7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 302 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 84 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN1306 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1645 (resized).jpg
    20191014_144317 (resized).jpg
    DSCN1647 (resized).jpg
    V1 Adjust (resized).jpg
    MeanWell RD-125A (resized).JPG
    DSCN1491 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1496 (resized).JPG
    subdudeIllustration (resized).jpg
    3amigos (resized).JPG
    BBOXMagMount (resized).jpg
    Resized_20190716_150030_8517 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN1169 (resized).JPG
    T2_Backbox_10 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer-5.25in-Super-Kit (resized).jpg
    5.254inPoweredKit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 5 months ago

I like the addition of the amp; missing on just speaker options. I added a complete PinballPro to my Metallica and it's too 'bassy' and the top end gets drown out of the mix. Thought about going back to stock until I found this today; I'll assume your amp will not integrate well with an off-the-shelf pinball speaker set up due to it being 12v and not 5v? Interested in options for a music purist (well, the best that a pinball machine can deliver without PinSound).

#208 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The voltage has nothing to do with the speakers themselves

Correct, but I believe power comes into play with the crossover with the PinballPro Bass. More research being conducted, but of course this option looks to be the best.

#214 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huh? I am totally not following you. If you install this, you don’t need PinballPro anything, although you could reuse their speakers if you wanted to

I'm asking if I can simply tie in this amp to an existing PinballPro system or do I need to remove it and start over. PinballPro already has the upgraded backbox speakers and a decent subwoofer, but there is not a way to fix treble/bass mix.

#218 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

ou could add an L-Pad (does the PinballPro not have this already?)

Yes, it does have the L-Pad and I've worked on the Pad (at max today) for more backbox, but it needs to go to 11! lol Been chatting with Dan offline and I'll probably grab an amp and add it in the mix. Will have more questions about where/when to tie it the amp; do I remove the L-Pad, etc. I am sure someone has done this ...

#221 5 months ago

mk6pin: Have you added a PinWooferAmp with FF speakers?

#227 5 months ago

pinwoofer here’s the standard layout.
    LPad: wires from backbox and cabinet speaker join in the LPad. LPad connected to J10 to pick up the signal. So signal -> LPad -> Speakers. Speakers are plug in, not soldered. Crossover is on the cabinet speaker. I assume the Amp would connect out of the LPad before it hits the backbox speakers?
    *wiring is temp right now, as I wanted to see if it was permanent before I strap it in.

3CBDCAEF-C6BB-404C-8FEC-BE69041FFA04 (resized).jpeg960AC814-A2FA-4C01-8627-983BD8181C1D (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #257 3 months ago

Stern has crap music quality, but it got better with Sam/Spike2. With pinwoofer it makes it sound amazing. Had someone come to my house to hear my Metallica with the SuperKit and he was blown away. He already purchased a SuperKit for his Luci! I am not sure, with Pinbrowser, if you can add better quality audio files to the machine. There is a guy pinballmix who custom makes sound files for Sam and Spike; might be worth a shot.

1 week later
    #264 3 months ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I installed a Pinball Pro system designed to work with the 12" sub that Stern included on my original AC/DC Luci, but was never happy with the sound. Was planning to convert back to the original speakers when PinWoofer came along.

Hey, that's my story ... lol. I love me some Pinwoofer! Amazing product that is revolutionizing pinball!

1 month later
    #281 51 days ago

The product gets better and better. Did another install of the PinWoofer double amp (Super Kit) today. Went smooth, instructions are clear and up and rocking in an hour!! Keep up the amazing product, best on the market!

#291 47 days ago

Why don't you use the raccoon parts to hold the camera steady?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside