(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madpole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago

I read thru this posting and thought it was an interesting idea. I have several of my pins running thru an external powered sub-woofer, but thought this self-contained package was a cleaner installation so i went ahead and purchased the 8" version.

I installed it on my Star Trek premium. I love the soundtrack and the sound effects are loaded with a g'bunch of bass notes. The premium already has an 8" woofer and it sounds pretty damn good already, but I wanted more.

The installation was simple and straight forward. Stern soldered the connections to the sub, so I installed spade connectors to make it a cleaner install. My 12v tap was already being used for an other mod. I used a 12v splitter connector and pinned a 3 pin power connector on the amplifier power cord. The power taps included in the kit would've worked fine, but this looked cleaner.

Everything powered up fine and I started my first game. The sub amp was at about 50%. The pin might have actually vibrated off the floor. Good lord this thing can crank out the bass. I adjusted the volume to a more reasonable level and I am absolutely loving it. The external subs on my other pins are a great addition and make for a great experience, but this self contained bass monster is something all together different. The bass is super clean and you feel it throughout the game. The closest thing I've experienced to this is TNA. The sound effects during Nero and the Vengeance modes were already my favorites, now they are simply epic.

I'm tempted to replace my external subs on my other pins with this mod. I'd do it without hesitation if I can find buyers for my external subs. I have no doubt I'll use this mod on any new pin that could use a boost.

2 weeks later
    #149 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

f3honda4me, thanks for asking! I stopped short of addressing this and while I cannot say what PinWoofer2TM will add or what it does, I can say that as a valued customer you can participate in the pre-launch, provided you are willing to beta test and provide minimal feedback. We'll have boards in about 60 days. Are you in?
    I can broaden the scope of beta testing (to a limited extent) if other customers are interested.
    Thanks

I'd be very interested...

6 months later
    #319 4 years ago

I've installed the backbox and sub woofer amps and speakers in my AC/DC and Stern Star Trek. I can't say enough good things about how well they sound and vast improvement over the stock setup. The closest stock set up would be TNA. If you've ever had the chance to play that pin, you know how immersive that sound system is.

I recently got my Star Trek back from a short term swap with a friend and damaged the backbox amp. The power cord to the amp got tangled in the cabinet and stress fractured the female plug on the amp when I folded the head down. Totally and completely 100% my fault. Better cable management on my part would've prevented this from ever happening. Mistake made and lesson learned.

I reached out to Dan to see if he had a spare female connector he could sell me or point me in the direction of where I could find one.

His response and level of customer support went way above and beyond anything I would ever expect or dream of receiving. I asked for an inch and he insisted on providing me a mile.

I'm back up and running again and a lifetime fan of @pinwoofer, their products and company.

Long story short; buy with confidence, the product is amazing and the customer support is off the charts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madpole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer?tu=madpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.