(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 4 years ago

So I’ve already put aftermarket (JBL) speakers in the backbox of my ACDC premium vault.

Stock sub and currently using an external sub.

I’d like to switch to this setup as my game will be more portable and still have great bass.

My question is, do you have an option to also amplify my backbox speakers as well as the cabinet sub?

Thanks!

#86 4 years ago

Yay! Can’t wait. My buddy MadPole has me very excited about this after talking with him about it.

#94 4 years ago

Just put the sub amp in with the 8” dual voice sub from Pinwoofer and it’s awesome! Love how you can dial the amp up and down to your liking. More than enough power. I’d say the sweet spot for me was about 25% power on the amp volume knob and the game volume at around 40

This was for an ACDC prem vault and I couldn’t think of a better game for it!

I have some aftermarket 2 way JBL speakers for the backbox I already installed.

Dan made me another amp for the backbox speakers that I have yet to install, but should be just as easy as the sub.

The instructions were very detailed and easy to follow. I just reached out to Dan to get help and make sure I tapped power at the right spot and we were good to go!

Using the service port for power is also an option. Dan recommended to not leave the amp on all the time, so if you do that, put it on a controlled switch (I use WiFi controlled outlets).

I’ll report back once I get the backbox amp in as well!

#97 4 years ago

I will say though, if you got FF already in your game, I don’t think I would dump that for this. Just a different option if your looking to upgrade stock, or eliminate a powered sub.

I take my games lots of places and this is way better than having to lug a powered sub everywhere.

I’ll report back once I have my backbox speakers on the same level as my cabinet sub.

#99 4 years ago

I just like the options. Some might prefer to have the sub amp upgrade from pinwoofer, or heck, they might prefer to beef up the backbox speakers with a pinwoofer amp, then just hook up a powered sub for the extra bass.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Got ya covered. Add the amp only kit and keep your FF driver in play!
    @Rdolye1978 did a stellar write up on page 2 showing the amp only kit with a 10" FF speak.

Yeah great point. Take the awesome speaker you already have and add this amp to it. Best of both worlds!

#106 4 years ago

Anyone put this in a spike game yet? Already thinking how it would do with stereo and my GOT.

#107 4 years ago

Just got done adding a separate amp to the backbox speakers. Fucking awesome! It as exactly what I wanted. The added bass from the original amp was great but overwhelmed the backbox speakers and I couldn’t find that perfect medium to where I had good bass and also good music and speech.

Adding this additional amp did the trick! Great that I had this option. Now the backbox speakers are pumping out the tunes and call outs and the sub is doing what it does best. Bass.

Couldn’t be happier. Now what to do with the external sub? I’m thinking Genesis. Haha

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Nice! How about a BBOX photo!?!

I’ve already buttoned it back up. Don’t let me forget. I’ll do it.

11 months later
    #402 4 years ago

Good luck at the twipys tomorrow Dan. You definitely had my vote for best new mod of 2019.

#413 4 years ago
    768B83D6-656C-4425-8BB5-6E3AB144F67E (resized).jpeg768B83D6-656C-4425-8BB5-6E3AB144F67E (resized).jpeg
    #416 3 years ago

I didn’t think about that before, but I agree. Manufacturer mods should be off the table no matter how good they are.

2 years later
    #692 1 year ago

Just got a SAM kit for my TWD LE. Can’t wait to install it!

3 weeks later
    #699 1 year ago

It works! Haha.

There’s a low hiss with the Sam system that took some tweaking to get it to a level I was okay with. Very happy with the quality though.

3 months later
    #703 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nethawk86:

Still deciding if I should upgrade my original run acdc luci from your old first edition kit to the new kit. Dan and I spoke on the phone a lot about my issues with the vocals and highs sounding muffled which was driving me crazy. I had original speakers (sounded the best clarity wise) then went with flipper fidelity (worst) then Dan came out with his first sets and while better punch, still had muffled sounds. He sent me replacement speakers and still had issues. Mine has speaker lights and the grills, but when removed, still muffled. I have Dans latest on my JJP Guns 'n Roses and its amazing on that. I am getting ready to order a kit for my incoming Foo fighters. Tough pill to swallow with the double cost on ACDC though from his old to new.....

It’s the SAM system I believe. Garbage in, garbage out. Only so much you can do to it. Did you play with the speech attenuation?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.