orig and cpr power off (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9ECAAF80-F362-49E8-AB9D-20F307F42AE6 (resized).jpeg
96A9DDF8-D0A0-40FE-B336-DDA0F701AF62 (resized).jpeg
5FA63AAC-DCCD-41D8-979B-146DCE8883B1 (resized).jpeg
36E3D58E-DDC2-48E3-90C8-2B6A75E482F8 (resized).jpeg
3D2AEF61-5AAD-4E37-84C1-0C1100B71C4B (resized).jpeg
7A3F9716-A8F5-4155-89AE-4B2CB80A1C9A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8DCAF874-2477-4237-890E-00A3B286C496 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
934AC41A-5F45-40AE-ADEC-F0A94D32C3FA (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
1C097D4D-28BF-4652-A217-62B6397169D2 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8753D61E-BA59-449B-AA77-28E45C262CBF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I have a NOS put away but it has some separation on the center. I may be from age or it was a reject never used in a production game. It has red score display windows also. That's still a mystery to me but I think it will look cool when ever I can get the resto finished. I think I will still get the CPR anyway.

It's a prelim artwork - it's missing the 'High Score To Date' lamp mask cutout. But other than that, I do like the red displays.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Thanks Mike, now I'm wondering if I should use it in the game or for wall art.

Hell, if it's in good condition, why not? Protect it, so it doesn't get damaged or flaky!

1 week later
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Do you just need to buy and fit the lift channel for these then? You don't need to put plastic trim around it?

Correct.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Ok this contradicts what Coyote said. Think I'll wait for someone to buy and review it before I pull the trigger.

F2K is talking about the Meteor (Stern, late '70s), not TAF (early '90s).

While you do not *NEED* the side or top trim in the TAF - only the lift channel (bottom piece) - I personally WOULD put the sides and tops on, to help prevent the wood in the backbox from scraping up the edges of the backglass.

I'm assuming that your current TAF is missing the translight. If it *ISN'T*, then just take those pieces off your glass, roll up your existing translight and store it (to protect it!!) and then put the trim pieces onto your CPR glass.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would love a die hard look at all incandescent lighting on Addams glass.
So many Led's now.
Retro comet frosted are close, but still Led's.

Hell, give me one with just warm whites in it - without the color matching crap.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

After looking deeper after the review, I found most Meteors do have CREDITS in unremovable mirror, like the one in the review. Our donor-loaner's glass simply didn't. Likely the same reason it didn't have the white planet blob - another vendor, with another set of artwork. So we followed the loaner without batting an eye, as we've seen it on so many Sterns in the past anyway. Even me as a past & present owner of some. So it was intentionally left off due to that. Just wanted to distinguish it was an actual decision, not a miss or error. That's all.
My Lightning, Magic, and Star Gazer backglasses all had the clear decal with white lettering.

I was going to post and point out that my backglass has that 'cloud' and the 'CREDITS' screened on. (Not a decal).

I could really care less about the cloud, but would it be possible to custom order a glass with with mirrored 'CREDITS'? Pllleeeaaassee??

2 weeks later
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Mike,
Do you have an estimate when the Meteor playfields might go into production? Will CPR also be doing Meteor plastics sets?

Plastic sets are available now from .. I believe PinballRescue, down in AU.

4 weeks later
#157 4 years ago

Makes me wonder if all of the 'Meteor' backglasses that are missing the "CREDITS" label and that cloud under the credits window have this 'blue' in them instead of the green.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Mine has green and a friend of mine his does as well. Here are pictures of mine. I wish CPR would fix this issue, sounds like most have the green. They should also add the chromed "Credit" to the glass as well like the original.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if it wasn't a separate run. Maybe a mis-run or something, since it looks like the one Kevin posted (the one they used) is also missing the "CREDIT" text, and the white part of the cloud below the 'CREDIT' window.

Quoted from KevinCPR:

this is not as simple as grabbing spots and turning them green

I'm confused, though - since it looks like all the same color is off, couldn't you do a color replacement in Photoshop on that one color, and shift its hue? Rather than starting from scratch with a new scan? (Not meant to sound like a criticism. Honest question, 'cuz it's something I've done frequently in my photography.)

I can't say for others, but I would donate (read: pay a little more) than your asking price if I could get one in green, if it meant forcing a new run. Frankly, since noone else seems to be able to do mirroring, it's the only shot. While green isn't used in the gme anywhere else, I did look at my backglass, and I can see how it adds a little to the *richness* of the backglass. (At least, in my current lighting! Anyone else can argue with me, and be right, since their game isn't where mine is.)

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Guys, there’s just an ugly reality to screening—printers often took shortcuts. There’s nothing like eliminating a color to save time and money. Especially if the customer doesn’t notice or can’t afford delays caused by rejecting product. This might not be as common now, but back then it sure as hell was, no matter the product. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wish your replacement matched your original, but the idea this is shoddy workmanship by cpr is ridiculous

Again - this would be a possibility - IF THE CREDIT and CLOUD artowrk wasn't also missing. This version of the backglass isn't simply 'shoddy', it's a variant.

Who knows - maybe international? Maybe a run before the red silk-screened version? I doubt there's anyone alive now from the old Stern days that would even be able to remember.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I dont believe this is the case here as CPR has stated they had a NOS one to go off of. Also, do a Google search on this game and you will see that there appears to be two different versions of this glass. Just looked at IPDB and there is pictures that show the blue and green versions.

Three, now apparently -
#1 - The one most people seem to have: Greenish color ink, with 'CREDITS' on the window in mirror, and that small white cloud under the match.
#2 - The one with RED score windows, and no 'High Score To Date' mask. This version SEEMS to have the green, the 'CREDITS', and the small white cloud.
#3 - The one CPR reproed, which is without the green, white cloud, and 'CREDITS', but with the 'High Score To Date' mask.

1 week later
#229 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

CPR version seems to highlight the cooler colors (blues)

FTR, literally every glass I've seen posted seems to be this way to me. Including the TAF and TZ ones.

Considering Canada is frozen for over half the year, I figure it affects their color preferences.

(Disclaimer: I have a LOT of friends from the north. I always have to laugh at this time of year when I'm in the 70's and they're still getting snow. )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.