28 days ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Crossover (resized).jpg
    CF532912-361C-445B-AD81-BE2205D64D32 (resized).jpeg
    502F447D-02D3-4EE0-9BC4-3E3DFCD08F03 (resized).jpeg
    AA19B868-726C-4D4E-B570-D5263375A9A5 (resized).jpeg
    4C50738A-46EE-47B0-9F4F-B2C127E0CA14 (resized).jpeg
    20190327_181235.jpg
    20190407_185313.jpg
    20190407_185351.jpg
    20190407_141415.jpg
    Lug (resized).jpg
    134995C7-6CFE-472F-A0CF-43F7F8FBE477 (resized).jpeg
    EBCDED5E-C516-4703-A05A-40CEE1F7A0A0 (resized).jpeg
    9460D324-4E84-4C37-860E-63406B30F5B0 (resized).jpeg
    B436DEB6-38DD-44A8-951E-733BD2E4826F (resized).jpeg
    20190408_184253_2.jpg
    20190408_184253_2 (resized).jpg

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #102 9 days ago

HECK IT ALL
    HECKING HECK

#103 9 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been waitin on yer review sweetpea. Thumbs up eh? Gonna throw these in MET. Debating rippin the FF's outta Angus and puttin these in, but no.

Got ya covered. Add the amp only kit and keep your FF driver in play!

@Rdolye1978 did a stellar write up on page 2 showing the amp only kit with a 10" FF speak.

#104 9 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

@Rdolye1978 did a stellar write up on page 2 showing the amp only kit with a 10" FF speak.

Yeah great point. Take the awesome speaker you already have and add this amp to it. Best of both worlds!

#105 8 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

FWIW the Pinsound speakers (and specifically the woofer) sound -SIGNIFICANTLY- better than the FF woofer does. It’s just a way better driver, with a Kevlar cone and I imagine the PinWoofer driver is comparable. FF is good and a nice step up but it’s really important to have good drivers to go with the amp.

#106 8 days ago

Anyone put this in a spike game yet? Already thinking how it would do with stereo and my GOT.

#107 8 days ago

Just got done adding a separate amp to the backbox speakers. Fucking awesome! It as exactly what I wanted. The added bass from the original amp was great but overwhelmed the backbox speakers and I couldn’t find that perfect medium to where I had good bass and also good music and speech.

Adding this additional amp did the trick! Great that I had this option. Now the backbox speakers are pumping out the tunes and call outs and the sub is doing what it does best. Bass.

Couldn’t be happier. Now what to do with the external sub? I’m thinking Genesis. Haha

#108 8 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got done adding a separate amp to the backbox speakers. Fucking awesome! It as exactly what I wanted. The added bass from the original amp was great but overwhelmed the backbox speakers and I couldn’t find that perfect medium to where I had good bass and also good music and speech.
    Adding this additional amp did the trick! Great that I had this option. Now the backbox speakers are pumping out the tunes and call outs and the sub is doing what it does best. Bass.
    Couldn’t be happier. Now what to do with the external sub? I’m thinking Genesis. Haha

Nice! How about a BBOX photo!?!

#109 8 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Nice! How about a BBOX photo!?!

I’ve already buttoned it back up. Don’t let me forget. I’ll do it.

#110 7 days ago

Do u have kits for ACDC lucy edition and ghostbusters?

#111 7 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW the Pinsound speakers (and specifically the woofer) sound -SIGNIFICANTLY- better than the FF woofer does. It’s just a way better driver, with a Kevlar cone and I imagine the PinWoofer driver is comparable. FF is good and a nice step up but it’s really important to have good drivers to go with the amp.

What? You realize the exact woofer being sold here can be bought for $22 shipped on Amazon right?
    amazon.com link »

They are more than likely better than stock speakers but there is no way they are significantly better(or better at all IMO) than Flipper Fidelity speakers.

And sorry for being "that guy", but the exact same amplifier and line converter can be had on Amazon for dirt cheap too.
    Amplifier for $9 shipped...
    amazon.com link »
    Line converter for $7.99 shipped...
    amazon.com link »

Add another maybe $10 in wiring/hardware and you can get everything sold here minus the speaker adapter/ring for $50.

#112 7 days ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

What? You realize the exact woofer being sold here can be bought for $22 shipped on Amazon right?
    amazon.com link »
    They are more than likely better than stock speakers but there is no way they are significantly better(or better at all IMO) than Flipper Fidelity speakers.
    And sorry for being "that guy", but the exact same amplifier and line converter can be had on Amazon for dirt cheap too.
    amazon.com link »
    amazon.com link »
    Add another maybe $10 in wiring/hardware and you can get everything sold here minus the speaker adapter/ring for $50.

Cool story, bro.

Turns out I was comparing the PinSound speakers because I have them in another game and was able to compare them. I don’t have the PinWoofer cones, although I am sure they are good as well.

Additionally think what’s being offered here is the hardware PLUS LABOR for a pretty damn low cost. But go ahead and shop on Amazon for yer stuff, my time is more important to me than $50

#113 7 days ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

amazon.com link »
    amazon.com link »
    amazon.com link »

Sure, we already covered this and everyone already knows what you're pointing out - full disclosure and we've got nothing to hide. And yes, you are "that guy" and I've been waiting for you to comment from day one (but I'm sure you are a good guy, but possibly a competitor).

The point of the kit is to put it all together (zero effort for the customer, and everything works together with spares) in a reliable and easy to install format, and provide the CNC cut pieces.

Customer service and one on one customer assistance are vital to our customers and they understand this. Is this available on Amazon?

You can gather up these bits and pieces and cobble it together yourself but it won't sound the same. Try it.

The amp modules are assembled and tested as a set before shipment. We've shipped close to 50 units and 100% have installed without issue.

Also, not everyone can or wants to go to the trouble - cost is not everything.

On a final note, PinWoofer2 is coming. While I won't disclose what this is, my paying customers can get an upgrade and it will be revolutionary.

Best wishes.

#114 7 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Sure, we already covered this and everyone already knows what you're pointing out - full disclosure and we've got nothing to hide. And yes, you are "that guy" and I've been waiting for you to comment from day one (but I'm sure you are a good guy, but possibly a competitor).
    The point of the kit is to put it all together (zero effort for the customer, and everything works together with spares) in a reliable and easy to install format, and provide the CNC cut pieces.
    Customer service and one on one customer assistance are vital to our customers and they understand this. Is this available on Amazon?
    You can gather up these bits and pieces and cobble it together yourself but it won't sound the same. Try it.
    The amp modules are assembled and tested as a set before shipment. We've shipped close to 50 units and 100% have installed without issue.
    Also, not everyone can or wants to go to the trouble - cost is not everything.
    On a final note, PinWoofer2 is coming. While I won't disclose what this is, my paying customers can get an upgrade and it will be revolutionary.
    Best wishes.

I’ll take 4. Whatever they are!

Agreed that probably a lot of people who are clever enough to work on their own pins could cobble together something in this lane. But for that little savings, why? These things go in like they were meant to be there from the beginning. And for those, like me, who don’t love tinkering but are more into playing, this is the way to go.

#115 7 days ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi there, did not see a price
    How much is it for a System 11 one (Swords of Fury) with shipping to Switzerland?
    (Btw do you have some speakers that'd be better thab the stock ones?)

After discussing your pin's power requirements, I have included a 2m power cable with your kit that should solve your dilemma in routing to the backbox.

Good luck!

#116 7 days ago

Just put the smaller version in my MMr. Wow what a difference! Pretty sure the big one won’t fit under the trolls. Certainly not with the mounting ring. But frankly, I don’t think I could take any more bass!

Photos before during and after

AA19B868-726C-4D4E-B570-D5263375A9A5 (resized).jpeg4C50738A-46EE-47B0-9F4F-B2C127E0CA14 (resized).jpeg502F447D-02D3-4EE0-9BC4-3E3DFCD08F03 (resized).jpegCF532912-361C-445B-AD81-BE2205D64D32 (resized).jpeg
    #117 7 days ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Just put the smaller version in my MMr. Wow what a difference! Pretty sure the big one won’t fit under the trolls. Certainly not with the mounting ring. But frankly, I don’t think I could take any more bass!
    Photos before during and after
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice install paynemic !

#118 6 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

After discussing your pin's power requirements, I have included a 2m power cable with your kit that should solve your dilemma in routing to the backbox.
    Good luck!

Ok, thanks. Will report back after install, but as I am doing a full rebuild it'll be in some time unless the post delivers it fast enough and I get it before dismantling

#119 5 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Seriously why wouldn't it sound the same !?

All off the shelf parts hooked together and only two adjustment pots that need to be fine tuned.

I get why your doing this don't have any qualms about what your doing but don't go around saying that the average person cant buy all the parts and put it together in the same manner and not have the same results as someone that goes and buys one of your kits is just wrong in soo many ways.

#120 5 days ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

All off the shelf parts hooked together and only two adjustment pots that need to be fine tuned.
    I get why your doing this don't have any qualms about what your doing but don't go around saying that the average person cant buy all the parts and put it together in the same manner and not have the same results as someone that goes and buys one of your kits is just wrong in soo many ways.

That's right. We added a low pass filter. See the image. Nobody is going around saying anything that's not true. The results won't be the same. Like I said, try it - it's your time.

We're here just trying to make things better in pinball. Units are selling well and our customers love us. I've helped many of the guys here solve problems that they otherwise would have struggled with. Value has been added. It's a service that comes along with being our customer.

Go arrange for the design and fab of a precision interposer, cut up some 0.100" acrylic and drill the required 12 holes, find the connectors and hardware, and spend Saturday making one for yourself. It's a free country and bless you for trying.

We offer a kit that's ready to go with expert support. The whole is larger than the parts.

Have a great day friend, and thanks for the challenge.

Crossover (resized).jpg
    #121 5 days ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

I say put your money where your mouth is!

#122 5 days ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Go arrange for the design and fab of a precision interposer, cut up some 0.100" acrylic and drill the required 12 holes, find the connectors and hardware, and spend Saturday making one for yourself.
    [quoted image]

I think your under the wrong assumption that everyone that has a pinball or visits this site has no ability at all to fabricate ?

#123 5 days ago

I've been watching this, and commend your work, having everything together and ready to go and install along with a detailed website and as you mentioned, customer support. When I first saw it I went right to AliExpress and checked prices on the exact components, with a speaker from eBay. I Diy, so I wouldn't need a kit, but again, it looks perfect for people who just want it ready to roll. You mentioned you have a "low pass filter" installed, but looking at all the pics of the setups I don't see one wired in anywhere?

#124 5 days ago

I’m not seeing the added “low pass filter” in the pictures too.

#125 4 days ago

ive got 8 kits installed, i like the idea of a complete kit all ready to go and even with a few spare connectors and such.
    good instructions and easy install, gets even faster after installing a few of them. pure base.

#126 2 days ago

So where is the “low pass filter”?

#127 10 hours ago

Are the speaker and amp kits compatible with MBr, AFMr, and JJP games?

#128 9 hours ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Electrically they are 100% compatible.

Mechanically, there is plenty of room for the 8" speaker and interposer in MBr and AFMr. While we await customer feedback for WOZ, we do not have confirmation for the other JJP titles. There is a lot going on in the JJP cabs but I'm sure we have a solution.

You might start with the confirmed titles, and test fit your kits when they arrive for your JJP's. If you want to chat more PM or send an email from the website. Happy to have a phone call.

https://pinwoofer.com

Cheers

#129 8 hours ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you have 12vdc ( w headroom) and room in the cab for speaker depth including size adapter if needed, it works in any machine...

Really not a biggie here....WOZ has a pretty robust speaker system as is, so might be diminished returns there ( i.e. my AlienLE already has a ridiculous system)

Putting one in my MunstersLE...Anxious to see ( hear) the extra bottom...We shall see...

#130 7 hours ago

I put an 8” in my stern Star Wars today. Definitely my favorite sound improvement so far (MMr was a close second). Sound is SO good now. Like it’s coming from a nice big sound system.

I took power off the dollar bill acceptor header on the board by the coin door. Super easy. Amazing sound improvement. Crazy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 8,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 6.95
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside