(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg
    There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
    #401 4 years ago

Super kit rocks on JP prem.Wife could feel the base in the tub upstairs.

#402 4 years ago

Good luck at the twipys tomorrow Dan. You definitely had my vote for best new mod of 2019.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck at the twipys tomorrow Dan. You definitely had my vote for best new mod of 2019.

I concur! PinWoofer is a game changer. Anyone can sell speakers, but the amps set this product above and beyond all others! My vote was cast as well!

#404 4 years ago

I just finished putting Pinwoofer backbox kits on my Iron Maiden and Deadpool (have external subs on each). Much clearer sound now, and as everyone else has pointed out, Dan has the best possible customer service and has a lot of patience with the kinds of dumb questions I kept asking.

#405 4 years ago

PinWoofer for president!

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

PinWoofer for president!

Three words: "Pinball Stimulus Package"!

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Three words: "Pinball Stimulus Package"!

Dont forget tonight's TWIPY. go go go pinny.

#408 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Pinwoofer is up for a twipy award for best mod of the year! All of you who have loved yours like I love mine should vote!!! Best mod (and best service)!

Quoted from DJY2J:

Voted for Pinwoofer.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I concur! PinWoofer is a game changer. Anyone can sell speakers, but the amps set this product above and beyond all others! My vote was cast as well!

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Dont forget tonight's TWIPY. go go go pinny.

Went back a couple of pages for quotes. It will be fun to watch the TWIPY awards tonight and we'll be happy for whomever wins the 19' MOD category because frankly, some great MODs were introduced last year by an array of VERY talented people! We appreciate all of the positive comments and votes - PinWoofer has been a lift and everyone who has supported us makes the effort worth it!

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Went back a couple of pages for quotes. It will be fun to watch the TWIPY awards tonight and we'll be happy for whomever wins the 19' MOD category because frankly, some great MODs were introduced last year by an array of VERY talented people! We appreciate all of the positive comments and votes - PinWoofer has been a lift and everyone who has supported us makes the effort worth it!

3 machines rocking with your super kits. I really need a new pin for 2020....no on ST and no on TMNT.

Are you supplying the drinks for tonight?

#410 4 years ago

Are you supplying the drinks for tonight?

Just observe the 6 foot rule!

#411 4 years ago

I have super kits on MET and AD/DC and love em both.

You got my vote.

Good luck tonight!

#412 4 years ago

Is there a stream for tonight’s awards? Anyone have a link?

#413 4 years ago
    768B83D6-656C-4425-8BB5-6E3AB144F67E (resized).jpeg768B83D6-656C-4425-8BB5-6E3AB144F67E (resized).jpeg
    #414 4 years ago

I will say I am disappointed in how this turned out for Mods. For Mods, the mod should be provided by a third-party, not a manufacturer. Manufacturers have it easy with everything available to them, schematics, CAD drawings, and a supply chain. The manufacturer "mods" should have been included with the game at time of purchase (at least on certain trim levels) and not be in this category. At this rate the UV kit for ST will win for 2020, which is complete crap. Let the real Modders have a chance ...

Soapbox Off.

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I will say I am disappointed in how this turned out for Mods. For Mods, the mod should be provided by a third-party, not a manufacturer. Manufacturers have it easy with everything available to them, schematics, CAD drawings, and a supply chain. The manufacturer "mods" should have been included with the game at time of purchase (at least on certain trim levels) and not be in this category. At this rate the UV kit for ST will win for 2020, which is complete crap. Let the real Modders have a chance ...
    Soapbox Off.

Couldn't agree more. I thought third-party was a requirement for this category.

So bizarre that Stern's shooter won, when the second run looks so crappy! They apparently changed suppliers and folks are pretty unhappy with what they received.

#416 4 years ago

I didn’t think about that before, but I agree. Manufacturer mods should be off the table no matter how good they are.

#417 4 years ago

If shooter rods are what the folks want, we'll give it to them!

20200330_122239 (resized).jpg20200330_122239 (resized).jpg
    #418 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

If shooter rods are what the folks want, we'll give it to them!

Winner of 2020 ...

#419 4 years ago

Picked up an MMr standard over the weekend. 10 seconds into my first game I realized it was missing some serious sound. Ordered the 6" woofer from Dan on Monday and it was delivered today (Weds). Installed the kit tonight and WOW, what a difference! Great price point and bang for the buck at least on this game is way ahead of all other mods.
    Lots of communication from Dan and very prompt in his responses and shipping. Could not be happier with this purchase!

#420 4 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Picked up an MMr standard over the weekend. 10 seconds into my first game I realized it was missing some serious sound. Ordered the 6" woofer from Dan on Monday and it was delivered today (Weds). Installed the kit tonight and WOW, what a difference! Great price point and bang for the buck at least on this game is way ahead of all other mods.
    Lots of communication from Dan and very prompt in his responses and shipping. Could not be happier with this purchase!

Great job on your PinWoofer install MLmotorsport ! Note that Medieval Madness, Medieval Madness (Remake - LE) and Medieval Madness (Remake - Standard) have a space constraint with the Troll Brackets being directly above the cabinet speaker, so we provide the rugged 6in dual voice coil kit which is more than enough to deliver great results.

Good times!

#421 4 years ago

#422 4 years ago

What happened to the installation section on the site? I was trying to explain how easy these are to install to a fellow pinsider, and I can't find the installation section.

#423 4 years ago

We supply kit instructions with the kit purchase directly to the customer, along with end to end technical support. A sub or backbox kit installs in about an hour. A super kit installs in about two hours. Later installs get much faster once you see what's going on. In most cases the majority of the install time is spent on the speaker upgrade which we have worked dilligently to streamline. Tools required are pliers, wire cutters, crimpers and a 5/16" and / or 11/16" nut driver. In some cases a small amount of desoldering is needed. Have your buddy get in touch with me and I'd be happy to answer any questions! Thanks

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

We supply kit instructions with the kit purchase directly to the customer, along with end to end technical support. A sub or backbox kit installs in about an hour. A super kit installs in about two hours. Later installs get much faster once you see what's going on. In most cases the majority of the install time is spent on the speaker upgrade which we have worked dilligently to streamline. Tools required are pliers, wire cutters, crimpers and a 5/16" and / or 11/16" nut driver. In some cases a small amount of desoldering is needed. Have your buddy get in touch with me and I'd be happy to answer any questions! Thanks

Thanks, I’ll have him email you.

2 weeks later
    #425 3 years ago

looking good mate....only one problem....that big toe ruined it....lol

Cheers, Lol I've never been good with taking photos.

#426 3 years ago

Where can I find install instructions for the super kit? I recieved 2 kits in the mail and I cant find any directions? Thanks!

#427 3 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where can I find install instructions for the super kit? I recieved 2 kits in the mail and I cant find any directions? Thanks!

Send a message to Dan, he will get you the instructions.

#428 3 years ago

Taken care of - thanks for your patience. By the way, there is a great blog post provided by MT45 that we thoroughly enjoyed reading:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-blog-thepinballloftcom#post-5614345

2 weeks later
    #429 3 years ago

After reading 9 pages of praise I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one or 2 kits. Metallica has Flipper Fidelity kit already, what's the consensus? Rip it out and start from scratch, or save some money and keep the better than stock speakers with the Pinwoofer amp? I think I'll just go with the full kit on Maiden as that is stock.

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

After reading 9 pages of praise I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one or 2 kits. Metallica has Flipper Fidelity kit already, what's the consensus? Rip it out and start from scratch, or save some money and keep the better than stock speakers with the Pinwoofer amp? I think I'll just go with the full kit on Maiden as that is stock.

I had the FF kit in my Metallica, was never happy with how it sounded. Yanked it all and installed the pinwoofer kit, never been happier. AC/DC was the first game I installed the kit in, that really blew me away, so I had to install it in Metallica. Iron Maiden got the treatment as well.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I had the FF kit in my Metallica, was never happy with how it sounded. Yanked it all and installed the pinwoofer kit, never been happier.

Ditto for me. Had FF in MET plus an external sub and always thought it just sounded kind of meh. Replaced it all with the full on Pinwoofer kit and couldn't be happier. Sounds is crisp and clean and the tactile feel of the in cabinet sub is almost like having another shaker. As far as getting the speakers, once you get both amps, the speakers are a relatively cheap add on, so I figured might as well go all the way with it and have the full system as Dan designed.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I had the FF kit in my Metallica, was never happy with how it sounded. Yanked it all and installed the pinwoofer kit, never been happier. AC/DC was the first game I installed the kit in, that really blew me away, so I had to install it in Metallica. Iron Maiden got the treatment as well.

Ditto here too with a Tommy. I’ve had a pinsound system in it for a year or so, and while it certainly expanded the musical choices, the sound with their speakers was - ehhh... good, but not great. I layered on the PinWoofer system, and it is much better. Almost regret adding the shaker since the sub does a nice job on its own shaking things up.

#433 3 years ago

Yup, you will love it I'm met and REALLLLLY love it in maiden.

#434 3 years ago

Well, there goes $500. Ha! I bought 2 full kits.

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Well worth it. I have loved mine.

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Best money ever spent...will be calling on Pin soon with number 3.

#437 3 years ago

Best money ever spent...will be calling on Pin soon with number 3.

Thanks for sharing the addiction. Just installed two dual amp kits this weekend. Krazy good stuff. And Dan provides great service.

#438 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Thanks for sharing the addiction. Just installed two dual amp kits this weekend. Krazy good stuff. And Dan provides great service.

Does this mean you bought 2 more machines?? If so I would like a invite asap. We can stand 6 feet apart.

#439 3 years ago

Does this mean you bought 2 more machines?? If so I would like a invite asap. We can stand 6 feet apart.

Well one more machine...
    Installed these in DP and GotG

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Well one more machine...

Quoted from spidey:

Well one more machine...

DP is new? LE?

#441 3 years ago

PinWoofer , I think this is needed next....LOL. Make sure you are not in baby making mode. HA

boomboom (resized).jpgboomboom (resized).jpg
    #442 3 years ago

DP premium HUO. Yeah you gotta come check it out. The super kit really has a great sound (as you know)! I've been doing stereo upgrades since high school so this was the next logical step. I've always replaced the speakers but the amps really take it to the next level.

#443 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

DP premium HUO. Yeah you gotta come check it out. The super kit really has a great sound (as you know)! I've been doing stereo upgrades since high school so this was the next logical step. I've always replaced the speakers but the amps really take it to the next level.

We are selling our two condos and buying a new house, guess what that means? I will take a few games off your hands..

#444 3 years ago

pinwoofer , I think this is needed next....LOL. Make sure you are not in baby making mode. HA[quoted image]

Oh geeze I needed a good laugh!

1 week later
    #445 3 years ago

I just installed the kit in my Metallica. I made a separate thread with a really lengthy review. I attempted to get some recordings so I could compare before and after. The recordings aren't great. Overall very happy and will buy again. Read the review here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinwoofer-review#post-5669667

#446 3 years ago

I'm not sure how many kits I've installed (with tons of help from Dan) close to 30 I think. The next will be a Stargate. The kits make pinball so much better. Thank for the great products Pinwoofer!

#447 3 years ago

So does this mod make all my polk subs obsolete and money wasted?

I am interested to try it. Years ago I got a kit for AC/DC from one of the other companies and was unimpressed. That's when I discovered adding a subwoofer made the biggest difference, and was all that I needed.

How superior is this kit over a Polk sub? Will i see a huge difference, or is it just better in getting rid of the box under the games?

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

So does this mod make all my polk subs obsolete and money wasted?
    I am interested to try it. Years ago I got a kit for AC/DC from one of the other companies and was unimpressed. That's when I discovered adding a subwoofer made the biggest difference, and was all that I needed.
    How superior is this kit over a Polk sub? Will i see a huge difference, or is it just better in getting rid of the box under the games?

In my opinion it's a huge upgrade from the external sub. I personally like that it is in the game, nothing outside to mess with. You can feel the bass with the sub in the cabinet as opposed to underneath. Stock backbox speakers are very thin sounding, this is a much fuller sound overall. I'll probably be selling off some external subs and Flipper Fidelity kits soon...

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I made a separate thread with a really lengthy review.

We're thrilled that you have taken the time to do an objective study of our system and to make some comparisons!

It's vital to us to understand the thought process and approach guys take with their audio, and it gives us a perspective that we otherwise may not have.

Thank you!

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucea1956:

Thank for the great products Pinwoofer!

brucea1956 , our sincere thanks to you as well!

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/9?hl=charger68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.