New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277551)

New Avengers vs Jurassic Park

By JMCFAN

33 days ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 33 days ago

Have a Avengers Prem on order....now looking at Jurassic Park..... thought...???

#2 33 days ago

Obviously none of of us have played avengers, but with the information we have it’s JP and it’s not close IMO

JP to me feels like Keiths masterpiece. It’s so refined and unique, every aspect of the game works perfectly with each other. The toys and shots make sense, and they are part of the world and the code. The animations are so above anything else stern has done, to me it just feels like this was a true labor of love for the company.

Avengers feels like a cool layout that was slapped with the avengers theme.

I would also take an IMDN over avengers, but I’m a fan of the music.

#3 33 days ago

Jurassic park seems like more fun every time I play it on location, it's a top pin for sure. But if you already have Avengers on order, I say go with your heart and get avengers. You must want Avengers of its already ordered. Nobody has played Avengers yet to give you a good opinion of play. But I bet Avengers is a very good playing Pin.

#4 33 days ago

I never really looked at JP.....but am now.....

#5 33 days ago

Had my JP pro for a month now. First I week wanted to sell it. Now I can't stop playing it. I Probably play 30 games on JP to every 1 on my IMDN.

#6 33 days ago

If I swap it will be for a Prem....

#7 33 days ago

JP is my favourite pin right now.
    Second is Maiden.
    So you can guess how I’m gonna feel about Avengers.
    Thing about Avengers is, it’s a dream theme for me...
    So only time will tell.
    This question can’t be answered other then, your getting Avngers?
    To answer your question.... You will be happy with JP, but maybe try to play it first?

#8 33 days ago

I wouldn't trade my JP Premium for an Avengers Premium straight up. JP is still the gold standard and Avengers IQ is the new kid on the block and still has to prove itself.

#9 33 days ago

Waaaaay too early to tell. Check back in 6 months.

#10 33 days ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't trade my JP Premium for an Avengers Premium straight up. JP is still the gold standard and Avengers IQ is the new kid on the block and still has to prove itself.

^^^^ This.

#11 33 days ago

I own IMDN and JP2. Without obviously playing AIQ yet I would currently rank KME's games IMDN > AIQ > JP2

JP2 is good game, but it gets old.

#12 33 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Kind of the way I felt as well. Solid game no doubt though.

#13 33 days ago

I think it's too early to make a decision maybe go with the theme you prefer.

#14 33 days ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think it's too early to make a decision maybe go with the theme you prefer.

Thats the problem... not sure....LOL

#15 32 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

They all do. I figured Maiden was a pin I would never sell but once I beat it, lasted 2 weeks.

#16 32 days ago

Have had JP since December - still trying to figure out all the rules
    Feels like there is just so much to shoot at in this game it has not gotten old for me.
    Animations and sound are also very good.

Avengers looks like it's going to be fun but JP still seems more unique to me.
    For some reason, Avengers doesn't feel like a must own title like JP did.
    That could change after I play it.

#17 32 days ago

I agree.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I figured Maiden was a pin I would never sell but once I beat it, lasted 2 weeks.

As in you beat the beast or you got to RTTH?

Anyway, look I love the original JP movie and dinos in general, but despite people arguing with me about this on here, JP2 is linear. Sure you can make a couple choices, but at the end of the day you trying to get to the visitors center. If you're a better player, your games are all going to feel very, very similar. Someone on here referred to JP2 as a board game, which initially I didn't really agree with, but now I kind of do. Again, I think it's a good game, just at this moment after owning it for several months now, if someone were to offer me an AIQ for JP2, I would take that trade.

#18 32 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I agree.

Anyway, look I love the original JP movie and dinos in general, but despite people arguing with me about this on here, JP2 is linear. Sure you can make a couple choices, but at the end of the day you trying to get to the visitors center. If you're a better player, your games are all going to feel very, very similar. Someone on here referred to JP2 as a board game, which initially I didn't really agree with, but now I kind of do. Again, I think it's a good game, just at this moment after owning it for several months now, if someone were to offer me an AIQ for JP2, I would take that trade.

Yes its linear in the sense that you are navigating a map to get from point a to point b. But you can navigate the map in multiple different ways (the coolest part of this game IMO) plus you have the control room modes, t rex events, raptor tri ball, and chaos multi ball to attack it in different ways.

#19 32 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

the Beast, but that was a very long game and after that I kinda knew it was done. I've sold games before beating them as well. When it gets feeling like chopping wood I know its time. Then again its been over a year and I'd like to play it again, might grab a used pro if it comes up and do it all over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 49.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 218.00
    $ 76.00
    $ 33.50
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    French Fry - LED Out of stock
    UpKick Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside