orig and cpr power off (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9ECAAF80-F362-49E8-AB9D-20F307F42AE6 (resized).jpeg
96A9DDF8-D0A0-40FE-B336-DDA0F701AF62 (resized).jpeg
5FA63AAC-DCCD-41D8-979B-146DCE8883B1 (resized).jpeg
36E3D58E-DDC2-48E3-90C8-2B6A75E482F8 (resized).jpeg
3D2AEF61-5AAD-4E37-84C1-0C1100B71C4B (resized).jpeg
7A3F9716-A8F5-4155-89AE-4B2CB80A1C9A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8DCAF874-2477-4237-890E-00A3B286C496 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
934AC41A-5F45-40AE-ADEC-F0A94D32C3FA (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
1C097D4D-28BF-4652-A217-62B6397169D2 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8753D61E-BA59-449B-AA77-28E45C262CBF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

What's the problem ?

I need more beer and help sanding my Meteor down. I'm just waiting for the playfields to be ready it's going to look Awesome with my New Blue Version back glass.

#202 4 years ago

I purchased and installed the TZ backglass and think it looks sweet. Very happy. I did not realize how washed out and faded the translite had become. Night and day difference. Sincere thanks to everyone at CPR, you are appreciated.

#203 4 years ago

Just checked tracking.
Get my Addams Thursday!

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I dont believe this is the case here as CPR has stated they had a NOS one to go off of. Also, do a Google search on this game and you will see that there appears to be two different versions of this glass. Just looked at IPDB and there is pictures that show the blue and green versions.

Three, now apparently -
#1 - The one most people seem to have: Greenish color ink, with 'CREDITS' on the window in mirror, and that small white cloud under the match.
#2 - The one with RED score windows, and no 'High Score To Date' mask. This version SEEMS to have the green, the 'CREDITS', and the small white cloud.
#3 - The one CPR reproed, which is without the green, white cloud, and 'CREDITS', but with the 'High Score To Date' mask.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just checked tracking.
Get my Addams Thursday!

Just ordered my Meteor, tracking says it will be here Tuesday.

#206 4 years ago

Got my Addam's Family yesterday... what a difference!

IMG_1617 (resized).jpgIMG_1617 (resized).jpg
#207 4 years ago

Wow night and day.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

We can easily do a Frontier glass or a Bad Cats glass (Stu tells me there are several versions of Bad Cats) and we will certainly do these if we can lay our hands on near perfect examples of either or all. If you have a Bad Cats or a Frontier that is near perfect just contact Stu via our Facebook page and we'll get it done!

I refuse to do the Zuckerborg collective... but I have a Bad Cats bg that might be a candidate? It's not perfect of course (else I wouldn't be in the market) but its defects should be easy to fix digitally - they're not even in the complext art, just solid color fills with a few retouchable straight lines.

If no better donor is forthcoming, let me know?

My girls and I put a lot of effort into restoring this game and it attracted a lot of accolades... the BG is the only thing left unaccounted for, would be nice to get a great one.

Untitled-1 copy (resized).jpgUntitled-1 copy (resized).jpg

20190424_232815 (resized).jpg20190424_232815 (resized).jpg

20190424_232836 (resized).jpg20190424_232836 (resized).jpg

20190424_232808 (resized).jpg20190424_232808 (resized).jpg

20190424_232823 (resized).jpg20190424_232823 (resized).jpg

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

If no better donor is forthcoming, let me know?

Stu *is* on the hunt for a great specimen. Will certainly keep you in mind...

BUT, there is more to the hunt than meets the eye...

According to lore, Python had more than one (possibly couple) versions of this backglass artwork. The story is, his "naughtiness" in the artwork was removed for the production glass, as Williams wouldn't allow it.

Legend has it that there was a condom in one of the versions, that was removed. Naughty indeed.

So the question is - is the preference that we stick to stock? Or would it be better to hunt longer and repro one of those rare naughty ones, if one could be found?

This is, after all, Python stuff. What do Python fans say?

#210 4 years ago

For myself, I find the condom gag pretty funny. Heck, the animated girl has a hidden tramp stamp too, so it fits.

OTOH, Bad Cats is revered as an irreverent, original "all ages family friendly" theme and like it or not, condoms don't fly in that realm.

But let me ask, why do we have to pick? I thought the beauty of your new process was "print to order"? It seems like it should be easy to take one good Bad Cats scan then add or subtract the condom (and other nearby trash fill) as necessary. BAM! Both (Thrith, Quadth?) versions. Folks pick which one they want at order, you print the appropriate file...

wnb (resized).jpgwnb (resized).jpg

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Stu *is* on the hunt for a great specimen. Will certainly keep you in mind...
BUT, there is more to the hunt than meets the eye...
According to lore, Python had more than one (possibly couple) versions of this backglass artwork. The story is, his "naughtiness" in the artwork was removed for the production glass, as Williams wouldn't allow it.
Legend has it that there was a condom in one of the versions, that was removed. Naughty indeed.
So the question is - is the preference that we stick to stock? Or would it be better to hunt longer and repro one of those rare naughty ones, if one could be found?
This is, after all, Python stuff. What do Python fans say?

I think it would be awesome if you can make the naughty version.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Kinda really want to know if IJ backglasses will be back in stock. Over 13k made, heavy sales numbers there.

+1

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But let me ask, why do we have to pick? I thought the beauty of your new process was "print to order"?

It could work that way, certainly. But that is the question. Do we begin the hunt for the rare one or the stock one, or both? If the layout is done in a way that it's add/subtract naughtiness (and no other version/layout changes), then yes possibly everything we need might be found on one glass. So demand for the naughty version has to be considered of even being worth the hunt or not.

A decent stock one could be lined up with a donor immediately. The naughty version is a different story. That's going to take some hunting, and some glasses took us year(s), let alone to find a donor willing to part with theirs for a few weeks to take a trip to the Arizona cruze studio.

#214 4 years ago

IIRC the difference in the "naughty" version was just a few pieces of trash on the ground around the garbage can. One was obviously Mr. Prophylactic, but the difference was essentially a cut / paste of other elements. Would be easy to do using either version as a starting point.

Given a choice I'd probably go for the "naughty" version and just not say anything, wait to see who clutches their pearls first

But I would also take the first version available, the difference is not worth holding out for to me.

Let me know if I can help.

#215 4 years ago

Original glass is .125 inches, repro is .160 trim is .120 with the notch for the translite, the trim is very tight on the original glass.

Quoted from metahugh:

How thick is your original glass? How wide is the lift channel?
I have two sheets of translite glass and they both measure just about the same at 0.128” thick.
[quoted image][quoted image]
The inside of my channel is 0.153” in width.
[quoted image]
It sounds like you either have the wrong lift channel or are comparing the wrong thickness glass.

20190425_200436 (resized).jpg20190425_200436 (resized).jpg20190425_200602 (resized).jpg20190425_200602 (resized).jpg20190425_200719 (resized).jpg20190425_200719 (resized).jpg

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Original glass is .125 inches, repro is .160 trim is .120 with the notch for the translite, the trim is very tight on the original glass.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So our glasses are basically the same thickness but my lift channel is wider than yours. I am using trim I bought from Pinball Life within the past couple of years.

The trim on mine wouldn’t stay on the CPR glass without the grip tape.

#217 4 years ago

Received and Installed my Indy Backglass -- Love it!

Old and Busted:

5J5A9929 (resized).JPG5J5A9929 (resized).JPG

New Hottness:

5J5A9938 (resized).JPG5J5A9938 (resized).JPG

5J5A9945 (resized).JPG5J5A9945 (resized).JPG

Thanks CPR! Hopefully Paragon looks just as good.

#218 4 years ago

So the trim you had on your TAF must have been very loose before you swapped it over to the thicker glass. Mine is the original glass trim so it's definately not wide enough to fit the new glass. Now to figure out which trim to order. Because the new trim I ordered was the same as the old. Guessing I will have to go with a WPC95 trim since that should be thicker because of the lightboxes on those machines.

Quoted from metahugh:

So our glasses are basically the same thickness but my lift channel is wider than yours. I am using trim I bought from Pinball Life within the past couple of years.
The trim on mine wouldn’t stay on the CPR glass without the grip tape.

#219 4 years ago

Pretty pleased with my new CPR Mata Hari backglass. My original one was, well, flaking and peeling just a bit.

I put a color-changing LED behind the chandelier (I like the effect and it's easily revertible). The picture of the CPR lit and installed caught it as it was turning red.

IMG_6555.JPGIMG_6555.JPGIMG_6569.JPGIMG_6569.JPGIMG_6613.JPGIMG_6613.JPG
#220 4 years ago

Way better than your old one, no doubt. But are the greens blue? The Bally, high score and ball in play look more blue than the original or is that the LEDs making it look that way?

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Way better than your old one, no doubt. But are the greens blue? The Bally, high score and ball in play look more blue than the original or is that the LEDs making it look that way?

It's the LEDs. I put green LEDs behind the HS and BIP originally but it was too much green...the lettering got very washed out. With white LEDs, it does look blue-ish and while in the photo above it looks like the lettering is also slightly washed out, it's very crisp in person. When I put in warm whites it goes back to more green-ish, but I actually prefer the blue hue. I also put in a green LED behind "Bally" and I think that turned out nice for my taste.

Speaking of taste - I put in blue LEDs under the playfield for the 5X arrows to shine thru the white insert. There are so many white inserts on the playfield already for all the bonus scores that when you hit that fairly-hard-to-get 5X multiplier, its white insert kind of gets lost in the mix. And since 2X and 3X have their own individual colors (green and yellow respectively), I thought the 5X should stand out on its own. And I thought blue would look cool.

I also put a color changing LED for the credit light on the apron. Purists won't like it, but the great thing about lights is that you can change it back in a few minutes if you ever sell the machine.
LEDs.JPGLEDs.JPG

#222 4 years ago

Goingincirclez your glass pic on top my Nos glass on bottom notice the fade all originals ive seen are faded.

114E001D-B330-4E71-8287-EC92A378F484 (resized).jpeg114E001D-B330-4E71-8287-EC92A378F484 (resized).jpegC9D3182D-C3A0-44EE-9A4D-4A9C0F266F0C (resized).jpegC9D3182D-C3A0-44EE-9A4D-4A9C0F266F0C (resized).jpeg

#223 4 years ago

Color changing on the credit bulb is a cool touch I hadn't though of before. Pretty slick!

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Only if their process has changed dramatically. I bought a Paragon glass from them a few years ago and couldn't have been more disappointed. The colors were way off and like many of their CMYK glasses, everything was pretty muddy. This is on top of the fact the glass was too short and wouldn't even latch into the backbox (top edge of glass was lower than bottom of backbox channel). Whole thing was a complete disaster.

I ended up contacting BGrepro and they sent me a Paragon glass that looks AMAZING! Couldn't be happier. Those guys tend to fall off the earth for stretches, but the product was outstanding.

All this said, I have bought many CPR products that are great. Spot color backglasses are night and day different than their CMYK in terms of final quality. Spot color (like Strikes and Spares and Solar Fire) are sweet. And I've bought many plastics and playfields. However, I'll never buy another CMYK backglass from them, unless somehow they *actually* figure out how to accurately recreate them.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Only if their process has changed dramatically.

It has, their old products have no relevance to what they're doing now.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It has, their old products have no relevance to what they're doing now.

I guess you probably need to find out if you are buying old stock or not.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Received and Installed my Indy Backglass -- Love it!
Old and Busted:
[quoted image]
New Hottness:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That IJ glass looks AMAZING!!! I'm so happy with my TAF, I'll be buying one for my AFMrLE that gets delivered next week. If they made one for T2 and AC/DC, I'd buy those too.

#228 4 years ago

Paragon Comparison Day -- I know everyone is on the edge of their seat.

Right off I will say there are differences. The CPR version seems to highlight the cooler colors (blues) while the original has more pronounced reds/browns. The original also has "Credit" in the credit window and CPR's does not. Here is a side by side laying flat on a table in the shop lighting.

5J5A9992 (resized).JPG5J5A9992 (resized).JPG

The next three pictures are the original in the game with 1. the game off, 2. game on with shop lights on, and 3. game on with shop lights off.

5J5A9993 (resized).JPG5J5A9993 (resized).JPG5J5A9984A (resized).JPG5J5A9984A (resized).JPG5J5A9985 (resized).JPG5J5A9985 (resized).JPG

The next three pictures are CPR in the same order (game off, game on/shop lights on, game on/shop lights off).

5J5A9995A (resized).JPG5J5A9995A (resized).JPG5J5A9996A (resized).JPG5J5A9996A (resized).JPG5J5A9997A (resized).JPG5J5A9997A (resized).JPG

My in person eyeball's opinion is mixed. I would prefer the replacement capture some of the warmth that the original has. I do not know how to explain it but the CPR glass actually looks better in the game than it does flat on the table. It looks very nice in normal lighting but when the lights are off there is less "shading" on the CPR glass. While I feel there is definitely something missing from CPR's version I will be content with what they provided. Since taking pictures several more chunks of art fell away from my original -- perhaps at some point I may consider sending it off to BGResto to see what they can do. For now I will thank CPR for providing an alternative to my compromised glass. Your work really is well done and I probably would never know a difference without placing the two glasses side by side. Don't ever stop tweaking for perfection though!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

CPR version seems to highlight the cooler colors (blues)

FTR, literally every glass I've seen posted seems to be this way to me. Including the TAF and TZ ones.

Considering Canada is frozen for over half the year, I figure it affects their color preferences.

(Disclaimer: I have a LOT of friends from the north. I always have to laugh at this time of year when I'm in the 70's and they're still getting snow. )

#230 4 years ago

You got that right.

QSS

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Since taking pictures several more chunks of art fell away from my original -- perhaps at some point I may consider sending it off to BGResto to see what they can do.

FYI, BGResto is a great option. But he does not actually restore your original glass. He provides a reproduction which is basically a translite sandwiched between pieces of glass.
I think I have seen a Paragon glass by BGResto and it was good, but I suspect that a new screened glass is probably better.
There may be some original paint/ink touchup/rework folks out there, but BGResto is not one.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Goingincirclez your glass pic on top my Nos glass on bottom notice the fade all originals ive seen are faded. [images]

Ah, you're right and while I'd noticed that before, I long forgot about those. What weird fading: it's obvious in the blocks but less in the other areas. Fooey. I'd say the blocks would be easy to correct, but then what other subtleties are shifted? Guess yours is a better donor then!

#233 4 years ago

I was hoping CPR would make a Riverboat Gambler Mirrored Backglass.
Wasnt Back to the Future available a month ago?

#234 4 years ago

Really need a mirrored Theatre of Magic backglass. Original translite just doesn’t cut it

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Really need a mirrored Theatre of Magic backglass. Original translite just doesn’t cut it

It’s blurry and it’s sucks !
Definitely need a mirrored version

#236 4 years ago

Picked up a mirrored Addams and it’s
So rich in color it’s stunning

80A54D2E-6650-4AA5-BAD1-25FE6F685EE7 (resized).jpeg80A54D2E-6650-4AA5-BAD1-25FE6F685EE7 (resized).jpeg
#237 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Picked up a mirrored Addams and it’s
So rich in color it’s stunning
[quoted image]

This Addams Backglass is Truly Stunning.

20190426_110105 (resized).jpg20190426_110105 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#238 4 years ago

The new glass arrived today! I’m happy to report it fits perfectly on my AFMrLE! (Took a wee bit of tapping with a rubber mallet to get the bottom channel on.)

This thing is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! A true work of art!!

I have only one tiny nit, which is that what shows up in white when lit is actually clear, making the internals of the light box visible through the lettering outline. I imagine this is also an issue on an original AFM, since it also used a light box mounted to the glass. Any suggestions for some sort of sheer diffuser material that still lets the brightness through without seeing bulbs and circuitry?

38E7EAB7-F440-42CF-9F7F-148C88550766 (resized).jpeg38E7EAB7-F440-42CF-9F7F-148C88550766 (resized).jpeg1911116C-F7C9-4481-98D4-833D4F443CF8 (resized).jpeg1911116C-F7C9-4481-98D4-833D4F443CF8 (resized).jpeg060E7BFF-90BC-42C8-A8DE-FCD0CF2C19AE (resized).jpeg060E7BFF-90BC-42C8-A8DE-FCD0CF2C19AE (resized).jpeg2E253D8D-F934-4D23-B4DC-33B8D09E7A81 (resized).jpeg2E253D8D-F934-4D23-B4DC-33B8D09E7A81 (resized).jpeg
#239 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

which is that what shows up in white when lit is actually clear, making the internals of the light box visible through the lettering outline

It's supposed be be clear (not white), as per the original translite, so the cpr backglass is correct

#240 4 years ago

Whens congo dropping. I got moneys to throw at it

#241 4 years ago

Does anybody have pictures of a STTNG backglass installed in the game? Both lights on and lights off would be great. Still trying to make a decision.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

It's supposed be be clear (not white), as per the original translite, so the cpr backglass is correct

I see. On the remake translite, there is no clear portion. It's a mirrored outline on the translite.

#243 4 years ago

Any plans to do a Harlem Globetrotters backglass?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

On the remake translite, there is no clear portion

that may be true, I have never seen the remake version, however, the cpr backglass is listed as Attack From Mars, it's not listed as AFMrLE. maybe you should have check for differences between the 2 prior to buying it? not trying to be difficult here, but again, what cpr is selling is correct for what they advertised it as.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

... making the internals of the light box visible through the lettering outline. ...

My MMr light tub is a simple line of LEDs. Original WPC-95 light tubs are (probably) carefully placed lamp holders.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

My MMr light tub is a simple line of LEDs. Original WPC-95 light tubs are (probably) carefully placed lamp holders.

Probably right. Or even light tubes. It’s all good. I’m sure I can find something to diffuse it. And if I can’t, it’s still frikkin’ gorgeous!

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

They probably are. The only other tub style machine that I'm familiar with is my NGG. It has lamp sockets.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Probably right. Or even light tubes. It’s all good. I’m sure I can find something to diffuse it. And if I can’t, it’s still frikkin’ gorgeous!

I've bought 5 of the new mirrored blackglasses from CPR. All of them are absolutely gorgeous.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

It could work that way, certainly. But that is the question. Do we begin the hunt for the rare one or the stock one, or both? If the layout is done in a way that it's add/subtract naughtiness (and no other version/layout changes), then yes possibly everything we need might be found on one glass. So demand for the naughty version has to be considered of even being worth the hunt or not.
A decent stock one could be lined up with a donor immediately. The naughty version is a different story. That's going to take some hunting, and some glasses took us year(s), let alone to find a donor willing to part with theirs for a few weeks to take a trip to the Arizona cruze studio.

Dann Frank had at least 3 of the 4 variations of the Bad Cats Backglass. Not sure if he still does.

I forget all the variations but did personally see 3 distinct glasses in person about 9 years ago or so

Differences were the game title mirrored, in solid black and in orange/black stripes.
At least 1 of them had the roof tiles and brick outlines printed on the front rather than a light effect from behind.
Then there is the snake head instead of Python's head.
Some of these can be seen on the flyer.
I don't recall seeing the rumored condom by the garbage can.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Dann Frank had at least 3 of the 4 variations of the Bad Cats Backglass. Not sure if he still does.
I forget all the variations but did personally see 3 distinct glasses in person about 9 years ago or so
Differences were the game title mirrored, in solid black and in orange/black stripes.
At least 1 of them had the roof tiles and brick outlines printed on the front rather than a light effect from behind.
Then there is the snake head instead of Python's head.
Some of these can be seen on the flyer.
I don't recall seeing the rumored condom by the garbage can.

quick search turned up the condom backglass
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-backglass-weirdness-prototype
so between production, the scraggly python/condom one and the one on the flyer there are 3, but I still believe Dann had a 4th variation with the bricks on the buildings.

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr/page/5?hl=whitenoise3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.