Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pineo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0773.jpg
    IMAG0748.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0766.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Nice! And the one-off custom machine used for this video actually exists. Can anyone name the donor machine?

#2 8 years ago

...and yet not a single bare naked lady.

#3 8 years ago

WOW! Now I have seen it all... a tiny band playing on a custom playfield... very awesome CGI here! I love it! Thanks for sharing man, and thank you ED and BNE for being public advocates of our hobby!!!

#4 8 years ago

Awesome

#5 8 years ago

very cool video. I am glad to see the pinball theme go beyond just the one song!

#6 8 years ago

I was just coming to mention the video, but wait... the machine exists? Dangggg. I kind of assumed it was CGI. If I had a million dollars...

And I'm trying to figure out where this is... Rooster Teeth is in Austin, so I would guess Pinballz Arcade? Doesn't quite look right from the pics, but listed on their website they have the majority of the pins that I see, including Banzai Run, BSD, BOP, etc.

#7 8 years ago

Awesome! Strong work!

#8 8 years ago

nice

where was it filmed ?

#9 8 years ago

That looks and sounds great! What game was rethemed to make the video? I wonder if Ed put it in his gameroom. I can't wait to pick up this album!

#10 8 years ago

Video is fantastic.
    I think they were going to film a bit at Pin Church in New Orleans but I don't think that is the place in this vid. Pinballz is a pretty good guess.

#11 8 years ago

it was filmed at pinballz in austin texas

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from justanottergirl:

so I would guess Pinballz Arcade? Doesn't quite look right from the pics, but listed on their website they have the majority of the pins that I see, including Banzai Run, BSD, BOP, etc.

behind her is a row of shooter games they moved for the day and replaced with a bunch of pins so it would be only pins in the video.

#13 8 years ago

Who can name all the pins in the video? It looks to me like Pinbot is there 2x, BOP, Jackbot, Space Invaders, Bansai Run, Iron Man, The Shadow, GnR, Iron Man, NBAFB, Twister, Jurassic Park, Dracula, Whitewater, Transformers, Roadshow, Hurricane, Southpark, Stargate, Buck Rogers & lost world.. I think I got them all..

#14 8 years ago

Strangely I dance around much the same way when I start kicking a machines ass lol..

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from stainedundies:

behind her is a row of shooter games they moved for the day and replaced with a bunch of pins so it would be only pins in the video.

Was interesting that they moved in a couple of pins that haven't been on the floor for a while. hopefully they make it back soon!

Quoted from labnip:

where was it filmed ?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

#16 8 years ago

And the hits keep on comin'. Awesome!

#17 8 years ago

Great video!

#18 8 years ago

Superbands FTW

Great video

#19 8 years ago

Another great song. Forget the place. Who's the hot girl in the video?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Was interesting that they moved in a couple of pins that haven't been on the floor for a while. hopefully they make it back soon!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hehehehehe

Hey, check out what I just posted on the first barenaked ladies thread.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

...and yet not a single bare naked lady.

But one hot girl playing pinball... and jumping...

#22 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-custom-pinball-mock-up-at-pinballz-arcade

The machine looks like it works, but as far as I could tell it does just about everything but actually work and keep score. The slings have no hardware underneath them. As far as I know it's not based on any donor machine. The segment displays are printed on the backglass and show the name of the band- it's actually the same backglass/translite used in the promo thread from a couple weeks back. She did use a real Pinballz token.

Also, good luck going to Pinballz and having it that quiet and empty. I don't think I've ever been there when no one else was, and I'm there a good bit.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Also, good luck going to Pinballz and having it that quiet and empty.

or actually having a working coin door, or flippers, or pop bumpers, or display...

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from stainedundies:

was filmed at pinballz in austin texas

You know... I was just thinking that was the case... but then quickly dismissed it as my imagination.

#25 8 years ago

I'm the main Pinball tech at Pinballz Arcade, I built the BNL pin for the video. I don't normally post on blogs as you can see by my epic amount of post's. The game does work, but some things were not needed as they wanted to CGI some stuff in. I hand made the play field, the flippers, inserts, pop bumpers and drop targets all work.

IMAG0757.jpgIMAG0757.jpg
    #26 8 years ago

That's pretty neat. Definitely easy to recognize pinballz. Pretty good song. Always loved the BNL.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from pineo:

I'm the main Pinball tech at Pinballz Arcade, I built the BNL pin for the video. I don't normally post on blogs as you can see by my epic amount of post's. The game does work, but some things were not needed as they wanted to CGI some stuff in. I hand made the play field, the flippers, inserts, pop bumpers and drop targets all work.

IMAG0757.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

you, da man

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from pineo:

IMAG0757.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Well done dude, super cool.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from pineo:

I built the BNL pin for the video.

It would be cool to see more photos of this game. Sides, closer playfield shots. Thanks.

#30 8 years ago

I'm definitely proud of it, there certainly are some flaws, but I was only given 6 days to $#it a semi working custom pinball machine! But I got to help with the Arcade part of the video shoot.

IMAG0766.jpgIMAG0766.jpg IMAG0751.jpgIMAG0751.jpg
    #32 8 years ago

Someone needs to step up and help BNL / pineo finish this machine. :hint hint:
    I'd Vt'r myself ... but the REALITY is I have my own epic project I need to work on.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

very awesome CGI here!

What? this is nothing more than chromakey...Pretty simple your local weather guy/gal uses it everyday many times....
    I like the video...Well, done...not sure if I like the blur effect used as my eye keeps getting drawn to it in the shoot changes. Well done!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from pineo:

But I got to help with the Arcade part of the video shoot

I hope for your sake it was during the costume change.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from pineo:

But I got to help with the Arcade part of the video shoot.

IMAG0766.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    IMAG0751.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I am just curious about the girl in the video. Is she a family member of one of the band members or is she like a professional actor? Im just interested how they find people to act in these music video's. She did a great job.

#36 8 years ago

Wow awesome video

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Someone needs to step up and help BNL / pineo finish this machine. :hint hint:
    I'd Vt'r myself ... but the REALITY is I have my own epic project I need to work on.

Yea, I have my own re theam project and resorations on my own pins that never seem to get done and then I knock this out in record time, but then again I have my 2 milliseconds of fame now!

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I like the video...Well, done...not sure if I like the blur effect used as my eye keeps getting drawn to it in the shoot changes. Well done!

That was all Rooster Teeth I'm just the pin guy

Quoted from Darcy:

I hope for your sake it was during the costume change.

In my dreams!

Quoted from ronlisa:

I am just curious about the girl in the video. Is she a family member of one of the band members or is she like a professional actor? Im just interested how they find people to act in these music video's. She did a great job.

I had the same question, she is an actress, the director has used her before and likes her work.

IMAG0748.jpgIMAG0748.jpg IMAG0773.jpgIMAG0773.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-barenaked-ladies-video-wpinball-say-what-your-want and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.