orig and cpr power off (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9ECAAF80-F362-49E8-AB9D-20F307F42AE6 (resized).jpeg
96A9DDF8-D0A0-40FE-B336-DDA0F701AF62 (resized).jpeg
5FA63AAC-DCCD-41D8-979B-146DCE8883B1 (resized).jpeg
36E3D58E-DDC2-48E3-90C8-2B6A75E482F8 (resized).jpeg
3D2AEF61-5AAD-4E37-84C1-0C1100B71C4B (resized).jpeg
7A3F9716-A8F5-4155-89AE-4B2CB80A1C9A (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8DCAF874-2477-4237-890E-00A3B286C496 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
934AC41A-5F45-40AE-ADEC-F0A94D32C3FA (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
1C097D4D-28BF-4652-A217-62B6397169D2 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
8753D61E-BA59-449B-AA77-28E45C262CBF (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 5 years ago

This weekend we added;

Mata Hari
Lost World
Space Shuttle with mirror
Meteor with all its fantastic mirroring

We also think we nailed down the translite to Backglass and have even added mirroring options as well!!

Twilight Zone (2 versions)
Attack from Mars
The Addams Family (3 Versions)

Thanks
Mike
www.ClassicPlayfields.com

MH (resized).pngMH (resized).pngLW (resized).pngLW (resized).pngAFM backglass (resized).pngAFM backglass (resized).pngTAF backglass (resized).pngTAF backglass (resized).pngTZ backglass (resized).pngTZ backglass (resized).pngToTAN Backglass (resized).pngToTAN Backglass (resized).png

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Meteor with all its fantastic mirroring

Yes!

#3 5 years ago

SON OF A.... I JUST bought a piece of crap TZ repro translite. arrrggh. Would love to see the mirroring in real life!

#4 5 years ago

Any chance of Stern Stars in the future?

#5 5 years ago

Meteor Glass looks sweet, Now show some more classic Williams love any chance Pharaoh?? Or translite to back glass for Space Station?!

#6 5 years ago

Love to see more of the Ultra High Speed with full Mirror. Any chance of restocking soon?
Thanks

#7 5 years ago

For TAF, does it use the original channels for mounting or does it come with channels so it can be inserted into the machine. I am very interested!

#8 5 years ago

I will second the request for a Stern Stars mirrored backglass, I need one!

#9 5 years ago

Ordered a Meteor. I've never seen an original that wasn't roached or starting to let go. Trying to find a decent one has been next to impossible... BGResto doesn't do mirroring and I didn't want to order from the Netherlands.

#10 5 years ago

Wow this is amazing. Would love to see one of new conversions in person. CPR doesn't typically have a booth at TPF right? Would love to see one there if it's possible.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I will second the request for a Stern Stars mirrored backglass, I need one!

I third that emotion! Need Stars!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from JAG94:

For TAF, does it use the original channels for mounting or does it come with channels so it can be inserted into the machine. I am very interested!

Would also like to know the answer to this.

Would need to know what I would have to do to fit this to a regular TAF. Do you have to buy and fit anything extra to be able to put it in the machine? (e.g. the lip at the bottom so you can lift it out, etc)

#13 5 years ago

Good place to buy the lift channel and trim if I pull the trigger on a Meteor glass?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Good place to buy the lift channel and trim if I pull the trigger on a Meteor glass?

Jeff Warrick? [email protected] He used to make/sell them, not sure if he still does.

#15 5 years ago

Went on CPR web page for Meteor but cannot find gallery link, weird.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Went on CPR web page for Meteor but cannot find gallery link, weird.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/meteor-glass/, click on the images on the left hand side.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

CPR doesn't typically have a booth at TPF right? Would love to see one there if it's possible.

Starship-Fantasy carries CPR products at TPF.

#18 5 years ago

Very Kool, gotta like the new mirrored backglasses that will be available.

Congrats CPR !

#19 5 years ago

At the end of the description it says (see gallery pic) They used to have a gallery tab and showed pics of most of their PF's plastics.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

At the end of the description it says (see gallery pic) They used to have a gallery tab and showed pics of most of their PF's plastics.

Oh, yeah, I think they're actually talking about the third image down on the left hand side. It's a black and grey image that shows the mirrored areas.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Oh, yeah, I think they're actually talking about the third image down on the left hand side. It's a black and grey image that shows the mirrored areas.

I have a NOS put away but it has some separation on the center. I may be from age or it was a reject never used in a production game. It has red score display windows also. That's still a mystery to me but I think it will look cool when ever I can get the resto finished. I think I will still get the CPR anyway.

#22 5 years ago

Can't wait to see a Meteor in Person.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I have a NOS put away but it has some separation on the center. I may be from age or it was a reject never used in a production game. It has red score display windows also. That's still a mystery to me but I think it will look cool when ever I can get the resto finished. I think I will still get the CPR anyway.

It's a prelim artwork - it's missing the 'High Score To Date' lamp mask cutout. But other than that, I do like the red displays.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's a prelim artwork - it's missing the 'High Score To Date' lamp mask cutout. But other than that, I do like the red displays.

Thanks Mike, now I'm wondering if I should use it in the game or for wall art.

#25 5 years ago

Hopefully someone can provide some feedback on these new Shuttle backglasses. I'd buy one just to put on the wall and save for a future machine if the mirroring is up to snuff, and there's not a giant blue cone in the exhaust. The blue might've been accurate to factory, but it looked terrible on that last screened run, and the mirroring on the glass I recieved was... I've seen better reflections off my dirty car. I sold that glass to someone that needed it, but I still want the backglass so...*fingers crossed*

#26 5 years ago

I ordered a TAF glass!! Can’t wait! Do a BOPP, please!!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Thanks Mike, now I'm wondering if I should use it in the game or for wall art.

Hell, if it's in good condition, why not? Protect it, so it doesn't get damaged or flaky!

#28 5 years ago

Looking forward to Bad Cats, and a Doctor Who and Dungeons and Dragons Translites to Glass production!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hell, if it's in good condition, why not? Protect it, so it doesn't get damaged or flaky!

Like I said earlier it does have some flaws. It's been in storage for the last 8 months so I don't remember the extent of it. Will post pics once I have it out.

#30 5 years ago

Is the translite to backglass process the same as Sterns current LE’s?

#31 5 years ago

I would like to see the new TZ backglass installed in a game. I imagine the mirroring would give it a cool effect. Its hard to imagine after all these years of playing it with a translite installed.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I ordered a TAF glass!! Can’t wait! Do a BOPP, please!!

Get a photo (or several) up once you get it installed please

#37 5 years ago

Lol thanks, but it was the TAF one I wanted to see installed on someone's pin, not BOP.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Lol thanks, but it was the TAF one I wanted to see installed on someone's pin, not BOP.

Call me reluctant, but really want to see TAF installed before I pull trigger on it.

#39 5 years ago

Those images just look like artwork files. Are there pictures of the *actual* backglasses anywhere on the site?

And what happened to their Gallery section?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Call me reluctant, but really want to see TAF installed before I pull trigger on it.

Same. For $280 I want to see multiple angle photos ideally with the game on and off. It's 2019, surely that's not too much to ask of a company selling a premium product?

#41 5 years ago

Been wanting a Lost World. Gave up on getting a response from BGresto and was leery of the Ebay translights

#42 5 years ago

For the TZ, does it have the little star cutouts like the translite has?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Sorry, I meant the for @Durzel

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Sorry, I meant the for @Durzel

Actually @sealawyer dammit I'm so confused LOL.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Those images just look like artwork files. Are there pictures of the *actual* backglasses anywhere on the site?

I'll take some and post them here when mine arrives next week.

#46 5 years ago

Received my Meteor backglass today. It's obvious that significant care and work went into the reproduction. I am very pleased with the mirroring and it's nice to have a backglass without the flakes and holes of my original, and I look forward to restoring my game in a way that will ensure durability for a long long time. I paid what I feel is a fair price for the reproduction, however, for purists, the backglass is not without flaws.

First of all, the masking and mirroring is perfect and crisp. Excellent work. Here is an image showing the reverse side of the new glass:
Reproduction reverseReproduction reverse

Below are images comparing the old and new glasses. These are taken with an iPhone 7+ rear camera under similar lighting conditions. I have tried to be as charitable as possible but keep in mind that the settings are not laboratory controlled and I'm not a photographer.

The black, white, and mirroring definitions are very crisp.

Original:
OriginalOriginal
Reproduction:
ReproductionReproduction

The reproduction is missing the word CREDIT in the credit display window.

Original:
OriginalOriginal
Reproduction:
ReproductionReproduction

The light sky blue does not appear to be a perfect match for the original hue, although it is beautiful and vibrant.

Original:
OriginalOriginal
Reproduction:
ReproductionReproduction

The colour printing is not solid colour screen-printed inks, rather, it uses a dithering process to achieve halftones, like a computer printer. This is a side effect of the printing technique, as these reproductions are not screen-rinted. It is noticeable when you put your nose to the glass, and it will upset people who are expecting a perfect reproduction of the original. From any sort of distance it is not noticeable. Although the black and white sections are crisp, the colour sections are not, and tend to fade softly between colour transitions. From a distance it is not very noticeable, however, when processing the artwork from scans the colour sections should have been vectorized and cleaned up better.

Original:
OriginalOriginal
Reproduction:
ReproductionReproduction

There is another difference which a purist will find glaring. The white cloud below the ball display window is missing from the CPR reproduction. I am uncertain if this could be attributed to different versions of the original, however, it does appear to be an error.

Original:
OriginalOriginal
Reproduction:
ReproductionReproduction

In conclusion, I am pleased with my purchase and this backglass is in much better shape than my original. This will make my game look so much better.

If you are looking for a 100% faithful reproduction of the original, CPR has not achieved that in this current batch. For a future "Gold" run, they should correct the missing credit text and cloud as well as improving the definition and transition from one colour to another. The dithering is an unavoidable side effect of the current printing method, but the other issues could be resolved with additional care.

I hope that people including the folks at CPR will find this review fair. CPR has done a very good job creating a reproduction that will meet the needs of most people, and will immensely improve the look and feel of many aging machines, but someone looking for a 100% perfect glass should continue looking for it on the old-stock market as this product does have flaws that will, well, bother the kinds of people bothered by this kind of thing. I hope this review helps you too.

Added over 5 years ago:

Updating this post as it is incomplete: I need to add some additional information, now that I've had some time to sit down and work on my Meteor. The dark green layer artwork of the original glass was misinterpreted as a dark navy blue. The green layer is the entire body of the main asteroid between the mirrored dots as well as the shading on the rockets, as well as some of the explosion. If you only ever light your glass from the front you may not notice, but when mounted on an illuminated backbox the difference is quite striking.

I have added a post later in this thread showing the differences: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr/page/3#post-4954736

Others have also noticed this discrepancy and have posted photos; it is not isolated to one glass. That thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-and-meteor-cpr-before-after

#47 5 years ago

Couldnt ask for a more detailed review. Really answers any questions I had. I will be ordering one as it does look good and as with many other originals looks great compared to a beat up original. Thanks.

#48 5 years ago

I bought a Bally Star Trek backglass an it looks great, but when lit up it is not as bright as my original one I have, so I was alittle disappointed with that. Other than that it looks good.

I also purchased a translite for my Bally Lost World and sandwiched it between 2 sheets of glass and it looks awesome. I have a post here somewhere on a review of that, if anyone is interested.

#49 5 years ago

Do you just need to buy and fit the lift channel for these then? You don't need to put plastic trim around it?

#50 5 years ago

The Meteor glass overall looks way better than I expected, especially around the mirroring.

Overall I think they did a real good job on that... will be getting one in future for my Meteor.

There are 421 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.