4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Perth
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG1249.jpg
    IMG1251.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_0.jpg
    Pinball_10.jpg
    Pinball_17.jpg
    Pinball_14.jpg
    Pinball_12.jpg
    space_invaders_ad_no_background.png
    Broadway_Flyer_Rev_2_on_8x10.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Place is called Broadway Bar and Arcade and is just getting started. I stopped in the other day and he had about 12 pins and 20+ arcade games. Some of the pins I remember are KISS, TWD, MB, RFM, Mustang, TOTAN to name a few.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Broadway-Bar-and-Arcade/361058857416700?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

#2 4 years ago

I'm going to have to check this out next time I'm out that way.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm going to have to check this out next time I'm out that way.

The pins that I played were in great condition and without issues! If I am correct the Pins are provided by Chris from the Bradish St. Parlor in Pittsburgh (Southside) which would explain the condition as he is known for taking great care of his machines!

#4 4 years ago

Headed there this evening...I will post back afer my recon!!

#5 4 years ago

Ok, so my wife and I checked this place out last night. I grew up nearby and moved back when I got married after the military and college. This arcade is on the same location as a golf driving range an instructional facility (McDains).
    Right next door is a self-storage facility. Funny how the world changes.....when I was a kid, my dad use to bring us here to ride our dirt bikes before this land was all developed. My brothers and I had a blast. My dad was a great sport, sitting and reading his magazine on the tailgate while my brothers and I disappeared into the gravel and dust on our little Yamahas. And now, 40 years later, I am back in the very same ground, still having a ball.
    http://www.broadwaybarandarcade.com/

We had a few beers and a mixed drink at the bar. The food was good (bar food), the draft beer was cold and the waitress (Morgan) was great.

They have about 20 pinballs with a nice variety. The games functioned great (except for TOTAN which has a wonky right flipper) and most of the games are .50 cents per game. TWD was .75, but I had never played it before so I was happy to pop several quarters in. They also have a "ton" of video games. Not really my thing, but if they are yours...this is the place. Also several pool tables.

IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG

In today's world, it is just very cool to walk into a place that has this many games "on route". I have such great memories of the arcades at the local mall in the 1980's. I consider myself very lucky to have several such venues close by (the New Great Valley Lanes, Kick Back Café, Bradish Street Pinball Parlor) and now this one. I hope I am doing my part, by supporting these businesses...one (or two!) quarters at a time. Check it out if you are in the area......well worth it.
    Mike

#6 4 years ago

Mike, I don't see the KISS machine. Was it somewhere else or maybe they moved it out already?!?!?!

#7 4 years ago

Nope, no KISS on site. It looks like they are still in the process of getting everything 100% set up. I hope KISS makes a comeback, as I would like to play it.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. I'll check this place out. Nice to see more pins locally. Phoenix theaters in north versailles also has some pins and lots of pool tables.

#9 4 years ago

Has any one checked out that other new one in beaver county? There was a write up about it in the paper. Coin op museum or something like that. Maybe in Ambridge?

#10 4 years ago

Coin Op Hall Of Fame & Museum in Hopewell. Stop by and see Ed. Great guy. Tons of pins. Tons of vids. When I was there I experienced MAYBE 6 games that either were turned off or had an issue. The ones that had issues? Ed and/or employees were walking around feverishly trying to get them fully functional. You can walk in this place and play a Gottlieb Spirit...that is how cool it is! I am not that big of a Kickback fan, so going to Bradish, NGVL, The Pinball Factory, McDain's, Big Pheonix and the Coin Op HOF are THE places to hit in and around Pittsburgh.

#11 4 years ago

Where is the pinball factory?

#12 4 years ago

Not familiar with kickback either.

#13 4 years ago

Kickback is in Lawrenceville on the main drag. Pinball Factory is the private club in south side for league events.

#14 4 years ago

I went to the Broadway Arcade (McDain's) Saturday night. If you want to have a couple beers, play some clean, well maintained pinball (or if you like, video games) this place is worth a visit. They are having a Grand Opening party on July 18. The flyer at the bar said games would be .25 but I don't know if it is the pinballs and the videos for a quarter. Anyway they are just trying to get things up and rolling. Got to play about 15 nice games. There were not many folks there so I wanted to put in a plug and try to drum up a little support. Finding public places with a number of descent machines is getting harder to find and I will make a point of stopping by every now and then. Hope younz Pittsburghers will too.

#15 4 years ago

Grew up in Mt Pleasant. Never seen a Pinsider from there before. Regards .

#16 4 years ago

The Pennsylvania Coin Operated Hall Of Fame and Museum

http://coinophof.com/

Located at Hopewell Township Plaza

Hopewell TWP, PA 15001 Beaver County

#17 4 years ago

Hi guys, thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm currently dealing with some things at home so this week games may not get the attention they need. I was told about totan Sunday, I plan to address that as soon as possible. Kiss was moved to bradish to make room for Kiss LE. Currently there are 16 pins and 45 arcade games. This number will grow prior to the grand opening party July 18. Every game in the house will be 25 cents along with great food specials etc. Stop out if you are in the area.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Broadway-Bar-and-Arcade/361058857416700

Thanks again all. We appreciate your business.

Any suggestions? Email us @ broadwayarcade@gmail.com

#18 4 years ago

So it looks like Chris from Bradish is also involved in Broadway. Great guy. Looking forward to checking out Broadway.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

So it looks like Chris from Bradish is also involved in Broadway. Great guy. Looking forward to checking out Broadway.

Chris can correct me if I am wrong but I believe Chris is only involved in supplying the pinball machines to Broadway, which is great as he is known for keeping the machines in great working order!

Being in Mckeesport means you're a short drive away! It's certainly worth the trip!!!

#20 4 years ago

Hi Vince, I am involved in all aspects at Broadway. Some of the vintage arcades are mine as well. This is really a group effort between Ben and I. We are hoping to bring an old style arcade feel to the place, like when we were younger. I'm 30, I still remember the smell of the arcade st century III mall, wish I could replicated that as well. HAHA.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hi Vince, I am involved in all aspects at Broadway. Some of the vintage arcades are mine as well. This is really a group effort between Ben and I. We are hoping to bring an old style arcade feel to the place, like when we were younger. I'm 30, I still remember the smell of the arcade st century III mall, wish I could replicated that as well. HAHA.

Thanks for the clarification Chris! BTW still kicking myself in the a** for missing out on that Paragon you sold!!!!

#22 4 years ago

century III mall.....they had a Tournament Cyberball that my friends an I would play for hours...here's a Texas shout out from a Momessen, PA native!!!!

#23 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Thanks again for all the positive vibes about the place. Many of you have emailed me, which right now is the best way to get a hold of me. I appreciate every bit of praise, suggestions, thoughts overall on the place etc. I also enjoy the, can you sell me this or that when you rotate it out. Haha. Please know that we do read everyone of your emails and keep them coming. picsofpins@gmail.com or chris@pinbash.com This place will not succeed without your suggestions and participation in what we are setting out to do. There have been a few comments made about having a tournament for more novice players, I have some ideas that I will be posting once I get all the lingo right.

Here is a flyer to share around if you care to.

Thanks again guys, I have been overwhelmed with life and our new addition to the family, but I had to log on quickly to let you know your emails have brightened up the day.

Best.

C

Broadway_Flyer_Rev_2_on_8x10.jpg

#24 4 years ago

Got a very interesting email, not sure if it was from a pinsider, but if it was feel free to chime in further as he had left some interruption up to myself or the bar manager at Broadway. The emailer was asking about having eSports put on the TV instead of baseball, football etc. I would say yes definitely to this as I did follow WarCraft III and StarCraft II for a long time. I know others are also into Dota and League of Legends so that is also a possibility. I will have to discuss this with the others involved but if anyone has addition info about what is popular with arcade guys and gals on twitch, lemme know. Thanks again guys.

Quick Flyer Plug as well.

space_invaders_ad_no_background.png

#25 4 years ago

Also wanted to remind the customers @ The Broadway Bar & Arcade that there is 3 days left to win 2 VIP Tickets to the Pittsburgh Cosmo 2015. Here are some pics from last years party. VIP gets you in 2 hours early so no waiting in line, dinner, bottomless bar, unlimited pinball and arcade play, dancing, side performances and treats served throughout the evening. What a great event, this is why I want to share this treat with our patrons.

If you don't win and are interested in going, here is the link to the event: http://trustarts.culturaldistrict.org/pct_home/donation/cosmopolitan-pittsburgh-2015

Pinball_12.jpg

Pinball_14.jpg

Pinball_17.jpg

Pinball_10.jpg

1 week later
    #26 4 years ago

I visited the location today. There are some excellent high-end machines (Monster Bash, Attack From Mars, Metallica) that are well maintained. In fact, the AFM was one of the nicest I have seen on location. Note that the arcade is located inside McDain's Golf Center. I had to double-check that I was at the correct location. I imagine that they will be adding a sign after their grand opening.

#27 4 years ago

Hi ADM. Thanks for stopping in. Hope to meet you at the Grand Opening if time allows. The newest titles will all be nested in at the Broadway Bar and Arcade @ Mcdains Golf Center. So expect Kiss LE, Full Throttle, Alien and Hobbit SE to be present. This Saturday all games will be $.25 per play.

#28 4 years ago

imagejpeg_0_0.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

#29 4 years ago

Bump. Grand Opening in just 2 days. Hopefully I will meet some new pinsiders from the area.

$.25 / play all day. Tournaments all day as well. Join us if your free or looking for a fun activity for yourself and your family.

#30 4 years ago

Chris---Have fun at the grand opening!!! I can definitely vouch that Chris keeps his machines in great condition and this place has a huge selection of both new and older games. If you are anywhere near the area I would highly recommend stopping by, you won't be disappointed.

#31 4 years ago

Thanks Roy. I'm glad you enjoy the place. Hope to see you soon, the place has cleaned up nicely. Talked with a friend that played a bunch of Full Throttle at pintastic, said the game was enjoyed by many. Im excited to hear your opinion of it. Safe travels.

2 weeks later
    #32 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Full Throttle at pintastic, said the game was enjoyed by many. Im excited to hear your opinion of it. Safe travels.

FWIW Chris I played at ReplayFX and it was a fun game! The loops remind me a lot of No Fear but FT has the ramps. The video in the playfield is real nice as it allows you to see everything going on without having to look up!

BTW - the place in Monroeville is looking great. Still haven't made it to Southside yet!!!

#33 4 years ago

South Side is closed for some additional renovation. We will be reopening late September if everything goes to plan. Kiss LE is at Broadway now. Game seems a lot more smooth than the pro. Just my opinion but see for yourself. They are both there for a few more days.

1 week later
    #34 4 years ago

The Broadway bar and Arcade (Mcdains) is great most if not all games are playing great and nicely as ive just been there myself, they have a great lineup of pinball machines and arcade games! Newest pingame is kiss LE, its an great game i like it more then the Pro..

Also This week the newest game fullthrottle made by heighway will be most likely installed according the Operator!

There will be many tourneys yet to come, and they do bounties every once in a while, as a matter of fact the operator was there when i hitted up the startrek pro and catched almost 450M Grand champion, he decided to throw in a 20$ bounty for the one who will beat my startrek GC pro score up there. If any of you pinheads are in the neighbourhood u definently gotta check this place out decent food menu too.. nice arcade stuff aswell to be enjoyed

3 months later
    #35 3 years ago

Happened to be in the area today. Wow this place didn't last long.

IMG1251.jpg
    IMG1249.jpg

#36 3 years ago

Yeah Broadway Arcade closed up shop a couple of months ago.

#37 3 years ago

Apparently the owner was difficult to deal with. It's my understanding that he didn't want the guys that ran Broadway to have any type of events (i.e. tournaments, parties etc.). I know they had a car cruise planned a few months ago for which the owner had them cancel it the day before. Again this is what I heard but Chris would be the one to advise!

#38 3 years ago

If I remember correctly, Chris told me that the owner had some sudden personal health problems that prevented him from continuing to run the business.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

If I remember correctly, Chris told me that the owner had some sudden personal health problems that prevented him from continuing to run the business.

I believe he had a stroke. The golf business is still going, which is the business the owner runs. Chris had the pins in the place and another guy had the arcade machines. The arcade guy pulled out and then Chris did after that! It was a nice size place!!!!

#40 3 years ago

I was told by a local that there were licensing issues. Maybe DutchTommy can chime in as he worked there. I used pinball map and found a bunch of great machines close by at New Great Valley lanes. So it wasn't a complete loss.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    € 3.70
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside