orig and cpr power off (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9ECAAF80-F362-49E8-AB9D-20F307F42AE6 (resized).jpeg
96A9DDF8-D0A0-40FE-B336-DDA0F701AF62 (resized).jpeg
5FA63AAC-DCCD-41D8-979B-146DCE8883B1 (resized).jpeg
36E3D58E-DDC2-48E3-90C8-2B6A75E482F8 (resized).jpeg
3D2AEF61-5AAD-4E37-84C1-0C1100B71C4B (resized).jpeg
7A3F9716-A8F5-4155-89AE-4B2CB80A1C9A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8DCAF874-2477-4237-890E-00A3B286C496 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
934AC41A-5F45-40AE-ADEC-F0A94D32C3FA (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
1C097D4D-28BF-4652-A217-62B6397169D2 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8753D61E-BA59-449B-AA77-28E45C262CBF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Good place to buy the lift channel and trim if I pull the trigger on a Meteor glass?

Jeff Warrick? [email protected] He used to make/sell them, not sure if he still does.

#15 5 years ago

Went on CPR web page for Meteor but cannot find gallery link, weird.

#19 5 years ago

At the end of the description it says (see gallery pic) They used to have a gallery tab and showed pics of most of their PF's plastics.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Oh, yeah, I think they're actually talking about the third image down on the left hand side. It's a black and grey image that shows the mirrored areas.

I have a NOS put away but it has some separation on the center. I may be from age or it was a reject never used in a production game. It has red score display windows also. That's still a mystery to me but I think it will look cool when ever I can get the resto finished. I think I will still get the CPR anyway.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's a prelim artwork - it's missing the 'High Score To Date' lamp mask cutout. But other than that, I do like the red displays.

Thanks Mike, now I'm wondering if I should use it in the game or for wall art.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hell, if it's in good condition, why not? Protect it, so it doesn't get damaged or flaky!

Like I said earlier it does have some flaws. It's been in storage for the last 8 months so I don't remember the extent of it. Will post pics once I have it out.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Lol thanks, but it was the TAF one I wanted to see installed on someone's pin, not BOP.

Sorry, I meant the for @Durzel

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Sorry, I meant the for @Durzel

Actually @sealawyer dammit I'm so confused LOL.

1 week later
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Do you just need to buy and fit the lift channel for these then? You don't need to put plastic trim around it?

Typically Stern used a white plastic trim around the backglass. White is hard to find and black looks much better and is cheap. Put on the black trim to protect the edges of the glass and to the glass from rubbing inside the backbox. When installing the lift channel, fold over some electrical tape on the bottom edge about 5 inches from each end. Keep layering the tape until it's thick enough to keep the channel from falling off. Don't use too much where you need to use excessive force to install the channel. It usually takes about 3 layers of tape. This is how it was done at the factory for Bally and Stern.

#80 5 years ago

I ordered my CPR Meteor glass, standard. After paying, I had second thoughts on getting the red but the standard was shipped the same day and was too late. CPR says the red one is rare but I have an NOS red that I was going to use until I found out that it's missing a window for HSTD? I have to verify as it's been in storage and I don't have access to it at the moment. Did anyone get a red and install it yet? Did CPR leave the window out as original? Does the score display glow brightly through the red window?

#81 5 years ago

BTW, that's a CPR F2K glass in my avatar. Very nice, almost perfect repro. This one was from the 2010ish run.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Our red version is made identical on the back to the standard version - except we have the press print the red tint over the score windows, as an added step at the end.
Yes, the original red version doesn't have "High Score To Date" knocked out of the lightblock backside. But ours does. So in other words, our glass is a drop-in choice for *any* Meteor owners. Those who wanted to go in the "red direction" because they simply liked the look, OR because they own a bona fide "red" build of the game from very early in production. Their early backbox won't have a "High Score To Date" bulb behind the glass... therefore it will never light up to show itself.
So both bases are covered with our repro's. Hope this helps.

Nice! I can't wait to get started on my Meteor resto!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Yep, took my original down to verify and it's not a decal.... the credits lettering is factory mirroring. Interesting to see the different revisions out there, although I'm not an obsessive to that extent.
To Leveeger up above: there were differences in my photography between the two. I can assure you that the colours are not washed out in the reproduction; they are very bright and vibrant. They sections are, however, a bit blurry and not well defined. The well defined edges of the original silkscreening are not present in the reproduction, although this issue is only noticeable when close to the product. Standing in the player's position everything is quite good. Yes, the technology will improve over time and it's already pretty close... but the result obtained by silkscreening the originals will never be perfectly reproduced unless by silkscreening.
A fellow pinsider created a thread not long ago looking for credit decals, but there were no replies. I bumped it again, perhaps others will chime in or someone who makes decals will reply. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-early-ss-credit-display-decal

I will ask the guy in Australia to make the credit decal. Pinball Rescue. I was the one that got them to repro Meteor plastics a while back. They make a nice Stern credit decal for the coin door, I can't see why they wouldn't make one for the backglass. BTW, I received my Meteor glass yesterday. The colors pop, love it. My original is in storage so I can't compare them side by side but if it's not as sharp as original, that's just being anal at this point. I'm glad there's an option to by a glass for a game that almost always has a trashed glass. And for any other repro glass for that matter, it's not like there's a ton of people making them. Especially for a game that has movie rights involved. Not being snarky here, just want to make people see that it's better to be thankful rather than to knit pick the repros.

#93 5 years ago

Email sent to Lee Feldwick for the decal. I will post his reply once received.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Email sent to Lee Feldwick for the decal. I will post his reply once received.

I heard back from Lee and he agreed to make the credit decals. He said he will start on them this week. If you didn't already know of Pinball Rescue, visit their site. pinballrescue.net

They have some pretty cool stuff and the quality and service are top notch.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

19 days since ordering TAF, and nothing yet...

Not even a tracking number? I ordered Meteor last week and was delivered Friday to NJ

2 weeks later
#131 5 years ago

Has anyone purchased this latest FG glass from CPR? I'm wondering if it's the same as the earlier one.

5 months later
#309 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I pulled out the F2000 back glass that I have... the OEM glass has a lighter touch to it.
The reproduction, going by your picture, has a heavy handed touch to it...
I guess it comes with the territory of not having OEM screens to work from.

What to you mean by lighter touch?

#310 4 years ago

The F2k in my avatar pic is a CPR glass from the 2010 rerun. I have a NOS packed away also so when I get a chance, I'll post some side by side pics. Overall I'm happy with the CPR.

7 months later
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Our red version is made identical on the back to the standard version - except we have the press print the red tint over the score windows, as an added step at the end.
Yes, the original red version doesn't have "High Score To Date" knocked out of the lightblock backside. But ours does. So in other words, our glass is a drop-in choice for *any* Meteor owners. Those who wanted to go in the "red direction" because they simply liked the look, OR because they own a bona fide "red" build of the game from very early in production. Their early backbox won't have a "High Score To Date" bulb behind the glass... therefore it will never light up to show itself.
So both bases are covered with our repro's. Hope this helps.

I finally dug out my NOS red score Meteor glass, it does have the HSTD window but it is in red and light does come through.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr?tu=lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.