(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pa_cramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 4 years ago

Just got my second order off Dan and this time I went with the Super Kit for my newly acquired GnR after using the Sub Kit on my T2.
    I read a lot of comments out there about the T2 sound being trash but I now beg to differ. After installing the Sub Kit it really brought the sound out and gives the machine that shaker motor feel.
    So do you think I'm excited to do the install on GnR? Hell Yeah! The sound pumps on GnR to begin with so I'm expecting great results that I know first hand the pinwoofer kits deliver.
    And just to add to that, the argument of can a aftermarket audio setup improve the sound quality of a 25-30yo pinball machine Yes/No? IMO is dead. Pinwoofer brings a new and fresh approach to pinball audio modding. If you want to go and buy a Pinsound by all means do so but if you want to put Pinsound and Pinwoofer in the same category then you're not being realistic. It's Apples and Oranges for more then one reason. Pinwoofer takes the nostalgic sounds of your favorite pin and raises it another level for a reasonable price and a user friendly experience. Other people have had success in doing their own amplified audio set ups and that's awesome but for someone like myself who doesn't have great knowledge on how to achieve this, Pinwoofer is the answer. Dan is supplying a service of near plug and play, easy install and continued customer service which in regards to the latter is hard to find these days. The set up is compact and professional. With no external subs, wires or power supply the kit is neatly tucked away inside the pin for the novice all the way up to the pro to appreciate.
    Keep up the great work Pinwoofer.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Send us newbies a picture of amp placements.....I went with bottom cabinet this time and on monitor versus backboard.

Here's one from the backboard. I'm happy with the placement. Everything is nice and compact, no loose wires getting it the way and lines feed straight down to the cabinet I haven't mounted the Sub amp yet but I'll probably try and place it as close to the vol as possible. DE could of done better with there volume control set up.

20200315_072711 (resized).jpg20200315_072711 (resized).jpg
    #381 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks for sharing pa_cramer ! We were thrilled to hear that Guns N' Roses is up and running and that the results met your expectations! Have fun with it!
    PinWoofer

Thanks Dan, yeah I got everything dialed in nicely. The speakers are impressive and the sub adds an extra dimension with the vibration.

#383 4 years ago

is that on the right / left side of back panel?? nice location.
    Send a wider shot....might have to look at that for mine...

Thanks, it's mounted on the RHS. I'm OCD for wires so it was the only place that made sense. If you have a look at the pics I'm still in the process of modding/painting the backbox.

20200319_084805 (resized).jpg20200319_084805 (resized).jpg20200319_084636 (resized).jpg20200319_084636 (resized).jpg20200319_084338 (resized).jpg20200319_084338 (resized).jpg
    #385 4 years ago

looks fukin awesome!!!!!

Yeah I think so, I couldn't resist painting the speaker/sub mounts, It just adds color and trust me this GnR will have lots of color once I'm done. I had to take it all out for the photos you requested so I'm now in the process of painting the bottom U Channel for the DMD. Thanks for the motivation.

#387 4 years ago

That's the least I can do.. I cant mount mine on side as it has to much electronics....so went with standard back box and magnets/ glued to posts.
    Cleaned up alot of wires.[quoted image]

That's perfect! looks good and you have easy access. Yeah the magnets are a great idea. Simple but effective. And in your case easy to relocate.

#389 4 years ago

While we are on this topic....let's check out the sub cabinet picture haha. Let me guess you have leds around the amp? lol
    On my last 2 machines I mounted mine on the side cabinet...this time I did it next to the subwoofer as it's really empty and needed something to fill the space.

Hahaha lol yeah I'm a sucker for some leds.
    Here's a pic from my T2 which has the volume control on the coin door so I wasn't really concerned about the location of the amp because once it was dialed in there's no need to touch it again. The T2 pumps BTW.
    On the GnR I'm still considering where to mount it. I like your idea of side mounting the Sub amp. I think I'll mount it as close as I can to the volume control and the coin door.

20190531_181402 (resized).jpg20190531_181402 (resized).jpg
    #391 4 years ago

Once it's dialed in you never really need to adjust it....I would post it up on the right side across from sub. The do some frame work around it...haha

I'll check it out. I'll probably lay some marine carpet and just light the whole inner cabinet

#393 4 years ago

Damn!!!!!!!!!!
    Something like this.[quoted image]

Lol What is That?

#397 4 years ago

Here's some more with a speakerlightkits installed. I'm still waiting on the grills but couldn't wait to try it out.

20200321_115245 (resized).jpg20200321_115245 (resized).jpg20200321_115822 (resized).jpg20200321_115822 (resized).jpg20200321_115925 (resized).jpg20200321_115925 (resized).jpg
    4 weeks later
    #425 3 years ago

looking good mate....only one problem....that big toe ruined it....lol

Cheers, Lol I've never been good with taking photos.

2 months later
    #452 3 years ago

looking good mate....only one problem....that big toe ruined it....lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pa_cramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer?tu=pa_cramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.