Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Capture3_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
avengers_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MIL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 8 years ago

Has anybody had any problems with getting the new LE code to install ?

I've updated code plenty of times on my other Stern's so I know the procedure , but with this new LE code it's giving me some grief .

Normally when you update the code there are 3 possible steps :

1 . Verify image
2. Erase Flash
3. Re-write Flash

I went to install the new code in Avengers last night and when I entered YES for step 1 - verify image the machine reset back to the original screen when you get once you re-boot it after changing dip switch 8 .

Tried again and thought I would just skip the Verify Image stage and go straight to step 2 . Worked all as per normal , but when it got to the end of step 2 , instead of starting step 3 it does the reset back to the boot-up screen thing again .

The problem now is that it actually has erased the flash so when you turn the machine on ( with dip switch 8 in "normal" position ) the lights are on but nobody's home so to speak . Nothing comes up on the DMD at all .

Am going to try to re-install the 1.4 code so it's at least playable again .

Has anyone had this issue with Avengers or any other Stern for that matter ? and if so what was the outcome / problem / solution ?

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, I had exactly the same issue. Interestingly, it was the only Stern code that I've downloaded that wasn't zipped.
Anyway, had the same issue ... First time I've ever had an issue with an update. I tried 3 times and each time, it stopped just as you said.
I solved it by taking the USB stick back to the PC, formatting it (right click on the drive on the My Computer screen) and putting the update back on again. Worked straight out of the box.
rd

LEGEND !!

Thanks Dave . Yeah I noticed that about the file not being in a zipped folder too .

I'll give it a go now . On a side note , is there any difference between the LE code and Premium code ? ( colour changing GI perhaps ? ) . I know some earlier Stern's the same code is used for both Premium / LE .

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from permanentrookie:

Not happy with the change to the BW ramp. I would prefer to have kept it as it was to get credit. It went from the second hardest shot to complete to the second easiest. I do like the fact that now you can get the extra ball shooting BW.

I was thinking the same thing about BW . Kind of went from one extreme to the other in being a hard shot to now very easy . For the spinner to score a BW shot it probably would've been better to have it set so that you need x amount of spins or 1 opto shot (complete BW shot across the bridge ) to collect a shot towards BW .

There is a setting in the menu to turn the spinner awarding BW off if you want to go back to how it was .

The other thing I can't get my head around is the LOKI lanes . I know they changed it to stop the Hawkeye / Loki all day strategy but I never used to go for that anyway . When I play I'm trying to get all the Avengers and get to Battle for Earth rather than just focusing on one . I think I seen it mentioned that the other reason for the change was due to the lack of visibility of the O and K inserts . I never had a problem as I would cycle the lanes until an unlit one was in the lane the ball was coming to .

I think there's a setting to turn this back to how it was too , but yet to find it .

Quoted from rotordave:

My machine just informed me "Hulk has trouble keeping balls on Playfield too!!!"
Wouldn't Hulks balls be so big they'd smash everything?
rd

Kinda strange Dave considering from the waist down Hulk is actually below the playfield .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MIL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-avengers-code?tu=MIL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.