Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spin out.jpg
image-692.jpg
image-401.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just picked up a GTB Spin Out, pretty excited! Now I just have to finish my Quick Draw and find space for both...

image.jpgimage.jpg image-401.jpgimage-401.jpg image-692.jpgimage-692.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Nice!

#3 9 years ago

Seal that Backglass before you lose any more of the yellow in the Name or parts of the racing car.

Enjoy your new find.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Seal that Backglass before you lose any more of the yellow in the Name or parts of the racing car.

I have an EM with a flaking backglass. Do you have any good links or threads for the sealing process?

#5 9 years ago

If you do a google search for "pinball back glass sealing" you will get all sorts of links including uTube videos.

There are many different opinions on what is best or preferred. You will have to make your own mind up. Unfortunately, the products I started using years ago and was very happy with are no longer available. It seems every time I find something I like, by the time I need to do another glass (years later) the product is no longer available, at least not out here in California.

The last product I was using was by Flecto Varathane Elite Diamond Finish Clear Gloss. It is a very "hot" product and if you put it on thick (like I used to with other products), it will eat through the white layer and combine the white backing ink with some of the front colors. Its not that big a problem since it is normally only noticeable from the back. BUT, if the ink layer is extremely thin, it may result in making the legends (like ball in play or game over) show through even without backlighting. Because it mixes the color ink with the white ink and you end up with a lighter color up front. For this reason, you need to be patient and put down multiple thin layers.

But like I said, there are plenty of others that have more experience that have documented their results.

#6 9 years ago

Here is an older Pinside discussion: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-sealing-backglass

And I have recently had good success with Triple Thick.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from funtimewithdave:

Do you have any good links or threads for the sealing process?

Hit it with some triple thick. Cover the score area and credit area with cardboard cut outs. Pretty easy. DO NOT try to clean it...if it's flaking

#8 9 years ago

Spin Out
the poor man's BuckaRoo

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from funtimewithdave:

I have an EM with a flaking backglass. Do you have any good links or threads for the sealing process?

I have used krylon triple thick with good results. You just have to make sure you put it on in thin coats, or it too will eat through the white around the score reel windows (found that out by personal experience, unfortunately).

Quoted from CactusJack:

Enjoy your new find.

That's the plan. But, damn, it's still too frickin cold to work in my garage...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Spin Out
the poor man's BuckaRoo

Wow, there are some similarities, I didn't make that connection at first. I wonder what other games have that roto target? I haven't played either game, but both look fun!

#11 9 years ago

Jet Spin!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Wow, there are some similarities, I didn't make that connection at first. I wonder what other games have that roto target? I haven't played either game, but both look fun!

So is Buckaroo the poor man's Flipper Cowboy? And maybe Flipper Cowboy is the poor man's Sittin Pretty?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Flipper Cowboy->Buckaroo->Cowpoke->Spinout

Oh yeah, and Sittin' Pretty earlier!

#14 9 years ago

This is my first roto target. Haven't had a chance to get into it yet. Any tips on maintenance, troubleshooting, etc?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

This is my first roto target. Haven't had a chance to get into it yet. Any tips on maintenance, troubleshooting, etc?

Clean it up, line up those rivets and a drop of oil on the shaft for good 90 degree spin...check the spring tension to make sure it's got some snap. Should be good to go.

#16 9 years ago

Dont forget the superlube on the disc after you clean the rivet heads. This is where the most drag comes from.

Nothing worse than a roto that only goes a few targets per spin.

#17 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips, Wickerman2 and CactusJack! Much appreciated. Can't wait to get started on this one. This is the first machine I have purchased that looked much better when I got it home than it did in the basement I dragged it out of!

#18 9 years ago

Congrats Noobee!

Always nice to pick up a fun Gottlieb Wedgehead.

Ken

#19 9 years ago

Beautiful game Noobee with the plastic in front of the roto target in good condition (Rare on this game).

Here mine :

http://www.retro-flip.com/t3638-LE-SPIN-OUT-ou-LA-POSITION-4-vaut-de-L-OR.htm

spin out.jpgspin out.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Beautiful game Noobee with the plastic in front of the roto target in good condition (Rare on this game).
Here mine :
spin out.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Gottlieb SPACE WALK

Absolutely great pics of your machine Andrew & a good take on that elusive roto plastic

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Here mine :
spin out.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow, kangourou, nice! Now I have something to strive for.

Hey, it looks like we are not that far apart, you in Lyon and me in South Lyon, oh wait....

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Hey, it looks like we are not that far apart, you in Lyon and me in South Lyon, oh wait....

Just 4000 miles between Lyon and South Lyon !

Gottlieb SPACE WALK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.