2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

matapic (resized).JPG
IMG_0595 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deverezieaux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all, pretty bummed out. I just finished installing the wood trim for my Mata Hari backglass which had been torn off by the last owner and went to mount the new backglass I ordered a couple months back. I left it in the box until I was ready to put it in so I wouldn't chip or scratch it. I pulled it out of the shipping box just now and it's all wrinkled and bubbled. The box was right next to my other pins and it doesn't get excessively hot or humid where they are, and I haven't had issues like this with them before. I'm hoping I can get a replacement from the vendor, but before I do I wanted to see if anyone knew what could cause this? It looks like shrink wrap that's peeling away. There are no chemicals, water or heat sources nearby, and the box is undamaged. I can only imagine that if this happened just sitting in the box, it would've happened after I installed it too. It came from a pretty well reputed provider that I've seen others recommend.

IMG_0595 (resized).jpgIMG_0595 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

They were very responsive, and are already working on sending me a new one. The guy actually said "Holy s***, that's the worst I've ever seen." I guess they get slight bubbling occasionally, but he hadn't seen it like that. They just asked that I smash the old one. This was from CPR, I didn't want to mention the name, but they were so responsive I feel they deserved a shout out for good customer service.

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

I thought I'd put a nice bow on this story and say the replacement backglass came today, and it looks excellent. The replacement frame I made fits it perfectly as well.

matapic (resized).JPGmatapic (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deverezieaux.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglass-bubbling-peeling?tu=deverezieaux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.