(Topic ID: 239060)

NEW - Full Pin Audio System by PinWoofer!

By PinWoofer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by PinStalker
  • Topic is favorited by 89 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KOP Freq Char (resized).jpg
    KOP (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PW-DVC-4X2 (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PinWoofer PW-4 Specifications (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Spec Sheet (resized).jpg
    PW-525 Speaker Pair with Box (resized).jpg
    PW Speaker Line (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    06FAC8AF-B022-4CD7-9EBC-6EE34988A3CD.gif
    Jeff 1 (resized).jpg
    Jeff 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinwoofer logo (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpeg
    2022-01-19 17.29.44 (resized).jpg
    There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
    #451 3 years ago

Just curious, has anyone tried this with a Black Knight 2000? I really want that to sound amazing, but it is an older machine.

1 month later
    #452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

looking good mate....only one problem....that big toe ruined it....lol

1 week later
    #453 3 years ago

Just installed this on my comic
    pro . Anyone.else with star wars have any suggestions
    for audio settings in menu to get Best sound. I've messed
    with it some but would be open to any advice. Also what do you set your music and speech attenuation levels to. Thx.

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

advice. Also what do you set your music and speech attenuation levels to

Not sure about SW, but with many Sterns I don’t believe those settings do anything. Dial in the amp(s) and you’ll be golden

1 week later
    #455 3 years ago

Greetings everyone! We are pleased to announce the next step in pinball audio; our new product - the PinWoofer GT.

Over that past 16 months we've introduced the V1 subwoofer kit and shortly thereafter, the V2 subwoofer + backbox kit. Since then we've had time to learn the ecosystem and take in a significant amount of feedback. In addition, we've had have a number of ideas and improvements of our own that we wanted to incorporate into a future product. The end result is something we believe is better in every way!

I'm old school and while I would not consider myself a "golden ear", I do know what sounds good and have gained a thorough understanding of audio through decades of engineering. One of the goals from the start of GT was to implement a completely analog approach both in the passive mixing of the audio taps and throughout the system level. Meaning, the GT is a 100% analog (i.e. no digital whatsoever). Hearing new things in the audio track with our system is no exaggeration - particularly in the newer backboxes; sounds effects like glass shattering, thunder claps, cymbals and percussion elements during sling and jet hits and so on, are examples of things you simply won't get with a stock setup.

New features:
    - Custom Aluminum Enclosure - Laser engraved with the the new PinWoofer logo and adjustment labels.
    - Dedicated Power Board - No more splitters or need to share power; we utilize separate power rails compared to other mods.
    - Dedicated Expander BoardTM for Audio - Simply plug the amp into the machine.
    - Differential Pre-Amplifier Stage - works with any title.
    - Gain Control - weak signal boost and fine-tuning at amplifier location.
    - Line Out - connect an external monitoring device, compatible headphone station, compatible recorder, etc.
    - PinWoofer Glass TamerTM (i.e. "PinWoofer GT") - Playfield glass shake reduction technology that helps to reduce the vibration of the playfield glass (patent pending).
    - Auto-Muting - silent standby operation; this is especially useful for an older title with ground loops, noisy power, exhausted capacitors or other audible hum or buzz issue.
    - Dedicated Wiring Harness - Unroll, plug and go.

Other Improvements:
    - Integration - we worked hard to make the system as close to plug and play as possible. For the speakers, a few nuts. For the electronics, at most - one screw. We believe that no further simplifications can be made. No more crimping!
    - Instructions - the electronics install in 6 easy steps and are now illustrated. Starting / recommended audio adjustments are included. We sincerely believe anyone can install our system.
    - Installation:
    - Electronics - installation time is estimated to be 10-20 minutes for the first time installer; some systems require no tools, some require the attachment of only one ground screw.
    - Speakers - we are now pre-populating all rings and Sub Speaker InterposerTM hardware. Installation time is estimated to be 5-10 minutes per speaker.
    - Combined Amplifier - Both sub and backbox amplifiers have been combined into one box.
    - Use model - adjustment is quick; place the amp on the playfield glass and make your adjustments with ease. No need to lift the playfield or open the backbox.

Supported Platforms:
    - Data East / Sega System 3
    - Early Jersey Jack Pinball
    - Jersey Jack Pinball
    - Stern SAM
    - Stern Spike (-1 & -2)
    - WPC
    - WPC-DCS
    - WPC95

Future Platforms:
    - Stern - Whitestar
    - Chicago Gaming Company
    - Others

It was a lot of hard work but you guys and our beloved hobby are worth it!

Thanks so much to everyone for supporting us! We would not have been able to make this new product without your help and patronage - enjoy!

We invite you to visit our newly updated website at: https://PinWoofer.com

PW-GT-6-525-WPC-SPK -  Cover Photo.jpgPW-GT-6-525-WPC-SPK - Cover Photo.jpg
    #456 3 years ago

We are super excited to show this new product off! Introducing the NEW PinWoofer GT Sound System created specifically for your pinball collection.

SDTM Overview, Installation, and Impressions Video. Watch & Buy Now!

#457 3 years ago

I am geeked out over most amazing upgrade in the PinWoofer line, the PinWooferGT SuperKit! I was lucky enough to install this kit in my GnR DE this week and holy hell, AMAZING! I hated the sound with the original GnR sound board with upgraded speakers and needed a solution, which was going to be a PinSound board. I am so glad I waited and was able to install the PinWoofer GT Kit ... the ability to control the gain, treble, bass, backbox volume and bass frequency in a user-friendly, EASY to reach Amp!!

The kit was well packed, well organized, and well labeled ... and for a nice surprise, I added anti-rattle tape!! Where else can you add on anti-rattle tape without going to another vendor?? PinWoofer, that’s who!

The Amp is a work of art!! (See photos)

Install was much easier than previous PinWoofer version. Total install time was 35 minutes in a DataEast!! Once installed and I played with the above settings in the Amp (gain, volume, etc) until it was
    ‘Dialed in’. I now hear sounds that I never heard before in GnR even with the original DE sound board. Best investment in a long time for a Pin! Total game changer! Thank you PinWoofer for the innovation and sound!!
    CC81EEEA-A3D0-4912-9EBC-7171C7BE99EF (resized).jpegCC81EEEA-A3D0-4912-9EBC-7171C7BE99EF (resized).jpeg23037664-4EED-402C-AF8C-BB76A0F77AD3 (resized).jpeg23037664-4EED-402C-AF8C-BB76A0F77AD3 (resized).jpeg6AD7C007-24A1-4628-9683-857516561C46 (resized).jpeg6AD7C007-24A1-4628-9683-857516561C46 (resized).jpeg40F97E2F-0FE9-433C-A2DB-F97113F39883 (resized).jpeg40F97E2F-0FE9-433C-A2DB-F97113F39883 (resized).jpeg22129232-47E8-4183-B387-4C8389028CC3 (resized).jpeg22129232-47E8-4183-B387-4C8389028CC3 (resized).jpeg6DFBB64F-7FFB-44A9-8CE2-229AA9802959 (resized).jpeg6DFBB64F-7FFB-44A9-8CE2-229AA9802959 (resized).jpeg856E5B98-524F-4CA2-80F0-0DD29071E05F (resized).jpeg856E5B98-524F-4CA2-80F0-0DD29071E05F (resized).jpegC9D529D0-9C1B-453C-8500-4EAB2B1BCAD5 (resized).jpegC9D529D0-9C1B-453C-8500-4EAB2B1BCAD5 (resized).jpegDC49D714-CD94-4D3C-92CA-A56E201EA56D (resized).jpegDC49D714-CD94-4D3C-92CA-A56E201EA56D (resized).jpeg

#458 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We are super excited to show this new product off! Introducing the NEW PinWoofer GT Sound System created specifically for your pinball collection.
    SDTM Overview, Installation, and Impressions Video. Watch & Buy Now!

We wanted to give a huge acknowledgement to ZMeny and Hollywoodbone for featuring us in their STDM installment! It's really nice that they would showcase our wares, and we're glad they believed in our product enough to put us in the spotlight! Thanks guys!!!

#459 3 years ago

New video link for corrected audio. Sorry about that everyone, we had encoding issues.

#460 3 years ago

Holy Shit Batman, this is like WOW-Boom-Bam.....I want it now!!!!!!

Will go great in my 3rd machine.....yes 3rd...crazy....Any guesses??

#461 3 years ago

Will go great in my 3rd machine.....yes 3rd...crazy....Any guesses?

Can I vote? And this will turn that title inside out! I can’t wait to hear it in there ... you thought BM66 and JP2 was amazing, just wait!

#462 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Can I vote? And this will turn that title inside out! I can’t wait to hear it in there ... you thought BM66 and JP2 was amazing, just wait!

You get one vote and PinWoofer gets the other.

#463 3 years ago

You get one vote and pinwoofer gets the other.

-Popeye Saves the Earth-

#464 3 years ago

spidey sighting?? wow......you just dropped off the earth.....maybe it was my breathe?

No on Popeye.

Its going to be Epic with the new pinwoofer....guesses?

#465 3 years ago

Just looking at this product and haven’t waded through all the pages so be patient. Will the PinWoofer GT 8in 5.25in Spike-2 Super Kit work with Speaker Light Kits for late model Sterns?

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Just looking at this product and haven’t waded through all the pages so be patient. Will the PinWoofer GT 8in 5.25in Spike-2 Super Kit work with Speaker Light Kits for late model Sterns?

It should work and fit fine with any of these Speaker Light Kits:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

...BUT, if you are wanting to use the Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit you should use the proper 5.25" speaker plates (also available on my website). As using the 5.25" adapter to go behind the 4" speaker plate may not work or, at the very least, would look bad.

Here are some quick pictures I just took showing the 5.25" Pyle speakers that PinWoofer's kit uses in those scenarios. On the left is the 5.25" speaker plate to hold the 5.25" speaker and the Deluxe 5.25" light kit. The right side is the factory 4" speaker plate holding the 5.25" speaker and the Deluxe 5.25" light kit. So if you are interested in getting the Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit.....you would be much better served to go ahead and spring the extra $25 to get the 5.25" speaker plates with it if your game doesn't already have 5.25" speaker plates (many LE games do). It's $100 for the Deluxe 5.25" light kit and 5.25" speaker plate set here:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

Keep in mind, if you were to use the Standard or Deluxe Speaker Light Kits (that light the entire honeycomb grill area) and keep the factory foam behind the honeycomb grill....the speaker holes and speakers wouldn't even be seen (much like the above linked SDTM video where the PinWoofer GT 8in 5.25in Spike-2 Super Kit was installed in the Jurassic Park that had the Deluxe Speaker Light Kit in it). So in that case, visually it would be hard to tell if you were using the original 4" speaker plates with the "4in to 5.25in Mounting Interposer Rings" or 5.25" speaker plates.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
    PW 525 vs 4 (resized).jpgPW 525 vs 4 (resized).jpgPW with 525 (resized).JPGPW with 525 (resized).JPGPW with 4 (resized).JPGPW with 4 (resized).JPG

#467 3 years ago
    #468 3 years ago

ahhhh no. It will be supreme looking and now sounding....

#469 3 years ago

I just wanted to speak up and say that I have the new GT kit in my JJPOTC and the sound is amazing. It’s a huge upgrade! I’ve had a lot of the previous PinWoofer amps and they’ve been amazing but this is next level. The install is SO much easier. So much more convenient to adjust settings. Sound is arguably better (although previous version sound was amazing). PinwooferGT is an upgrade in every way. As always, buy with confidence as Dan has the best customer service in pinball.

I’m smelling a TWIPY here!!!

#470 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Yes! It does! In fact they mention that in the SDTM video. Let us know if you have any other questions

#471 3 years ago

These look awesome.....does anyone have experience installing with the PinSound + board? I wish I would have known about this product a couple months ago when I upgraded my sound package on my IJ

#472 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

does anyone have experience installing with the PinSound

Not yet, however given Some time, I may move my kit to my Tommy which does have Pinsound. Was going to add PinSound to GnR, but with this new amp, Dan saved me 400 as I don’t need it now! Amp is enough!!

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Not yet, however given Some time, I may move my kit to my Tommy which does have Pinsound. Was going to add PinSound to GnR, but with this new amp, Dan saved me 400 as I don’t need it now! Amp is enough!!

If u want to the original sound package than I would agree that the Amp is enough, but if u want to really improve the overall sound package isn't the PinSound + the pin woofer the ideal package? I'm specifically talking about older Williams titles (i.e. IJ) where the original sound package is poor (files and hardware).

#474 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

If u want to the original sound package than I would agree that the Amp is enough, but if u want to really improve the overall sound package isn't the PinSound + the pin woofer the ideal package? I'm specifically talking about older Williams titles (i.e. IJ) where the original sound package is poor (files and hardware).

We are compatible and we sound really good with remastered sound! There are some machines that I'd recommend this specific approach for, like Terminator 2. But starting with DCS/WPC95 they improved the sound a lot, and assuming you like the factory sound track, just our kit sounds amazing. But since you clearly changed it already, we can answer any questions you might have during the process, if you truly want to add us. I think you'll like the improvements our kit adds!

-Emily

#475 3 years ago

I just upgraded one of my pins with the latest Pinwoofer sub and amplifier kit and the install couldn't have been easier. My entire install took about 20 minutes. With the previous generation kits they relied on using T taps for grabbing power for the amplifiers. The T taps are okay, but if you didn't make a solid connection when clamping them down, you could get a flaky connection. The new power board solution they came up with is a much better approach.

I also like how there's just one amplifier instead of the two amp solution with the previous generation. It makes everything super simple. There's enough slack to pull the entire amplifier out of the cabinet, which makes tuning easier instead of reaching into the cabinet every time you want to make an adjustment, then standing back up to listen to the results. The sound with the new amp is excellent and having the ability to adjust bass, treble, and gain individually allows you tweak things to your liking.

The amp enclosure is also a nice touch. It feels like Pinwoofer has matured into a professional product.

#476 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

...BUT, if you are wanting to use the Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit you should use the proper 5.25" speaker plates (also available on my website). As using the 5.25" adapter to go behind the 4" speaker plate may not work or, at the very least, would look bad.
    Here are some quick pictures I just took showing the 5.25" Pyle speakers that PinWoofer's kit uses in those scenarios. On the left is the 5.25" speaker plate to hold the 5.25" speaker and the Deluxe 5.25" light kit. The right side is the factory 4" speaker plate holding the 5.25" speaker and the Deluxe 5.25" light kit. So if you are interested in getting the Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit.....you would be much better served to go ahead and spring the extra $25 to get the 5.25" speaker plates with it if your game doesn't already have 5.25" speaker plates (many LE games do). It's $100 for the Deluxe 5.25" light kit and 5.25" speaker plate set here:
    Keep in mind, if you were to use the Standard or Deluxe Speaker Light Kits (that light the entire honeycomb grill area) and keep the factory foam behind the honeycomb grill....the speaker holes and speakers wouldn't even be seen (much like the above linked SDTM video where the PinWoofer GT 8in 5.25in Spike-2 Super Kit was installed in the Jurassic Park that had the Deluxe Speaker Light Kit in it). So in that case, visually it would be hard to tell if you were using the original 4" speaker plates with the "4in to 5.25in Mounting Interposer Rings" or 5.25" speaker plates.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DugFreez 's lighting kits are superb and he's thought of all the mechanical integration concerns. We have scores of guys that have merged our products without issue and I'm always confident in recommending his gear. Well done!

#477 3 years ago

@dugfreez, I bought the type 11 deluxe speaker light kit for the 4” speakers in my stranger things pin. I would like to buy the pinwoofer kit with the 5.25” speakers. I’m a little confused as to what I’m gonna need to make this work. Do I need to buy the 5.25” speaker plates and will that work with my existing light kit ?

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

dugfreez, I bought the type 11 deluxe speaker light kit for the 4” speakers in my stranger things pin. I would like to buy the pinwoofer kit with the 5.25” speakers. I’m a little confused as to what I’m gonna need to make this work. Do I need to buy the 5.25” speaker plates and will that work with my existing light kit ?

If a person has one of my Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, that have the light frames that lights the entire honeycomb grill area....there is absolutely nothing extra you need from me to install the PinWoofer 5.25" kits. That scenario is just like the SDTM video that was linked to above. Greg had the type 12 (Deluxe) light kit already installed in his Jurassic Park premium and he installed the PinWoffer 5.25" kit on it. No issues and nothing additional needed to buy. Take off the original 4" speakers, put on his 4" to 5.25" adapter ring and put on the 5.25" speakers. As far as the physical speaker mounting goes, that is it.

I would highly recommend that you keep your factory speaker foam in place (or you put it back in if you removed it) and you could always get the 5.25" speaker plates from me if you would like to, but as seen in the SDTM video, that is not needed.

#479 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

If a person has one of my Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, that have the light frames that lights the entire honeycomb grill area....there is absolutely nothing extra you need from me to install the PinWoofer 5.25" kits. That scenario is just like the SDTM video that was linked to above. Greg had the type 12 (Deluxe) light kit already installed in his Jurassic Park premium and he installed the PinWoffer 5.25" kit on it. No issues and nothing additional needed to buy. Take off the original 4" speakers, put on his 4" to 5.25" adapter ring and put on the 5.25" speakers. As far as the physical speaker mounting goes, that is it.
    I would highly recommend that you keep your factory speaker foam in place (or you put it back in if you removed it) and you could always get the 5.25" speaker plates from me if you would like to, but as seen in the SDTM video, that is not needed.

Ok. Cool. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I appreciate it. You’ve been a big help since day one and I appreciate you helping me out whenever I have questions. You don’t make me feel like an idiot when I ask questions. That’s called good customer support! Thanks again !

#480 3 years ago

Just installed the new kit, pretty simple and the sound is incredible. Put it in my Arabian nights. About as plug play user friendly kit as you can get.

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

Just installed the new kit, pretty simple and the sound is incredible. Put it in my Arabian nights. About as plug play user friendly kit as you can get.

Just curious, do you also have a pinsound?

#482 3 years ago

Of COURSE the new kit comes out RIGHT after I get the old kit for ACDC premium. Because God hates me.

#483 3 years ago

No pin sound in my newest install but I do have a color dmd. The plug on the power driver for the color dmd does not interfere at all with the new power board for the sound. It sits just on top plug when installed

#484 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Of COURSE the new kit comes out RIGHT after I get the old kit for ACDC premium. Because God hates me.

I feel you, bro! I wonder...does the new kit improve overall sound quality compared with the older kits or is it mainly an ease of installation upgrade?

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from Spelunk71:

I feel you, bro! I wonder...does the new kit improve overall sound quality compared with the older kits or is it mainly an ease of installation upgrade?

Hey guys. Through feedback, the community has driven us to make changes and we have a genuine interest in making the product the best it can be for the community. What's out there in the Version 2 kit is simple and elegant and sounds amazing. V2 is a great product and we do not recommend replacing it with GT if you already have a V2 in your title if your goal is solely sound improvement.

For GT we added the enclosure, the improvement in power, the feature set (tone controls, muting, etc.) and the ease of installation. You don't need all of the new features to have great sound; the GT features are nice to have and offer more customization. The V2 is simple and had a much lower price point than the GT. The GT is a completely different product with its own pros and cons (higher price point and additional adjustment complexity).

If you have the V2 you have a great sounding product. If you have a new title in the future we hope you'll consider the GT.

Thank you!

#486 3 years ago

Sooooo....quick question. I’m seriously considering ordering your new system for a JJP Willy Wonka machine. I see on your site that the kit you offer for JJP machines doesn’t come with the backbox speakers. Is there a reason for this?

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

Sooooo....quick question. I’m seriously considering ordering your new system for a JJP Willy Wonka machine. I see on your site that the kit you offer for JJP machines doesn’t come with the backbox speakers. Is there a reason for this?

The JJP backbox speakers are good quality, with separate ~5 inch mid range and 2 inch tweeter per side. Also, if you've ever looked up there, the speakers are really difficult to switch out on JJP. The quality of our Wonka with the super kit is really great! Before our kit it's a tinny sounding machine, but after it has much better range & you can really appreciate the score. There are some speakers out there that might make a bigger difference than the stock speakers, but we don't recommend replacing them.

Just look at it as you'll save some money and effort on Wonka. That's ultimately the nice thing about this platform!

-Emily

#488 3 years ago

This is a great topic and I wanted to expand of the above and provide some comments on what we did to the JJP platform in an attempt to smooth out the backbox sound field and address some of the constraints inherent in the platform.

Some things to point out first. The backbox consists of a mid-range speaker and tweeter on each side. The tweeters point directly at the player. Speakers are also at / near ear-level which differs from most other pinball platforms. The mid-range speakers point vertically and the sound is reflected off of internal panels, angled towards the player position. I can't think of another speaker application that configures a driver in this way, but there is no denying that the "look" of the JJP platform is pretty cool.

In an attempt to address / mitigate the above constraints, we set out to see if we could add back in some of the high bass and low mid-range and temper the high-end character of the track by making changes to our Expander Board(TM). In large part we feel that we were successful considering the constraints of the platform. Feedback has been positive for JJP titles and we think we have something that's going to improve the backbox and of course, there is no question the bass emanating from the cabinet sub is dramatically improved.

Below are the amplifier and menu settings we're using on Wonka. Below that is the network curve from our JJP Expander Board. Even with the roll-off there is an abundance of high end (for some future title or music pin) and you can see in the amp adjustment we have the treble (second from right) turned to about 25%. (Bass level at 100%.) The speech and fanfare are reduced in the menu by preference.

We hope to add more to our adjustments library as time goes along and all community contributions are welcome!

Thanks for your attention

PinWoofer.com

controls pic (resized).jpgcontrols pic (resized).jpgDSCN2709 (resized).JPGDSCN2709 (resized).JPGJJP-EB-Network (resized).JPGJJP-EB-Network (resized).JPG
    #489 3 years ago

So I just put in my order for a GT system with the 5.25” speakers last night ! Ordered for my stranger things machine. There’s LOTS of callouts on that game and I think this system will do well on it. Can’t wait to hear it!

3 weeks later
    #490 3 years ago

Hi everyone!

We're now offering colored 3D printed rings for those who want to put an extra special finishing touch on their install. They come in all the primary and secondary colors, as well as black and white! You can buy them separately or choose a color to go with your PinWoofer system. Just be aware that if you buy them separately and are using them with speakers other than our Pyle brand (which we designed the rings to work with), you're responsible for making sure they fit the pre-populated hardware. We can't say that they'll work with every other speaker brand. Most 4" and 5.25" speakers have similar hole patterns so it's not hard to determine with a little research. Our rings are pre-populated for you with stainless steel screws and a nut and washer pack specific to the platform.

We like yellow rings in our Iron Maiden!

https://pinwoofer.com

-Emily

im yellow rings (resized).JPGim yellow rings (resized).JPGring junble (resized).jpgring junble (resized).jpg
    #491 3 years ago

Very Nice!!!! I have a lighted speaker kit and might need this for the extra bang. I need a gold color...lol

#492 3 years ago

Very Nice!!!! I have a lighted speaker kit and might need this for the extra bang. I need a gold color...lol

I'm pretty sure this is not what you think it is.

PinWoofer or @pintweeter......are these even seen when the speaker panel is closed? If so...can we get some pics with and without the speaker foam in place on a SPIKE 2 speaker panel?

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm pretty sure this is not what you think it is.
    pinwoofer or pintweeter......are these even seen when the speaker panel is closed? If so...can we get some pics with and without the speaker foam in place on a SPIKE 2 speaker panel?

I think Royale-W-Cheese knows what he's talking about - he values beauty on the inside!

There's not much to see; pictured are without the foam (flashlight for back lighting), 4in Spike-[1,2] yellow ring / 4in->5.25in Spike-2 yellow interposer. I'm not going to say that you can't see some color if you look closely or change your angle, but they are functionally out of the way and quite presentable from the players perspective. I was able to remove some inner material with the printed rings whereas the MDF rings require an inner shelf for strength that is slightly visible. The foam is there for a reason which is to keep dust out of the backbox (particularly to keep dust off the backside of the display glass, and out of the power supply fan) but it is of course at individual discretion to remove it in exchange for different cosmetics. You can always leave the foam in, choose black rings or do both.

https://PinWoofer.com

4in No Foam (resized).jpg4in No Foam (resized).jpg5.25in No Foam (resized).jpg5.25in No Foam (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #494 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doug, I just ordered your 5.25 inch speaker light kit with the speaker plates. I also have pinwoofer’s new GT audio system with the Pyle backbox speakers. My question is: will I have to use those adapters that come with the pinwoofer kit or will those 5.25 speakers mount in the speaker plates I’ll be getting from you. Thanks !

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from Trindawg:

Doug, I just ordered your 5.25 inch speaker light kit with the speaker plates. I also have pinwoofer’s new GT audio system with the Pyle backbox speakers. My question is: will I have to use those adapters that come with the pinwoofer kit or will those 5.25 speakers mount in the speaker plates I’ll be getting from you. Thanks !

You will not want to use the adapters. You will mount: 5.25" speaker plate, Deluxe 5.25" light ring and 5.25" speaker.

#496 3 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

You will not want to use the adapters. You will mount: 5.25" speaker plate, Deluxe 5.25" light ring and 5.25" speaker.

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response! Looking forward to installing them. Will post pics when it’s all done.

3 weeks later
    #497 3 years ago

So Pinwofer, is the 6" kit the one you recommend for the Creature from the Black Lagoon Pinball machine? Just wanted to check before I made my next purchase. Absolutely loved my last couple of systems, Pinwofer rocks!

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from maglar:

So Pinwofer, is the 6" kit the one you recommend for the Creature from the Black Lagoon Pinball machine? Just wanted to check before I made my next purchase. Absolutely loved my last couple of systems, Pinwofer rocks!

That's exactly correct maglar - the cabinet mount is offset to the left to accomodiate the creature hologram and the 6" is the simplest method to improve the driver for the amp. Here is that link if others are interested:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-6in-5-25in-wpc-super-kit/

#499 3 years ago

Cool, thanks! Just placed my order.

#500 3 years ago

Thanks maglar ! Thread post #500 by the way!

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer/page/10?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.