(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg
    There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
    #251 4 years ago

I got to check these out for the first time yesterday in person. It was awesome. I expected to hear a big difference over the stock speakers, which you definitely do, but I was surprised that you can also feel the bass in your hands. I'll be picking some up in the future.

1 week later
    #252 4 years ago

Just found this thread today--any update on the PinWoofer2TM? How close is it to release?

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Finished up installing the Super Kit from PinWoofer in my VE AC/DC. The sound is so much better that you need to hear one in person to really appreciate it. Install was straight forward, took probably an hour or so. Power to the amps is supplied by the accessory plug in the right side of the cabinet. I'm super happy with the sound, and Dan was checking on the install along the way to make sure everything went well. Really great dealing with them. Will probably be ordering another kit for Metallica.[quoted image]

For what it's worth, it's REALLY worth upgrading the songs via PinBrowser for better versions of the music. the songs on the stern machine are super compressed so that they played better on the crap speakers. you upgraded the speakers... now upgrade the music!

#254 4 years ago

Just to clarify...would reinstalling all the stock songs via PinBrowser (I’ve got the PinWoofer kit on Metallica) improve the sound significantly even without a PinSound board? Thanks.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Just found this thread today--any update on the PinWoofer2TM? How close is it to release?

Welcome to the thread and thanks for asking! PW2 ended up being the expansion into dual amp and backbox, i.e. the "super kit", and that work has completed. There is no reason to wait - what we are building now is the same as what we've been producing and that's what we'll be selling into our kits going forward for some time. If we make future changes we are committed to making things backward compatible and upgradeable for the existing customer base. We have evaluated some changes to the PCB, perhaps in winter or next spring. Right now the plan is pretty basic to help us get the boards we need without waiting, and to reduce the labor to produce the kit (still assembling in the USA). We have some aspirations of adding features (like equalization control) but that also adds cost and the requirement to add power to both boards so we continue to weight the costs and benefits. Hope that helps.

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For what it's worth, it's REALLY worth upgrading the songs via PinBrowser for better versions of the music. the songs on the stern machine are super compressed so that they played better on the crap speakers. you upgraded the speakers... now upgrade the music!

Great points. There also appears to be some serious high end equalization / boost in the treble with Stern, to make the audio work with the factory paper speakers (which have no discrete tweeter). I am advising PinWoofer customers to bring the treble down since our replacements backbox rounds are incredibly bright with the default settings. Of course, adjust to your preference.

Rdoyle1978 is this consistent with your experience?

Thanks

#257 4 years ago

Stern has crap music quality, but it got better with Sam/Spike2. With PinWoofer it makes it sound amazing. Had someone come to my house to hear my Metallica with the SuperKit and he was blown away. He already purchased a SuperKit for his Luci! I am not sure, with Pinbrowser, if you can add better quality audio files to the machine. There is a guy PinballMIX who custom makes sound files for Sam and Spike; might be worth a shot.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just to clarify...would reinstalling all the stock songs via PinBrowser (I’ve got the PinWoofer kit on Metallica) improve the sound significantly even without a PinSound board? Thanks.

You can’t install a PinSound board on AC/DC, but the big benefit is the song files
    Themselves are crappy. Put some better mp3s ripped from a CD on there now that you have good speakers. (It’s not as straight forward as it sounds but man is it worth it)

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great points. There also appears to be some serious high end equalization / boost in the treble with Stern, to make the audio work with the factory paper speakers (which have no discrete tweeter). I am advising PinWoofer customers to bring the treble down since our replacements backbox rounds are incredibly bright with the default settings. Of course, adjust to your preference.
    rdoyle1978 is this consistent with your experience?
    Thanks

It helps a lot, but I believe the files are mono, and they are compressed significantly (audio compression) so they only get so much better by tweaking the tone

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can’t install a PinSound board on AC/DC, but the big benefit is the song files
    Themselves are crappy. Put some better mp3s ripped from a CD on there now that you have good speakers. (It’s not as straight forward as it sounds but man is it worth it)

Thanks. Any tips or good tutorials you’d recommend on how to use Pin Browser?

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks. Any tips or good tutorials you’d recommend on how to use Pin Browser?

Check the thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#262 4 years ago

Just wanted to thank Dan for a great product and customer service. I installed a Pinball Pro system designed to work with the 12" sub that Stern included on my original AC/DC Luci, but was never happy with the sound. Was planning to convert back to the original speakers when PinWoofer came along. Dan was wiling to supply a Super Kit to work with the existing huge Stern sub. It took me about an hour to install the new system. I wasn't sure about a couple things so sent Dan an email. He got back to me within minutes to give him a call, and was able to answer my questions right away. I'm still fine tuning the sound but it's vastly improved over the non-amplified Pinball Pro system. I probably could have left the Pinball Pro back-box speakers and L-Pad in place and just added PinWoofer amplifiers, but wanted to start from a clean slate. I'm not that picky about sound but a quality speaker system makes a huge difference on a machine like AC/DC. I have an Avengers Hulk with stock SAM speakers and Polk sub right next to AC/DC, and you can clearly here the improvement with PinWoofer. I installed PinSound on my TZ several months ago and will probably add a PinWoofer system now to get the full benefit.

#263 4 years ago

Hear hear. PinWoofer and Dan in particular are doing major good work for pinball

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I installed a Pinball Pro system designed to work with the 12" sub that Stern included on my original AC/DC Luci, but was never happy with the sound. Was planning to convert back to the original speakers when PinWoofer came along.

Hey, that's my story ... lol. I love me some Pinwoofer! Amazing product that is revolutionizing pinball!

#265 4 years ago

Wow! What a bunch of nice comments to wake up to! We are doing a large run of amps at this time getting ready for the fall, and you guys have been so helpful in refining the product to a mature state. Thank you!

1 week later
    #266 4 years ago

Reading good things about this kit. Just got my first new machine ever last night (Metallica) and better sound could be great. Pardon the ignorant question, but does this kit utilize the stock volume controls?

#267 4 years ago

Yes, once you get your amps set where you want, you can adjust the volume normally.

The kit totally kicks ass in Metallica.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Yes, once you get your amps set where you want, you can adjust the volume normally.
    The kit totally kicks ass in Metallica.

thanks for the reply!

#269 4 years ago

Here is the link to the kit Kawydud was referring to for MET:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

Select "Stern - SAM / Whitestar" under the "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS" menu option.

Good times!

2 weeks later
    #270 4 years ago

My WMS IJ just blew the backbox speakers. I have a Pinsound setup in place of my DCS card. Is there a speaker setup for me?

#271 4 years ago

Have a DP premium. Was thinking of putting kenwood KFC-S1366 and a Polk 8” sub. But maybe I should get this sub instead? So spike 2 no probs. Don’t want 4” speakers, so will not go for the whole kit. Any advice?

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Have a DP premium. Was thinking of putting kenwood KFC-S1366 and a Polk 8” sub. But maybe I should get this sub instead? So spike 2 no probs. Don’t want 4” speakers, so will not go for the whole kit. Any advice?

Greetings, Judging from our orders Australia must have a great pinball scene!

I looked at those Kenwood 5-1/4" backbox speakers and provided you have a means to mount them in your Deadpool, they will sound excellent and are a great choice. They are fully compatible with our system.

I'd recommend going with the super kit but delete our 4" backbox speakers. This kit will have a full-range 50Wx2 max backbox amplifier, subwoofer amplifier (also 50Wx2 max) and an 8" subwoofer driver running dual voice-coils. It also includes a Spike-2 12V PinWoofer Power Cable. The kit is plug and play and will install in about an hour. Here is the link for you to look it over:

You will be shocked at the sound improvement. The bass will rumble and the backbox will be amazingly clear, and the entire system as loud as you want it.

Thanks,

Dan

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

My WMS IJ just blew the backbox speakers. I have a Pinsound setup in place of my DCS card. Is there a speaker setup for me?

Greetings underlord !

The PinWoofer system combined with the the aftermarket sound card you mentioned has the most phenomenal integrated pinball audio possible, hands down, and specifically for IJ. (Perhaps some other PinSiders can remark on their experience with this combination.) I can certainly assemble a custom kit for you depending on where you want to be. We'll come up with something epic, or else I'll do my best to provide some free advice you can use to achieve your pinball audio goals.

(I would also like to better understand what caused the blown speakers.)

Thanks,

Dan

#274 4 years ago

I love my PinWoofer in IJ with pinsound and an amazing mix. One of the best sound experiences in pinball. Literally.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings underlord !
    The PinWoofer system combined with the the aftermarket sound card you mentioned has the most phenomenal integrated pinball audio possible, hands down, and specifically for IJ. (Perhaps some other PinSiders can remark on their experience with this combination.) I can certainly assemble a custom kit for you depending on where you want to be. We'll come up with something epic, or else I'll do my best to provide some free advice you can use to achieve your pinball audio goals.
    (I would also like to better understand what caused the blown speakers.)
    Thanks,
    Dan

Epic kit of course. Age killed the speakers. Gen1 FF system couldn’t handle the improved Pinsound output. Actually it was the lh backbox that distorted out.
    I will pm you for an epic estimate.

2 weeks later
    #276 4 years ago

Greetings! Thought I'd mention a new product addition. The often asked for, and long awaited WPC / WPC95 powered backbox kit. 3-1/2" to 5-1/4" adapters make installation a breeze.

The backbox kit is a great addition to your already powered subwoofer kit:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-4-powered-backbox-kit

Available in super kit as well:

Play pinball!

T2_Backbox_10 (resized).jpgT2_Backbox_10 (resized).jpg5.254inPoweredKit (resized).jpg5.254inPoweredKit (resized).jpgPinWoofer-5.25in-Super-Kit (resized).jpgPinWoofer-5.25in-Super-Kit (resized).jpg
    #277 4 years ago

I think I need this for my mmr. Does that exist?

#278 4 years ago

It does! Select "CGC - Chicago Gaming Company" under "PLATFORM AND SINGLE AMP POWER HARNESS" in the shop. Thanks paynemic !

If you want a dual amplifier power harness to go with your existing PinWoofer sub, I can throw that in - just let me know.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

It does! Select "CGC - Chicago Gaming Company" under "PLATFORM AND SINGLE AMP POWER HARNESS" in the shop. Thanks paynemic !
    If you want a dual amplifier power harness to go with your existing PinWoofer sub, I can throw that in - just let me know.

That would be great. I have your sub in that one already!

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

That would be great. I have your sub in that one already!

Ordered. Thanks

#281 4 years ago

The product gets better and better. Did another install of the PinWoofer double amp (Super Kit) today. Went smooth, instructions are clear and up and rocking in an hour!! Keep up the amazing product, best on the market!

#282 4 years ago

Yeah Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Rock on and I loved the magnets to mount it up on the back panel. No drilling needed. Great touch.

I will be back on my next NIB machine.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Rock on and I loved the magnets to mount it up on the back panel. No drilling needed. Great touch.

Can someone explain this? Magnetic attachments?

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone explain this? Magnetic attachments?

Something like this paynemic ! Some guys are also fixing to their color DMD, or anyplace with Iron. (There is a set in your MMr CGC backbox kit. )

Resized_20190716_150030_8517 (resized).jpegResized_20190716_150030_8517 (resized).jpegDSCN1169 (resized).JPGDSCN1169 (resized).JPGBBOXMagMount (resized).jpgBBOXMagMount (resized).jpg
    #285 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

The product gets better and better. Did another install of the PinWoofer double amp (Super Kit) today. Went smooth, instructions are clear and up and rocking in an hour!! Keep up the amazing product, best on the market!

Thanks for the kind words, Dallas_Pin !

#286 4 years ago

Royale-W-Cheese - you have GOT to post some photos or a short vid of LUCI! That pin is over the top - and the effort put into it was a true collaboration! Really what pinball is all about.

#287 4 years ago

Can we post videos in pinside? I can do a quick 30 secs.

Quoted from PinWoofer:

eightballtexas - you have GOT to post some photos or a short vid of LUCI! That pin is over the top - and the effort put into it was a true collaboration! Really what pinball is all about.

Can we post videos in pinside? I can do a quick 30 secs. I am going to re-do another video with all the mods. LOL.

Had a great time with my new pin pals from Plano.

We chatted , laughed, and popped this baby in sooo easy. Rocking the house tonight.

3amigos (resized).JPG3amigos (resized).JPG
    #288 4 years ago

Can we post videos in pinside?

Under "POSTING TIPS" below:

"Videos from YouTube and Vimeo get embedded automagically and will link to the fullscreen player. Simply paste the link in the post text box."

#289 4 years ago

I am not a video guru by any means , no bashing the newbie please. I need a tripod so I can do videos while playing. LOL.

Thanks again to PINWOOFER, your name says it all. The Woofer is Woof Woof. I think the cops just did a drive by...HA.

#290 4 years ago

Just installed on my WMS IJ. Damn. Just...damn.

Beyond words on the sound. NOW I understand why I got a Pinsound card! Great work Dan!

And the customer attention to detail, amazing. Thank you.

#291 4 years ago

Why don't you use the raccoon parts to hold the camera steady?

#292 4 years ago

So not funny.

You owe me a few beers for that one. I will collect in Chicago.

1 week later
    #293 4 years ago

If anyone is on the fence about adding these amps to your pins, don't be. These are fantastic! I have recently added these to 9 of my games and the difference is mind blowing. If you've ever listened to a game through headphones, you'll notice sounds that you've never heard before. These do the same thing for the speakers. The clarity and volume are at another level.

I have installed them with Pinwoofer speakers, Flipper Fidelity speakers and the PinSound kit. They all sound fantastic!

Dan's customer service is top notch and he will make sure you get up and running as easily as possible. Highly recommended.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgposter:

If anyone is on the fence about adding these amps to your pins, don't be. These are fantastic! I have recently added these to 9 of my games and the difference is mind blowing. If you've ever listened to a game through headphones, you'll notice sounds that you've never heard before. These do the same thing for the speakers. The clarity and volume are at another level.
    I have installed them with Pinwoofer speakers, Flipper Fidelity speakers and the PinSound kit. They all sound fantastic!
    Dan's customer service is top notch and he will make sure you get up and running as easily as possible. Highly recommended.

Agreed he is top notch.

I will be back also.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgposter:

Quoted for truth. It really is quite impressive

#296 4 years ago

You guys are awesome! In appreciation, use offer code "ENDOFSUMMER" at checkout to receive 10% off of your order, through tomorrow:

https://PinWoofer.com

If you have a custom order, as usual, don't hesitate to give a shout!

Thanks!!!

Dan and Emily
    PinWoofer

subdudeIllustration (resized).jpgsubdudeIllustration (resized).jpg
    #297 4 years ago

Ring art!

DSCN1491 (resized).JPGDSCN1491 (resized).JPGDSCN1496 (resized).JPGDSCN1496 (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #298 4 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their Flintstones with the Superkit? I have a bunch of mods, Color DMD and the 12v is already at its max!! I had to disconnect mods in order for the fuse not blow. The kit looks like it taps into the 12v. Also wondering where the installation instructions are posted.

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Has anyone upgraded their Flintstones with the Superkit? I have a bunch of mods, Color DMD and the 12v is already at its max!! I had to disconnect mods in order for the fuse not blow. The kit looks like it taps into the 12v. Also wondering where the installation instructions are posted.

Sounds like you need an auxiliary power supply anyway. I’ve done a couple and it’s super easy. Get all your mods going and some sweet sweet sounds!

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

WPC's are turnkey and there are a few Flintstones on the books (what a great title - I love the orbits above the flippers).

As paynemic indicated, an aux supply is probably in order but there are a few potential avenues to get you more on the 12V front. I will need to better understand what you have now.

Detailed instructions are provided when your kit ships.

Thanks for asking!

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.