(Topic ID: 247354)

*NEW* APT - Finally! A Cosmic Carnival Review!!!!!!!

By NathanN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NathanN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nathann.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

What are everyone's thoughts on this game after watching the review? Likes ? Dislikes?

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

wait.. the scoop is dead center, and it shoots the ball back out dead center? the only shot that seems to be hittable in the entire game is a complete death sentence! what the the hell fun is that??
    best i can tell, the only thing this game seems to have going for it is the artwork. i hope i'm wrong, but i have yet to see otherwise.
    btw, it's never a good sign when the reviewer's most complimetary comments are "decent", "not bad", and "moderate replay-ablility".

Yes the scoop was a drain almost every shot unless you got lucky bigehrl

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

OP, I’m sure everyone’s happy with the excitement and passion for the hobby that you show. The fact is, most of us have that same passion, however in a little less manic way. We all belong to Pinside, multiple FaceBook groups, etc. so every time that you post something, we all usually see it... multiple times. It’s getting old.
    Please try to enjoy the hobby more and the social media aspect of it a little less. You’ll be glad you did.

Sorry about that guys.. I was not trying to bomb everyone.. I will not do that moving forward.. I am new to Pinside and still trying to figure out how to see comments and who responded etc.. I just wanted to get the content out there to get feedback is all. I will only post in a couple spots moving forward. Thank you for the honest feedback.. I am honest on my reviews without any bias and I want you all to be as well. Again, thank you..

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Play it with the lights on and a seperate camera showing animation. Really tough to pass any kind of judgement based on this review. Thanks though its still better than nothing.

Hazoff Thank you for the comment. I wish I had more control of my environment, but unlike other places that review videos I hunt mine down, thus I am generally on location 100% of the time and have no control of my environment. I try to do what I can to make the best video possible considering I may have kids yelling at me, people standing behind me, bad lighting, AC air blowing down on me loud and or me having to drive 70 minutes just to capture this one video for instance, to share with everyone.. So taking multiple cameras, a rig already pre-set up is almost impossible unless planned well in advance .. I will be toying around with some other ideas for shooting video but what you see is about the max limit I can do without a set environment for me to shoot .. I will try however.. we will see, and thank you for your comments I truly appreciate hearing what you said so I can try to figure out some other ways to do this

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Why don't you just make your own thread to post your reviews similar to the threads the podcasters make? When you have a new video you can edit the thread title and bump the thread. It's a much cleaner way of doing it by keeping all your videos contained in one thread and it won't piss anyone off. Just a thought.
    Edit: I see the OP had already started a thread dedicated to his review vids....just keep it all in there going forward and you're all good.

Yes sir! We got that updated on A separate thread now so we will post to our main Arcade & Pinball Talk thread to archive and not sure if we should have a separate thread for each video?? Again still figuring this out so appreciate the feedback and help

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not everyone lives pinball in every pinside thread and social media group possible and if someone takes the time to film a review he should be allowed to post it. More so since this is kind of the first review?
    I've just seen that link for the first time.

Thanks for the response and support. We appreciate it! We will be posting to a main thread now and a separate specific thread for each review I guess is the way everyone is suggesting for me to do it so I updated 2 new threads for Cosmic and Willy Wonka Reviews.. I hope that is better and if not just let me know! Thanks again for the response!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

These review links are all over pinside right now. The carnival one was slipped into the original vs non original theme thread too. If you're not seeing them littered throughout this website, I'm not sure how you're missing them.
    He should just create a dedicated thread for his reviews. all good.

I will use a specific thread moving forward now that I know how this works along with a show thread. Thanks for the advice to help!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

First time I've seen this posted. I don't dig into every thread...not by a long shot. What I do view are the latest threads and that's how I saw this review, so thanks for posting.
    Damn, that game is so dark. Are there any white LEDs in the GI or are they all blue/purple?

You are very welcome. Glad you found it.. it was mostly purple some whites but the table was really dark....

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

CosCarn was OK, for a System 11...

Ok is definitely the way I would say it as well..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nathann.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-apt-finally-a-cosmic-carnival-review?tu=nathann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.