(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 4 years ago

I like the addition of the amp; missing on just speaker options. I added a complete PinballPro to my Metallica and it's too 'bassy' and the top end gets drown out of the mix. Thought about going back to stock until I found this today; I'll assume your amp will not integrate well with an off-the-shelf pinball speaker set up due to it being 12v and not 5v? Interested in options for a music purist (well, the best that a pinball machine can deliver without PinSound).

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The voltage has nothing to do with the speakers themselves

Correct, but I believe power comes into play with the crossover with the PinballPro Bass. More research being conducted, but of course this option looks to be the best.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huh? I am totally not following you. If you install this, you don’t need PinballPro anything, although you could reuse their speakers if you wanted to

I'm asking if I can simply tie in this amp to an existing PinballPro system or do I need to remove it and start over. PinballPro already has the upgraded backbox speakers and a decent subwoofer, but there is not a way to fix treble/bass mix.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

ou could add an L-Pad (does the PinballPro not have this already?)

Yes, it does have the L-Pad and I've worked on the Pad (at max today) for more backbox, but it needs to go to 11! lol Been chatting with Dan offline and I'll probably grab an amp and add it in the mix. Will have more questions about where/when to tie it the amp; do I remove the L-Pad, etc. I am sure someone has done this ...

#221 4 years ago

@mk6pin: Have you added a PinWooferAmp with FF speakers?

#227 4 years ago

PinWoofer here’s the standard layout.
    LPad: wires from backbox and cabinet speaker join in the LPad. LPad connected to J10 to pick up the signal. So signal -> LPad -> Speakers. Speakers are plug in, not soldered. Crossover is on the cabinet speaker. I assume the Amp would connect out of the LPad before it hits the backbox speakers?
    *wiring is temp right now, as I wanted to see if it was permanent before I strap it in.

3CBDCAEF-C6BB-404C-8FEC-BE69041FFA04 (resized).jpeg3CBDCAEF-C6BB-404C-8FEC-BE69041FFA04 (resized).jpeg960AC814-A2FA-4C01-8627-983BD8181C1D (resized).jpeg960AC814-A2FA-4C01-8627-983BD8181C1D (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #257 4 years ago

Stern has crap music quality, but it got better with Sam/Spike2. With PinWoofer it makes it sound amazing. Had someone come to my house to hear my Metallica with the SuperKit and he was blown away. He already purchased a SuperKit for his Luci! I am not sure, with Pinbrowser, if you can add better quality audio files to the machine. There is a guy PinballMIX who custom makes sound files for Sam and Spike; might be worth a shot.

1 week later
    #264 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I installed a Pinball Pro system designed to work with the 12" sub that Stern included on my original AC/DC Luci, but was never happy with the sound. Was planning to convert back to the original speakers when PinWoofer came along.

Hey, that's my story ... lol. I love me some Pinwoofer! Amazing product that is revolutionizing pinball!

1 month later
    #281 4 years ago

The product gets better and better. Did another install of the PinWoofer double amp (Super Kit) today. Went smooth, instructions are clear and up and rocking in an hour!! Keep up the amazing product, best on the market!

#291 4 years ago

Why don't you use the raccoon parts to hold the camera steady?

1 month later
    #308 4 years ago

Well, holy damn. I’ve only used PinWoofer in music pins, but last night I helped a buddy install a PinWoofer sub/amp and an amp/stock backbox speakers in his JP LE; and damn, the sounds are cleaner, crisper and more pronounced than before. Turns JP into a true motion picture machine. The sounds, the effects, the speech ... all over the top amazing! Now I’m thinking of buying a JP for myself just to add this PinWoofer insanity! Really takes a Pin to the next level!

2 weeks later
    #330 4 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

Just finished my installation of the PinWoofer set up for my Tommy.

Great game, great sound system!! Love my Tommy!

1 month later
    #349 4 years ago

Great timing Dan! I may or may not have acquired my IMDN

2 months later
    #403 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck at the twipys tomorrow Dan. You definitely had my vote for best new mod of 2019.

I concur! PinWoofer is a game changer. Anyone can sell speakers, but the amps set this product above and beyond all others! My vote was cast as well!

#414 4 years ago

I will say I am disappointed in how this turned out for Mods. For Mods, the mod should be provided by a third-party, not a manufacturer. Manufacturers have it easy with everything available to them, schematics, CAD drawings, and a supply chain. The manufacturer "mods" should have been included with the game at time of purchase (at least on certain trim levels) and not be in this category. At this rate the UV kit for ST will win for 2020, which is complete crap. Let the real Modders have a chance ...

Soapbox Off.

#418 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

If shooter rods are what the folks want, we'll give it to them!

Winner of 2020 ...

3 months later
    #454 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

advice. Also what do you set your music and speech attenuation levels to

Not sure about SW, but with many Sterns I don’t believe those settings do anything. Dial in the amp(s) and you’ll be golden

1 week later
    #457 3 years ago

I am geeked out over most amazing upgrade in the PinWoofer line, the PinWooferGT SuperKit! I was lucky enough to install this kit in my GnR DE this week and holy hell, AMAZING! I hated the sound with the original GnR sound board with upgraded speakers and needed a solution, which was going to be a PinSound board. I am so glad I waited and was able to install the PinWoofer GT Kit ... the ability to control the gain, treble, bass, backbox volume and bass frequency in a user-friendly, EASY to reach Amp!!

The kit was well packed, well organized, and well labeled ... and for a nice surprise, I added anti-rattle tape!! Where else can you add on anti-rattle tape without going to another vendor?? PinWoofer, that’s who!

The Amp is a work of art!! (See photos)

Install was much easier than previous PinWoofer version. Total install time was 35 minutes in a DataEast!! Once installed and I played with the above settings in the Amp (gain, volume, etc) until it was
    ‘Dialed in’. I now hear sounds that I never heard before in GnR even with the original DE sound board. Best investment in a long time for a Pin! Total game changer! Thank you PinWoofer for the innovation and sound!!
    CC81EEEA-A3D0-4912-9EBC-7171C7BE99EF (resized).jpegCC81EEEA-A3D0-4912-9EBC-7171C7BE99EF (resized).jpeg23037664-4EED-402C-AF8C-BB76A0F77AD3 (resized).jpeg23037664-4EED-402C-AF8C-BB76A0F77AD3 (resized).jpeg6AD7C007-24A1-4628-9683-857516561C46 (resized).jpeg6AD7C007-24A1-4628-9683-857516561C46 (resized).jpeg40F97E2F-0FE9-433C-A2DB-F97113F39883 (resized).jpeg40F97E2F-0FE9-433C-A2DB-F97113F39883 (resized).jpeg22129232-47E8-4183-B387-4C8389028CC3 (resized).jpeg22129232-47E8-4183-B387-4C8389028CC3 (resized).jpeg6DFBB64F-7FFB-44A9-8CE2-229AA9802959 (resized).jpeg6DFBB64F-7FFB-44A9-8CE2-229AA9802959 (resized).jpeg856E5B98-524F-4CA2-80F0-0DD29071E05F (resized).jpeg856E5B98-524F-4CA2-80F0-0DD29071E05F (resized).jpegC9D529D0-9C1B-453C-8500-4EAB2B1BCAD5 (resized).jpegC9D529D0-9C1B-453C-8500-4EAB2B1BCAD5 (resized).jpegDC49D714-CD94-4D3C-92CA-A56E201EA56D (resized).jpegDC49D714-CD94-4D3C-92CA-A56E201EA56D (resized).jpeg

#461 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Will go great in my 3rd machine.....yes 3rd...crazy....Any guesses?

Can I vote? And this will turn that title inside out! I can’t wait to hear it in there ... you thought BM66 and JP2 was amazing, just wait!

#467 3 years ago
    #472 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

does anyone have experience installing with the PinSound

Not yet, however given Some time, I may move my kit to my Tommy which does have Pinsound. Was going to add PinSound to GnR, but with this new amp, Dan saved me 400 as I don’t need it now! Amp is enough!!

2 months later
    #504 3 years ago
    Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I never realized how much sound was missing with the stock setup. This kit brings all the sound out of the game and is amazing

HurryUpPinball I found the same thing in my machines; call outs and sounds I’ve never heard came to life with this kit! Hands down the best mod on the market!!

3 weeks later
    #508 3 years ago
    Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

this time for a JJP machine

Thank you for sharing! I’ll be adding to GnR once it arrives

3 weeks later
    #518 3 years ago

It’s TWIPY time!!!!

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Ur not invited...lol

Only the cool people are invited! However I’m not sure what ‘Officially Licensed’ means this year. I’m not a huge fan of that wording.

#528 3 years ago

I did like the beads you got me last Valentines Day

7 months later
    #563 2 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I’ve bought kits from the other big audio names in pinball and they just don’t compare to this.
    Also, Dan is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met in pinball. He constantly followed up with me to make sure that I was happy with how each of my games sounded.
    Buy with confidence! Apologize to your wallet later.

Your experience echos mine. Had one of Dan’s first kits and keep going back for more! Great product and unbeatable customer service!!

2 weeks later
    #572 2 years ago
    Quoted from OhmEye:

Dan, thanks so much for the great phone conversation

The man is more than a mod maker, he knows audio and electronics more than anyone else I know! Glad y’all touched base

11 months later
    #651 1 year ago
    Quoted from Th3Warden:Order placed...Thanks PinWoofer for the info

Best system on the market! Game changer in all of my machines

1 month later
    #670 1 year ago
    Quoted from kanwisher:

I was really excited to get the kit. This is my first pinball machine. It shipped and arrived fairly quickly. I was a little disappointed to find the back box speakers were just a cheap set of $28 Chinese speakers, given the high price tag of the set. Apparently the machine I bought had swapped the smaller speaker grills out for larger ones to support a lighting system, but the lights + the 3d printed adapter + the speaker were too tall and couldn't fit under the cabinet rope, I was able to make things work by removing the speaker lighting kit. I was a little disappointed that the speaker negative cable connections weren't plug and play and I basically had to crimp it on one side of the connector because the negative was so small. Once I got everything setup, which wasn't too difficult, it sounded pretty good, I'm still experimenting with the settings to get the best sound for my preference. The suggested settings talk about 'gain' but I don't see that option on my amp. My current gripe is that I'm getting a lot of noise when there isn't anything playing, like some electrical feedback coming from the back box speakers , not sure if there is something I can do to eliminate that noise, it goes away mostly if I turned down the amp but then the game isn't very loud. The settings for the game and amp are using what is recommended, although I don't see anything for gain on my KO amp.

Did you call Dan for support or just come here and complain? Dan is the best in biz for support! My PinWoofer kits are amazing! The real power is in the Amp. Follow the instructions and you’ll be fine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dallas_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer?tu=dallas_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.