AMH_Flyer3-825x1024.jpg
Backglass_Rev_12-4-KHill.jpg
pyschic_ref.jpg
Theresa-Caputo_web_1-300x225.jpg
zd.jpg
composite_2.jpg
composite_1.jpg
Backglass_Rev_11-KHill.jpg
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

Backglass isn't quite finished yet but this will give you a very good idea of how it's going to look. I included a composite photo of the new cabinet for the full effect.

The tombstones and the "wall of ghosts" still need to be re-done and the title graphic needs some tweaks. Just wanted to show everyone what we had before the holiday break.

First 20 games will be a "Founders Edition" with signed artwork, numbered plaque and special price of $5750 (Just like Kickstarter!) People already on our pre-sale list have first priority for deposits. After that, price reverts to $6250.

Want in? Already on the list and ready to get started? Email [email protected] or visit www.spookypinball.com/games-swag for more information.

Backglass_Rev_11-KHill.jpgBackglass_Rev_11-KHill.jpg composite_1.jpgcomposite_1.jpg composite_2.jpgcomposite_2.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Huge improvement. I know it's sometimes a challenge to alter a design based on group feedback, but I think you really found a great middle ground here.

#3 10 years ago

Soooooooooooo much Better!!!!! Just fantastic!

#4 10 years ago

Wow. you went from hurt my eyes bad to quite pleasant. Way to go Ben and team!

#5 10 years ago

To be clear... all on our sales list are going to get a crack at the first 20 before anyone else. If you are already on the list, look for an email tonight. If you pass, we go down the list to the next guy until they are gone. You can choose the original "reality show green" or the new "ghostly blue"... no extra charge. No set number of either design.

Why are we doing this now? Let's just say we went as far as we could from our own coffers. We need to get people building games, trained, and all the bulk parts in (many already are). This all takes money. We will do our absolute best not to sit on your money... and again, that's why we are making games in smaller batches. We will NOT take deposits beyond game #20.

We're going to do 100 total America's Most Haunted games, and then we need to switch to Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave production.

We're growing... we're learning... we're trying to do things the right way.

Thanks so much!

#6 10 years ago

Awesome! Keep up the great work.

#7 10 years ago

Great philosophy Charlie and thanks for listening to your customers.

#8 10 years ago

100 total, ever? That sucks to hear.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We're going to do 100 total America's Most Haunted games, and then we need to switch to Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave production.

Charlie, can you clarify? I was never under the impression that this was going to be limited to a certain number of pins.

So after you build some Pinball Zombies, would you possibly go back to building more AMH if the demand is there?

#10 10 years ago

Much better.

#11 10 years ago

Why limit to 100? Maybe go back after satisfying demand for Zombies?

You guys have done a great job! I'm hugely impressed, art package looks great and hopefully you guys can make $$ at that price point for your efforts (or you wouldn't be doing it) because I think you've hit the sweet spot of pricing.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why limit to 100? Maybe go back after satisfying demand for Zombies?

I won't say we'll never do another run, but Ben and I both believe 100 games is going to satisfy demand for now. Our facility isn't big enough to handle production on 2 games at once, so at some point we just have to cut it off. The interest in Pinball Zombies is still off the charts. It needs my full attention.

If more than 100 America's Most Haunted are needed, it would be a great problem to have. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

#13 10 years ago

looks great!

#14 10 years ago

I won't say we'll never do another run, but Ben and I both believe 100 games is going to satisfy demand for now. Our facility isn't big enough to handle production on 2 games at once, so at some point we just have to cut it off. The interest in Pinball Zombies is still off the charts. It needs my full attention.
If more than 100 America's Most Haunted are needed, it would be a great problem to have. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I would recommend you come out and state very clearly YES or NO that the 100 is or is not limited or risk people flying off the handle if you ever do re-run more of their supposedly 'limited' game.

#15 10 years ago

Looks fantastic! I wish I was the kind of baller that could afford games of this caliber. Really excellent work you guys. Also if anyone wants to hear more about AMH I just listened to Ben Hecks interview on the latest episode of Coast to Coast pinball and it is well worth your time.

#16 10 years ago

Looks Spoooooktacular!!!!!

#17 10 years ago

Why is this so important? Charlie said they would make 100 and start making his other title. IF there is sufficient interest he may make more. Thats pretty clear to me. Would you not get the game if there were 150 vs 100 AMH?

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I would recommend you come out and state very clearly YES or NO that the 100 is or is not limited or risk people flying off the handle if you ever do re-run more of their supposedly 'limited' game.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why is this so important? Charlie said they would make 100 and start making his other title. IF there is sufficient interest he may make more. Thats pretty clear to me. Would you not get the game if there were 150 vs 100 AMH?

Hey don't shoot the messenger - I don't have a horse in the race regardless of the quantity. I hope they sell 1000 of them.

But just look at the MMR mess. Everyone jumps at a concrete 1000 LE machines, then gets right pissed when an unlimited version is announced, even with Rick clearly stating at Expo that they "won't run more than 1000 LE machines' but can do 'whatever they want' after that. People interpreted that as 1000 MM period, which wasn't correct at all.

I'm just recommending it made VERY clear this is NOT a 100 machine limited run - people do find value in the limited numbers (I couldn't care less) and I would personally be careful not to sell them on this aspect if it's not true. The statement 'we'll see if we run more' could come back to bite them 2 years from now if/when they run another 100.

#19 10 years ago

I wish more games would be re-run. I can't be committing to games where I've never seen the gameplay. This games looks super badass, Im just concerned now on preorders there will be one super annoying feature for me personally.

Anyways, here's to hoping these get a re-run possibility!

#20 10 years ago

gameplay vids?

#21 10 years ago

Honestly, the reaction to the old art was so negative, we have no idea what to expect with this game.

I personally believe the boutique market is becoming so crowded, we'll have a hard time selling 100 with a non-licensed theme.

#22 10 years ago

We're going to stop making production games (nobody called them "Limited") at 100. That's how many games I have unique parts for. If demand piles up and people want more, we'll make them... but it won't be in 2014 and probably not 2015. It would take almost a full 100 customers to justify ordering those parts again. If it happens, great! If not, that's fine too. I believe this model already exists in pinball mfg.

If you really want something incredibly "limited"... get one of the first 20, because we absolutely positively won't be doing anything "LE" or "special edition" again on this game.

#23 10 years ago

I love the Cabinet artwork but less enthusiastic about the backglass - I might be one of the chosen fews preferring the greenish version

In any case, good luck with the project. Aiming at 100 seems a reasonable figure. As long as people know from the beginning there might be more, I would not care... assuming I could afford it. Truly not a fan of the LE concept.

#24 10 years ago

Can I come over and play a complete version sometime soon?

I have limited pinball funds and would like to play before I buy if possible.

thanks

#25 10 years ago

this looks great Ben & Charlie, unfortunately had to pass my position on the first run but definitely keep me on the list - hopefully my job situation changes very soon.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Honestly, the reaction to the old art was so negative, we have no idea what to expect with this game.
I personally believe the boutique market is becoming so crowded, we'll have a hard time selling 100 with a non-licensed theme.

There's lots of stuff in the works but who knows when it hits the market. You guys will do great!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can I come over and play a complete version sometime soon?

Yep. I'm not in the buy it before I play it club either. Stop down before Christmas and play away.

We didn't do this to start an "LE" debate. Please... buy the game and play it because you like it, not because it may or may not get another run.

#28 10 years ago

We're going to stop making production games (nobody called them "Limited") at 100. That's how many games I have unique parts for. If demand piles up and people want more, we'll make them... but it won't be in 2014 and probably not 2015. It would take almost a full 100 customers to justify ordering those parts again. If it happens, great! If not, that's fine too. I believe this model already exists in pinball mfg.
If you really want something incredibly "limited"... get one of the first 20, because we absolutely positively won't be doing anything "LE" or "special edition" again on this game.

Yup. I think this is how Stern operates with their later runs. It will work well for you and I personally think you'll sell 100 without issue.

I think there's a lot of room in the boutique market for unique games with low numbers. I can't justify squeezing another Stern machine in right now, but for a once-in-a-lifetime machine with just the right theme, I could make a concession if the right layout/theme/software came along.

#29 10 years ago

We didn't do this to start an "LE" debate. Please... buy the game and play it because you like it, not because it may or may not get another run.

Yeah sorry I kinda latched onto that just to try and offer advice. My bad for digressing.

I do like the new artwork, although I didn't dislike the old either. It's all better than what I can produce and it fits the theme well.

#30 10 years ago

How will support for parts work in the future?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

How will support for parts work in the future?

Good question! The unique parts I mentioned are all powdercoated metal... if you break one, you've really done something. BUT... I am keeping a stash of all unique parts in case there ever would be a problem for replacements. Warranty on the game is 1 year.

Ben's board is a super user friendly all-in-one design (cpu, driver, sound, etc). It has a problem, send it back and we send you another right away to get you back up and running. Most of the "common parts" you'll be familiar with, and are readily available from pretty much all your favorite vendors.

#32 10 years ago

Did someone say Spotted Cow? Ben, I swear I heard someone say Spotted Cow. I think I know where you can get some this weekend. Lots and lots of it!!

#33 10 years ago

Love the new art package! Was there ever an actual gameplay video? I'm on the list for Zombies, but this theme is right up my alley too. I had no idea there were only 100 units planned. I figured I'd get a chance to play it before committing to anything. Oh well, I guess that's how things go in the modern pinball world.

#34 10 years ago

If I buy can I also come assemble my own game?

#35 10 years ago

I've made several videos of my prototype machine https://www.youtube.com/user/benheckdotcom

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I had no idea there were only 100 units planned.

If we had 200 people lined up with cash in hand, there wouldn't be 100 units planned. This is basic supply and demand... if the game gets out there, people love it, want more... we'll make more eventually. Right now, we're committed to 100 units.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If I buy can I also come assemble my own game?

Pretty sure my insurance agent isn't going to allow self assembly in the shop.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Did someone say Spotted Cow? Ben, I swear I heard someone say Spotted Cow. I think I know where you can get some this weekend. Lots and lots of it!!

Get after him BK... I think he's staying home and working on code or some damn thing this weekend. That's no fun!

#37 10 years ago

That backglass looks much better IMO. Good job.

#38 10 years ago

Way way better on the art. Good job and thanks for listening to the market!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That backglass looks much better IMO. Good job.

Nice icon... I didn't get a harumph from that guy!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've made several videos of my prototype machine https://www.youtube.com/user/benheckdotcom

I was hoping to see some video of someone just playing the final game. with the glass on, 3 balls, no narration. Charlie, hook me up!

#41 10 years ago

Make as many as you want, whether it's 100 or 100,000. Ignore the haters who get their panties in a bunch if another run of so and so pin get made. Such arguing has zero cash value.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was hoping to see some video of someone just playing the final game.

^This^. The glass off / ball in hand demos of particular modes were cool, but it would be nice to see how it all ties in together.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Make as many as you want, whether it's 100 or 100,000. Ignore the haters who get their panties in a bunch if another run of so and so pin get made. Such arguing has zero cash value.

Agreed. I like how people think they can come on here and demand answers to questions that don't need any more of an answer. I also can't believe people are still griping about the call outs. If they can't understand the potential that exists in this area they also would never be able to gather $6250.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The boutique market is crowded with companies taking orders, money, and making promises. But the market is wide open for the first company that actually ships a completed pin that doesn't suck.

#45 10 years ago

New art looks great!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

The boutique market is crowded with companies taking orders, money, and making promises. But the market is wide open for the first company that actually ships a completed pin that doesn't suck

Greg and Dennis already did that at Whizbang (in my opinion). I'm happy we took the same route they did... We built the game from our own pockets and let everyone see it. Now it's time for us to ramp it up... build and ship, and not sit on your money for long. That's the goal. And hey... Steve Ritchie said "this game does not suck!" In exactly those words... Ben and I were giddy like school girls at that kinda praise.

We'll get that game play video out asap. Kinda shocked none showed up from Expo really! Just been pulled 100 different directions the last few weeks and only so many hours in the day.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone... got a 22 pound bird in the fridge that I can't wait to tear into!

#47 10 years ago

WOW. Much better! I might have to make a special trip up there and kick the tries properly.
You are practically just cross town from me.

It was impossible to grasp the full game play with the one game I played at expo. But I will say it was the third best machine I played that weekend and the best boutique of the bunch.

OK, what machine to put on the chopping block...HMMM

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

WOW. Much better! I might have to make a special trip up there and kick the tries properly.
You are practically just cross town from me.

It was impossible to grasp the full game play with the one game I played at expo. But I will say it was the third best machine I played that weekend and the best boutique of the bunch.

Wow... VERY kind of you! Thanks... Ben really did a great job on this game. Yeah I'm biased, but it's the truth. It plays great and is fun & funny ta' boot!

You want to make the trip up and "kick the tires"... that's not a problem. Happy to let you do so!

#49 10 years ago

HUGE improvement and much better !!!!! Nice upgrades.

#50 10 years ago

Very nice improved artwork ties it together better. Can't wait to see Pinball Zombies though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-americas-most-haunted-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.