Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mikonos
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a132rules_copy.jpg
a132_copy.jpg
a131rules_copy.jpg
a131_copy.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Free Play, Design credits and instruction cards. Done at the request (and donation to charity) by pinballer22 (Justin). You can print them the correct size and resolution from my site...

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/

a131_copy.jpg a131rules_copy.jpg a132_copy.jpg a132rules_copy.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Thanks zachster, they look great!

2 months later
#4 4 years ago

I just printed these out last night, and they look great on the game! thanks!

4 years later
#5 9 days ago

I know this is an old thread and the link is dead but any leads on getting these? My Apollo13 is missing them and I like the look of these over the plain white ones.

#6 9 days ago
Quoted from cerberusdog:

I know this is an old thread and the link is dead but any leads on getting these? My Apollo13 is missing them and I like the look of these over the plain white ones.

There are some custom Apollo 13 apron cards here - http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/
There are two available, grab the "Apollo 13 Custom" as the other is just the basic white one.

I like the cards above posted by zachster better, but the ones at the link are a step up from the generic type.

If you want to see what they are like printed, I used a set on an Apollo 13 I worked on recently - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/05/07/apollo-13-repair-service-log-1/

#7 8 days ago
Quoted from Jesder:

There are some custom Apollo 13 apron cards here - http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/
There are two available, grab the "Apollo 13 Custom" as the other is just the basic white one.
I like the cards above posted by zachster better, but the ones at the link are a step up from the generic type.
If you want to see what they are like printed, I used a set on an Apollo 13 I worked on recently - http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2018/05/07/apollo-13-repair-service-log-1/

Thanks Jesder! Appreciate your reply! I also enjoyed reading your blog!

#8 8 days ago

Hi cerberusdog!

Are you interested in opinions or suggestions?

Best regards

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi cerberusdog!
Are you interested in opinions or suggestions?
Best regards

Either

#10 8 days ago

Great!

These are opinions and suggestions, none of them are true or false. Let´s go!

+ Movie cover: It was a good idea to use movie cover for card, It is a good resourse for our custom cards.
+ Movie Slogan: Another great resource for to make your custom cards more intereting. You can use pinball flyers slogans too.
+ Good variability of card: I appreciate variety of custom cards for every user: Rules, Crew, Free Play, Price, Promotional, etc.

- Cards are so dark: most of users pecan in this way. For example, I would add stars, galaxy dust or/and lens flare from sun, for example.
- Some elements are so small: keep in mind cards are 14-16x7-8 cms aprox, you need a bigger letters for to make them more readable. Other elements are so small too, like spaceship, astronaut, logo, others.
- Font: font depends of the theme. Maybe a smart font would be a better option.
- Strokes for letters: A little outer stroke in text gets contrast with background.
- SEGA logo from translite: I would try with more classical SEGA logo without degradate.

Tell if you undestand me, if not, I would show my own examples of custom cards (I have not my own designs of Apollo XIII custom cards for now, sorry!).

You have my positive vote!

Best regards

#11 4 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Great!
These are opinions and suggestions, none of them are true or false. Let´s go!
+ Movie cover: It was a good idea to use movie cover for card, It is a good resourse for our custom cards.
+ Movie Slogan: Another great resource for to make your custom cards more intereting. You can use pinball flyers slogans too.
+ Good variability of card: I appreciate variety of custom cards for every user: Rules, Crew, Free Play, Price, Promotional, etc.
- Cards are so dark: most of users pecan in this way. For example, I would add stars, galaxy dust or/and lens flare from sun, for example.
- Some elements are so small: keep in mind cards are 14-16x7-8 cms aprox, you need a bigger letters for to make them more readable. Other elements are so small too, like spaceship, astronaut, logo, others.
- Font: font depends of the theme. Maybe a smart font would be a better option.
- Strokes for letters: A little outer stroke in text gets contrast with background.
- SEGA logo from translite: I would try with more classical SEGA logo without degradate.
Tell if you undestand me, if not, I would show my own examples of custom cards (I have not my own designs of Apollo XIII custom cards for now, sorry!).
You have my positive vote!
Best regards

Thank you so much Mikonos for the great ideas! I am sorry for not answering right away, I somehow missed that you had responded. I am going to try and make something up this weekend!

#12 4 days ago

you're welcome!

To design pinball custom cards is very funny, you can try with Apollo XIII again or another one.

Best regards!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 125.00
Playfield - Plastics
Great American Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Murphy, NC
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 21.00
$ 1,099.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside