(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 635 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpg
    CC55E708-0D45-49B6-AE55-1F8ED4D68E5C (resized).jpeg
    PinWoofer Amplifier Feature Matrix (resized).JPG
    GT and KO Amplifiers (resized).jpg
    GT KO Back (resized).jpg
    588BEE0C-DFDC-463F-8F3E-60315767E406 (resized).jpeg
    PW-V2-BBOX-RBLD (resized).jpg
    twipy2020 (resized).png
    black friday 2020 USE THIS ONE IT HAS THE CORRECT CODE.jpg
    invalidcode (resized).png
    9638D317-D6F2-4C12-8159-0DBFBEFB4849 (resized).jpg
    E9BEAE2D-7261-4C32-83E6-9077D71CB046 (resized).jpg
    5.25in No Foam (resized).jpg
    4in No Foam (resized).jpg
    im yellow rings (resized).JPG
    ring junble (resized).jpg

There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 3 months ago
    Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Hope we can make the already good Aliens better. Have not heard anyone complain on the stock.

I've not heard it myself, but my guess is to leave it alone EightBallTexas - and no toes!

#602 3 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...so if I wanted to get the best system you've got for my next game, what would it be? The KO or the GT?

Hey beelzeboob !

"Best" is subjective - the difference between offerings is in the feature set.

Anyone can call the shop and describe what their goals are and I can advise.

Happy to help.

Thanks,

Dan

+1 208 855 0346

PinWoofer Amplifier Feature Matrix (resized).JPG
    #603 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey beelzeboob !
    "Best" is subjective - the difference between offerings is in the feature set.
    Anyone can call the shop and describe what their goals are and I can advise.
    Happy to help.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    +1 208 855 0346
    [quoted image]

Well, "best" in my mind is the one with all the bells and whistles. So I guess the GT it is! (I just wish I had known about the price increase when I PM'ed you...I would have just bought one and stored it for the game coming at the end of the year.)

PS - My friend will be contacting you for a GT set for his LZLE. He loves the way mine sounds.

4 weeks later
    #605 81 days ago

Thought I would share my experience with the GnR kit I bought. To keep it short but sweet, yes the speakers sound better than stock. I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend them for music pins specifically. Is it imperative like a color dmd? No IMO. Is it super easy to install? Yes. And I can't stress how good the customer service is from Dan. The guy is a BEAST and responded to my questions literally within the hour I sent it.

Big props to Dan and appreciate the help. My GnR now sounds even better. Cheers.

#606 81 days ago

Where can I find instructions on the Pinwoofer system regarding making adjustments. My AIQ came with the new system installed and it sounds fine with the volume cranked. But when I want to play at lower volumes, I getting popping and audio cutting out. Leaving AIQ with a ball in the launcher, some of the audio is actually missing from the music and it sounds awful.

#607 80 days ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Where can I find instructions on the Pinwoofer system regarding making adjustments. My AIQ came with the new system installed and it sounds fine with the volume cranked. But when I want to play at lower volumes, I getting popping and audio cutting out. Leaving AIQ with a ball in the launcher, some of the audio is actually missing from the music and it sounds awful.

Here are the recommended starting adjustments for AIQ:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-avengers-infinity-quest-amplifier-settings/

The critical adjustment in your case to set the gain to 3o'clock.

Please give me an email or call if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Dan
    https://PinWoofer.com
    [email protected]
    +1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

2 months later
    #608 16 days ago

I ordered the GT kit for my new Wonka LE. There is so much going on with the audio, great movie clips and audio bytes that were getting lost with the original speakers. I was a bit skeptical. The install took me a bit because I’m a bit of an idiot when it comes to these things but that’s just me. Anyway, I was blown away. It was 10X better than the stock audio. So good in fact, I ordered another one for my Godzilla Premium. I can’t wait to hear it on that thing. It makes me sad that the manufacturers could have audio like this in their pins for just a little more and don’t, but that’s why pinwoofer fills the niche. Great product.

#609 16 days ago
    Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just wrapped up my second PinWoofer install tutorial, this time for a JJP machine. It made a world of difference on Wonka and I am really glad to finally have some rich sounds and bass. Just wanted to share this in case anyone was considering adding a PinWoofer kit to their JJP machine. Again, I never knew how much sound was missing until I installed this kit.

Thanks for the video. Great tutorial. Helped me out a lot today on my install.

#610 16 days ago

What's the likelihood of any Black Saturday deals Dan? Been sitting on the fence for a while.

#611 15 days ago
    Quoted from Kenswift:

I ordered the GT kit for my new Wonka LE. There is so much going on with the audio, great movie clips and audio bytes that were getting lost with the original speakers. I was a bit skeptical. The install took me a bit because I’m a bit of an idiot when it comes to these things but that’s just me. Anyway, I was blown away. It was 10X better than the stock audio. So good in fact, I ordered another one for my Godzilla Premium. I can’t wait to hear it on that thing. It makes me sad that the manufacturers could have audio like this in their pins for just a little more and don’t, but that’s why pinwoofer fills the niche. Great product.

What a great comment to wake up to and we're thrilled you are enjoying the upgrade!

Our sincere thanks, [email protected]

#612 15 days ago
    Quoted from Kenswift:

Thanks for the video. Great tutorial. Helped me out a lot today on my install.

Crag at HurryUpPinball is THE BEST out there for pinball explainer vids - keep up the great work!

#613 15 days ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What's the likelihood of any Black Saturday deals Dan? Been sitting on the fence for a while.

Hey Flynnyfalcon ! Great to hear from you.

Considering the supply chain issues in the US and the rapidly rising cost of our goods sold, we will not be having a Black Friday sale this year. We have managed to keep our pricing flat and hope to be able to do so through November, and to re-evaluate next month. I wish it were different - it would have been fun.

Best wishes!

#614 15 days ago

I recently installed the Pinwoofer system in my EHOH everything was clearer and sharper. Great product and installation video. Dan is great to work with.

#615 15 days ago

Just put one of Dan's kits on zilla, night and day difference. Call outs are crisp, zilla roar more defined, bass hits hard, great addition.

Thanks, Dan

#616 15 days ago
    Quoted from brucea1956:

I recently installed the Pinwoofer system in my EHOH everything was clearer and sharper. Great product and installation video. Dan is great to work with.

Quoted from Charger68:

Just put one of Dan's kits on zilla, night and day difference. Call outs are crisp, zilla roar more defined, bass hits hard, great addition.
    Thanks, Dan

Great news! I believe both of these were the Knockout "KO" Amplifier - can't go wrong there.

Enjoy!

#617 15 days ago

KO amp on gz here as well. Couldn't be happier!

#618 15 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

KO amp on gz here as well. Couldn't be happier!

Hayfarmer ! Great to hear from you!!!

#619 15 days ago

Difference bw ko and the gt? Any Black Friday sale happening?

#620 15 days ago

I’ve never understood this and maybe I’m doing it wrong, but what are we supposed to do with the smallness of the negative terminal on the pyle speaker, as it doesn’t match size of connector on wiring harness and is super loose/wonky when connected?

CC55E708-0D45-49B6-AE55-1F8ED4D68E5C (resized).jpeg
    #621 15 days ago

Just pinch the connector a bit with pliers, easy to spread open with a screwdriver if you go too far

#622 15 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just pinch the connector a bit with pliers, easy to spread open with a screwdriver if you go too far

Perfect, thank you!

Anyone know of there are any recommended amp settings yet for Godzilla?

#623 15 days ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

I’ve never understood this and maybe I’m doing it wrong, but what are we supposed to do with the smallness of the negative terminal on the pyle speaker, as it doesn’t match size of connector on wiring harness and is super loose/wonky when connected?[quoted image]

This should help but Hayfarmer seems to have you covered:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-tighten-up-loose-speaker-terminal-crimps/

The rationale behind not changing the blue negative crimp to a smaller one, is that there are other speakers out there and we don't want to hem ourselves or the customer in to a small negative connector if another speaker is in play.

#624 15 days ago

Perfect, thank you!

Here are the recommended settings:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-godzilla-amplifier-settings-da4b0b/

Please PM if you need any additional assistance - happy to help out!

#625 15 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Difference bw ko and the gt? Any Black Friday sale happening?

Hey delt31 - the amplifier feature differences are shown in the image below.

I made a comment earlier with regards to Black Friday:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/13#post-6615398

Thanks for asking!

pinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpg

#626 14 days ago

If I have a GZLE , will the pinwoofer speakers really sound better than the kenwoods? If not, do you sell the amp and wires without the speakers if you think the speakers are similar.

#627 14 days ago
    Quoted from medic7000:

If I have a GZLE , will the pinwoofer speakers really sound better than the kenwoods? If not, do you sell the amp and wires without the speakers if you think the speakers are similar.

Yes, the PinWoofer supplied speakers will sound better. We recommend getting the KFC-1366S out of play and to replace them. This Kenwood model has a smaller voice coil and magnet, and the result is a thin sounding backbox. Below is a trusted comparison between what we offer, and the Kenwood:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/55#post-6158857

Great question medic7000 - thanks for the post!

#628 13 days ago

Just placed my first Pinwoofer order for GZ LE! Can't wait to try this out!

#629 13 days ago
    Quoted from wfumed2:

Just placed my first Pinwoofer order for GZ LE! Can't wait to try this out!

Got you down buddy - our sincere thanks!

#630 13 days ago

Perfect, thank you!

We're working on these and hope to have something posted this week. Thanks for your patience!

#631 11 days ago

PinWoofer Any Black Friday sales coming?

#632 11 days ago

It is literally just a few post up in this thread...

#633 11 days ago
    Quoted from Bundy:

It is literally just a few post up in this thread...

Thanks... just ordered the kits after reading his post.

#634 9 days ago

Finally put my KO kit in my JP! SO much easier than the old days with wire taps, etc. It sounds amazing. The game literally roars now!
    Thanks Dan!

#635 9 days ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Finally put my KO kit in my JP! SO much easier than the old days with wire taps, etc. It sounds amazing. The game literally roars now!
    Thanks Dan!

Awesome, enjoy - and Friday night to boot!

There are 635 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside