Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 11 years ago

Sounds like modes will be one hero vs another (Thor v. Hulk).

You can also hear some new voice call outs for some characters. The voice seemingly for Fury is jarring as its very different from SLJ.

#3 11 years ago

Early in the vid, the ball gets stuck under Hulk's arm. LOL.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Sounds like modes will be one hero vs another (Thor v. Hulk).

Interesting. Much better than hit the same shot that started the mode.

#5 11 years ago

what and why is that piece of plastic swinging when the ball go up the black widow ramps right in front of hulk at 1:18.

#6 11 years ago

Thor voice sounds good.

#7 11 years ago

I like how they show the high score initials "FUK" at the beginning.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

I like how they show the high score initials "FUK" at the beginning.

LOL...

#9 11 years ago

In the dots, Thor looks like an ugly chick !

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Early in the vid, the ball gets stuck under Hulk's arm. LOL.

Yep ! At least Hulk ditched it fast though....

or so it appeared... can anyone say editing....

#11 11 years ago

Seeing as how this pin is based on the MOVIE, and not a comic book or Kmart toy, the audio is F'ing terrible...

Callouts i am refering to..

If those are Marvel approved voice actors, then i think the dirctor of audio at Marvel should be fired !

The poor callouts are mind blowing...

How can Stern not get it....

They clearly have ZERO common sense, and pay absolutely no attention to the customer base...

#12 11 years ago

Wish they had done the game as a comic pin like xmen. I don't mind the PF layout (I like that its different from recent games) but I really can't stand the photoshop work and how the callouts don't match the movie

#13 11 years ago

Game looks good. Great to have another new pin out there.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what and why is that piece of plastic swinging when the ball go up the black widow ramps right in front of hulk at 1:18.

The LE ramp is all metal.. interesting. Some inserts are supposedly in different spots also. The LE has a few hidden differences that may add up to a much better experience.

#15 11 years ago

I'm totally fine with that Thor voice. And I like the vs. concept a lot.

#16 11 years ago

I like the video and the modes look fun. Thanks Stern for posting. Can't wait to play it someday.

#17 11 years ago

Watched this a couple of times and wondering if the ball getting stuck is part of the Hulk interaction and intentional. There is a section of the video showing what looks like the ball hanging up and it's while he's talking about interaction of the Hulk toy and the ball. Could be way off but wondering if that was supposed to be part of the game and the amount of time the balls hangs needs an adjustment or has an adjustment on the switch? The arms move so it seems like something easily tweaked in code. So wondering if it just needs tweaking...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Watched this a couple of times and wondering if the ball getting stuck is part of the Hulk interaction and intentional. There is a section of the video showing what looks like the ball hanging up and it's while he's talking about interaction of the Hulk toy and the ball. Could be way off but wondering if that was supposed to be part of the game and the amount of time the balls hangs needs an adjustment or has an adjustment on the switch? The arms move so it seems like something easily tweaked in code. So wondering if it just needs tweaking...

I am sure the sticking was NOT intentional at all...

Just another thing overlooked due to basicly NO testing.... again...

however it may be an easyish fix, with some code adjustment... great if it is...

but that stuff shoulda been hammered out LONG ago !

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I am sure the sticking was NOT intentional at all...
Just another thing overlooed due to basicaloly NO testing.... again...
however it may be an easyish fix, with some code adjustment... gret if it is...
but that stuff shoulda been hammered out LONG ago !

I think the amount of time it's sticking, is definitely not intentional. I'm just wondering if there is a switch under the flap or hulk himself that is supposed to trigger that movement and it needs adjusting or the code needs adjusting. It looks like it's in the video and it's during the part of the video where he talks about interaction with the figure and the ball. Could be way off it was just a thought.

#20 11 years ago

Potentialy true, but apparently for all reports so far, they are all built the same at the moment and all showing the issue at hand...

Hell Gomez went to game works and "fixed the game, challenged everyone to plat it now guys...

and whala.... same thing ! If GG cant properly fix his own game, then there might be an issue here.

the future looks a bit weak at the moment....

hope its an easy fix, asn hope they start fixing it at the factory, and dont hit us in the Sh&TTer, and leave it for all of us to fix on our own...

#21 11 years ago

This game seems like a slight step up for Stern. The cabinet, playfield and layout look nice with the exception of the cube (need to see in person).

I am on the fence about a Premium and will make up my mind once I play a dozen or so games.

What makes me laugh are the comments made on this forum. It seems Stern can't win, no matter what they do. Everyone wants the next title to come out as fast as possible and when it does, people are mad. Every machine I have ever played has area that a ball catches some time. We are now Stern's testing department and our input will get things fixed.

Enjoy it, it's only a game.

#22 11 years ago

Really? Holla, whala!

If you are going to carpet bomb us with this mess, do it with style. Voila.

#23 11 years ago

Who is Viola ? : )

#24 11 years ago

Wizard mode...?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Really? Holla, whala!
If you are going to carpet bomb us with this mess, do it with style. Voila.

you are soooo right, it is viola...

I stepped right on my RICHARD. LOL

and i guess i am carpet bombing kinda.. cool, i like that !

#26 11 years ago

and i still spelled it wrong...

#27 11 years ago

The game looks great but as mentioned earlier, the callouts are pretty bad.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from tmort:

Game looks good. Great to have another new pin out there.

Not if a majority of collectors collectively take a shit on it. The Hulks' voice which needs to be fantastic for this game to succeed is terrible, I can't believe that is what they ended up with. Steve Ritchie could do that voice better, hell I think if I practiced for a few days I could come up with a better version of the Hulks voice.

I just don't get where is the fun factor here, I don't see it. With other new Stern games I was drooling and excited as hell, really hope I dont see any remaining parts from the transformers home pin/avengers pin in there next game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Steve Ritchie could do that voice better, hell I think if I practiced for a few days I could come up with a better version of the Hulks voice.

I agree, but still, I'm impressed with the Pro. This could be my first NIB.

#30 11 years ago

I love when people argue over what fictional characters should sound like. Especially when one of them is literally a monster. How dare they not use ____________ to make this total fabrication of a being sound like the real one!!

#31 11 years ago

So far I find the Hulk callouts funny. It is also funny to me how many pinheads have been complaining that Stern has not had enough humor in their games and now they are getting criticized for the callouts by the Hulk which are humorous.
Also, these are fictional characters that will always have evolving characteristics for as long as they are created. At least the lack of movie voices will not date the pinball machine 20 years from now.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

At least the lack of movie voices will not date the game 20 years from now.

But all the art on the game will...

#33 11 years ago

Hulk really insults you. It's funny.

#34 11 years ago

I,have been patiently waiting for Sterns videos. They need to fire media house. Lame video editing and close ups. I could do better on imovie. Plus it Doesn't explain crap. Like they are holding back or hiding something.

That hulk hole is going to get wrecked on route. Cliffy will be happy with Stern.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I love when people argue over what fictional characters should sound like. Especially when one of them is literally a monster. How dare they not use ___________ to make this total fabrication of a being sound like the real one!!

That'd be a valid point if there wasn't a movie where all these various characters let you know how they should sound. The pin is based on the movie.

I actually think the game itself looks pretty cool. I read the comments in another thread about how much better the LE looked than the Pro. Not really sure I agree with that, I think this looks pretty fun!

#36 11 years ago

A movie is one version, games and tv shows are others. That's the point.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A movie is one version, games and tv shows are others. That's the point.

The playfield, cabinet and backglass are all covered in pictures from the Avengers movie. What version of the characters do you suppose they were trying for?

#38 11 years ago

Dang, that's a great point! They should match.

#39 11 years ago

To a regular person, with that artwork, you are expecting a movie game, so not hearing the actors is weird.

Jack got beat up because he did the same thing with WOZ to make the call outs pinball specific.

On the other hand, I own a Tron and love hearing Jeff Bridges and company. The computer voice rounds it out for more specific pinball call outs. Too bad something like that wasn't done.

#40 11 years ago

Encouraging that sneak peak included some new mods and new voices.

#41 11 years ago

In that vid you see high score #4 is FUK

#42 11 years ago

It seems to me that most movie themed pins like IM, SM and Williams IJ use movie voice clips mixed with custom speech. Sometimes they hire one of the original actors.

Not sure why they didn't do this with Avengers but with the new owners the bottom line may take more precedence.

#43 11 years ago

BTW, I think the pro looks pretty good and gameplay could be pretty close since the main differences seem to be the bridge and Thor drops. Not sure if the rules need to be significantly different.

I don't need 6-ball multiball. Anything past 3-4 balls is wasted. At least it is on me.

I also prefer having Cap more prominent on the translite.

#44 11 years ago

The voices are fine. The callouts are funny, pinball specific and are great. We complained about voice capture from movies alone, and demanded pinball specific callouts. Now we get them, and because someone can't hear the dulcet tones of Chris Hemsworth whispering in their ear, they are rejecting the game before even playing it.

Gomez said he wanted the actors, and they weren't interested. At that point, it was Marvel's call to supply their own voice talent. The voice of Captain America on the machine is the official voice of Cap for Marvel. It is good enough for the parent company that literally owns and produces this stuff.

#45 11 years ago

Sounds to me like the same guy(s) who did X-Men voices did some work here as well. To my ears I heard a touch of the Magneto, Iceman and maybe Beast guy in those call outs.

Liking the lighting on the Pro, using some colors instead of plain white in the GI.

It's too bad they didn't go all movie or all comic on this one. It's more of a mashup. Either way, does look like a fun pin, hope I'll get a chance to play one soon.

#46 11 years ago

The Hulk insults are great.
I think Loki's voice is very good for a villain.
Although I have not noticed him much, the Thor voice sounded good to me.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But all the art on the game will...

Correct, so why not be consistant...

T2 is dated, how much less dated would it be with some random voice that sounds like the guy behind the counter toasting your footlong at your local Subway ?

#48 11 years ago

They did it right on IM, and in this case really dropped the ball here.

They had the chance of being closer to excellence, and instead went twords the path of mediocracy..

#49 11 years ago

So I just played the Avengers Hulk LE and it was a different experience - for the better. First the code was updated from the one I played at GW. Music and different voice call outs made for a better experience. Shots are much easier to hit. Still challenging but not technically obstructive like the one I played at GW. BW ramp is possible now and the Hawkeye left orbit as well. Actually, on the LE you could actually get some flow going.

Hulk still had some ball sticking issues but not as frequently as at GW. The code does come on more quickly to move Hulks arms around but there is still a slight flaw there. As EV mentioned the inability to see the O in LOKI in the left inlane by the flipper does impact gameplay. I could never spell Loki to start the lock and thought the switch wasn't registering ball roll overs when in fact it was because I couldn't see the O was lit already and I had to change lights on the inlane/outlane with my flipper button. That also should be altered somehow as I'm 5"11 and from a players perspective you just can't see it. I went pretty deep into my last game putting up 64M and will say code for modes still needs work. But, now I get the layout GG went for and must say, it is a unique playfield design. I'm liking it when the shots work like they did on the LE. He delivered something different. Modes need work and still don't like departure from movie with no clips/sounds but turning into a nice little game.

#50 11 years ago

The physical lock on this game is exactly the same mechanism, tried and true, as is on LOTR. I have yet to have one instance where it released more than one ball, unlike XM - which constantly drops 2 regardless of what it wants to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-avengers-pro-video-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.