(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hope we can make the already good Aliens better. Have not heard anyone complain on the stock.

I've not heard it myself, but my guess is to leave it alone Royale-W-Cheese - and no toes!

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...so if I wanted to get the best system you've got for my next game, what would it be? The KO or the GT?

Hey beelzeboob !

"Best" is subjective - the difference between offerings is in the feature set.

Anyone can call the shop and describe what their goals are and I can advise.

Happy to help.

Thanks,

Dan

+1 208 855 0346

PinWoofer Amplifier Feature Matrix (resized).JPGPinWoofer Amplifier Feature Matrix (resized).JPG
    #603 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey beelzeboob !
    "Best" is subjective - the difference between offerings is in the feature set.
    Anyone can call the shop and describe what their goals are and I can advise.
    Happy to help.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    +1 208 855 0346
    [quoted image]

Well, "best" in my mind is the one with all the bells and whistles. So I guess the GT it is! (I just wish I had known about the price increase when I PM'ed you...I would have just bought one and stored it for the game coming at the end of the year.)

PS - My friend will be contacting you for a GT set for his LZLE. He loves the way mine sounds.

4 weeks later
    #605 2 years ago

Thought I would share my experience with the GnR kit I bought. To keep it short but sweet, yes the speakers sound better than stock. I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend them for music pins specifically. Is it imperative like a color dmd? No IMO. Is it super easy to install? Yes. And I can't stress how good the customer service is from Dan. The guy is a BEAST and responded to my questions literally within the hour I sent it.

Big props to Dan and appreciate the help. My GnR now sounds even better. Cheers.

#606 2 years ago

Where can I find instructions on the Pinwoofer system regarding making adjustments. My AIQ came with the new system installed and it sounds fine with the volume cranked. But when I want to play at lower volumes, I getting popping and audio cutting out. Leaving AIQ with a ball in the launcher, some of the audio is actually missing from the music and it sounds awful.

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Where can I find instructions on the Pinwoofer system regarding making adjustments. My AIQ came with the new system installed and it sounds fine with the volume cranked. But when I want to play at lower volumes, I getting popping and audio cutting out. Leaving AIQ with a ball in the launcher, some of the audio is actually missing from the music and it sounds awful.

Here are the recommended starting adjustments for AIQ:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-avengers-infinity-quest-amplifier-settings/

The critical adjustment in your case to set the gain to 3o'clock.

Please give me an email or call if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Dan
    https://PinWoofer.com
    [email protected]
    +1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

2 months later
    #608 2 years ago

I ordered the GT kit for my new Wonka LE. There is so much going on with the audio, great movie clips and audio bytes that were getting lost with the original speakers. I was a bit skeptical. The install took me a bit because I’m a bit of an idiot when it comes to these things but that’s just me. Anyway, I was blown away. It was 10X better than the stock audio. So good in fact, I ordered another one for my Godzilla Premium. I can’t wait to hear it on that thing. It makes me sad that the manufacturers could have audio like this in their pins for just a little more and don’t, but that’s why pinwoofer fills the niche. Great product.

#609 2 years ago
    Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just wrapped up my second PinWoofer install tutorial, this time for a JJP machine. It made a world of difference on Wonka and I am really glad to finally have some rich sounds and bass. Just wanted to share this in case anyone was considering adding a PinWoofer kit to their JJP machine. Again, I never knew how much sound was missing until I installed this kit.

Thanks for the video. Great tutorial. Helped me out a lot today on my install.

#610 2 years ago

What's the likelihood of any Black Saturday deals Dan? Been sitting on the fence for a while.

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kenswift:

I ordered the GT kit for my new Wonka LE. There is so much going on with the audio, great movie clips and audio bytes that were getting lost with the original speakers. I was a bit skeptical. The install took me a bit because I’m a bit of an idiot when it comes to these things but that’s just me. Anyway, I was blown away. It was 10X better than the stock audio. So good in fact, I ordered another one for my Godzilla Premium. I can’t wait to hear it on that thing. It makes me sad that the manufacturers could have audio like this in their pins for just a little more and don’t, but that’s why pinwoofer fills the niche. Great product.

What a great comment to wake up to and we're thrilled you are enjoying the upgrade!

Our sincere thanks, Dan@PinWoofer

#612 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kenswift:

Thanks for the video. Great tutorial. Helped me out a lot today on my install.

Crag at HurryUpPinball is THE BEST out there for pinball explainer vids - keep up the great work!

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What's the likelihood of any Black Saturday deals Dan? Been sitting on the fence for a while.

Hey Flynnyfalcon ! Great to hear from you.

Considering the supply chain issues in the US and the rapidly rising cost of our goods sold, we will not be having a Black Friday sale this year. We have managed to keep our pricing flat and hope to be able to do so through November, and to re-evaluate next month. I wish it were different - it would have been fun.

Best wishes!

#614 2 years ago

I recently installed the Pinwoofer system in my EHOH everything was clearer and sharper. Great product and installation video. Dan is great to work with.

#615 2 years ago

Just put one of Dan's kits on zilla, night and day difference. Call outs are crisp, zilla roar more defined, bass hits hard, great addition.

Thanks, Dan

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from brucea1956:

I recently installed the Pinwoofer system in my EHOH everything was clearer and sharper. Great product and installation video. Dan is great to work with.

Quoted from Charger68:

Just put one of Dan's kits on zilla, night and day difference. Call outs are crisp, zilla roar more defined, bass hits hard, great addition.
    Thanks, Dan

Great news! I believe both of these were the Knockout "KO" Amplifier - can't go wrong there.

Enjoy!

#617 2 years ago

KO amp on gz here as well. Couldn't be happier!

#618 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

KO amp on gz here as well. Couldn't be happier!

Hayfarmer ! Great to hear from you!!!

#619 2 years ago

Difference bw ko and the gt? Any Black Friday sale happening?

#620 2 years ago

I’ve never understood this and maybe I’m doing it wrong, but what are we supposed to do with the smallness of the negative terminal on the pyle speaker, as it doesn’t match size of connector on wiring harness and is super loose/wonky when connected?

CC55E708-0D45-49B6-AE55-1F8ED4D68E5C (resized).jpegCC55E708-0D45-49B6-AE55-1F8ED4D68E5C (resized).jpeg
    #621 2 years ago

Just pinch the connector a bit with pliers, easy to spread open with a screwdriver if you go too far

#622 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just pinch the connector a bit with pliers, easy to spread open with a screwdriver if you go too far

Perfect, thank you!

Anyone know of there are any recommended amp settings yet for Godzilla?

#623 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

I’ve never understood this and maybe I’m doing it wrong, but what are we supposed to do with the smallness of the negative terminal on the pyle speaker, as it doesn’t match size of connector on wiring harness and is super loose/wonky when connected?[quoted image]

This should help but Hayfarmer seems to have you covered:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-tighten-up-loose-speaker-terminal-crimps/

The rationale behind not changing the blue negative crimp to a smaller one, is that there are other speakers out there and we don't want to hem ourselves or the customer in to a small negative connector if another speaker is in play.

#624 2 years ago

Perfect, thank you!

Here are the recommended settings:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-godzilla-amplifier-settings-da4b0b/

Please PM if you need any additional assistance - happy to help out!

#625 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Difference bw ko and the gt? Any Black Friday sale happening?

Hey delt31 - the amplifier feature differences are shown in the image below.

I made a comment earlier with regards to Black Friday:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/13#post-6615398

Thanks for asking!

pinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpgpinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpg

#626 2 years ago

If I have a GZLE , will the pinwoofer speakers really sound better than the kenwoods? If not, do you sell the amp and wires without the speakers if you think the speakers are similar.

#627 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medic:

If I have a GZLE , will the pinwoofer speakers really sound better than the kenwoods? If not, do you sell the amp and wires without the speakers if you think the speakers are similar.

Yes, the PinWoofer supplied speakers will sound better. We recommend getting the KFC-1366S out of play and to replace them. This Kenwood model has a smaller voice coil and magnet, and the result is a thin sounding backbox. Below is a trusted comparison between what we offer, and the Kenwood:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857

Great question Medic - thanks for the post!

#628 2 years ago

Just placed my first Pinwoofer order for GZ LE! Can't wait to try this out!

#629 2 years ago
    Quoted from wfumed2:

Just placed my first Pinwoofer order for GZ LE! Can't wait to try this out!

Got you down buddy - our sincere thanks!

#630 2 years ago

Perfect, thank you!

We're working on these and hope to have something posted this week. Thanks for your patience!

#631 2 years ago

PinWoofer Any Black Friday sales coming?

#632 2 years ago

It is literally just a few post up in this thread...

#633 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

It is literally just a few post up in this thread...

Thanks... just ordered the kits after reading his post.

#634 2 years ago

Finally put my KO kit in my JP! SO much easier than the old days with wire taps, etc. It sounds amazing. The game literally roars now!
    Thanks Dan!

#635 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Finally put my KO kit in my JP! SO much easier than the old days with wire taps, etc. It sounds amazing. The game literally roars now!
    Thanks Dan!

Awesome, enjoy - and Friday night to boot!

1 month later
    #636 2 years ago

Wanted to give my experience as a newbie pinball owner with this being my first pinball mod. (About the only relevant experience I have for doing something like this is that I have built gaming PC's before. But I've never done car audio or any kind of workshopping.)

"Experience is what you get just after you need it."

I have Mando Premium and have a Rush LE on order (I got LUCKY) so I wanted to see how this worked out on Mando before modding my grail theme, so I ordered a Pinwoofer KO last week and worked on it this week.

Honestly: while it wasn't exactly a simple mod for someone with no experience, it was very straightforward.

I want to say that the HurryUpPinball videos were IMMENSELY HELPFUL and I watched them a lot before even ordering the kit.

The first issue was completely on me, but I didn't realize it. I had gotten to the backbox speakers and noticed that the washer and nut weren't fitting on the 3D printed mount. I compared the various bags of hardware and thought they were all the same stuff. So, after giving up for the night, I emailed Dan and said that I might have the wrong bags of hardware. Since there was no "packing list" I could cross reference, I just assumed that was the case.

Dan replied the next morning (my email was after hours) and very very gently told me that the two bags in the 3D mount box are actually different hardware, and that the bag I randomly chose was the wrong one - I had picked up the spare nuts and washers that weren't needed because I reused the backbox speaker nuts and washers from the original speakers. Dan was perfectly willing to send me more bags (but I was willing to just go to Home Depot to pick up what I needed) but I went and checked and turned out this was completely on me. I apologized profusely in the next email. I work in software development and frequently deal with "PEBCAK" errors, and now I have become one.

Other than that, the only real difficult part for me personally was due to my lack of car audio experience. I have never hooked up these kinds of speakers, and have never even seen spade connectors until this week. (My speaker wiring is usually in the context of an AV receiver.) This was the ONLY part where the HurryUpPinball vids kinda fell short for me - it was "now hook up the speaker connectors" and it would have a fast forward of hands blocking the view and then "here's what it should look like when it's done." I actually STILL don't know which side of the connector is supposed to be "down" - the flat side or the side with the two bumps, but I'm guessing it doesn't really matter. All that I probably needed was a very quick shot to the camera of the connector's orientation before sliding it onto the terminal.

I did find the post here about pinching the negative connector to make it not fall out - I was at wits end trying to get the negative wire to not pop out with the slightest jiggle but the pliers did the trick.

The cabinet speaker had an interesting wrinkle too, for me - the holes to mount were actually covered by foam on the inside so I had to try to push them aside to get the screw through without puncturing them. I don't blame Pinwoofer for that, as he doesn't make those speakers. It just made it a little more challenging than it probably needed to be.

It worked first boot, though! No issues whatsoever once everything was in. And in my first game after dialing in the blog-suggested settings in DJ mode, I beat my high score.

I'm not saying Pinwoofer helped me get a better score, but I'm not saying Pinwoofer DIDN'T help me get a better score.

2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg
    #637 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackwolf:

Wanted to give my experience as a newbie pinball owner with this being my first pinball mod. (About the only relevant experience I have for doing something like this is that I have built gaming PC's before. But I've never done car audio or any kind of workshopping.)
    "Experience is what you get just after you need it."
    I have Mando Premium and have a Rush LE on order (I got LUCKY) so I wanted to see how this worked out on Mando before modding my grail theme, so I ordered a Pinwoofer KO last week and worked on it this week.
    Honestly: while it wasn't exactly a simple mod for someone with no experience, it was very straightforward.
    I want to say that the HurryUpPinball videos were IMMENSELY HELPFUL and I watched them a lot before even ordering the kit.
    The first issue was completely on me, but I didn't realize it. I had gotten to the backbox speakers and noticed that the washer and nut weren't fitting on the 3D printed mount. I compared the various bags of hardware and thought they were all the same stuff. So, after giving up for the night, I emailed Dan and said that I might have the wrong bags of hardware. Since there was no "packing list" I could cross reference, I just assumed that was the case.
    Dan replied the next morning (my email was after hours) and very very gently told me that the two bags in the 3D mount box are actually different hardware, and that the bag I randomly chose was the wrong one - I had picked up the spare nuts and washers that weren't needed because I reused the backbox speaker nuts and washers from the original speakers. Dan was perfectly willing to send me more bags (but I was willing to just go to Home Depot to pick up what I needed) but I went and checked and turned out this was completely on me. I apologized profusely in the next email. I work in software development and frequently deal with "PEBCAK" errors, and now I have become one.
    Other than that, the only real difficult part for me personally was due to my lack of car audio experience. I have never hooked up these kinds of speakers, and have never even seen spade connectors until this week. (My speaker wiring is usually in the context of an AV receiver.) This was the ONLY part where the HurryUpPinball vids kinda fell short for me - it was "now hook up the speaker connectors" and it would have a fast forward of hands blocking the view and then "here's what it should look like when it's done." I actually STILL don't know which side of the connector is supposed to be "down" - the flat side or the side with the two bumps, but I'm guessing it doesn't really matter. All that I probably needed was a very quick shot to the camera of the connector's orientation before sliding it onto the terminal.
    I did find the post here about pinching the negative connector to make it not fall out - I was at wits end trying to get the negative wire to not pop out with the slightest jiggle but the pliers did the trick.
    The cabinet speaker had an interesting wrinkle too, for me - the holes to mount were actually covered by foam on the inside so I had to try to push them aside to get the screw through without puncturing them. I don't blame Pinwoofer for that, as he doesn't make those speakers. It just made it a little more challenging than it probably needed to be.
    It worked first boot, though! No issues whatsoever once everything was in. And in my first game after dialing in the blog-suggested settings in DJ mode, I beat my high score.
    I'm not saying Pinwoofer helped me get a better score, but I'm not saying Pinwoofer DIDN'T help me get a better score.[quoted image]

My ko kit for rush is here waiting for my machine to show up!!

#638 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackwolf:

Great outcome! Give a shout after you get Rush up and running. Our sincere thanks!!!

1 month later
    #639 2 years ago

Anyone willing to share their settings for Led Zeppelin? Thanks.

1 month later
    #640 1 year ago

So I just got in my Ac/dc super kit with the 12” woofer and I got to wait to install as my daughter is custom painting my speaker panel. Im chomping at the bit.

#641 1 year ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

So I just got in my Ac/dc super kit with the 12” woofer and I got to wait to install as my daughter is custom painting my speaker panel. Im chomping at the bit.

I just installed in aerosmith prem, took out the flipper fidelity it came with. Wow!!!, Huge improvement.

#642 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just installed in aerosmith prem, took out the flipper fidelity it came with. Wow!!!, Huge improvement.

Yeah, no disrespect to ff, but I’ve always been stunned by that difference too

3 weeks later
    #643 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Final reminder - 20% sale ends at midnight tonight (sale extended through today, 2/16) - Thank you!

Any new coupons for those of us late to the game?

2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg
    #644 1 year ago

Anyone put a PinWoofer in BK SOR?

#645 1 year ago

Yes, I Owned a prem a year ago, amazing how good it sounded. The bass really thumps!

#646 1 year ago
    Quoted from Th3Warden:

Any new coupons for those of us late to the game?
    [quoted image]

Great presentation Th3Warden !

No promotions are planned at this time and considering the rising cost of materials, our focus has been to keep pricing at current levels.

We've had great feedback on BKSOR. Here is the kit you'll want:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Give a shout if you want to talk more!

Thanks,

Dan
    [email protected]

Pinwoofer logo (resized).pngPinwoofer logo (resized).png
    #647 1 year ago

Another white glove delivery from Jeff at Spokane Pinball Company - and some fun swag to boot! Time for Rush

Jeff 1 (resized).jpgJeff 1 (resized).jpgJeff 2 (resized).jpgJeff 2 (resized).jpg
    #648 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great presentation Th3Warden !
    No promotions are planned at this time and considering the rising cost of materials, our focus has been to keep pricing at current levels.
    We've had great feedback on BKSOR. Here is the kit you'll want:
    https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
    Give a shout if you want to talk more!
    Thanks,
    Dan
    [email protected]
    [quoted image]

Order placed...Thanks PinWoofer for the info

#649 1 year ago
    Quoted from Th3Warden:

Order placed...Thanks PinWoofer for the info

Super - you'll like the results

#650 1 year ago

Finally got to install my Ac/Dc super kit with the 12” sub. Such a night and day difference. Everything is top notch from Dan’s customer service to easy install. My son’s reaction was Mom’s going to be pissed! It ended a great day.
    Harley D.

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/13?hl=scjb007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.