Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crashnburn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    12642894_1083446138367126_373738810656733620_n_(resized).jpg
    TnT1.jpg
    TnT2.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I noticed a sign in downtown Mount Prospect, IL where Ye Old Town Inn use to be at 18 W Busse Ave. There is a new barcade opening up this fall. I can not wait.

TnT2.jpgTnT2.jpg

TnT1.jpgTnT1.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Is it Ankards or Tankards and what is that?

#4 8 years ago

I've been following this for a few months.. I remember going to ye olde town inn as a kid. I remember they had lotto video games in the bar. My dad liked going there because they'd have free wings night.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is it Ankards or Tankards and what is that?

Not gonna win typography of the year with that wordmark, that's for sure. Doubling up the T as the sword works, but man, stick the & after Tokens, that's just way too difficult for people to read.

#6 8 years ago

Yeah I can imagine that work would better.

5 months later
    #7 8 years ago

Per there facebook page.

Tokens & Tankards

Ladies and gentlemen, the big day is nearly upon us! On Saturday 2/20 and Sunday 2/21, we will be, at long last, opening our doors to the public. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited. We will be seating guests in the following timeslots each day: 6:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:00 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:00 PM, 8:30 PM. To book your seats now, while they last, send an email with your name, your guest's names and your phone number. Only four guests will be allowed per reservation, as seats are limited. If you have a preferred timeslot and/or group of folks you'd like to be seated with, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
    Email [email protected] to book your slot now, while they last!

12642894_1083446138367126_373738810656733620_n_(resized).jpg12642894_1083446138367126_373738810656733620_n_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Fixed sitting times does not seem like a good business idea out side of opening days and what if some just wants to play games and not be forced to buy food / drinks?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Fixed sitting times does not seem like a good business idea out side of opening days and what if some just wants to play games and not be forced to buy food / drinks?

Exactly what I was thinking, so you can't just stop by and have a couple of beers and play some pinball?

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Exactly what I was thinking, so you can't just stop by and have a couple of beers and play some pinball?

Also living really close I just want to drop in and play some games there.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Every new restaurant does this during the first week, Level 257 did the same thing (I can pull up old emails).

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Every new restaurant does this during the first week, Level 257 did the same thing (I can pull up old emails).

The new emporium and the 2th emporium just opened and let people come to just play games.

#13 8 years ago

I believe this is only for the first weekend it is open.

#14 8 years ago

The owners of this bar are very passionate about what they will be bringing to the burbs. It is in a nice central location and the plans for this bar are pretty cool. I would encourage everyone to check them out at some point if an opening isn't your thing. Its great to see games being offered in the burbs more specifically the northern part. Best of luck to these guys, I know I will be a regular.

#15 8 years ago

My brother lives in Des Plaines, so I'll be there whenever I'm up that way visiting,

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

The owners of this bar are very passionate about what they will be bringing to the burbs. It is in a nice central location and the plans for this bar are pretty cool. I would encourage everyone to check them out at some point if an opening isn't your thing. Its great to see games being offered in the burbs more specifically the northern part. Best of luck to these guys, I know I will be a regular.

whom are the people doing this? Assuming they are pinsiders if they are big collectors with pins/ passionate.

#18 8 years ago

restaurant's location near the Metra station. Will limit parking at times but after 5-6 week days there should be no limits.

1 week later
    #19 8 years ago

They have TAF, HH, gorgar and this

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#20 8 years ago

what happened to dungeons and dragons they showed that on Facebook?

#21 8 years ago

They just messaged me on FB. Here is what they have:

HH
    Sorcerer
    TAF
    Gorgar
    D & D
    Prototype Hobbit

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what happened to dungeons and dragons they showed that on Facebook?

They have D and D as well

#23 8 years ago

Got a mini review from a buddy who was able to make it over there last weekend. In short, he said, "Half the games weren't working".

I've heard of rough starts, but this is bad.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Got a mini review from a buddy who was able to make it over there last weekend. In short, he said, "Half the games weren't working".
    I've heard of rough starts, but this is bad.

I can tell you it was not half, there were 4 arcades in the corner that were "out of order". I played all 5 pins, and they were in great shape

#25 8 years ago

That's what I was hoping. He saw a grouping of games out of order, and immediately it's, "half" aren't working.

Kind of like when people wait over an hour to ride a rollercoaster. When they tell their friends about it, it magically becomes a "three hour wait". Some people just do not fear hyperbole.

1 week later
    #26 8 years ago

I was there on Saturday playing the pins. HH was out of order and about five or so arcade games were also out. Gorgar was running a little slower than I like and the left flipper was a little weak. The rest of the pins were all fine and playing well.

I sat down and played some board games with a friend and ordered the Bangers and Mash. The food was good but you would think that when you say Bangers, you would get two sausages but there was only one. Overall I had a good time and will be back for more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-barcade-opening-in-il and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.