it, play it, and talk to the guys in person.

1 week later
    #15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I sent the email directly through their website....in the area "contact us"....still no reply....my guess its just smoke and mirrors...as summer has passed and still no product....as much as I would like this product I've seen this movie before...I hope I'm wrong....

Did you contact Gizmo or Valley? Either way you should have received a response. Pm me, I'll get you the info you need.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

Did you contact Gizmo or Valley? Either way you should have received a response. Pm me, I'll get you the info you need.

I think the game looks like a lot of fun and my family would enjoy a game like this. What surprises me is they have ZERO marketing material on the product. How about a 5 minute video? There is essentially zero information on their website, which makes me nervous that their another fly by night company (I hope I'm wrong)....if you have a video I'd love to see it.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

What surprises me is they have ZERO marketing material on the product.

That might be Valley-Dynamo's responsibility. Gizmo is essentially a development team. Also, they aren't yet taking orders, just preliminary expressions of interest in the game.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the game looks like a lot of fun and my family would enjoy a game like this. What surprises me is they have ZERO marketing material on the product. How about a 5 minute video? There is essentially zero information on their website, which makes me nervous that their another fly by night company (I hope I'm wrong)....if you have a video I'd love to see it.

Your hopes have been answered. YOU ARE WRONG!!! Please stop using the phrase "fly by night" You are dead wrong about that.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Your hopes have been answered. YOU ARE WRONG!!! Please stop using the phrase "fly by night" You are dead wrong about that.

Interesting...you seem to have intimate knowledge...do tell?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Thank you. When it is ready, we will have plenty of info available. The game is a Valley-Dynamo product. Gizmo designed the games. It is licensed to Valley- Dynamo.
    They build it, sell it, ect. You will be able to purchase a game from any Valley -Dynamo distributor. Gizmo will be a distributor as well, if you'd like to buy from us. We are taking no deposits until games are shipping. That is all for now.

#22 6 years ago

As further evidence of their non-fly-by-night-ness, note that there have already been full-page ads in both RePlay and Play Meter, and the game will be exhibited at the upcoming IAAPA trade show.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

So do you have a video on the game play?

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

Thank you. When it is ready, we will have plenty of info available.................That is all for now.

#25 6 years ago

I would certainly like to see more pictures of these new machines and the assemblies going into them. They look like direct copies of Williams man running units and Williams bat units.

The original Williams patent # 2459011 on the man running unit was filed in 1947 and granted/published in 1949. So that patent has expired many years ago and is now public domain. What a marvelous piece of engineering that man running unit was back in 1947 and still is today.

3 months later
    #26 6 years ago

https://www.familyleisure.com/Arcade-Games/All-Star-Baseball-Pinball

Looks like you can buy here. Nice looking for a modern pitch and bat.

4ABA4620-2AE8-433A-8CCB-5309E3D35E11 (resized).png4ABA4620-2AE8-433A-8CCB-5309E3D35E11 (resized).png

1 month later
    #27 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

https://www.familyleisure.com/Arcade-Games/All-Star-Baseball-Pinball
    Looks like you can buy here. Nice looking for a modern pitch and bat.

For that price and the extremely basic build quality, I'll take a Slugfest for about 1/4 the price. If Slugfest couldn't make it in the market, I can't imagine this or the zombie version going anywhere. Pitch and Bats are even less popular than pinball. Who is this for? Certainly not operators, right?

#28 6 years ago

This game is best suited for operators.
    It has been monetarily successful both in sales and earnings in this area. It has been competitive with pinball since release on location, based on its head to head nature. Many new players have never seen a pitch and bat game today

Complexity of a coin operated device does not determine an outcome, if a person is familiar with redemption, competition play, or even megatouch style amusements.

I discussed this game in detail in the Gizmo Games Design LLC thread.

1 month later
    #29 6 years ago

I just got my April issue of Play Meter. These games are the cover story! Valley-Dynamo COO Nick Baron is interviewed, and he explains more about the relationship with Gizmo. "We hope to continue developing more games with Gizmo in the future and rolling them out every 18 months or so." He claims to have sold some games "to our home dealers", though I haven't seen signs of it. (Valley-Dynamo has two separate distribution networks, and the pitch-and-bat games have primarily been pushed for operators through their operator-centric distribs.) He acknowledges that these games have a lot more electronics than their prebvious products, and states that they are open to further broadening of their product line.

#30 6 years ago

Thanks for the update David. I gave up my subscription to Play Meter a year or two ago when I stopped operating games. I hope they do good with this game. I'd love to see future games come out that a operator can use over a 10 year lifespan.

1 year later
    #31 4 years ago

I just got the August 2019 issue of RePlay, which has a cover story about Valley-Dynamo. There is no mention of the pitch-and-bat games in the 3-page story. But it might be noteworthy that the COO goes on at some length about selling only through their official distributors and dealers, "never direct to locations or operators." That attitude would make it harder to develop the sales channel to the home game room market.

#32 4 years ago

Great traditional layout for sure. But I heard they are not as stout as traditional P+Bs like ones built by Williams. Pot metal parts breaking...

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

Thanks for the update David. I gave up my subscription to Play Meter a year or two ago when I stopped operating games. I hope they do good with this game. I'd love to see future games come out that a operator can use over a 10 year lifespan.

Well you don't have to worry about Playmeter Magazine. They closed up shop in June of last year.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Well you don't have to worry about Playmeter Magazine. They closed up shop in June of last year.

They were sucking pretty hard at the end there, so not a huge loss...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-baseball-game-from-valleydynamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.