Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Donnyman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_5559.jpg
IMG_5560.jpg
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_5563.jpg
IMG_5553_(1).jpg

#1 9 years ago

Picked this up this weekend, Great shape and Cheap!

IMG_5553_(1).jpg IMG_5563.jpg IMG_0783.JPG // Error: Image 13448 not found // IMG_5560.jpg IMG_5559.jpg

#2 9 years ago

my head hurts.. it's pinball.. no wait.. it's a video game.. wait.. is that a tree with eyeballs.. so confused. But oddly drawn to this.

#3 9 years ago

nice find, what is with the eyeball tree? Is that a Canadian holiday tree?

#4 9 years ago

Pretty fun game...I enjoyed it back in the arcade days. Usually they are beat to hell. From the little I see, the overlay CP looks fantastic and the pf no wear. Looks to be in very good condition. I passed on one for $300, but it was in much worse shape than that. One sold this past weekend at the WS auction but it was beat all to crap.

#5 9 years ago

The playfield has the repro mylar complete decal overlay on it, so it looks new. The control panel overlay is a NOS one, not the repro, the repro has a bit different color. The tree was a pic I somehow got mixed in there from Halloween. It works 100%, I just had to clean and ground the boards in the Pac-man. It has new side-art decals and the monitor is even new. I paid about $400 for it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The tree was a pic I somehow got mixed in there from Halloween. It works 100%

Wait, the tree works 100%? just kidding. Good deal for $400, it is not my first choice but for 400 I would buy it for sure!

#7 9 years ago

I love unique stuff like this. Nice pick up!

#8 9 years ago

I remember playing that in the arcades and liking it. Back then, I was mostly into the video games but dropped quite a few quarters in that. Nice find!

#9 9 years ago

Pacman and pinball are both very popular in my house. For 400 bucks that would've been an instant buy for me. Very nice pickup.

#10 9 years ago

Great fun for the money love mine.
LED that thing and reduce heat under the pf...lots of lights there.

#11 9 years ago

Break out the Daisy Red Ryder, the tree is for the shooting gallery! All you need now is Mr and Mrs Pacman and you'll have the entire family.

#12 9 years ago

Wow, that really is in nice shape! An absolute steal for $400.

#13 9 years ago

I've never seen one before
let us know how it plays

#14 9 years ago

There was one at Expo this year that I thought was in really nice shape. This one is even nicer. Boston Pinball has an average price of $855. You got it for less than half. Well played indeed.

#15 9 years ago

I remember having a blast with the game at Showbiz pizza in the 80's. Not sure what time would do with that nostalgia, but I do love pinball..

You could complete the video game/pinball collection with Granny versus the gators. The only other 'video pin' I have heard of.

#16 9 years ago

It Plays really good for an older pin. The Pac-man part is nearly impossible if you don't directly play the pinball part first, and you have to play the pinball part well to speed up the side tunnel and add power pellets to the maze. The ghosts have no set pattern like other pacmans.

The captive ball adds pellets as you hit it from side to side. The drop targets add bonus points and eventually an extra man if you complete them enough times.

I really like it, I hear it is a Pain in the @$$ to maintain. But this one works perfectly after a few switch adjustments. I started adding Leds to the playfield too. So far its looking good , the only thing I may do is get a new piece of glass for the playfield. Other than that, its minty fresh!

It came with: New control panel overlay.
New playfield overlay.
New Bezel, and Marquee
New monitor
New sideart
New balls/rubbers
Manual and schematics, original keys.

Basically a full restoration was done, I really didn't have to anything to it, which is a first for me when buying locally.

#17 9 years ago

Hahahaha,
How did you manage to get my Halloween tree mixed up in your Baby Pac-Man photos???
Canadian holiday tree?!?
Priceless!
Do you need more sweet pics?
I'd be happy to share them with you!

IMG_0789.jpg

As for the thread...
Congrats on the pickup!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

I remember having a blast with the game at Showbiz pizza in the 80's.

Ditto. I think I had three birthday parties in a row at Showbiz. I loved that place!

#20 9 years ago

Looks really cool!!! Love it.

5 months later
#21 8 years ago

Wow! I had no idea this machine existed!! I have never seen or even heard of a hybrid pin/vid pac man before.
Erak, 6 months into ownership, how do you like it? Does it get played much? Do guests love it? Would you recommend other pinheads to buy one?

Edit: lol, it's only 6 months old! That's not bad at all, let's get an update and see if he likes the thing still

#22 8 years ago

$400 for that? It's in killer shape! Great buy. I'd be all over one for that price.

Edit: Oh Cam you made me reply to a necromanced thread.

#23 8 years ago

I loved the Baby Pac when it was originally in arcades, although it was very rare to see one.

I have had mine for several years, and still love it. I play it all the time. Tough game, pretty intense.

steve

#24 8 years ago

Nice find i would take thate or Granny and the Gators if the price is right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sunnyvale, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside