You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Apollo13 backgorund retouch.jpg
a132_copy.jpg
a131rules_copy.jpg
a131_copy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikonos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Hi cerberusdog!

Are you interested in opinions or suggestions?

Best regards

#10 5 years ago

Great!

These are opinions and suggestions, none of them are true or false. Let´s go!

+ Movie cover: It was a good idea to use movie cover for card, It is a good resourse for our custom cards.
+ Movie Slogan: Another great resource for to make your custom cards more intereting. You can use pinball flyers slogans too.
+ Good variability of card: I appreciate variety of custom cards for every user: Rules, Crew, Free Play, Price, Promotional, etc.

- Cards are so dark: most of users pecan in this way. For example, I would add stars, galaxy dust or/and lens flare from sun, for example.
- Some elements are so small: keep in mind cards are 14-16x7-8 cms aprox, you need a bigger letters for to make them more readable. Other elements are so small too, like spaceship, astronaut, logo, others.
- Font: font depends of the theme. Maybe a smart font would be a better option.
- Strokes for letters: A little outer stroke in text gets contrast with background.
- SEGA logo from translite: I would try with more classical SEGA logo without degradate.

Tell if you undestand me, if not, I would show my own examples of custom cards (I have not my own designs of Apollo XIII custom cards for now, sorry!).

You have my positive vote!

Best regards

#12 5 years ago

you're welcome!

To design pinball custom cards is very funny, you can try with Apollo XIII again or another one.

Best regards!

1 month later
#15 5 years ago

Yes, I know, but I like to encorage you.

How I told you, most people customized darker cards and it is not necessary. Pinball card must be funny in most of the case and colours will became them more attractive.

Apollo 13 is a case, maybe, of a necessary darker card because movie, posters, covers and others have a darker space like a background, but with some tricks... Let´s see:
Apollo13 backgorund retouch.jpgApollo13 backgorund retouch.jpg
Like you saw, I add mores stars, I satured some colours and changed others.

Final touch is to add colours in letters.

In my particular case, I need a extra contrast, because I order to print my custom cards in chrome vinyl.

Tell me if you want to see a example. Result is great!

Best regards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikonos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-apollo-13-custom-apron-cards?tu=mikonos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.